CAG Xbox Live Gaming Community (New thread up, please close this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tag is Gargoyle2500. Multiplayer games that I have are Aegis Wing, Amped 2, Crimson Skies, Doom 3, Double Dragon, Flatout, Kameo, Full Auto, Gears Of War, Return to Castle Wolfenestein, Root Beer Tapper, Saint's Row, THAW (Tony hawk's american wasteland) Uno and Worms.

I don't play Amped 2, Crimson skies, Flatout or RTCW.

Glad to see that we've got some interest in Gears for Wednesday. Hopefully we can get a decent turn out. If we have more than can be hosted in a single game, we'll either need to appoint someone to run the second room or simply leave it up to everyone to find each other.

The solution to that is likely compiling a list of XBL names of people that are planning to be there Wendesday. So, that's what I'll do and I'll list them in the OP. I'll include everyone so far that has expressed interest and will add to it as more people respond. We'll see how that goes.

Also, I'll update the XBL name list when I get home from work (I'm relegated to CheapyD.com at work as CAG is now blocked. Boo.)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Glad to see that we've got some interest in Gears for Wednesday. Hopefully we can get a decent turn out. If we have more than can be hosted in a single game, we'll either need to appoint someone to run the second room or simply leave it up to everyone to find each other.

The solution to that is likely compiling a list of XBL names of people that are planning to be there Wendesday. So, that's what I'll do and I'll list them in the OP. I'll include everyone so far that has expressed interest and will add to it as more people respond. We'll see how that goes.

Also, I'll update the XBL name list when I get home from work (I'm relegated to CheapyD.com at work as CAG is now blocked. Boo.)[/QUOTE]

I will try to make it on Wednesday, no promises though. Wowous.

Ok, the list has been updated with the new submissions. It's growing nicely, many thanks to all that have asked to be part of the list. I know it has paid dividends for me personally, so hopefully others are getting some enjoyment out of it as well.

Here is the listing for Gears night participants thus far (also in the OP):

Potential Gears Night Players (6/27/07)
ThatDamnDave
Nelo Ice
baysteve
xevren11
WeaponX2099
CokeCola
ppowers
Dastly
RCTheriot
Wowous (maybe)

Is 9 PM EDT too early for people? It's of course negotiable, I just threw that out there. Don't feel like you have to RSVP or you can't participate. If it turns out you have some time that night, hop on and find me or someone else on this list and we'll get together that way. I would say no new maps just to make sure everyone is eligible for the games.

Thanks again all.

will we be playing on the new maps? i have not gotten the ones that came out a while ago. but if we play on the older ones i'm in

I'm in for Gears on Wednesday night. Same as the above though I only have the old maps. And by the way .. 9 pm EST is a great time to start.

P.S. Dave...could you also add now Virtua Tennis 3 to my Games List.

I can make it to gears at 9 PM. You may have to send me a message reminding me, Though.

Edit: I looked to see if my tag was spelled right, And it is. :) You could add Guitar hero 2 and Dead Rising to my tag, But they don't have XBL. They just have leaderboards, So it's up to you.

I also rent from gamefly, So keep that in mind.

[quote name='dougstill']Please add me to the list. I would love to play
Gamertag - Ruben Rybnik[/quote]
Do you want to be added to the full list or just for Gears night?

[quote name='Slate']
Edit: I looked to see if my tag was spelled right, And it is. :) You could add Guitar hero 2 and Dead Rising to my tag, But they don't have XBL. They just have leaderboards, So it's up to you.
[/quote]

Your list is already crazy long, I think we can leave GHII and DR off :)

Here's what I have so far:

Potential Gears Night Players (6/27/07)
ThatDamnDave
Nelo Ice
baysteve
xevren11
WeaponX2099
CokeCola
ppowers
Dastly
RCTheriot
QuantamPulse
Gargoyle2500
Wowous (maybe)

Everyone on that list should probably add everyone else on that list. Also, I'll probably need someone to run a second match as it looks like we'll be over 8. Any takers? Of course, ya never know who will show up so we'll just figure it out then.

Looking forward to it.

I'll hop on this eventually, but since I'm west coast, and don't get home until around 7 my time, I might miss the main action. I'll look for you, Dave, since you're on my friends list and seem to be on later.

I think you can take full auto off of my list, I never play it. And just so you know, I have the 360 version of american wasteland.

I'll also be getting The Darkness and Shadowrun from gamefly.

The Ikohn

Gears of War, Rainbow 6 Vegas, PDZ, Alien Hominid, Aegis Wing, TMNT Arcade

thought my shit just broke, so its goin to be awhile

Ok, a note for next time. Whenever we do another Gears night or another event like this, I'm going to make a fresh thread just for that purpose because we've intermingled a lot in this thread now :) So, I would say this thread is used for compiling tags and discussing potential gaming events. When those events actually get some momentum, I'll make a new thread just for that event. The OP will also be a mini-directory for those events as they come up as well.

That being said, I'm sure tonight will be a bit hectic with so many people interested, so we'll just have to see how it goes. If I can get someone to run a second (or third if the guest list keeps growing) room, that would smooth the invite process.

Here's the roster for tonight so far:

ThatDamnDave
Nelo Ice
baysteve
xevren11
WeaponX2099
CokeCola
ppowers
Dastly
RCTheriot
QuantamPulse
Gargoyle2500
KingBroly
SirMNL
GARRETT HAT
tuansoCOOL
kromekoran (later)
Dante Devil (later?)
Wowous (maybe)

I'm looking forward to it. Hope to see quite a few people there.

(Also, Ikohn I've added you to the list. Twanky, do you want to be on the big list too?)

Since there are so many....and 1 game won't be enough :)

I'll host a nice game (I do NOT have the $10 Map Pack but i do have the free one)

around 9ish...

find me, msg me and we'll play

I played 3 matches, and I thought it was awesome. Well, the first match was 4 on 3, but we still won a couple. COG's won every time. It was fun. Sorry if it sounded like I was barking orders sometimes. It was my first time playing Gears online.

The group kind of broke up, but if anyone is interested in hopping on for a late session, post here. North and I are kind of the only ones on for now. Thanks to those that came, we had a pretty healthy group of 8 going for a few matches there, so good times.

Edit: Nelo, that sucks about the connection errors. Maybe when we run another, we'll have someone else host in case the problem is with me hosting.

well on the xbox live test im getting moderate and strict on NAT...i cant get it to get open :bomb:

edit:lol...i looked up my router and xbox live..and a guy posted EXACT steps to get the NAT to be open and fix w/e Xbox live probs that i had with my router

I'm now, but I don't see anyone playing.

ThatDamnDave, if you're going to make game night threads for these things, could you copy the Xbox.com links to the attendee list. It would keep us from having to cross-reference.

It was cool. Sorry about the screaming when I got killed. :lol:

We should play again sometime. I don't have chromehounds or rainbow six vegas, So count me out of those. Perhaps we could start a saint's row night? The game is cheap enough for those who don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back