CAGcast #138: A Quest For Fun

[quote name='Wombat']I love my ps3 and I have played more in the last month then my other consoles, mostly because of Lego Batman and the Pain amusement park. My only real gripe at this point as it always has been is that lack of communication I find in multiplayer games[/QUOTE]
Let's be fair, guys. Wombat's not nearly as hard on the PS3 as Cheapy is. Wombat's had his moments, sure, but I think we're all guilty of that at some point in time. :)

Cheapy,

I tend to believe that Dead Space is a better gaming experience than Fable II.

You indicated that you only played 1/2 an hour. Give Fright a chance!

As for the indication that it is not multiplayer, neither is Fable II unless you want to be a Henchman, For that matter, Fallout 3 is also single player.

With Wombat's LOVE for RE4, I'm sure he would enjoy Dead Space immensely.

I can understand and appreciate the difficulty in playing such a game with a one year old and living in an apartment, which could require a headphone experience. Nonetheless, if the opportunity arises, please play through Chapter 4 and provide your thoughts on the next CAGcast. It is fitting for Halloween.

Worth the wait! Enough video game info and disgusting stories to cover 2 weeks!

It's amazing that people are paying $200 more for a limited edition of a game that has 2 songs that contain lines from the quran....

Hey cheepy D, I registered not so long ago, after listening to your show for about a mouth and I have loved every episode since and I would like to know your opinion on cheats and whether or not they should be used in a game or not

[quote name='Wombat']I love my ps3 and I have played more in the last month then my other consoles, mostly because of Lego Batman and the Pain amusement park. My only real gripe at this point as it always has been is that lack of communication I find in multiplayer games[/quote]

A lot of the time when I enter an online game on my PS3 (usually CAG nights) the overwhelming majority of them have mics. So you either haven't checked back into a PS3 online game in a while or something else.

Good show guys. Wombat, the flu shot is a scam. It only covers the last 3 strains of flu, and it was ineffective last year. Most contain mercury, I hope your wife didn't get it if she is breast feeding. It does more harm than good.

Hey Cheapy, what happened to the big game collection update for the site that you promised for October? I know there are three days left in the month, but no word from you makes me wondering if a delay will be announced on this highly-anticipated update.

Let me ask you cheapy:

Have you play against the asian gang yet? 2 out of the 3 "boss" fights are not so fun my friend. I speak of the sword fight.....those are BS my friend.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Hey Cheapy, what happened to the big game collection update for the site that you promised for October? I know there are three days left in the month, but no word from you makes me wondering if a delay will be announced on this highly-anticipated update.[/QUOTE]

Programmer John probably has the same work ethic as CheapyD. Big ups to Wombat, the hardest working man in showbiz! I work full time and go to UCLA full time, with a 2.5 hour commute EACH WAY to school. I feel your pain, brother.

I love how Cheapy decides that Dead Space is a rental after playing all of half an hour of it. I'm sure it is, but the opinions given out on the CagCast seem to be based on very little information, like the situation with Sony and the Quran. As an Atheist, I am no fan of coddling religious people and protecting their precious feelings, but Sony has to have been thinking about the ridiculous protests of Danish newspapers and other such outrage, and decided to prevent it before it started. A business decision to keep a family game out of any possible controversy. To read anything more into it is ludicrous and based on nothing at all.

Good show though, and CheapyD...get to work! Write a blog or something.

It is always hilarious to read these threads where the Sony Fanboys come in here and accuse Cheapy and Wombat of being Microsoft Fanboys. Isn't everyone entitled to their opinion on which system is better and which they prefer to play on? As was mentioned in the CAGcast, 99% of the time you play games for fun, right? If you have more fun on the 360 over the PS3 then great, alternatively if you have more fun playing the PS3 over the 360 it's also great. I just don't see why this is always such a huge topic each time someone says something negative about the PS3. In the end I think all of the big 3 get their share of praise on the show and their share of ridicule. I just don't see the point of debating who gets more or less. I mean, does it really impact your life if Cheapy prefers the 360 or if Wombat prefers the PS3? I think everyone should remember it is all about playing Games and not about playing Consoles.

Also Wombat, sorry I had to put the smackdown on you last week in fantasy football. I now have caused both Wombat and Mrs. Ship to comment their fantasy losses to my team on their respective podcasts. :lol:

All in all, another great show boys. Keep up the good work!

so Cheapy, you only have to pay 1 month in advance now? that's cool. what a jerk move by the landlord guy.

Wombat, let's make some levels together on LBP soon. i'm currently playing through the story levels. :)

btw dudes, get Nick on the damn show soon. i'd like to hear you guys all in one podcast for once. can you imagine how many more 1up FM listeners will d/l the CAGcast just to listen in?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It is always hilarious to read these threads where the Sony Fanboys come in here and accuse Cheapy and Wombat of being Microsoft Fanboys. Isn't everyone entitled to their opinion on which system is better and which they prefer to play on? As was mentioned in the CAGcast, 99% of the time you play games for fun, right? If you have more fun on the 360 over the PS3 then great, alternatively if you have more fun playing the PS3 over the 360 it's also great. I just don't see why this is always such a huge topic each time someone says something negative about the PS3. In the end I think all of the big 3 get their share of praise on the show and their share of ridicule. I just don't see the point of debating who gets more or less. I mean, does it really impact your life if Cheapy prefers the 360 or if Wombat prefers the PS3? I think everyone should remember it is all about playing Games and not about playing Consoles.

Also Wombat, sorry I had to put the smackdown on you last week in fantasy football. I now have caused both Wombat and Mrs. Ship to comment their fantasy losses to my team on their respective podcasts. :lol:

All in all, another great show boys. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

its not so much the loss but the fact that in our 10 team league I out scored everyone but you the person I played against, 110 fanatsy points is an insane score to lose with.

[quote name='Wombat']its not so much the loss but the fact that in our 10 team league I out scored everyone but you the person I played against, 110 fanatsy points is an insane score to lose with.[/quote]

Yea, those are tough losses to take. Usually I find myself in that situation so its good to be on the right side of the equation for once.

Wombat, your reason for the inability to play Fable 2 in true coop fashion doesn't hold water, imo. the devs could've made the coop where the visitor's actions don't hurt your game's progress. there could've been some sort of restriction for coop so it wouldn't ruin your game. but you're right, Molyneaux did a shitty job describing what the coop really is so people are more disappointed than they would've been if he had explained it more clearly.

btw, great British accent, i approve. XD

[quote name='Wombat']I love my ps3 and I have played more in the last month then my other consoles, mostly because of Lego Batman and the Pain amusement park. My only real gripe at this point as it always has been is that lack of communication I find in multiplayer games[/QUOTE]

Wombat, you're criticism of the PSN online in various games is a fair one and correct. The only thing I can say is that because you and Cheapy very rarely play any PS3 games online, you miss out on the many times that people do have their mics, and matches (in various games ) where people are using their mics. I mean right here on CAG there's a lot of games played where we all have mics and working together. Especially on Unreal Tournament 3. Wombat you've only been to about one Warhawk night. You nor cheapy have really made any efforts to be apart of the PS3 online community in general or on CAG. yes, there're some quiet matches, but there are a lot of instances where everyone has a mic, but because you and cheapy aren't regulars... you miss out. I don't think its a fair criticism of the PSN service to criticize it for an issue that's beyond the direct control of PSN. As long as voice chat is available in games and it works, then PSN has done their part. [After playing Resistance 2 beta, I think that the co-op is going to help force people to use mics and most of all work together] There's no knock on Xbox Live due to the the vulgar behavior of the [juvenile] users that utilize the service. Regardless of how the users 'Behave' Live is still considered an excellent service. [Live definitely performed well when it kept Cheapy from using his "frombie" as the face of one of his created characters.]

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It is always hilarious to read these threads where the Sony Fanboys come in here and accuse Cheapy and Wombat of being Microsoft Fanboys. Isn't everyone entitled to their opinion on which system is better and which they prefer to play on? As was mentioned in the CAGcast, 99% of the time you play games for fun, right? If you have more fun on the 360 over the PS3 then great, alternatively if you have more fun playing the PS3 over the 360 it's also great. I just don't see why this is always such a huge topic each time someone says something negative about the PS3.

All in all, another great show boys. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

I think it just gets annoying to those of us who only have a PS3, and have a great time playing it, to hear CheapyD say EVERY TIME a game comes out that "Of course I got the 360 version." WE GET IT! You prefer playing on the 360! Every time. Then he trots out the memes. Better online. No one uses headsets on PS3. "Integrated" friends list across all games. They are all false statements. The online works fine on PS3. Games I play have people that use headsets, especially when it's with other CAGs, but Cheapy would never know because he doesn't play PS3 games online with any of us. I see my friends list in every game I play. It's just getting a little tired and cliche'd, that's all. Wombat is the great white (Jew) hope for us PS3 owners!

Re: Three Red Lights

Cheapy and Wombat, the advice you both gave was probably the worst advice I've heard you guys give on the cagcast. (BTW I do *really* enjoy my weekly CAGcast hit.)

There *WILL BE PROOF* that the 360 NEVER had a TLR error and that will reflect very badly on Tomscab (sp?). If he's lucky, MS will fix it anyways... but I suspect that MS isn't willing to eat the >$100 repair fee and will ask for payment before they'll fix it.

You guys do realize that there's a persistent error log inside each 360 that stores data for the last few system errors encountered. Additional system status data is logged as well to this log to help MS figure out exactly what went wrong to help a) fix the broken system or b) respin a new revision that is more reliable. Companies really like recording and then using this information to project warranty costs and help optimize the reliabity/warrranty return cost balance on their systems.

Given what I've read about the TRL problem is that is exacerbated by heat as well as the number of heating/cooling cycles. So wrapping the 360 in a towel to get it nice and toasty, and then sticking it in the fridge to cool down quick and repeating the process will probably be best way to speed up the process for a system to get TRL's.
But it may break other mechanical bits way before the GPU pulls off the MB. But since it's already busted, it's probably not a big loss if something else breaks.

In my real world job, our (not consumer) devices have persistent logs in them that we can access to determine exactly what was done on the unit prior to an error code being thrown... sometimes it's quite revealing to see the difference in what the "customer" claimed happened and what the keypress/event/error logs recorded.

Hi wombat, Is it worth getting a xbox 360 just for fable 2.
I hear it's pri D awesome but I don't play many MMORPG's

AWSOME SHOW DUDE'S, KEEP IT GOING!!

Personally, I think it's unfair to question's Cheapy's work ethic, especially when he lives 6,000 miles away in another country and we have absolutely no idea what he does everyday. He could spend a lot of hours in his day doing work, we simply don't know and to sit back and question his work ethic and call him lazy is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

However, I think Wombat is 100% correct in the points in brought up in the podcast against Cheapy. It is a bit ridiculous that Cheapy can't make one blog post a day. I mean, all he would have to do is talk about something about his life in Japan, even if it's a weird lunch. Many users in CAG have never been to Japan and would love to learn more about the culture over there. Also, Wombat is right that the E3 and TGS coverage was awful and while Cheapy says we don't come here for information on those events, I would whole heartedly disagree as most CAGs would love to hear from the Point of View of a person not in the gaming press on these events.

And I agree with Orko on the PS3 talk. It's getting very annoying to hear Cheapy constantly say that he only gets games on the Xbox 360, and it's kind of like a broken record. Although it's interesting how Cheapy discusses that the reason he gets games on the 360 over the PS3 is due to MP, but yet complains that Dead Space has no MP, therefore you should just rend and yet he still bought it on the 360. If multiplayer is the only reason, why would you chose 360 over PS3? Dead Space has trophies, so you can't make that argument. One would think you would want to play it on the PS3 due to reliability concerns on the 360. Just something to think about. Wombat has never actually been anti-PS3. His complaints were always valid, and now pretty much all of his complaints have been rectified. Although, the mic one is kind of iffy. MSFT provides a mic with every console and yet I see a ton of people who don't use them. As much as PS3? No, but it's still a large population. Yes it would be great to have MICS, but after playing COD 4 on the 360, I don't miss mics one bit. Hearing 12 year olds trying to act cool is not fun and something I want to do. However, it was cool getting to hear British people speak. Also, I do remember Wombat constantly talking about playing his PS3 (especially Burnout Paradise IIRC.)

Why did you guys cut the show off so quickly during the story about the crazy Japanese lady killing her in-game husband? I thought that my iPod broke when it suddenly quit playing the cast.

[quote name='shieryda']Why did you guys cut the show off so quickly during the story about the crazy Japanese lady killing her in-game husband? I thought that my iPod broke when it suddenly quit playing the cast.[/quote]
we didn't...re-download the show. The internet must have farted during your first try.

[quote name='CheapyD']we didn't...re-download the show. The internet must have farted during your first try.[/quote]

Okay, cool. I was just curious to see how much of the cast I missed.

Oh, and I myself used to eat the hell outta some Pac-Man cereal!

Cheapy, I can't believe that you talked so much about Saints Row 2 and didn't once use the famous "BIG ASS CHAAAAAIINNNNNZ" line. That is my only gripe about the show this week but it still is my favourite show so far :D

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']And I agree with Orko on the PS3 talk. It's getting very annoying to hear Cheapy constantly say that he only gets games on the Xbox 360, and it's kind of like a broken record. Although it's interesting how Cheapy discusses that the reason he gets games on the 360 over the PS3 is due to MP, but yet complains that Dead Space has no MP, therefore you should just rend and yet he still bought it on the 360. If multiplayer is the only reason, why would you chose 360 over PS3? Dead Space has trophies, so you can't make that argument. One would think you would want to play it on the PS3 due to reliability concerns on the 360. Just something to think about. Wombat has never actually been anti-PS3. His complaints were always valid, and now pretty much all of his complaints have been rectified. Although, the mic one is kind of iffy. MSFT provides a mic with every console and yet I see a ton of people who don't use them. As much as PS3? No, but it's still a large population. Yes it would be great to have MICS, but after playing COD 4 on the 360, I don't miss mics one bit. Hearing 12 year olds trying to act cool is not fun and something I want to do. However, it was cool getting to hear British people speak. Also, I do remember Wombat constantly talking about playing his PS3 (especially Burnout Paradise IIRC.)[/quote]

I'll agree with not needing to mention it for the most part but Cheapy should be allowed to get it on whatever console he wants right? I will just about get every multiplatform game on the PS3 unless the 360 version is significantly superior because my (real life, for a lack of a better word) friends and family own PS3s (2-0) and I hate paying just to use their online "service". Trophies don't appeal to everyone aswell.

Well I think all the people defending the PS3 make decent points on things, but I really think alot of it comes down to this:

The 360 released a year ahead of the PS3 and had a very strong online system almost from the get go. It included a Mic and had a bunch of games that were fun to play online with people. The PS3 had a year to study what the xbox did right and wrong. Sony got it right by making sure that the hardware worked well, unlike the 360, but almost everything else they did was wrong. Poor online system, no access to anything on the XMB while you were in-game, no mic, no achievement/trophy system. Yes, we all agree with that now it has alot of this functionality, but many people have had this stuff on the 360 for 3 years now. People have gotten used to playing most of their games on the 360 and enjoying the online system. Now if the new PS3 features came out and completely blew the existing 360 features away, then I think Cheapy and others would probably spend more time with the 360, but as of now the feature set is no better than what the 360 offers (and probably worse). People have accepted the 360 and it will take more than the PS3 simply adding the same feature set to sell people.

So yea, I know everyone will get angry and say these are the same old arguments and memes etc, but step back and look at it from an unbiased view. It is the reality of what happened. Read what reviewers, analysts and fans of all games say. The PS3 finally has the functionality, but too many people have gotten used to having this stuff on the 360 already.

As to people saying that Cheapy and Wombat haven't "embraced" all the CAG PS3 gaming nights, that I don't know, maybe they can speak to that. I heard both of them mention it a couple times in the past, but I don't exactly hear them talking about taking part in all the 360 game nights either. They hopped into a RSV game with us a year and a half ago, that is all I can recall. Maybe that is a good question for them: Cheapy and Wombat do you play in any of the organized CAG game nights?

Just throwing this out there, but isn't the podcast too long? I enjoy listening to it, but I have to set aside almost 2 hours to listen to it. I would probably be happier with it if it were broken into 2 or even 3 separate podcasts posted through the week. I don't know how it would be broken up, but it's just a suggestion. Cheapy and Wombat can still record it all in one shot if they want, but splitting it up would make it more listener-friendly I think.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']..But alas, Craig, Destin and Corey from Screwattack said on their podcast that it was a blatant rip-off of GTA4 'but worse' :([/quote]

Who?

[quote name='JTHuffy']Just throwing this out there, but isn't the podcast too long? I enjoy listening to it, but I have to set aside almost 2 hours to listen to it. I would probably be happier with it if it were broken into 2 or even 3 separate podcasts posted through the week. I don't know how it would be broken up, but it's just a suggestion. Cheapy and Wombat can still record it all in one shot if they want, but splitting it up would make it more listener-friendly I think.[/quote]

They do already. Stop listening when they start a new section of the podcast.

Really enjoyed the show this week, guys, glad to have you back. :)

I haven't played much of Fable 2 yet owing to a hand injury (right now it hurts to hold a controller), but from what I did play, my biggest gripe was that it felt...slow, like I had to wait for dialogues to move on and loading, etc. Sometimes, I found myself hitting the A button (long-time JRPG'er), and then accidentally causing myself to be evil because I hit A one time too many.

Thoughts?
/tk

I must say I have a new found respect for Wombat growing a pair, and actually lashing out on Cheapy. Wombat calling out Cheapy on his lack of blogging was on the money. I mean come on, Cheapy, the site practically runs itslef. Would it kill you to have at least one or two good post a day. You freaking live in Japan, home to Sony and Nintendo, there's got to be some news worthy material, that doesnt involve some school girl panty shots or your latest adventure on the shit bowl.

Thanks,
evangelion17

[quote name='Hostile']I'll agree with not needing to mention it for the most part but Cheapy should be allowed to get it on whatever console he wants right? I will just about get every multiplatform game on the PS3 unless the 360 version is significantly superior because my (real life, for a lack of a better word) friends and family own PS3s (2-0) and I hate paying just to use their online "service". Trophies don't appeal to everyone aswell.[/quote]

Ohh of course. I think the problem people have is not that he gets everything on the 360, it's the way he says it.

If he just said "I got Saints Row 2, Fable 2, and Dead Space on the 360." I don't think there would be a problem.

But when he says "And these are all on the 360 of course" he's coming off like theres a problem with buying them on the PS3 and you would be crazy not to buy it on the 360.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Ohh of course. I think the problem people have is not that he gets everything on the 360, it's the way he says it.

If he just said "I got Saints Row 2, Fable 2, and Dead Space on the 360." I don't think there would be a problem.

But when he says "And these are all on the 360 of course" he's coming off like theres a problem with buying them on the PS3 and you would be crazy not to buy it on the 360.[/quote]

Dude, you are seriously analyzing the hell out of this. :wall: Stop worrying if the inflection in Cheapy's voice is influencing what systems people play games on. :-({|=

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Dude, you are seriously analyzing the hell out of this. :wall: Stop worrying if the inflection in Cheapy's voice is influencing what systems people play games on. :-({|=[/quote]

I am not analyzing it... just stating why other people may have a problem with it.

And the inflection in someone's voice is a huge part of conversation. It can separate if something is meant as sad or good, etc.

I noticed a strange banner on the Giant Bomb frontpage:

780895-nxepromo.jpg

Coicidence? I think not.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I am not analyzing it... just stating why other people may have a problem with it.

And the inflection in someone's voice is a huge part of conversation. It can separate if something is meant as sad or good, etc.[/quote]

I know it can, but if that one comment in a 90 minute show really set everyone off this badly then I think everyone needs to take a step back for a second, realize it is just one persons opinion on a fake internet radio show and move on. :roll: This isn't life or death here.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I know it can, but if that one comment in a 90 minute show really set everyone off this badly then I think everyone needs to take a step back for a second, realize it is just one persons opinion on a fake internet radio show and move on. :roll: This isn't life or death here.[/quote]

agree, Cheapy prefers the 360 when he buys games. what's the big deal? he doesn't work for some game review site or magazine (and those guys have their own preferences as well). he only states what he thinks and he likes playing on the 360 more. there's no need to get worked up over this.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I know it can, but if that one comment in a 90 minute show really set everyone off this badly then I think everyone needs to take a step back for a second, realize it is just one persons opinion on a fake internet radio show and move on. :roll: This isn't life or death here.[/QUOTE]

People aren't as mad as you make it seem. I don't like it when cheapy talks trash about the PS3, in my opinion its silly and pointless. I'm not even mad at Cheapy, to me its all apart of the show, and if that's his opinion thats cool with me. The show is just like a discussion with the community; they record the show, we comment. I don't think anyone has a problem with Cheapy or Wombat's choice. All in all, regardless arguing over consoles in my opinion is part of the show, I enjoy it, Cheapy enjoys it. So step off your high horse, and let people enjoy the show the way they want to. If I (or other Sony fans, or Nintendo fans, or Neo Geo, or Dreamcast fans want to heckle Cheapy a little, then its no big deal... makes for a better fake internet radio show." You're the only one making it life or death deal, when its not. In the beginning of the show, first thing Wombat says is "I'm going to NOT say anything controversial" and Cheapy says something to the effect of "that would make for a boring show" --- He's right it would... after all the trash that Cheapy and Wombat have talked about not just about Sony, but Nintendo and Microsoft, they haven't lost not one listener. No one's making death theats, killing themselves, or acting foolishly. No one has even said anything to get banned from the site [in regards to this present situation]. Glockglock, take your own advice, does it bother you that much that people criticize Cheapy and/or Wombat after a show? But with that said.. you are of course free to your opinion, but I just wanted to let you know for me.... my comments are all in good fun and its not as serious as you're portraying.

See you next show, cause I figure we'll all be doing this all over again... its just part of the fun, part of the CAG community.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thomas96']People aren't as mad as you make it seem. I don't like it when cheapy talks trash about the PS3, in my opinion its silly and pointless. I'm not even mad at Cheapy, to me its all apart of the show, and if that's his opinion thats cool with me. The show is just like a discussion with the community; they record the show, we comment. I don't think anyone has a problem with Cheapy or Wombat's choice. All in all, regardless arguing over consoles in my opinion is part of the show, I enjoy it, Cheapy enjoys it. So step off your high horse, and let people enjoy the show the way they want to. If I (or other Sony fans, or Nintendo fans, or Neo Geo, or Dreamcast fans want to heckle Cheapy a little, then its no big deal... makes for a better fake internet radio show." You're the only one making it life or death deal, when its not. In the beginning of the show, first thing Wombat says is "I'm going to NOT say anything controversial" and Cheapy says something to the effect of "that would make for a boring show" --- He's right it would... after all the trash that Cheapy and Wombat have talked about not just about Sony, but Nintendo and Microsoft, they haven't lost not one listener. No one's making death theats, killing themselves, or acting foolishly. No one has even said anything to get banned from the site. Glockglock, take your own advice, does it bother you that much that people criticize Cheapy and/or Wombat after a show? But with that said.. you're of course free to your opinion, but I just wanted to let you know for me.... my comments are all in good fun and its not as serious as you're portraying.

See you next show, cause I figure we'll all be doing this all over again... its just part of the fun, part of the CAG community.[/quote]

Well I'm not trying to get on a high horse on this one. If people aren't that mad as you say they are then that's fine, possibly I misinterpreted what Orko and H.Cornerstone posted before in response to my comments. I just think it is funny when people make a big deal about something on the show, especially the console war. Like you said, I listen to the show and enjoy it the way I want to. If others want to get fired up about it, then they are free to do that, it just makes me laugh. I seriously do not believe anyone is taking this show as a life or death manner, it was just funny that we started talking about the inflection in Cheapy's voice, etc.

As for taking my own advice, my comments are all in fun as well. I really could care less what is said on the show or who posts what afterwards. I don't care who likes/dislikes/criticizes/praises any of the following: Cheapy/Wombat/the 360/the PS3/Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft/et al. I was just adding my comments to the discussion.

I thought we were all having a fun discussion here, I don't think anyone is taking offense to anything I have posted and I don't take offense in anything I've read here. We are all CAG brothers here, right? ;) :grouphug: :cool:

That said, like Thomas96, catch everyone next Monday for CAGCast 139er. :applause:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well I'm not trying to get on a high horse on this one. If people aren't that mad as you say they are then that's fine, possibly I misinterpreted what Orko and H.Cornerstone posted before in response to my comments. I just think it is funny when people make a big deal about something on the show, especially the console war. Like you said, I listen to the show and enjoy it the way I want to. If others want to get fired up about it, then they are free to do that, it just makes me laugh. I seriously do not believe anyone is taking this show as a life or death manner, it was just funny that we started talking about the inflection in Cheapy's voice, etc.

As for taking my own advice, my comments are all in fun as well. I really could care less what is said on the show or who posts what afterwards. I don't care who likes/dislikes/criticizes/praises any of the following: Cheapy/Wombat/the 360/the PS3/Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft/et al. I was just adding my comments to the discussion.

I thought we were all having a fun discussion here, I don't think anyone is taking offense to anything I have posted and I don't take offense in anything I've read here. We are all CAG brothers here, right? ;) :grouphug: :cool:

That said, like Thomas96, catch everyone next Monday for CAGCast 139er. :applause:[/quote]

I wasn't mad, just giving feedback, and explaining why some people may be upset.

Wombat is loving Fable2 so much, I wonder what his reaction will be regarding the ending of the main quest. Personally, I thought it was pretty lame.

Saints row 2 is honestly the most fun game i have played in 5 years or so.. nothing is boring in the game..i already beat it, and i still find myself playing it single player.

[quote name='acolon']I must say I have a new found respect for Wombat growing a pair, and actually lashing out on Cheapy. Wombat calling out Cheapy on his lack of blogging was on the money. I mean come on, Cheapy, the site practically runs itslef. Would it kill you to have at least one or two good post a day. You freaking live in Japan, home to Sony and Nintendo, there's got to be some news worthy material, that doesnt involve some school girl panty shots or your latest adventure on the shit bowl.

Thanks,
evangelion17[/quote]

NO WAI! DO NOT WANT! We can get that game crap anywhere. Cheapy's talent is as a raconteur. The best and truly memorable moments in the CAGCast have been only tangentially or non game related. Remember the story about the pizza guy who got drunk and then ran out of chez Cheapy nude? That was podcasting gold.

I think the whole podcast would be better if it were about taking a shit, looking at schoolgirl panties and such non-game anecdotes.

bread's done
Back