CAG Xbox Live Gaming Community (New thread up, please close this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CokeCola: I can definitely do that.

ppowers: I sent you like 50 invites :)

The group kind of broke up again, so we might be done for the night. Thanks to those that came, it was definitely a fun time.

Odenat I play mostly Rainbow Six Vegas, Shadowrun, Lumines Live, Texas Hold'em, and Crackdown(until I find my last 2 stupid hidden orbs) Feel free to add

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']CokeCola: I can definitely do that.

ppowers: I sent you like 50 invites :)

The group kind of broke up again, so we might be done for the night. Thanks to those that came, it was definitely a fun time.[/QUOTE]
sorry man, my wife got playing carcassone.

Sorry for bailing out early last night guys... I had been having hell with my 360 all night. My mic was shot, I kept getting disconnected .. finally got tired of trying to reconnect and just went to sleep.

Yeah, it was a good time. We ran a room almost continuously from 9 to 12 with a small break there in the middle.

ppowers: Sorry about spamming the invites then, you sent me that CAG Gears? message and then your wife must have hopped right into Carcassone, so I spammed a few, heh.

Quantam: Don't worry about it, there will always be connection troubles with people, just glad you were there when you were.

Wowous: No troubles, we'll do it again sometime.

North: My team preferred to let our shotguns do the talking. (Ha)

Anyway, we'll have to do this again sometime and I'd love to help set up other game nights that people are interested in. Someone mentioned Halo 2. I don't have it, but I'd be glad to publicize it here in the thread.

For anyone with Rainbow Six: Vegas, there's a game night tonight, so hopefully we'll see you on. Check the OP for the thread.

(I'll update the list of tags when I get home.)

I couldn't get in but I'm down anytime you guys want to play Gears again.

The other games I'm down for are Lost Planet, Burnout Revenge, DOA4, Third Strike, and Call of Duty 3.

Yeah sorry I couldn't make it either guys, me and a couple of other people decided to watch Live free or die hard then pretty much played dirt till 2 in the morning. But I can make tonight's game of Rainbow Six Vegas.

Yo great games last night. Sorry that I disconnected, i'm just borrowing my friends "really scratched up" disc and it freezes on me at random times. It froze in the middle of loading the map, and when I tried to get back on, it just froze in the title screen. Pretty sure it's not my 360 considering every other game I play works COMPLETELY fine even if I play for more than a few hours.

List has been updated with a couple new additions. I'm also working with CokeCola on a cool new way to present the list, so hopefully I'll get that implemented shortly.

As far as a next game night, we've had suggestions for Lost Planet, Halo 2 and another Gears night. I'm good with any of those. I don't own Halo 2, but I'd be glad to organize a night for people that do.

Also, I'm up for something tonight probably.

Anyone be up for any racing games? I've got Burnout Revenge and NFS: MW. I've never played either online, so I have no idea if they're good or not, but could be a change of pace from the shooters.

Can you put me down? nyprimus4-DTprimus2112

I can play Sun-Thu 6pm-12am, and Friday-Saturday whenever. I Mostly play R6 Vegas, Gears, NBA 2k7, will play anything on my gamercard except CoD3 or PDZ because I don't have them anymore. I also have Halo 2 and Star Wars battlefront 2 for regular Xbox. I would love to get a CAG Rainbow 6 Vegas clan going.

Looking for help with NBA 2k7 to get my remaining achievements. And help with all the burger king games.

edit: who are the main rainbow six vegas players on cag that i should add to my friends list?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Can you put me down? nyprimus4-DTprimus2112

I can play Sun-Thu 6pm-12am, and Friday-Saturday whenever. I Mostly play R6 Vegas, Gears, NBA 2k7, will play anything on my gamercard except CoD3 or PDZ because I don't have them anymore. I also have Halo 2 and Star Wars battlefront 2 for regular Xbox. I would love to get a CAG Rainbow 6 Vegas clan going.

Looking for help with NBA 2k7 to get my remaining achievements. And help with all the burger king games.

edit: who are the main rainbow six vegas players on cag that i should add to my friends list?[/quote]

im up for some NBA 2k7............just msg me when im on and we'll get a game goin :)

You can add me to the list now that I have a 360.

CAG - TheLucky.1
Gamertag - OneLucky7
Games - Gears, GRAW, Halo 2
Play time - Mon-Sun 5:30-9:000pm and 10:30pm on (late nights)

I'll mainly be on those games as that's all I have right now, though I plan on getting UNO in the near future.

add me!

XBL: SHARP83 / CAG: tsg2005 / GAMES: Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Crackdown, Dead Rising, PacMan CE

just got Rainbow Six today, so ill probably join the gamer night thing.

Anyone want to play a multiplayer game of Cloning Clyde tonight? I'll probably be on about 12am (Central) tonight. Really want to win that Simpsons 360 :) So 1 game a day for the next 17 days is cool with me. :)

Just wanted to write up a quick update on everything. Because Wednesday is July 4th, I figured it'd be a bad idea to try and do a CAG night that night, so we'll be skipping Wednesday. I'd love to set up a Lost Planet night, but right now it might be just me DT at this point. If a couple more people express interest, we'll do that, otherwise maybe another Gears night on the 11th?

As far as this:

[quote name='Slate']I still think that a saint's row night would be cool. We could play a custom match.[/quote]

I don't have the game, but there has been some interest renewed in the game in the Saints Row thread. My advice would be to start there and see if you and the other people with the game can organize a game night. I'll be glad to publicize it here.

Thread: http://www.cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108773

[quote name='nyprimus4']edit: who are the main rainbow six vegas players on cag that i should add to my friends list?[/quote]

Check out this thread: http://www.cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141255 as most of the main R6 players have posted at one time or another in that thread expressing desire to attend a game night.

Just a reminder to all. Tuesday is Chromehounds night, though it might be a little thin being the day before July 4 tonight and Thursday is Rainbow Six night, which has gotten a great turn out over the past couple weeks.

Finally, if there is enough interest, I think we need to set up a Catan night. If a few people think it's a good idea, I'll start up a fresh thread for it and we can hammer out details. That goes for any other game as well, if there are enough people interested, let's get it done. Gaming with a CAG, I've found, is way better than submitting yourself to the masses on XBL, so why not use this as a resource to have more fun playing games we spend our money on?

I'll update the list when I get home from work tonight with the additions we've had since the last update.

Hey Dave, I'm thinking with the way things are going, we may want to just set up a game or theme for each night of the week, and if they need to be changed, so be it. We can probably look at the most popular games that aren't already set nights like Gears of War, Halo 2, Forza, sports games, etc. We could even set an oddball night to where people can play the Burger King games and other Live games that don't have a huge following. I just think getting days set for all the big games and then setting a sports day and an oddball game day or things like those would help organize things more and we can more or less put people into those categories and have the big list of gamertags below it.

I wouldn't mind playing some Lost Planet. I've actually never played the multiplayer aspect of the game. Just let me know what time. I'm Pacific Standard time, so let me know when you are planning to start.

Best way i can see it is as stated above, somthing like this:

Sunday - Sports Night! Football, Basketball
Monday - Forza? Car racing night
Tuesday - On this day we can do whatever BIG game is released that week
Wednesday - Gears of War
Thursday - Rainbow 6 Vegas
Friday - Halo 2? lost planet? ShadowRun?
Saturday - Vote for one

Dave I would be very interested in Lost Planet. I have never played the game online and really enjoyed the single player. If you can get enough people count me in!

How about F.E.A.R.? I just picked it up and its great. I am loving the campaign right now. not sure how online play is but going to try it after I beat it tonight!

[quote name='NorthX08']Best way i can see it is as stated above, somthing like this:

Sunday - Sports Night! Football, Basketball
Monday - Forza? Car racing night
Tuesday - On this day we can do whatever BIG game is released that week
Wednesday - Gears of War
Thursday - Rainbow 6 Vegas
Friday - Halo 2? lost planet? ShadowRun?
Saturday - Vote for one[/QUOTE]

Exactly, something like this would be great and would keep us from having to set up new dates for game nights. I would think this is how I'd set it up (going with your idea and putting in ones that are set in stone already):

Sunday: Sports/Racing Night
Monday: Come up with something here, drawing a blank lol
Tuesday: Chromehounds (Hound Tuesday is already set)
Wednesday: Gears of War (Seemed to work out great the one Wed we had it)
Thursday: Rainbow Six Vegas (Set up already)
Friday: Halo 2
Saturday: Oddball night, Vote a week in advance or something like that

How's that sound as a starter to getting things organized? Thanks North for getting a listed way started for me.

Gomer's List looks like gold. I also like the idea about going old school/odd ball. I'd love to play some Crimson Skies or Phantom Dust.

Monday night could be fighting night. DOA and Third Strike would be pretty cool.

Don't forget Conker or Star Wars BF2.

edit: super improved schedule

Monday: Racing/Sports Night (Forza/PGR3/Dirt/TDU/etc) (Madden,NBA,Top Spin,etc)

Tuesday: Chromehounds

Wednesday: Gears of War

Thursday: Rainbow Six Vegas

Saturday: Oddball games (XBLA games/any other online games not mentioned)

Sunday: Old school BC Night(Conker,Crimson,Star Wars BF2,etc)

[quote name='depascal22']Gomer's List looks like gold. I also like the idea about going old school/odd ball. I'd love to play some Crimson Skies or Phantom Dust.

Monday night could be fighting night. DOA and Third Strike would be pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

You know, I like the sound of the Old School XBOX night. Why not make that Fridays and include Halo 2 into it. I'm thinking if we go this route and make set days, we could have seperate threads for each one, link to them from here and get them stickied so they don't get lost. We can keep this thread going for the mass list and have the other threads with specific games for those days. Hows that sound to everyone?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Don't forget Conker or Star Wars BF2.

edit: super improved schedule

Monday: Racing night (Forza/PGR3/TDU/etc)
Tuesday: Chromhounds
Saturday: Sports night(Madden,NBA,Top Spin,etc)
Sunday: Old school BC Night(Conker,Crimson,Star Wars BF2,etc)[/QUOTE]

I'd go with this with the exception of having some sort of open night for the oddball games that alot of CAGs may have. Also, I think Sports night and Racing night can be rolled into one, especially since the sports games can only be 1 on 1 as opposed to the rest of the games so that night can be a little more open.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Don't forget Conker or Star Wars BF2.
.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, I just picked up Star Wars Battlefront II for the Xbox the other day and actually played the campaign last night. That is the only game I ever played online last gen (had it for PS2, didn't have an Xbox). I'm not sure how games are set up with that (in terms of friends lists and all - I always just joined whatever game I could), but I'd be up for that one for sure...

better update?

this one of those times I pray that in the next update their is a universal clan system on Xbox 360 amongst all games. maybe not for games up until now but from Halo 3 on its a standard.

If you lump Halo 2 with other games, no one will play the other games. Halo 2 is way too popular to put with anything else. You can combine the Sports Night with a Fighting night. That way you can thrown down on Fight Night, NBA 2K7, and DOA.

[quote name='depascal22']If you lump Halo 2 with other games, no one will play the other games. Halo 2 is way too popular to put with anything else. You can combine the Sports Night with a Fighting night. That way you can thrown down on Fight Night, NBA 2K7, and DOA.[/QUOTE]

That is true, maybe with Sports/Fighting/Racing in the same night, the extra night can be the Old School night. Something like this:

Sunday: Sports/Racing/Fighting
Monday: Old School XBOX
Saturday: Oddball

Lemme know if I missed anything, and of course this is always up to discussion.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']That is true, maybe with Sports/Fighting/Racing in the same night, the extra night can be the Old School night. Something like this:

Sunday: Sports/Racing/Fighting
Monday: Old School XBOX
Saturday: Oddball

Lemme know if I missed anything, and of course this is always up to discussion.[/quote]

This list looks good to me. Too bad I don't have Chromehounds or Rainbow Six but I'll get over it.

Monday: Racing/Sports Night (Forza/PGR3/Dirt/TDU/etc) (Madden,NBA,Top Spin,etc)

Saturday: Oddball games (XBLA games/any other online games not mentioned)

Sunday: Old school BC Night(Conker,Crimson,Star Wars BF2,etc)

Fighting games can be played on the oddball night, there aren't enough 360 fighters to warrant it its own night. We can keep this schedule going for a long time, Halo 3 can share Friday with Halo 2, games like Vegas, Chromehounds and Gears can be swapped for other games like GTA IV, Orange Box, etc.

please add forza and GHII tp my list thanks. also XBLA games that are on my gt.
Anyone looking to race? best time for me would be Mon, Tue and Wed nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back