CAGcast #128: E3 Three-way

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Cheapy never explained how I get my gamestop card.... do I message him my info??[/quote]

Nah, message him my info.

After that steve toledo guy brushed you off, I would have thrown the muffins at him. He reminds me of that wierd kid in the playground, we used to bother.

"For $5 I'm pretty much down for anything." I bet you are Cheapy...I.Bet.You.Are...

Fandangulous show guys

Wombat, congrats on the new baby. I've been listening for about 9 months and I feel like I was with you two the whole way despite being informed late into our pregnancy that we were eating for 2.
I would like to say that I am 100% behind Wombat. It really was mentioned that his wife was Columbian in an earlier CAGcast. As a Mexican-American, I was very surprised and delighted to know that Latinos were further diluting the white race. Just kidding, kinda. Hey, I'm writing this with a mixed-heritage white girl asleep next to me. We should all try and make this one big, mixed world, right CheapyD and Wombat?

Cheapy and Shipwreck where good. Wombat overall brought the show down. Nothing like using the line "Hey guys, I need to wrap it up, I just got yelled at" to bring the show to a screeching halt. How lame are you if you can not dedicate a few hours to your friends Cheapy and (affirmative action ginger kid friend) Shipwreck? I know you just had a baby, but what a buzz kill you can be. Does Cheapy need to call and schedule an apointment with your wife so he can play with you on X-Box Live? How can you even be whipped when you do not even have access for at least another 4 weeks?

[quote name='Davestation']Cheapy and Shipwreck where good. Wombat overall brought the show down. Nothing like using the line "Hey guys, I need to wrap it up, I just got yelled at" to bring the show to a screeching halt. How lame are you if you can not dedicate a few hours to your friends Cheapy and (affirmative action ginger kid friend) Shipwreck? I know you just had a baby, but what a buzz kill you can be. Does Cheapy need to call and schedule an apointment with your wife so he can play with you on X-Box Live? How can you even be whipped when you do not even have access for at least another 4 weeks?[/quote]

To be fair, the Podcast had already gone on for 1 hr 45 min. It isn't like Wombat ended the podcast 10 minutes into the show. I'm glad Wombat even dedicated the two hours to the show seeing as he just had the baby. I'd rather have 2 hr wombat than no Wombat.

This was an especially solid show, so thanks guys.

The Stephen Totilo bit was especially good. I haven't met him before, but I did get to meet Tracey John from the Multiplayer blog before, and she was super nice. I guess that just because one member of the blog is nice doesn't mean the other automatically is, but I assumed as much for Stephen.

DAYAM, i loved this show. i really enjoyed hearing all three guys in one CAGcast. it was more fun and the show had a lot of cool stories. this is probably my fave CAGcast by far. More three amigos pwease? :)

btw Cheapy, that MTV guy is a real dick. i've watched him on GT's Bonus Round shows and whenever people try to poke fun at him, he comes back with an insult so you're not alone. that dude doesn't have much of a humor from what i can tell when he's on so you're not far off. but i gotta say they your story reminded me of Wombat's story with the iFanboy guys even though that was a misunderstanding...hehehe

anyways, LOVED this show. best one to date! :)

I think the notion that Mrs. Wombat's Colombian heritage was mentioned on the show really came from her thread in the CAGcast forum and because Cheapy doesn't read threads that aren't about him, he never read her posts about being from Colombia and blanked on that bit of info during the show.

[quote name='Davestation']Cheapy and Shipwreck where good. Wombat overall brought the show down. Nothing like using the line "Hey guys, I need to wrap it up, I just got yelled at" to bring the show to a screeching halt. How lame are you if you can not dedicate a few hours to your friends Cheapy and (affirmative action ginger kid friend) Shipwreck? I know you just had a baby, but what a buzz kill you can be. Does Cheapy need to call and schedule an apointment with your wife so he can play with you on X-Box Live? How can you even be whipped when you do not even have access for at least another 4 weeks?[/quote]

How could you complain? Wombat has been very busy recently. This show was actually considerably long and comparable to other episodes.

Wombat's wife is Colombian, huh.... That probably means that's like a 59% chance my someone in my half Colombian family knows Mrs Wombat. It seems all Long Island Colombians know each other. :p

Anyway, great show guys. Great to have Wombat back. But now I'll miss the little redheaded stepchild... errr... Shipwreck.

[quote name='Layziebones']To be fair, the Podcast had already gone on for 1 hr 45 min. It isn't like Wombat ended the podcast 10 minutes into the show. I'm glad Wombat even dedicated the two hours to the show seeing as he just had the baby. I'd rather have 2 hr wombat than no Wombat.[/quote]

Sure, it was going for a bit. Though, I am pointing out that his wife ended up dictating the show and he is whipped. Lets be honest, this podcast Wombat was the third wheel. He was not at E3 and it was mainly Cheapy and Ship talking. I like Wombat, but I hate it when guys wives yell at them in front of there friends, makes the guy look like a real pussy. My wife understands this as an embarrassing factor and would not do it.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']How could you complain? Wombat has been very busy recently. This show was actually considerably long and comparable to other episodes.[/quote]

I understand that having a baby is very busy and stressful for a new parent. As a new parent you still need time to yourself with friends. When your spouse barges in on "buddy time" its messed up. The show was good, just the end was abrupt by Dominatrix Wombat.

[quote name='Davestation']Sure, it was going for a bit. Though, I am pointing out that his wife ended up dictating the show and he is whipped. Lets be honest, this podcast Wombat was the third wheel. He was not at E3 and it was mainly Cheapy and Ship talking. I like Wombat, but I hate it when guys wives yell at them in front of there friends, makes the guy look like a real pussy. My wife understands this as an embarrassing factor and would not do it.

I understand that having a baby is very busy and stressful for a new parent. As a new parent you still need time to yourself with friends. When your spouse barges in on "buddy time" its messed up. The show was good, just the end was abrupt by Dominatrix Wombat.[/quote]

Whipped? His baby was a single week old at the time... He was kind enough to even consider doing a show, let alone at least an hour and 45 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wombat, your baby story was much like my first. It was nearly the same setup - starting labor late at night, heading to the hospital at 3 am or so... Except there it went a bit different. My wife was not progressing and walked all over the place (no epidural or IV at that point obviously) to get things going. Eventually she got pitocin to help the labor along and my daughter was not born until 11 PM the following night. So all told it was about 23 hours of labor - all with no pain medication I might add... and a 10 pound baby. So let your wife know it could have been much worse ;).

Anyway, it is all worth it in the end. My daughter even helped my CAG habits the other day as I called and had her check some used game prices on gamestop.com for me before I traded them in. So while it may seem your gaming time is over for a while, it will come back with a vengeance as she gets older. You may have to get more into those kids games you always put down though...

And what is it with the walking around and not being involved with the final phase of the birth? On our last one (now 8 months old) I had to use all my strength for about 2 hours helping support my wife's leg (a nurse had the other) so she could push with all her might. Yeah, the pushing stage itself was 2 hours. Hell, it was one of the most exhausting things I ever did - I can only imagine what it was like for her! That's what happens when two people with big heads have babies I guess ;).

Anyway, I enjoyed the rest of the CAGcast very much. I much appreciate Shipwreck's input as he has gaming interests a little more in line with mine. Though there needs to be a strategy game person involved with one of the 'casts - those games get no love on CAG.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Whipped? His baby was a single week old at the time... He was kind enough to even consider doing a show, let alone at least an hour and 45 minutes.[/quote]
Yeah, I was surprised he was even doing the show. I figured the reason Ship was going to be on becuase Wombat wasn't going to be able to do the show.

[quote name='io'] So all told it was about 23 hours of labor - all with no pain medication I might add... and a 10 pound baby. So let your wife know it could have been much worse ;).

So while it may seem your gaming time is over for a while, it will come back with a vengeance as she gets older. You may have to get more into those kids games you always put down though...

On our last one (now 8 months old) I had to use all my strength for about 2 hours helping support my wife's leg (a nurse had the other) so she could push with all her might. Yeah, the pushing stage itself was 2 hours. Hell, it was one of the most exhausting things I ever did - I can only imagine what it was like for her! That's what happens when two people with big heads have babies I guess ;).
[/quote]

23 hours of labor for your first baby and 10 pounds with out any pain meds!! Man, your wife can take it!! Did she get a c-section? That would be tuff. Our first kid, my wife started to have contractions at 10:00 pm. She did not tell me because she thought they where false again, and we where due at the hospital the next day to be induced. It turned out to be real labor and we still had our apointment and our son was born at 3:17 pm the next day. I did not have to hold my wifes legs at all.

Wombat can do what Cheapy and I do. Hold the kid in the lap while playing. My newest one (3 months old) she seems to be into it. She likes to watch me play Burnout Paradise. I just got to watch what I play in front of her. I let my son walk onto me when Gears came out and I was chainsawing a guy. He had nightmares for weeks, but he can handle it now. He was only four at the time.

I hear you on your last one io, on my last one a few weeks I had to hold my wifes legs up. I was not too happy about that considering the other hospital was staffed and I did not have to do it. My wife started to have contractions on Tuesday around noon, we went in that night and they said she was in labor, but she was not dilating. So they sent us home and my wife had non-stop contractions all week. I made her walk a mile on Sunday and that made her dilate to the certain point. We where at the hospital again on Sunday night, and we had our daughter on Monday at 2:47 pm.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Whipped? His baby was a single week old at the time... He was kind enough to even consider doing a show, let alone at least an hour and 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Yes, any guy who lets his wife freely yell at them and tell them what to do is whipped. It does not matter if the baby is a week old or not, clearly Mrs. Wombat disrespected her husband by yelling at him in front of his friends. Its one thing if the baby was screaming in the background and he said I gotta go take care of her. But no, his wife just yelled at him for spending time with friends and talking about E3 and it was to long for her timetable. E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year in America, so logically there is a lot of stuff to cover and it should take longer to cover.

[quote name='Davestation']
Yes, any guy who lets his wife freely yell at them and tell them what to do is whipped. It does not matter if the baby is a week old or not, clearly Mrs. Wombat disrespected her husband by yelling at him in front of his friends. Its one thing if the baby was screaming in the background and he said I gotta go take care of her. But no, his wife just yelled at him for spending time with friends and talking about E3 and it was to long for her timetable. E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year in America, so logically there is a lot of stuff to cover and it should take longer to cover.[/QUOTE]

OK here goes, she never yelled, she asked, also we started late and it was after 10pm when asked me to stop, For us 10PM is late at night. I stopped the show because I have great respect for my wife. If respecting your wife makes you "whipped" then I guess I am.

[quote name='Wombat']OK here goes, she never yelled, she asked, also we started late and it was after 10pm when asked me to stop, For us 10PM is late at night. I stopped the show because I have great respect for my wife. If respecting your wife makes you "whipped" then I guess I am.[/quote]

you tell 'em Wombat. btw, Mrs. Wombat is very nice from what i know of her judging from her posts and appearances on the show. and she definitely respects Wombat's "job" with the CAGcast. let's not forget that they have a kid now and i'm sure they wanna get some rest after a long day at work.

[quote name='Wombat']OK here goes, she never yelled, she asked, also we started late and it was after 10pm when asked me to stop, For us 10PM is late at night. I stopped the show because I have great respect for my wife. If respecting your wife makes you "whipped" then I guess I am.[/quote]

That's exactly right. Thank you for helping improve the show as usual.:)

Shame on you Wombat for using your wife as a scapegoat. For the past few days I was telling my wife how mean your wife was for yelling at you. It does make way more sense now since it is better said here than on the CAGcast. I've never seen or read any of her posts either. I have heard of you speak of her and the last CAGcast was the only time I felt her presence. Still, show was good just ended abruptly.

[quote name='Davestation']Shame on you Wombat for using your wife as a scapegoat. For the past few days I was telling my wife how mean your wife was for yelling at you. It does make way more sense now since it is better said here than on the CAGcast. I've never seen or read any of her posts either. I have heard of you speak of her and the last CAGcast was the only time I felt her presence. Still, show was good just ended abruptly.[/quote]

Wow. Are you just acting sarcastic as a joke or are you actually serious? Try having a week old kid, recording a show after a week of hard work, after 10 PM. Then try having an attempt to go over 2 hours of doing a show, just to please people who desperately need a few more minutes of the weekly CagCast. How much longer did you expect them to go for anyway??

Stop spamming the show thread, I'm sure that there is a show in only 3 days. Can you bare the wait?

[quote name='Davestation']23 hours of labor for your first baby and 10 pounds with out any pain meds!! Man, your wife can take it!! Did she get a c-section?[/QUOTE]

No C-section - I think she would have used pain meds if that had happened ;). It would take one tough woman to do a C-section without anesthesia...

[quote name='Wombat']OK here goes, she never yelled, she asked, also we started late and it was after 10pm when asked me to stop, For us 10PM is late at night. [/QUOTE]

I had a feeling she didn't really "yell" at you (though you did use that word on the show). But I understand. I get the same thing when I'm trying to update a particularly lengthy thread on CAG.

Everyone is making too much out of what was a throwaway comment by Wombat. Hell, I don't even know the guy but I could tell he didn't really mean his wife was screaming/nagging at him - it was just a Wombatism ;).

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Wow. Are you just acting sarcastic as a joke or are you actually serious? Try having a week old kid, recording a show after a week of hard work, after 10 PM. Then try having an attempt to go over 2 hours of doing a show, just to please people who desperately need a few more minutes of the weekly CagCast. How much longer did you expect them to go for anyway??

Stop spamming the show thread, I'm sure that there is a show in only 3 days. Can you bare the wait?[/quote]

Spamming? How is that spamming? Wombat did use the words "Hey guys, I gotta go my wife just yelled at me" in the CAGcast. He did not explain any of that until his recent post. So he used his wife and made her look like the villain in the CAGcast.

As for having a week old kid, I have a most colicky three month daughter and an eager 5 year old son. My daughter screams and cries all the time. I still have to wake up at 3:30am in the morning for work and I do not get home until 7:30 at night. Yes, my friends force me to stay out with them and if I have to call it a night, I tell them flat out. If I did what Wombat did, my friends would think that my wife is a complete bitch. Even with this horrible schedule I still make time for friends and family.

Bottom line, if Wombat said in the show "Hey guys, its way late over here and I need to get up for work in the morning, I gotta call it a night" that would be fine. But the thing that he did say made him seem whipped and made Mrs. Wombat seem like a control freak. However, Wombat exaggerated and made her look that way. They also did not get a chance to do the CAGbag either.

So, if you think our arguing is Spamming, do not contribute or respond to my comments. If you attack someone, it is only human Alpha Male nature to respond. I'll tell you what, I will send you a friends invite over live and we can talk there while I chainsaw you in Gears of War (or some other game) though you won't be able to do much talking during the match when your dead so it'll only be in the lobby. Accept my request if you still want to talk about it. Other than that according to your logic, your a spammer as well. Your comments are just fueling the spam by me responding to you. After Wombat explained himself, I backed off of calling him whipped and his wife a control freak. Thats not really cool what he did to his wife though.

[quote name='Davestation']Spamming? How is that spamming? Wombat did use the words "Hey guys, I gotta go my wife just yelled at me" in the CAGcast. He did not explain any of that until his recent post. So he used his wife and made her look like the villain in the CAGcast.

As for having a week old kid, I have a most colicky three month daughter and an eager 5 year old son. My daughter screams and cries all the time. I still have to wake up at 3:30am in the morning for work and I do not get home until 7:30 at night. Yes, my friends force me to stay out with them and if I have to call it a night, I tell them flat out. If I did what Wombat did, my friends would think that my wife is a complete bitch. Even with this horrible schedule I still make time for friends and family.

Bottom line, if Wombat said in the show "Hey guys, its way late over here and I need to get up for work in the morning, I gotta call it a night" that would be fine. But the thing that he did say made him seem whipped and made Mrs. Wombat seem like a control freak. However, Wombat exaggerated and made her look that way. They also did not get a chance to do the CAGbag either.

So, if you think our arguing is Spamming, do not contribute or respond to my comments. If you attack someone, it is only human Alpha Male nature to respond. I'll tell you what, I will send you a friends invite over live and we can talk there while I chainsaw you in Gears of War (or some other game) though you won't be able to do much talking during the match when your dead so it'll only be in the lobby. Accept my request if you still want to talk about it. Other than that according to your logic, your a spammer as well. Your comments are just fueling the spam by me responding to you. After Wombat explained himself, I backed off of calling him whipped and his wife a control freak. Thats not really cool what he did to his wife though.[/quote]

I don't need to go back to Gears of War to settle an argument in order to tell you that Wombat has a different feeling of what time at night is considered "late".

You keep arguing about losing a few minutes of a show when there is another show comming up in less than a day. Pretty rediculous. You continue to say that his wife is a villain for calling him after 2 hours of recording, after 10PM mind you. His kid was a week old. What's late for him may be a different kind of late for you. Regardless, the show wouldn't be much longer even if he didn't leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XTommyDonX']I don't need to go back to Gears of War to settle an argument in order to tell you that Wombat has a different feeling of what time at night is considered "late".

You keep arguing about losing a few minutes of a show when there is another show comming up in less than a day. Pretty rediculous. You continue to say that his wife is a villain for calling him after 2 hours of recording, after 10PM mind you. His kid was a week old. What's late for him may be a different kind of late for you. Regardless, the show wouldn't be much longer even if he didn't leave.[/quote]

I only suggested the Live thing so you would not spam. My main point is not about the show ending abruptly. My main point is I did not like the way Mrs. Wombat supposivley yelled at Wombat. Than Wombat came on, cleared it up and I said "Shame on you Wombat" for using his wife as a scapegoat. He made his wife sound like she wears the pants in the house with that comment (yelling comment). Spouse's are equal and they have no right to ever yell at one another. If one yells at another, thats considered abuse in my book. If you heard your neighbors yelling and screaming next door, most people call the police for a domestic dispute. This was only supposivley a one way yelling wich did not occur. I do not like hearing people being walked on like that, especially people I am fond of.

Now, Wombat came on this forum and cleared it up. He was tired, he just wanted to get it done, it was late. I get it, I do not mind that. The thing that bothered me is that he unintentionally made his wife look like a control freak in my eyes. Thats why I say shame on you Wombat, just be truthful and I will listen to the podcast on Saturday or Sunday I my way to work, it all depends if I heard whats on Howard Stern or not.

Also, if you really want to get technical, Wombat did end the show. They did not do CAGbag and Cheapy and Shipwreck where still talking about E3. It was abrupt and he should have been honest. Still the show was good, and my main complaint lays with how Wombat ended the show early, not that the show ended early. Its all about etiquette, and the way Wombat ended the show was not etiquette at all.

Well, that's a first. Never got accused of being so angry about pizza before. My apologies to Cheapy. I recall making jokes at the party about the lack of pizza -- a joke that began because the hosts were saving me a slice that then went missing -- but I certainly didn't mean to be rude to anyone. Sometimes my humor's delivered deadpan, sometimes I'm in a rush to go somewhere and I'm brusque.

Since I don't recall the incident specifically, I can only ask that you let it slide, Cheapy. Then again, maybe Blueberry Muffin Tops cereal makes me belligerent. I don't know! Sorry!

-Stephen

[quote name='Davestation']Yes, any guy who lets his wife say anything that he doesn't want to hear is whipped. It does not matter if the mother is exhausted and needs help, clearly Mrs. Wombat disrespected her husband by speaking when not spoken to. Its one thing if the baby was screaming in the background and he said I gotta go take care of her. But no, his wife asked politely for assistance even though spending time with friends and talking about E3 is far more important. E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year in America, even though we learned very few new things from it, so logically Mrs. Wombat should shut the hell up.[/quote]

Fixed. At least, fixed to what I hear when guys say things like he does.

[quote name='Sideswiper']Fixed. At least, fixed to what I hear when guys say things like he does.[/quote]

That's exactly what it seems like he's saying.

all CAGcast are good.. never missed one and never will.. dont listen to the haters they probably work for other podcasts :p

dont listen to them wombat people are jerks.

[quote name='x2k-one']dont listen to them wombat people are jerks.[/quote]

I'm certainly not, if that's what you're misunderstanding. I'm being more than supportive of Wombat.

[quote name='stephentotilo']Well, that's a first. Never got accused of being so angry about pizza before. My apologies to Cheapy. I recall making jokes at the party about the lack of pizza -- a joke that began because the hosts were saving me a slice that then went missing -- but I certainly didn't mean to be rude to anyone. Sometimes my humor's delivered deadpan, sometimes I'm in a rush to go somewhere and I'm brusque.

Since I don't recall the incident specifically, I can only ask that you let it slide, Cheapy. Then again, maybe Blueberry Muffin Tops cereal makes me belligerent. I don't know! Sorry!

-Stephen[/QUOTE]

Holy Toledo!

Hey, forget all the Wombat "yelling" talk. This is gonna get lost - good stuff :lol:.

[quote name='io']Holy Toledo!

Hey, forget all the Wombat "yelling" talk. This is gonna get lost - good stuff :lol:.[/quote]

Is that really him? In that case, Holy Toledo indeed.

[quote name='aknowlesjr']i don't remember hearing that Mrs Wombat is Colombian. I've listened to all the cagcast and sometimes each episode more than once. just wanted to give Cheapy some moral support.[/QUOTE]

I think they mentioned it in CAGcast #51 "Of Mice and Mrs."

[quote name='stephentotilo']Well, that's a first. Never got accused of being so angry about pizza before. My apologies to Cheapy. I recall making jokes at the party about the lack of pizza -- a joke that began because the hosts were saving me a slice that then went missing -- but I certainly didn't mean to be rude to anyone. Sometimes my humor's delivered deadpan, sometimes I'm in a rush to go somewhere and I'm brusque.

-Stephen[/quote]
No worries man, Chris Grant says you are good people and that is good enough for me. Hopefully we can talk at TGS.

bread's done
Back