CAGcast #142: Nice Sack(boy)!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

I think Cheapy mentioned that he stopped at one of the Wedding levels because some part of the level randomly broke.[/quote]

something about a platform collapsing and not being able to continue, i think

Good show, I enjoyed it. Wombat, at the end of the show, please don't try to cut it short by not answering questions, [same for you Cheapy] - If you guys can answer some questions in the beginning of the show, knock some out early and then get to the rest later.

Wombat - you made a point that someone not having a point reference Cheapy and his "gamer pics" well they're called "gamer pics" doesn't mean that the person didn't have a point because cheapy didn't buy one that had to do with a game. Its not like a "gamer pic" for transformers is any different than one that was with a Halo 3... their both "Gamer pics"

Cheapy - regarding the Amazon deals, I know you want to crown them Champion (and yes they deserve it) there is ONE deal... that I don't think they matched.... 30 Dollar Dual Shock 3 controllers.. I'd like to thank Radioshack for that deal. [bought 2 myself]

Wombat - reference the pack in games for the 360... Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda... I know that MS needs some 1st party brand recognition, however I think that for this new bundle its for the holidays and I think its meant to take some sales away from the Wii, you got the cheaper price point and now you throw in two children's games, that's a bundle being marketed to children - because of course children recognize Kung Fu Panda and LEGO (indiana Jones) moreso than any first party MS game, or Rare game. The goal of this holiday bundle is to promote the system, not the games. A bundle with 1st party or Rare games being promoted would be good for something during the year, a bundle to stimulate sales during a slow period.

One last show comment becareful with the the babies hitting their head, you know their heads are soft and it could cause a fracture. Fractures when caused, you won't notice it until about 2-3 days later when you child's head (or fracture area) begins to swell. A lot of times you fall happens, child is fine, parents notice no injury then 2-3 days later you see swelling and find out that you got a slight fracture. That's why you have to be really careful about them hitting their heads...

Otherwide good show, and next time, don't forget to cover the Wii section there was some funny news about Animal Crossing that you guys missed...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
LBP doesn't call to you because you suck at it, Cheapy.

Good show.[/QUOTE]

LBP doesn't call to him because its on the Playstation 3 and not Xbox 360... the trophies don't interest him, the online doesn't interest him, if it was on 360, then it'd have achievements which he'd enjoy and the online he'd enjoy because more of his "friends" would be playing it. When a game comes out on a console that isn't your primary system, its hard to keep your interest up for those games. There's no PS3 game that either Cheapy or Wombat play on the regular, now thinking back, I don't think they've even finished a game on Playstation 3.

[quote name='Thomas96']Good show, I enjoyed it. Wombat, at the end of the show, please don't try to cut it short by not answering questions, [same for you Cheapy] - If you guys can answer some questions in the beginning of the show, knock some out early and then get to the rest later.

Wombat - you made a point that someone not having a point reference Cheapy and his "gamer pics" well they're called "gamer pics" doesn't mean that the person didn't have a point because cheapy didn't buy one that had to do with a game. Its not like a "gamer pic" for transformers is any different than one that was with a Halo 3... their both "Gamer pics"

Cheapy - regarding the Amazon deals, I know you want to crown them Champion (and yes they deserve it) there is ONE deal... that I don't think they matched.... 30 Dollar Dual Shock 3 controllers.. I'd like to thank Radioshack for that deal. [bought 2 myself]

Wombat - reference the pack in games for the 360... Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda... I know that MS needs some 1st party brand recognition, however I think that for this new bundle its for the holidays and I think its meant to take some sales away from the Wii, you got the cheaper price point and now you throw in two children's games, that's a bundle being marketed to children - because of course children recognize Kung Fu Panda and LEGO (indiana Jones) moreso than any first party MS game, or Rare game. The goal of this holiday bundle is to promote the system, not the games. A bundle with 1st party or Rare games being promoted would be good for something during the year, a bundle to stimulate sales during a slow period.

One last show comment becareful with the the babies hitting their head, you know their heads are soft and it could cause a fracture. Fractures when caused, you won't notice it until about 2-3 days later when you child's head (or fracture area) begins to swell. A lot of times you fall happens, child is fine, parents notice no injury then 2-3 days later you see swelling and find out that you got a slight fracture. That's why you have to be really careful about them hitting their heads...

Otherwide good show, and next time, don't forget to cover the Wii section there was some funny news about Animal Crossing that you guys missed...[/QUOTE]

the point about the gamer pics was about them advertising a game, resistance costumes and halo 3 pics are a game ad, transforemer gen 1 pics dont advertise a game.

trust me i took the fall very seriously and was the pediatrician within the hour, and was watched very closely by all of us, you can see how she is doing on my facebook page, i have new video up.

on the PS3 I have completed, MGS4, lego batman, ratchet and clank,unlocked all pain levels, the game I never finished was resistance 1, LBP i am still playing through as I mentioned on the show. MY PS3 get a ton regular playtime in my house.

[quote name='Wombat']unlocked all pain levels[/quote]

this alone proves Wombat doesn't hate the PS3. :razz:

Another great show, however, I do disagree a bit on the Indiana Jones bashing.

I may be in the minority but I don't think it was that bad of a movie. The story was a departure from more religious based plots of past movies and more slanted towards the Sci-Fi, but the movie had plenty of good action, exploration and villians. I do think Shia LaBeouf way over-acted his role and was not a good fit for the movie, but the story itself wasn't anymore outrageouse than past indy films. Given the gap of time between the last film and this one I think it was not bad at all and I do think it's at least worth a rental. Cheapy should watch it, I'd like to know what he thinks.

Anyway, only my opinion. Keep up the good work!

During the brief discussion of chrono trigger, I got a laugh out of Wombat's impersonation of a "nerd" voice and how it pretty much sounded exactly like his normal everyday voice. hehe

I didnt think it was possible to have a Cagcast without a question from BOTH Thorbahn and FriskyTanuki (Thorbahn was left out). I am a new listener, for about a year now and it seems their questions or comments are on every show. Cheapy, why not just send them some equipment and have them on weekly, so you can then read posts from the rest of the public? Would a print magazine or paper keep publishing the letters of the same people every week. . . I think not.

~Skidi (pronounced skee-dee, not that this will get read because it will be bumped by the "FriskyThornukibahn" comments!!) ;)

[quote name='superman1180']Another great show, however, I do disagree a bit on the Indiana Jones bashing.

I may be in the minority but I don't think it was that bad of a movie. The story was a departure from more religious based plots of past movies and more slanted towards the Sci-Fi, but the movie had plenty of good action, exploration and villians. I do think Shia LaBeouf way over-acted his role and was not a good fit for the movie, but the story itself wasn't anymore outrageouse than past indy films. Given the gap of time between the last film and this one I think it was not bad at all and I do think it's at least worth a rental. Cheapy should watch it, I'd like to know what he thinks.

Anyway, only my opinion. Keep up the good work![/quote]

Well at least I'm not the only one that thinks the same. Thank you! :applause:

Womabt, i thought i remember you saying you acquired a theme for your 360 that represented your college? I don't know if you paid for this and maybe i'm completely mistaken.

[quote name='superman1180']Another great show, however, I do disagree a bit on the Indiana Jones bashing.

Anyway, only my opinion. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

Here here!

Temple of Doom is easily the biggest P.O.S. in the series.

and again, Wombat. Stop whining about recognition! Cheapy mentions "friends of the show" and you go on about if they know the show or just Cheapy. Later on, you mentioned "friends of the show" and Cheapy doesn't flinch.

Your insecurity is well known but you are on a top video game podcast. Give it a rest.

[quote name='Skidi']I didnt think it was possible to have a Cagcast without a question from BOTH Thorbahn and FriskyTanuki (Thorbahn was left out). I am a new listener, for about a year now and it seems their questions or comments are on every show. Cheapy, why not just send them some equipment and have them on weekly, so you can then read posts from the rest of the public? Would a print magazine or paper keep publishing the letters of the same people every week. . . I think not.

~Skidi (pronounced skee-dee, not that this will get read because it will be bumped by the "FriskyThornukibahn" comments!!) ;)[/QUOTE]

The same questions from the same people are pretty much read all the time

Don't let CheapyD bug you about Enchanted Wombat, that movie was awesome! Much better than I expected. After I rented it when it first came out I ended up buying it. Don't be ashamed of liking a good movie.

dinosaurnonrubber.jpg

Are these the ones?

I'm still calling for Cheapy and Wombat not being able to finish LittleBigPlanet. I'm sure they won't prove me wrong. I mean, Cheapy's already given up the fight, and even before it actually started getting difficult from what it sounds like (World 3 isn't hard at all. It starts getting hard around World 5 or 6).

Never had a McGriddle, but I do like sausage with syrup on it so I imagine the McGriddle is pretty tasty. I'm also with Wombat re: the latest Indiana Jones flick. What garbage. South Park hit the nail on the head.

Also, I was wodering if Wombat was still working for UGO. I've seen a lot fewer posts from him over there, and a lot more from Russ and some others.

Entertaining show this week, though I listened after my hand surgery, so I probably missed some of it.

/tk

CheapyD...

You didn't even mention the most depressing/infuriating fact about the Wal-Mart trampling death.

After an ambulance had arrived and determined the poor guy was dead, the police, naturally, needed to close down and evacuate the store to do a proper investigation. Many of the shoppers, even when told that someone had been killed, were outraged and refused to leave, saying they'd been waiting outside for so many hours and they were there to shop and so on and so on. Some people didn't even care that someone had been killed just a few minutes before, probably by their own two feet.

So guys...not to bum you out or anything, but do you think there's any hope left for humanity?

Hey guys I love the show however in the past you have called yourselves hardcore gamers because you play allot of video games however my definition of a "Hardcore Gamer" is someone who is a General in halo 3 and who is Gifted at ALL multi player games but all of you suck at multilayer games none of you are even past SGT in halo 3 and you suck at Gears 2 "No Offense" you even admitted to sucking at gears 2 in the past cagcast. So how can you guys call yourself a Hardcore gamer? . Please Answer Me!!!!!

CheapyD.

Shut the hell up about LBP. You suck. Go play Saints Row. That game sucks. I love you. =P

Thanks.

But, you always say, "Id rather be playing my other games instead of LBP". What other game? Farcry 2? You dont like that... Left 4 Dead you didn't like that.... Dead Space you don't really play it. What are these magical games that you'd rather be playing than LBP? If the answer is Saints Row, than that's not a problem with LBP that's just your own sick Saints Row fetish you have...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']CheapyD.

Shut the hell up about LBP. You suck. Go play Saints Row. That game sucks.

Thanks.

But, you always say, "Id rather be playing my other games instead of LBP". What other game? Farcry 2? You dont like that... Left 4 Dead you didn't like that.... Dead Space you don't really play it. What are these magical games that you'd rather be playing than LBP? If the answer is Saints Row, than that's not a problem with LBP that's just your own sick Saints Row fetish you have...[/quote]
Eloquently put my friend. You make Einstein look like a pack of dog shit...Oh wait, got mixed up there.

[quote name='cfootball1']Hey guys I love the show however in the past you have called yourselves hardcore gamers because you play allot of video games however my definition of a "Hardcore Gamer" is someone who is a General in halo 3 and who is Gifted at ALL multi player games but all of you suck at multilayer games none of you are even past SGT in halo 3 and you suck at Gears 2 "No Offense" you even admitted to sucking at gears 2 in the past cagcast. So how can you guys call yourself a Hardcore gamer? . Please Answer Me!!!!![/quote]

Assuming by your question you don't know that there are different definitions of "hardcore gamer" by different people, the obvious answer would be that Cheapy and Wombats' definition of "hardcore gamer" is something along the lines of "one whose leisure time is spent mostly immersed in video games through play or study" as opposed to "one who has mastered one or more of the abilities and strategies commonly associated with one or more genre of video game." I myself prefer the former, but there really isn't any industry-wide standardized definition.

[quote name='joem5815']Assuming by your question you don't know that there are different definitions of "hardcore gamer" by different people, the obvious answer would be that Cheapy and Wombats' definition of "hardcore gamer" is something along the lines of "one whose leisure time is spent mostly immersed in video games through play or study" as opposed to "one who has mastered one or more of the abilities and strategies commonly associated with one or more genre of video game." I myself prefer the former, but there really isn't any industry-wide standardized definition.[/quote]

agreed.

hey CheapyD i don't know if you said this in the podcast or not but maybe you should give away a copy of Arcade Mania as a prize for the Charity. that would be awesome!

Indy 4? What is your deal Wombat, you don't get out much do you? Let CheapyD make his own call, I bet he would like it. You have to move beyond world war II once in a while, the cold war theme made sense, aliens were a little far, but hey I can think of worse movies with the number 4. Rocky 4? Lethal Weapon 4? Spiderman 4?

If anything Shia Labeouf made the movie worse, why would any want to cast him in anything, he reminds me of that idiot Justin Long...

[quote name='Wombat']the point about the gamer pics was about them advertising a game, resistance costumes and halo 3 pics are a game ad, transforemer gen 1 pics dont advertise a game.

trust me i took the fall very seriously and was the pediatrician within the hour, and was watched very closely by all of us, you can see how she is doing on my facebook page, i have new video up.

on the PS3 I have completed, MGS4, lego batman, ratchet and clank,unlocked all pain levels, the game I never finished was resistance 1, LBP i am still playing through as I mentioned on the show. MY PS3 get a ton regular playtime in my house.[/quote]

How come you didn't put it up on the cag one? Watching it on your page would require me to be your friend. ;)

bread's done
Back