CAGcast #152: The Adventures of Jewbeard

I couldn't stand Braid. It just wasn't for me, I tried the Demo and it did nothing for me. I listened to Jonathan Blow talk about it and then I hated it more lol. I thought Wombat's joke was a riot personally

[quote name='as50193']I understood the joke you were trying to make, but you just came off as an ignoramus. Sure, his review seems a bit highbrow and pretentious, but it's not hard to read at all, it just seemed you tried to make it seem more complicated that it really was. To review a game like braid, you can't just say "I jumped on stuff and reversed time and solved puzzles A+", his review perfectly describes why it is such a great game(IMO) not in terms gameplay only or story only.

Note: You also said dempth(is that a word?) instead of depth.[/QUOTE]

his review seems a bit highbrow and pretentious, yes that was the joke and the only point i was making. I have no idea where hard to read came from.

[quote name='Wombat']his review seems a bit highbrow and pretentious, yes that was the joke and the only point i was making. I have no idea where hard to read came from.[/quote]
note how I said seems. I think that if you had beaten the game and didn't have pass judgment on the game's creator, you might agree with me.

And the vibe that I got from you guys thinking the review was hard to read came from emphasizing the wrong words with your "accent". I don't know, every time I read that review, I can imagine Mr. Suttner reading it nonchalantly.

Hey im a new listener and I dnot know if this is the right place for this queastion but oh well. Cheapy maybe you have said why but i am wondering why you live in japan. I think it would be a very fun place to visit and i hope to travel there. anyway thanks and great podcast cant wait for more of them.

[quote name='as50193']I understood the joke you were trying to make, but you just came off as an ignoramus. Sure, his review seems a bit highbrow and pretentious, but it's not hard to read at all, it just seemed you tried to make it seem more complicated that it really was. To review a game like braid, you can't just say "I jumped on stuff and reversed time and solved puzzles A+", his review perfectly describes why it is such a great game(IMO) not in terms gameplay only or story only.[/quote]
I didn't get the impression that Wombat found the review complicated, only that it is pretentious.

Hey guys, great show as always this week, but I did want to mention a couple of things. First off, how can you say we aren't putting asses in the seats over at Aeropause. We had a reader call us 3rd rate, which is a step up in our book! Seriously, thanks for the mention.

Secondly, about the ear infections with Tai. My son Seth had about a dozen or more ear infections in his first two years, and just before his second birthday, they recommended him getting tubes in his ears. It cleared things up right away. However, it also made his ears very sensitive to the point that we cannot go to the movies or places that are loud like that.

I'd like to see more price cuts on DLC from Sony and Microsoft. I am a Cheap Ass after all...

Trophies.jpg

[quote name='Super_Cholo']A new PSP just doesn't seem like the smarter move from Sony. Really what is the point? Dragging sales, less than spectacular games, Movies were for the most part pointless. A new PSP will only honestly serve to drag Sony down further.

It is in the same category as the DSi to be honest. What is the old saying... if it ain't broke don't fix it. The DS was fine, I have the DS lite and don't see any reason to move to another. For 2 crappy cameras and a download service. Sounds like a great idea and one that will bring Nintendo more revenue, but at what cost?

The PSP comes with some more additions, but once again at what cost? Higher price point? So maybe you might be happy with a few additional features but where is it going to revolutionize the hand held market and blow the original PSP out of the market?

With a crappy sales and marketing team already in place, look for future sagging sales in the long run and to make up for it, higher prices on everything else.

I hate paying as much as I do already for games and so forth, With an already crappy economy (was laid off too) sales are already taking a hit. Don't take chances when you have an economy that is a long way off from taking an upward turn.[/QUOTE]

The DSL blew away the market with its redesign and price point. A new and improved PSP at the right price point can do the same. Also the PSP is broke, its been pirated too much, PSP has flaws and sometimes products need to be redone and refreshed. PSP isn't going in the most optimal direction... so can't just let the PSP continue do as its doing.

[quote name='mclazyj']Secondly, about the ear infections with Tai. My son Seth had about a dozen or more ear infections in his first two years, and just before his second birthday, they recommended him getting tubes in his ears. It cleared things up right away. However, it also made his ears very sensitive to the point that we cannot go to the movies or places that are loud like that.[/quote]

Same thing happened with my daughter when she was around 2. She kept getting ear infections that would not go away so we finally had tubes put it. The infections went away immediately and she was not sick the entire time they were in. At her last ped appointment, the doctor noted that her ear tubes had fallen out (they do this after 6-12 months typically) - and also noted that she had another ear infection.

My daughter did not seem to have any issues with sensitivity but we never take her any place loud anyway.

If Tai stays sick from the infections, ear tubes could really help. The procedure requires that they put your kid under, but the whole process lasts around 5 - 10 minutes tops.

Great CAGcast, you both were on the ball for everything!

P.S. 3rd cagcast mention in a row, hoping for a fourth ;)

The baby stories are hilarious. Every baby has headbutted, tried to gouge out the eyeballs of, or rip the hair off of their parents. Never heard of kids trying to feed their parents' hair back to them though.:rofl:

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']where's today's show?[/quote]

It'll be up tomorrow, the Shipwrecks mentioned it on todays foreplay.

[quote name='Xavin']That's not really lame... it's his website, he chooses what he puts on it.[/QUOTE]

It still is lame. Only that since it's his website, it just doesn't matter for him :p.

This was your guys' best episode in a long time. The past 3 have been awesome actually.

I totally agree with the other comment about Wombat making fun of Nick Sutner's review of Braid. I actually busted out laughing when I heard that (and that's definitely not something I usually do listening to a podcast). I would put it in the Top 10 All-Time best moments of the CAGcast for sure.

Yay! I got mention on #153! I've really made it now! I'm big time. I'm Frisky Tenukianoid!

[quote name='ianoid']You guys may be on a roll. The podcasts of late are particularly enjoyable. Cheapy vs. Wombat happens to be a great dynamic. Not that it's news to any of us fans.

Since Wombat has gotten his new microphone he's been more professional as a broadcaster. Which is something that I've always wanted in this show.

Wombat's opinions are mostly spot on, and always entertaining. I am happy to see him laying off of the ME ME ME stuff a little bit.

Maybe it's the microphone. Or maybe it's having a family and a youngun, where there is no space for ME ME ME. Or maybe it's the gay job.

I would also like to mention that I have not been able to stomach another video gaming podcast for more than 5 minutes. They all suck. I wish there was one, just one fucking gaming podcast, that had the production values and momentum of the Cagcast. The podcast got me into the cagsite, and reminds me to support the site. Keep it going!

(I have to be a top 200 CAG affiliate buyer- can you (Cheapy) tell who is buying through the site the most?)[/quote]

bread's done
Back