CAGCAA - NCAA 09 Dynasty - 2009 Season - Week 19 Week Deadline: 6/7

[quote name='DJSteel']this is ridiculous...play out the damn season...[/QUOTE]

No one who has left the league so far (RawIsJericho notwithstanding) has done so by choice. I, along with the other guy, had screwed up copies of the game, and after numerous frustrating problems, I felt no desire to get mine replaced.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Why are you getting rid of it?[/quote]

I've had the freezing up issue (not as bad as Matt's) along with a lot of other problems with the game. That is what I was talking about in this post. I've had arrangements to send my game back to EA since the day I made that post.

[quote name='slickkill77']....looks like this will fail just like most other cag leagues[/quote]
Is everybody quitting and I don't know about it? I don't think it's time to panic just yet.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']An update: We're down two players to freeze/DRE issues, so we're in need of replacements. Because GSP quit, we're now just waiting on Franky to play his game against the CPU version of GSP's team. You have until tomorrow to get that done, Franky, so get to it.

For future reference: If you're going to quit, you can retire yourself without having to rely on my to delete you from the dynasty, which goes into effect the following week.

Otherwise, we're going to continue on as normal while I get replacement teams into the dynasty.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll have it done tonight...

West Virginia is trash on D. I won 84-17 WV only got their two tds on Kickoff Returns. Knowshon will still remain a top the Heisman board with his 350 yards rushing and 5 or six TDs.

FriskyTanuki

I'll be Pittsburgh in your online dynasty.

If Pitt is taken, I'd like Rutgers as a 2nd choice.

My gamertag is BennyDC

[quote name='bennydc']FriskyTanuki

I'll be Pittsburgh in your online dynasty.

If Pitt is taken, I'd like Rutgers as a 2nd choice.

My gamertag is BennyDC[/quote]

Frisky,

BennyDC is a good friend of mine, I'll vouch for him for whatever thats worth...

Thanks!

Week 4 recap:

This is the first week of the Media polls and a shocker has occured, as the media have voted Ohio State as the #1 team in the country while the Coaches poll still has Georgia in first place. Back in the main coaches poll, the top ten has been a much more stable place with everybody that had a game managed to come away with a win. After that, a few key losses occured with #11 West Virginia dropping to #16 after losing badly to Georgia as Illinois and Michigan managed to jump up to the #14 and #15 spots to enhance the Big Ten presence in the top part of the list. Florida State managed a jump, as well, to the #18 spot with the loss of Virginia Tech and Wake Forest, the latter of which dropped out of the Top 25 altogether. Auburn managed to not fall past the #20 spot after losing to LSU.

The big news of this week's Heisman watch is the emergence of Graham Harrell, the Texas Tech QB that had 445 yards passing and 4 TDs, which was enough to knock Chris Wells off the list completely. Everything has stayed the same, though the workhorse known as Knowshon Moreno can't seem to slow down at all so far.

Georgia's Knowshon Moreno is the big winner of the Coke Zero National Offensive Player of the Week award, as well as the SEC Offensive Player of the Week award. Florida State's Preston Parker took home the ACC Offensive Player of the Week award. Florida's Carlos Dunlap won the SEC Defensive Player of the Week award.

This week marks the universal beginning of the conference season for most every team in the country and it marks the chance for teams that were beaten up during their non-conference schedules to get some momentum and make bids for bowl games by the end of the season. The biggest game of the week has to be #8 Penn State taking on #14 Illinois in a big Big Ten matchup. Another big game appears in the SEC with Georgia defending their home turf against #21 Alabama.

Here's this week's schedule:

North Carolina at Miami (Ace!)
South Florida (moonknight25) at NC State
Minnesota at Ohio State (FriskyTanuki)
Illinois at Penn State (Dandeschain)
Ole Miss at Florida (RawisJericho)
Maryland at Clemson (Johnacon)
Michigan State (XXXplosive1) at Indiana
Pittsburgh (bennydc) at Syracuse
Alabama at Georgia (FrankySox)
Mississippi State at LSU (DJSteel)
Colorado at Florida State (slickkill7)
Tennessee (pitfallharry219) at Auburn

Got my game in, Knowshon had a sub par day as well as my offense. Moreno broke the school record for most TD's in a season (20) LOL. My team hasn't given up an offensive touchdown in two games now, shutting down both West Virginia's high octane offense and Julio Jones of Alabama.

I won 45-7, bring on the bye week, then I think it's Pitfall(Tennessee)!

[quote name='FrankySox']Got my game in, Knowshon had a sub par day as well as my offense. Moreno broke the school record for most TD's in a season (20) LOL. My team hasn't given up an offensive touchdown in two games now, shutting down both West Virginia's high octane offense and Julio Jones of Alabama.

I won 45-7, bring on the bye week, then I think it's Pitfall(Tennessee)![/QUOTE]

Looks like we wont have to worry about Moreno next year :)

Got my game in...Canes still upset about OSU's comeback win...Coach Shannon has them practicing 12 hours a day!!! But it doesnt seem to be helping!

[quote name='Ace!']Looks like we wont have to worry about Moreno next year :)

[/QUOTE]

Um, I don't think so buddy! I can atleast talk him into staying another year. I've already had a sit down with his parents and they think it's best he gets his degree.

Frisky,

Can you resend my invite. I just checked and there were no invites. My gamertag is BennyDC, not sure if the capital letters matter or not.

Thanks.

Not sure why it wouldn't show up. Looking at the gamertag I sent it to, it matches the one you have in your profile. Deleted and resent another invite, so see if that works now.

Benny welcome to the Big East dude! Pitt is undefeated heading to play me in tampa next week! Should be a classic!

Btw, NC State has no defense.....Grothe had 8 total TDS!

Thanks for the write up Frisky. Thats my favorite part of the dynasty.

I don't know what the problem is, but I logged on to XBOX Live as BennyDC and he has no pending invites even though he is clearly in the dynasty. I told him to call the EASports customer service number on the back of the NCAA instruction manual and talk to them about it. Hopefully he will get that done today and they can figure it out...does anyone else know a work-around to accept the invite?

[quote name='moonknight25']Benny welcome to the Big East dude! Pitt is undefeated heading to play me in tampa next week! Should be a classic!

Btw, NC State has no defense.....Grothe had 8 total TDS![/quote]

not in real life.. watch out for Shady!!

Hey Frisky,

I have no idea what the problem is and why I'm not getting the invite that you sent, but I'm going to try to use my brother's gamertag and see if that works. Could you please resend my invite to ImTheBestPirate. Hopefully this works and I can get my game in.

Thanks a lot.

Any body else get a screen freeze when you try to save a highlight during the game? My game froze in the "uplad successful" screen during the 4th quarter and I had to play my game all over again.

I haven't had that problem. I did have a game freeze up in another online dynasty while playing another user. When I quit, his game unfroze and he was able to finish. Huh.

Hey Frisky, have you had any luck changing BennyDC's gamertag on the dynasty?

The only freezing issues I've had with the online dynasty usually occurs when I try to exit the Add/Delete Coaches screen. :whistle2:(

I deleted Benny from the roster earlier today and added the replacement gamertag he posted earlier this week, so give that a shot Benny and let me know if it doesn't work.

Frisky,

I was finally able to get the invite and get my game in. I don't know why it wasn't working with my gamertag. Anyways, Pitt started out slowly but by the 2nd quarter the Cuse couldn't keep up with me. I'm ready to advance the week.

Week 5 recap:

It was a fairly uneventful week for upsets, as the Top 25 only saw the losses of #4 Wisconsin, #14 Illinois, and #20 and #21 Auburn and Alabama, the latter two dropped out of the Top 25 completely. New to the Top 25 this week are Boise State and Wake Forest. Watchful eyes will notice that Tennessee is on the edge of returning to the Top 25 at the #30 spot while Pittsburgh is close behind them at the #31 spot.

The Heisman Watch saw its biggest shakeup of the year so far, with only two of the previous candidates still remaining in the top five. Knowshon Moreno remains in the #1 spot while Noel Devine moved up to the #3 spot after a good game against Marshall. The new guys are in the #2 spot, with Keiland Williams of LSU, and #4 spot, Preston Parker of Florida State. Returning to the Heisman Watch is Chris Wells of The Ohio State University, bringing up the rear at the #5 spot.

The Coke Zero National Players of the Week are Matt Grothe, South Florida's QB, and Carlos Dunlap, Florida's LE. The ACC Players of the Week see Florida State's Christian Ponder take the offensive award while Miami's Randy Phillips was king of the defense this week. Matt Grothe was the default winner of the Offensive Player of the Week for the Big East while Pitt's Jovani Chappel took home defensive honors. Florida swept the SEC Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week awards with Carlos Dunlap taking the defensive award by default while Tim Tebow put on a good enough show to earn the other award.

As far as this week's schedules are concerned, this week is once again full of conference games. The Big East sees the clash of its two up-and-coming teams, Pitt and South Florida, early on this season. The ACC sees a similarly big match-up with rivals Miami and Florida State getting it on to see who's got a good shot at the ACC title this year. Two big ranked match-ups will take place in the Big Ten, with Penn State traveling to Purdue and Ohio State looking to knock Wisconsin further down the rankings. Here's this week's set of match-ups:

Pittsburgh (bennydc) at South Florida (moonknight25)
Penn State (Dandeschain) at Purdue
Northern Illinois at Tennessee (pitfallharry219)
Iowa at Michigan State (XXXplosive1)
Florida (RawisJericho) at Arkansas
Florida State (slickkill7) at Miami (Ace!)
Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at Wisconsin

Byes: Clemson (Johnacon), Georgia (FrankySox), LSU (DJSteel)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Week 5 recap:

It was a fairly uneventful week for upsets, as the Top 25 only saw the losses of #4 Wisconsin, #14 Illinois, and #20 and #21 Auburn and Alabama, the latter two dropped out of the Top 25 completely. New to the Top 25 this week are Boise State and Wake Forest. Watchful eyes will notice that Tennessee is on the edge of returning to the Top 25 at the #30 spot while Pittsburgh is close behind them at the #31 spot.

The Heisman Watch saw its biggest shakeup of the year so far, with only two of the previous candidates still remaining in the top five. Knowshon Moreno remains in the #1 spot while Noel Devine moved up to the #3 spot after a good game against Marshall. The new guys are in the #2 spot, with Keiland Williams of LSU, and #4 spot, Preston Parker of Florida State. Returning to the Heisman Watch is Chris Wells of The Ohio State University, bringing up the rear at the #5 spot.

The Coke Zero National Players of the Week are Matt Grothe, South Florida's QB, and Carlos Dunlap, Florida's LE. The ACC Players of the Week see Florida State's Christian Ponder take the offensive award while Miami's Randy Phillips was king of the defense this week. Matt Grothe was the default winner of the Offensive Player of the Week for the Big East while Pitt's Jovani Chappel took home defensive honors. Florida swept the SEC Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week awards with Carlos Dunlap taking the defensive award by default while Tim Tebow put on a good enough show to earn the other award.

As far as this week's schedules are concerned, this week is once again full of conference games. The Big East sees the clash of its two up-and-coming teams, Pitt and South Florida, early on this season. The ACC sees a similarly big match-up with rivals Miami and Florida State getting it on to see who's got a good shot at the ACC title this year. Two big ranked match-ups will take place in the Big Ten, with Penn State traveling to Purdue and Ohio State looking to knock Wisconsin further down the rankings. Here's this week's set of match-ups:

Pittsburgh (bennydc) at South Florida (moonknight25)
Penn State (Dandeschain) at Purdue
Northern Illinois at Tennessee (pitfallharry219)
Iowa at Michigan State (XXXplosive1)
Florida (RawisJericho) at Arkansas
Florida State (slickkill7) at Miami (Ace!)
Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at Wisconsin

Byes: Clemson (Johnacon), Georgia (FrankySox), LSU (DJSteel)[/quote]

Benny I can play you anytime today, so just send me an invite when you pop on xbox live!

[quote name='Ace!']dont know if I want to continue this...

This guy I am playing...well...I wont say much...just will talk to the commish[/QUOTE]

?

On another note I hate bye weeks, looks like I'm hitting the road hard this week to recruit.

[quote name='FrankySox']?

On another note I hate bye weeks, looks like I'm hitting the road hard this week to recruit.[/QUOTE]

have you ever played this cheeser?

I dont think this is going to be the league for me...went ahead and quit on the game because he wants to score another TD...with 10 secs left...and he is up 35-30...I play a legit football game...and to have a cheeser want to show me up...It wont happen.

So Frisky, we need to talk about this and see whats going to go on...Just go ahead and sim this game, b/c I will never play against a guy that does all the crap he does.

[quote name='Ace!']I dont think this is going to be the league for me...went ahead and quit on the game because he wants to score another TD...with 10 secs left...and he is up 35-30...I play a legit football game...and to have a cheeser want to show me up...It wont happen.

So Frisky, we need to talk about this and see whats going to go on...Just go ahead and sim this game, b/c I will never play against a guy that does all the crap he does.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from, but personally, I'd rather have the opponent go for it in that situation instead of taking a knee or whatever. Pick six, I win. Forced fumble, run it back- I win.

[quote name='Ace!']I dont think this is going to be the league for me...went ahead and quit on the game because he wants to score another TD...with 10 secs left...and he is up 35-30...I play a legit football game...and to have a cheeser want to show me up...It wont happen.

So Frisky, we need to talk about this and see whats going to go on...Just go ahead and sim this game, b/c I will never play against a guy that does all the crap he does.[/QUOTE]

LOL? This sounds strange, and this league seemed to be going so well. I'd like to hear what this skillkill dude was doing, but maybe he was trying to score again to give you a chance to pick it off or something. Would you rather him just kneel the ball down? I don't know I'm not taking sides I'd just like to hear what happened.

[quote name='Matt Young']I understand where you're coming from, but personally, I'd rather have the opponent go for it in that situation instead of taking a knee or whatever. Pick six, I win. Forced fumble, run it back- I win.[/QUOTE]

Wierd, we posted the same thing... you are mind fucking me bitch ! Clean out your inbox man

Cheesing because I ran a running play up the middle the last 4 plays? What crap? We both tried the same things. I got lucky occasionally. If your going to complain then don't run a go rout and launch it downfield 5 times a game. I couldnt stop that no matter what angle I took when I tried swatting the ball. And lets not forgett handing off to the rb, me having four guys around him and you just running around the end and out running them. Exploiting the slow LB's bug?

Please explain this cheese I used? Throwing to the rb? You did it too. Rolling out? You controlled the d linemen what was I suppose to do. Oh how about the run up the middle with the fullback that you did when it was 3rd and 3 or less and again I knew it was coming but I couldnt stop it no matter what.

Yea I got greedy with that last TD but I didnt "cheese"

DjSteel didnt have any problems with me

[quote name='FrankySox']LOL? This sounds strange, and this league seemed to be going so well. I'd like to hear what this skillkill dude was doing, but maybe he was trying to score again to give you a chance to pick it off or something. Would you rather him just kneel the ball down? I don't know I'm not taking sides I'd just like to hear what happened.[/QUOTE]

this was just the icing on the cake...I dont mind losing...I am not the greatest player of all time...but with the clock still running, I have no timeouts. He is up by 5 already...so I am just letting it ride...and he just keeps running...wont be any pick six when there is a run...and I have only fumbled once ever in this game...so I know thats almost impossible.

I would rather talk to Frisky before I say anything else. Because the stuff he does, might be stuff other people do in the league. I got into the league for a realistic simulation of a game...and my other leagues run that way. I dont want to tell everything he does, unless he would like me to or if Frisky wants me to.

Anyway. If we meet in the ACC Championship, I will not play that game either...so sim away

[quote name='slickkill77']Cheesing because I ran a running play up the middle the last 4 plays? What crap? We both tried the same things. I got lucky occasionally. If your going to complain then don't run a go rout and launch it downfield 5 times a game. I couldnt stop that no matter what angle I took when I tried swatting the ball. And lets not forgett handing off to the rb, me having four guys around him and you just running around the end and out running them. Exploiting the slow LB's bug?

Please explain this cheese I used? Throwing to the rb? You did it too. Rolling out? You controlled the d linemen what was I suppose to do. Oh how about the run up the middle with the fullback that you did when it was 3rd and 3 or less and again I knew it was coming but I couldnt stop it no matter what.

Yea I got greedy with that last TD but I didnt "cheese"

DjSteel didnt have any problems with me[/QUOTE]

OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!! Too bad they don't have spectator mode in Fight Night or I'd send you both a copy and watch you GET IT ON.... Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets get readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to RUMBLE~

Ok, so a "sim" game to you is throwing an unstoppable deep ball when you have a third down? I never once threw a go route and I have Gregg Carr(6'6 220+) so theres one against you. The preston parker pass was merely luck. I didnt honestly think if I rolled out and threw it to him on the run that he would catch it. I have no idea what you are talking about. Please I'd like to know what I did? Are you blaming the lag on me too?

Also on that third down late in the game when I ran it(about 1 minute left) I thought you stopped me short. I was just going to kick a fg but apparently the game gave me a first down. I thought it was a good game. We both had moments where we should have picked the ball but our guys dropped it.

In fact the only "cheating" I know of is throwing a deep ball and controlling the WR(basically impossible). You didnt control the WR, but you threw deep balls

[quote name='FrankySox']Wierd, we posted the same thing... you are mind fucking me bitch ! Clean out your inbox man[/QUOTE]

I already did after reading your Live message on Xbox.com. You could always call, too, if you really need to get a hold of me.

Ok he wants me to tell what he did.

1.) Rollout - Like you mentioned - 90% of the time. Even throwing way across the field to exploit the weak deep zone in NCAA. I dont mind rollouts - but not 90% of the time

2.) Manually controlling your defenders before the play - How realistic is this? NCAA put in to make them move on their own. And to move 3 seperate guys to stuff the middle...seems very realistic to me

3.) 4th Downs - You went for 3 or 4 4th downs - 2 I might can understand because you were about on the 40 on my side. But the other two...4th and 9 on your own 30 - I was wondering why there is a punter. I went for it twice - Guess what I was on your side of the 50 and it wasnt 4th and 9. 4th and 2 and 4th and 1.

4.) Blitzing - Almost every play atleast 1 if not 2 LBs were coming in. I know blitzes happen, but not every play. To top that off, you already shifted 3 players to the middle. So press coverage the outsidw WRs and bring 8 players...Seems realistic too.

5.) Formations - You ran 4 Wide 80% of the time and 3 Wide the other time...and did nothing but crossing patterns. Not as upset about this, because you were just taking advantage of my crappy LBs.

So lets see what you said about me and I will respond.

The reason I ran a streak was because you had control of that safety each time I did it...and you were only blitzing. Maybe I shouldnt try to throw it to a guy with one on one coverage and run it up the middle with 9 guys there. Even though I ran the ball quite well.

I had to bounce it to the outside sometime - Goes back to your manual movements and blitzes. So explain to everyone how many runs I broke on the outside - One - Thats right for about 25 yards.

I dont mind people who throw to the RB - thats fine with me...I like my RB too.

Run up the middle with the FB when I am trying to get 2 or 3 yards - Seems kinda cheesey

Yea you did get greedy with the last TD - not sure why? Maybe because it was hard to run on me when I was actually running my defense - apparently at the end, you could beat Corso's defense easily. Why would I want to try to stop a run, when the game is over? Thought this was supposed to be realistic - I am sure Bowdon would love to run up the score.

DJSteel might not have had problems - I cant speak for him...I am only one person.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to address.

bread's done
Back