CAG Xbox Live Gaming Community (New thread up, please close this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my 360 Saturday, so my gamertag is: ExploCheese

I currently have Splinter Cell: Double Agent and will soon be getting Lost Planet and Table Tennis.

Must...dig out...from pile....of updates.

We have a revamped version of the OP to install thanks to CokeCola once again, so I'll try and get that done tonight before XBLA Tuesday kicks off.

Quick question about XBLA tuesdays, is each person going to pick a different game and invite people or is everyone going to settle on one game?

I think we all have so many different games it would be tough to focus on just one. I think maybe once i go through all of those responses, we can certainly narrow it down to some common ones.

Hate to double post, but the list has been updated to this point. The formatting has also been fixed and I'll have to wait for comments on whether it's still screwed up on some resolutions. Let me know and it's a relatively easy fix.

Don't forget about XBLA Tuesday tonight either.

[quote name='GuitarHero SG']Add Bomberman Live! to my live games. Put it first. =]

We need a night just for BOMBERMAN!![/quote]

XBLA Tuesday, pencil it in.

Can you add me please, thanks

the Woodmeister / benjamouth / R6:Vegas, Lost Planet, PGR 3, FEAR, Bomberman Live, GRAW 1 or 2, BF2, Burnout, Aegis Wing, Gears of War, UNO, TMNT, Texas Hold Em.

List is updated to this point. I had to take out the Forza column temporarily because we're over the character limit for the post. I'll see what we can do about that.

Edit: I take that back, it's still too long. I'll mess with it after Gears of War Wednesday.

Well it's over for me. I don't think i'll ever play another cag game again.. It started out fine.. But later on the other team started talking about junk (Not drugs) And they wouldn't start the game and I left since I've heard enough about sucking garbage.

I thought that these games would be respectable and we wouldn't have people talking about garbage like that! :bomb:

CAG Name: Crzyboy88
XBL Tag: UnawearCixelsyd
Up for: Gears, Halo 2, GRAW 1, Aegis Wing, Frogger, Saints Row, Crackdown.

I'm also considering purchasing Bomberman Live. If I'm able to cash in on the CC deal, then I'll do it.

CAG Name: SoNiC1023
XBL Tag: ChiefLongWood
Will play: Madden 07, Ncaa 07, NBA Street Homecourt, Worms, Bomberman live, Alot more just ask.

CAG Name: JohnnyFoxDarko
XBL Tag: TMNJohnny
Games: Gears of War, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Halo 3 when it comes out.
Arcade games: Bomberman live, TMNT, Uno, Aegis Wing.

Add me if you play most of those games.

Gamertag/CAG tag Frankysox
Games: Graw 2, RS Vegas, NCAA 08, Madden 08, Crackdown, TMNT Arcade, Forza 2, Gears, Aegis Wing, UNO, MLB 2K7, Hold Em

I'll play any of these, please add if you play!

[quote name='Slate']Well it's over for me. I don't think i'll ever play another cag game again.. It started out fine.. But later on the other team started talking about junk (Not drugs) And they wouldn't start the game and I left since I've heard enough about sucking garbage.

I thought that these games would be respectable and we wouldn't have people talking about garbage like that! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You'll be missed like Steveallen.

[quote name='Slate']Well it's over for me. I don't think i'll ever play another cag game again.. It started out fine.. But later on the other team started talking about junk (Not drugs) And they wouldn't start the game and I left since I've heard enough about sucking garbage.

I thought that these games would be respectable and we wouldn't have people talking about garbage like that! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Oh, BTW, I looked at your profile and saw that your wii is coming in August. Oh ho ho, it takes you that long to ejacattack? Tragic.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'll do a round of updates once we get this spreadsheet business under control for the OP. I'm butting up against the character limit for the OP, otherwise I would have just posted everything now. For the time being and so I don't have to copy this down somewhere else, here is the schedule I would have put in the OP:

We started off doing a handful of game night events and now it's evolved into a nightly schedule to focus on a particular genre or game to see if we can't get some CAG matches going. This schedule is bound to have nights that are packed and nights that are sparse, but at least we'll all have a target to look towards.

Each night will have a separate thread to take care of logistics, and in some cases picking what game to play. If you're interested, please follow the links to the threads with further information. It's been great so far, so let's keep it going.

CAG Xbox Live Gaming Group Schedule:

Sunday
Racing Night (Forza 2, PGR3, TDU, etc.)

Monday
Sports Night

Tuesday
XBLA Night/Chromehounds
XBLA Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144507
Chromehounds Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95656

Wednesday
Gears of War
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144153

Thursday
Rainbow Six: Vegas
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141255

Friday
Halo 2/Halo 3/Other FPS Night
(For those without Halo 2 or 3, this can be a good night to get a game of FEAR or Lost Planet or whatever going. Plan these out in the thread specifically.)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144449

Saturday
Rotational Day
(To be debated in the thread itself, could be the hot new game or an old favorite people are up for.)

We're building a community here, people, get on board. Additionally, original Xbox backwards compatible games are definitely in play for any of these nights, so bring those up specifically in the threads for each night if you're interested.[/quote]
I would really suggest adding the above to the OP. To save space you can add spoiler tags:

Sunday
Racing Night (Forza 2, PGR3, TDU, etc.)

Monday
Sports Night

Tuesday
XBLA Night/Chromehounds
XBLA Thread:

Wednesday
Gears of War

...Also I took the liberty of editing the title of the OP to help eliminate the "I need friends..." threads that keep poping up.

Space is not the problem. The number of characters used in the post is the problem. There isn't room for the list even at this point, so I have to scale back the features in the list to even get it to fit, let alone adding in the schedule.

Also, if you're modding things, can you delete the first four replies so that I can have the second post to mess with? Would be a good place for a stand alone schedule.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Space is not the problem. The number of characters used in the post is the problem. There isn't room for the list even at this point, so I have to scale back the features in the list to even get it to fit, let alone adding in the schedule.

Also, if you're modding things, can you delete the first four replies so that I can have the second post to mess with? Would be a good place for a stand alone schedule.[/quote]

I didn't know that there was a limit. I've had massive info on some OPS for instance the Gears of War thread was huge...Anyway...I cleared some posts so you have the 2nd post to do whatever you need. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you.

Sweet. Now we can implement the complicated version. ;)

:360::arrow: ananag12 ____________ ananag112 ________________
TinyHalo.jpg
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
Gears of War, Crackdown, NBA 2K7, Halo 3 Beta, Uno, Aegis Wing

:360::arrow: AttackingMVP ________ mvp828 ___________________
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
GRAW 1 & 2, R6: Vegas, Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R, Gears

:360::arrow: AU Angelus __________ hxhawkeye ________________
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Crackdown, Perfect Dark Zero, lots of XBLA games

[quote name='CokeCola']Sweet. Now we can implement the complicated version. ;)

:360::arrow: ananag12 ____________ ananag112 ________________
TinyHalo.jpg
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
Gears of War, Crackdown, NBA 2K7, Halo 3 Beta, Uno, Aegis Wing

:360::arrow: AttackingMVP ________ mvp828 ___________________
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
GRAW 1 & 2, R6: Vegas, Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R, Gears

:360::arrow: AU Angelus __________ hxhawkeye ________________
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
TinyBlank.gif
Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Crackdown, Perfect Dark Zero, lots of XBLA games
[/quote]

Oooh that's sexy!

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'm not even entirely sure that the complicated version will fit in a post all to itself. So, we'll see. It sure would be sexy though.[/QUOTE]
Heh. Damn right. The last version of that one I have clocks in at 95,000 characters, and it only has 107 names. Now if Cheapy would implement those pictures as smilies...

Im already on the list but there arent any games in my games played part. So if you could put me down for Halo 2/3 and Forza 2(I won it on that "twisted" drink contest, not sure if it will get here on not but go ahead and put me down for that aswell).

Also, for your list, you could go ahead and delete the next two posts in the thread. That way you could have the first two posts for the list (If you implement the one with pics, or if it gets too long), then the 3rd post for the other stuff.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Damn, 95,000. For anyone reading this that wants to help us, the limit is 80,000. :)[/quote]
I would suggest taking a screen print of some of the wording, and use an image of the text instead of actual text and that will free up some chars. to use.

Use tinyurl.com to shrink long urls, that clears up chars. as well.

EDIT: You got the 3rd post as well now Dave.

Sorry to everyone that I deleted posts from...its for the benefit of this thread/community :D

Not sure what you guys think, but with the list of quick games (Gears, Forza, R6, etc) do they really need to be listed again after?

I know I have a lot of games listed as it's longer than one line for me, but it's not really necessary for my R6, Forza and Gears to be listed again IMO.

I'd like to be added. My most played games:

Gears of War
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Forza 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Command and Conquer 3
Call of Duty 2
Overlord
Fight Night Round 3
Carcassonne
Worms
Bomberman Live
Band of Bugs
Aegis Wing
Spyglass Board Games

i'd like to be added, i play halo 2 and burnout revenge, i got an xbox 360 last month so it'd be nice to start having some friends to play with online >.> add me! im friendly =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back