CAG16 not working at Gamestop

dafoomie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Whats the deal? It says 16% off but it doesn't do anything. Hasn't for probably about a week now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try taking whatever you have in the cart out and then re-adding it. If that fails, then try deleting the code, then re-adding. If THAT fails, then just try hitting F5 to reload the page.

I'm not stupid, I haven't been able to get it to work in a while, don't think anyone has. When you checkout it says:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games.

Says so for any game I try to check out with. I tried multiple games at once and high dollar amounts, same result.

I didn't say you were stupid. I figured those would be the things to try. No need to be rude about it.

Moreover, if it hasn't worked for a while, then what makes anyone think it will now?

Didn't mean to be rude but its not a problem on my end, its something everyone has experienced recently.

Why wouldn't I expect it to work? The site says its still valid and they've had 15% off for years.

I've been using the CAG16 discount at Gamestop.com for the past year and have found some great deals. I just tried using it, but it didn't work.

Just wanted to give a heads up. I would love it, if it came back though. Using it with SAVER and EDGE plus the online discount is gravy.

[quote name='thexfactor9']I've been using the CAG16 discount at Gamestop.com for the past year and have found some great deals. I just tried using it, but it didn't work.

Just wanted to give a heads up. I would love it, if it came back though. Using it with SAVER and EDGE plus the online discount is gravy.[/QUOTE]
DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

You're doing it wrong.

I'm sure they had an advertising deal with Cheapy that just hasn't been renewed yet.

I don't pay much attention to the ads, but I don't recall seeing any Gamestop ads as of late when I have looked. Mostly Capital One.

body_snatchers.jpg

Furthermore, this really seems like a question you'd want to ask, you know, Gamestop. Because they can tell you conclusively whether they ended the promo or it's just broken. But that's only because that would be downright logical.

[quote name='Survivalism']Furthermore, this really seems like a question you'd want to ask, you know, Gamestop. Because they can tell you conclusively whether they ended the promo or it's just broken. But that's only because that would be downright logical.[/QUOTE]

His logic isn't completely invalid when you consider CAG16 was a deal set between CheapyD and Gamestop. One of those two own and run this website, Cheap Ass Gamer, which incidentally can be shorten down to the acronym CAG, hence the letters C, A and G in CAG16.

All in all, this board wasn't the correct part of the forum to inquire about it, but this website is a rather valid place to ask, in addition to obviously Gamestop as well.

:)

bread's done
Back