CAGcast #177: Gay Friendly

Another great show.
Keep bringin Shipwreck on, its nice to have him since we dont get a CAG Foreplay.
Keep up the good work. Your the only podcast i listen to now.

Cheapy, you definitely need to listen to "Wait wait don't tell me." It is a great snarky look at news of the week, and news which never should have been made.

[quote name='CheapyD']Awesome costume, mrangrypants! I knew you were Vultan immediately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah not everyone can be as awesome as us. Only one person at the party I went to knew who I was, to everyone else I was a fallen angel.

A horse penis may well be bigger than a dinosaur penis--since it's believed that dinosaurs had genitalia like birds, tucked up inside their cloacas. I'm getting turned on just thinking about it.

[quote name='shadowrep']Good show cheapy! Good to see wombat back on the show as well![/QUOTE]

edited for usage in 7 months.

[quote name='louiedog']You could just not listen. The majority of us come to the CAGcast because we like the personalities of CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck (when he's on). If you just want video game info, stick to the video game blogs like Kotaku and Joystiq. You say no one cares about the other stuff, but you're wrong. You're in the minority. If that wasn't true, the podcast wouldn't be as popular as it is.

This is like a radio show. The hosts are why I listen. I like Cheapy's stories from Japan. I like Wombat's corny jokes. I like that Cheapy shares his personal life with the site. That's where the heart of the show is, in the people who host it. Without all of that I wouldn't care what Wombat thinks about Dragon Age or what Cheapy's driving in Forza 3.[/QUOTE]

Well said. The personalities drive the show. If it was just news it would be as boring as almost every other vg podcast.

I think you should post shipwreck's 2/3rds done reviews. It would be an effective way of making your site different from the rest. "Other sites half-ass it, we use 2-3rds!"

I gotta say, the advice to Wombat to stop playing Uncharted and start on Uncharted 2 was awful. Personally, I prefer U1 to U2, but even if you think U2 is the superior game, U1 is still one of the best PS3 games around and well worth the experience.

Regarding the PSPGo, here are the launches for portable systems over the last 10 years, according to the tracker sinobi, which is really the 3rd preferred tracker after media-create and famitsu, but its what we got:

1998.10.21 (Game Boy Color) - 155,774
2001.03.21 (Game Boy Advance) - 611,504
2003.02.14 (Game Boy Advance SP) - 117,859
2005.09.13 (Game Boy Micro) - 148,117
1998.10.28 (Neo Geo Pocket) - 21,471
1999.03.19 (Neo Geo Pocket Color) - 18,809
1999.03.04 (WonderSwan) - 102,655
2000.12.09 (WonderSwan Color) - 145,975
2002.07.12 (SwanCrystal) - 30,692
2004.11.21 (Nintendo DS) - 441,485
2006.03.02 (Nintendo DS Lite) - 67,653
2008.11.01 (Nintendo DSi) - 170,779
2004.12.12 (PSP-1000) - 166,074
2007.09.20 (PSP-2000) - 263,538
2008.10.16 (PSP-3000) - 155,720
2009.11.01 (PSP go) - 28,275

Note: DSL was supply constrained for a little while after launch.

I like the dynamic with the 3-host format. But I gotta be honest--the show needs more Wombat.

Looking forward to more Dragon Age commentary next week. Cheapy, FFS why do you use condoms? You're a monogamous married guy. Can't you guys get a more adult form of birth control like the pill or an IUD or that thing they stick in a woman's arm? Wombat and Shipwreck, you need to give Cheapy shit about this.

As usual, total enjoyment. The show went fast for me. Which means it had a good flow. Nice work!

I'm still big on the CAG Exchange or EXcHaNgE or exChAnGe.

I have about 200 original Xbox games that I've been saving to list on the Exchange to trade. When, oh when will CAG 2.0 happen? Soon, I hope.

Your airtime discussion of games is precious, even if it's only 3,000 people. Games like the Tornado one and even Borderlands get exposure and probably a significant conversion rate. I can't believe it's only $3k listeners for the best gaming podcast going on.

Just wanted to say I thought this was a great episode and I'm always happy when Shipwreck visits. Also, Wombat is absolutely right: the "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" podcast is in every way excellent. Go get it :)

[quote name='ianoid']Your airtime discussion of games is precious, even if it's only 3,000 people. Games like the Tornado one and even Borderlands get exposure and probably a significant conversion rate. I can't believe it's only $3k listeners for the best gaming podcast going on.[/QUOTE]

13k, not 3k

I still have to finish off the cagcast, but I was involved in an unfortunate car accident and found it humourous as it continued to play on through with your black horse condom discussion. Great podcast and I listen to them all on my commune to work.

First time listener to this podcast, I was looking for a good replacement for 1Up's ListenUP ,since Garnett Lee left the show, and I think I found it.

Great show, you've found a new listener!

[quote name='banodyne']I always had them deliver the coffin. It comes with a pre-printed label.[/QUOTE]

They discontinued coffins, but you can have them send a pre-printed label. That's what I did when mine E74ed.

Great show, loving how the show is devolving into just two grown guys talking about their dicks and wives, listening to earlier episodes Cheapy always sounding kind off queer, but now listening to present epsiodes he is loud and funny as ever, good job keem them cuming.

Great show once again guys! My girlfriend and I were laughing our asses off about Cheapy's dinosaur condom buying experience with Ty.

Keep up the good work guys and keep Shipwreck on, he makes the show that much better. I'm pretty excited for the Black Friday episode, I need something to keep my sanity that day.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, you misspoke at first. CAG Foreplay had more than 3k listeners.[/QUOTE]

yea, Foreplay listener here since day 1. gawd i miss your show :(

Excellent show as always. I like Shipwreck being on the show, sometimes Wombat and Cheapy just don't have enough to say about games and having Shipwreck, who plays more games and keeps up with what's coming out, adds a lot to making the show informative as well as entertaining.

I can't believe that you guys only have 3000 downloads. This podcast is the best thing out there.

And David I'm very disappointed in you. That you didn't plug the Cagcast on Stern. You guys should be up at pop25000 easy? You should be ashamed!

I think you two need to go back so that you can plug your websites. And Ship too. How do you think Ship would respond to being in the Studio?

Wow.....
In an episode that brought us horse dick condoms and rubber vaginas......the title somehow ends up being 'gay friendly.' Are you kidding me? In all fairness I think next weeks show should encompass one or both the aforementioned topics.

p.s. - play my theme song entry sometime

put me down for the bayonetta OST if picked...if selectable....

You talk about $60 being a high price for new games... Here in Norway (and this is not kidding) a new game with todays changerates between Norwegian Krone against USD is prised around $105 ..... Hot games could be pressed down to around $87 and a few exeptional times around $70 if some companies makes a point on being cheap.

I also work for a Norwegian company that sells games, and the gross margin is certanly not high with these prices... On games around £70 we mainly loose money with a negative gross margin.

Dragon Age for me feels like a total Mass Effect rip off. Except this time BioWare didn't bother to make cut-scenes for my Character's dialogue and instead of Sci-Fi we're in a fantasy backdrop. Rather than telling everybody "I'm a Spectre," I'm now saying "I'm a Grey Warden." Also, I haven't made it to that section yet, but I'm pretty sure any time now I'll be deciding whether to bang Morrigan or Wynne... (btw, I'll stick it in Morrigan)

Alister = Kaiden
Sten = Wrex
Morrigan = Ashley
Leliana (think that's her name) = Liara

(and don't forget the evil force that came and killed lots of people long ago and now is back... reapers/geth or the blight/darkspawn?)

I was enjoying the game at first but the farther in I get the cheaper it feels... Can't wait to hear what you guys think when you have more play time.

***Update: I'm a few more hours in than when I wrote this and the game has gotten a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipwreck is a great addition to the show and would love to have him on every show. Cheapy and Wombat you two do a great job every week and are very funny. You two play less games and remind me of myself and the amount of game time I get in. Its great to have shipwreck on the show to give that hardcore video game information and talk that the show is needing at times.

I got quite a few looks on the way to class today when I couldn't stop laughing at the rubber vagina and horse condom comments. Love the podcast guys- put me up for the Bayonetta OST!

EDIT: Oh, and I can't believe I forgot- I'm extremely sorry for your loss Wombat. I hope you and your family are recovering well.

Great show, though I don't agree with your stance on the IW video but who cares, thats what opinions are, opinions. Modern warfare 2 drops tonight, and I can't wait to play. Everyone wants the bayonetta OST...me too.

[quote name='john8686']I don't get it. Is this a social show? Like a book club for games? 2 hours? I listened to about 4 of these and I can't seem to finish them. I want to hear about the games and what you guys think of them. I don't want to listen to 3 guys talk about their personal lives, eating hamburgers, farting, and talking about nonsense that no one cares about. And whats with all the reviews on the lamest DS games? The section where you talk about the games is valued by me, I just wish I didn't have to sift through this drivel to get to it. Maybe bookmarks or chapters so we can listen to just what we want to listen to?[/QUOTE]

I guess the CAGcast isn't for you. Try Giant Bomb, Joystiq or the IGN podcast then. Most of us love the CAGcast.

On the last show, Cheapy mentioned how as gamers, we're all basically screwed due to the probability of us all getting carpal tunnel.
Should we just accept it? It's worse for the current generation especially, who are growing up with video games. Is this a serious problem for the gaming industry, and if so, why hasn't there been any talk about it?

Oh and as of today, Wednesday 11th 2009, since the first podcast, you have averaged one podcast every 8.808 days.

[quote name='Smuglittleman']Shipwreck, I had the exact same problem of not being able to print the return label when I went to send in my 360 in for repair. I tried 3 different browsers on 2 different computers.

I just deleted the return and did it over again and requested that MS mail me the label. It took over 2 weeks just to get the label but it worked.[/QUOTE]

One of my coworkers just went through this, trying to send her sons xbox back.
After a week of calls about the problem, she finally got a person on the other end that new what the problem is. Somehow 2 numbers got transposed somewhere in the zip. The CS person said it happens a lot. From what she said, there's two areas your address is listed and if there's one thing that does not match up the whole thing gets messed up. Double check spellings and numbers. Once she fixed the numbers the label came through fine.

Hope this helps someone.

I second gokieks. Keep the recommendations coming Wombat.

This was a really great show.

Cheapy when you said your listener numbers go down to 11, you meant 11 individuals eh? not 11 thousand :p

Love that 'Cast, as always. The condom story was funny. I'm very glad to have Shipwreck back on the show, it's nice to have the three of you. I know how Shipwreck feels with the 3/4 of a review done. I've had a review for Mirror's Edge written up for my site, but haven't yet actually gone out of my way to finish it, and I have like, 4 more games sitting around waiting for me to actually start writing about. looking forward to hearing about Dragon Age from Wombat once he's played more.
Also, Loved the discussion about DJ hero. I'd been wanting to hear more about it, and now that I know it's in you guy's good graces, I'm excited for it. And Cheapy, thankyou for giving us your input on Bayonetta. I'm even more sold on the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back