CAGcast #191: Motion Fighters

Great show. All three of you were in fine form, although I may be biased because I engaged in a little dipping the morning before listening to the show. Incidentally, my wife wants Cheapy's bathtub.

A couple of points:

Shipwreck is worried about Sega releasing too many games so early in the year, but I think that's actually a wise move on their part. Yes, pumping out an endless string of games doesn't exactly bode well for the quality of each of those titles, but Atlus has been doing just that for years and I know Ship's a big fan of their titles. Additionally, if you're going to flood the market, the first quarter is the time to do it, allowing you to avoid the glut of A-list titles that hit in the summer and between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So maybe Sega's crazy like a two-tailed fox.

Cheapy, meanwhile, was lamenting that no one is calling bullshit on the PS3 Move, but Chris Kohler of WIRED filed a very skeptical assessment from GDC, and I'm sure there were others.

Keep up the good work!

UH! The PS Move is such a terrible idea and in typical Sony fashion is being handled even worse. I agree Cheapy, if this it the direction gamingis going then count me out. Between shitbox, BM and standard Wii games it's going to be one boring E3.

Also, BoatCrash is sport on, Jeff Gershtman (sp?) is entertaing but he has a terrible taste in games.

[quote name='rick1000']Good show but I WANT THE CAGS ON NEWS THEME SONG[/QUOTE]

Here here! How I do miss that theme song.

great show again.
the god of war segment had laughing out loud at the gym.

when the move come out i plan on going to a best buy or gamestop to troll a little. ill ask them for the black sony wii mote. fun times should be had.

PS it'd be easy to identify cheapys zombie in the tweet game cause his w/ me the on w/ the o face...specially if he sounds like that ingame

I don't know if I should of been offended by the whole "Gamestop FFXIII" skit as I occasionally play RPG's. I was leaning towards yes until I remembered that the people hosting are 2 Jewish guys and Boatcrash all whom either have handfuls of nerdy interests like comic books, robocop, GI-Joes, Transformers, etc. It's a dweeb calling another guy a dork, either way we're all in the same boat. Fun show and I hope I win the card.

As a listener from show #1, I can honestly say that this show had my favorite CAGCast moment ever. It also had my least favorite moment ever.

My favorite moment was when Wombat announced that CAGCast 191 would be his last episode.
My least favorite moment was when I realized it was a joke.

Good show, guys. :)

Regarding the Playstation Move contest, I don't think you should go the anus shoving route. Instead, make people record a video of them buying and breaking the PS Move in a creative way, and then it will be a lawsuit free contest- as well as an entertaining one.

I've listened to the cagcast since december of 08 and I have never missed an episode but I've never felt the need need to post anything until now. I really dont understand why people are hating on wombat and making it seem like there is this on going contest between shipwreck and wombat. while it is true that the cagcast is the best it has ever been since shipwreck has joined it doesnt mean that he is a replacement for wombat in any way. It means that the three of you have a great dynamic that keeps me listening week after week. So Thanks guys. And to Wombat-six simple words: im not gay but ill learn.

The Original Gamer OG Eric
6egamer.com
Itunes search 6egamer

really enjoying this episode, cheapy just said "i love penis" and i kind of want to cut it out and make a techno remix out of it. i wont, because im a fucking lazy slob, but i want to.

Hey Cheapy, in response to the whole "gay" gamertag thing. Being a gay person myself, I don't think people usually post that stuff in their gamertag anyway. I think when playing games you are a gamer, and most people don't feel the need to shout to the world their sexual orientation, regardless of who they are. It just doesn't matter online, unless you are looking for a date.

Great show as usual guys and yes FF 13 starts getting broader as soon as you pop in the second disc.

Wombat,

I am going to have to disagree with you wholeheartedly on the God OF War Franchise.

There are many AAA and game companies that wait 3 years in between games (Zelda, Mario, Halo, MGS, FF just to name a few) and I don't think that you can say that those companies "mishandled" the game franchise.

I don't think we should be ripping apart Sony for letting one, and only one team, make a game for the franchise (although they did let a team do a PSP one).

I like the fact that they rather wait and take the time to make sure the game is done right they try to rush it out.

Wombat, Cheapyd and Shipwreck have you seen those LED HDTVs with built in Dvd players? well I was wondering what if sony or any other company made a TV where it had a built in console with the HD (some tvs Ive read have HDs in them already and even enternet) Do you guys think this will ever happend.
oh by the way good show

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why everyone hates wombat and his slammin' ass for not liking chime :/ he didn't like the game but that doesn't mean everyone should get on his case about it.
Besides that I loved the Move discussion and the rest of the episode :)

Enjoyed the show but disagreed on the Yakuza 3 and Final Fantasy XIII discussion. I've had a lot of fun with the new battle and grid system. They took a new direction in the series and I thought it turned out quite well.

I really didn't like the single player campaign in Bad Company 2. It felt soulless and at least for me incredibly frustrating. The team AI is useless, you die easily even on easy, enemies have near God-like aim with any weapon (this is most true with shotguns), and destruction isn't even as prominent as it was in the first game. I'd tell anyone who plans to pick this up to skip the single player and go straight to the multiplayer. The auto aim will throw you off big time moving from single to multi, so turn it off if you do play single player.

Great show as always. Suggestion, after the new releases segment how about giving us a preview of what is coming out in the upcoming week as well.

From the sound of things you guys got screwed over by that Amazon Marvel Omnibus deal. That $25 seems to be hush money because if you had contact someone like the Better Business Bureau they would have forced Amazon to sell you the Omnibus for the price listed. You can't sell someone something because mistakenly listed something for the wrong price.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Wombat,

I am going to have to disagree with you wholeheartedly on the God OF War Franchise.

There are many AAA and game companies that wait 3 years in between games (Zelda, Mario, Halo, MGS, FF just to name a few) and I don't think that you can say that those companies "mishandled" the game franchise.

I don't think we should be ripping apart Sony for letting one, and only one team, make a game for the franchise (although they did let a team do a PSP one).

I like the fact that they rather wait and take the time to make sure the game is done right they try to rush it out.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The decision was to make GOW 2 for PS2 instead of PS3. This title kept the PS2 alive and boosted PS2 sales a good bit in 2007. I think Sony made more money going this way, and then more sales last year with the GOW collection.

Enjoyed the podcast. A few thoughts:

I still feel like you guys are so nitpicky when it comes to PS3 games. Shipwreck's complaining about GOW graphics? Cmon, it's an amazing game. I don't see why you have to hunt and find something to gripe about.

Cheapy, keep those rants coming on project shitbox and PS motion. It also pisses me off that E3 is going to revolve around this crap, and I think you are right on the money that the average customer doesn't want this. We just want great games, not great devices. Tony Hawk Ride is proof of this.

I am soooooo glad I did not buy Beatles: Rock Band for $250. I need to check Target for it. $62 is amazing. I would buy it even it were $99 but not higher. Thanks for the tip :cool:

Wombat, quick tip for Just Cause 2 and shooting yourself skyward on fuel canisters.
Its' easiest if you grapple to the top of the canister, aim down, shoot, and in the air you go.

Its also fun to attach enemies to them and watch them fly around, that takes some careful timing.

Great show again guys.

Great show once again guys, I loved the well deserved hate towards Sony's shit stick. I know you guys are generally against motion control in general and I agree, that the industry is going in the complete wrong direction but what features would your perfect motion controls have and what would they do, let the dirty jokes commence.

Half way through CAGcast #191 and I'm also against this Playstation Move. Don't agree with the contest though lol. I really hope that PlayStation and Microsoft don't ruin gaming with trying to get some of Nintendo Wii market share.

Apparently MS want Natal to "own the Holiday Season", I hope and suspect they will be disappointed.

Great Show guys, really enjoyed it.

I have to say that I do prefer Shipwreck over Wombat, and he can be VERY annoying at times, but it'd be just a tad bit awkward if they remove Wombat from the show completely.

Wombat Wombat Wombat.

[quote name='VentureJ']I have to say that I do prefer Shipwreck over Wombat, and he can be VERY annoying at times, but it'd be just a tad bit awkward if they remove Wombat from the show completely.

Wombat Wombat Wombat.[/QUOTE]
Wombat can be annoying occasionally, but I think the CAGcast would be pretty dull without him.

Anyone else find it a little weird that these guys spend their lives playing video games then imitate gamestop employees? no hate towards either party, just the pot calling the kettle black.

Cheapy's hatred for the motion controllers is awesome. Glad that you are honest about your feelings to them instead of sugar coating everything like most other people are doing.

It sucks that none of you guys went to GDC to tryout the new games. Next week's show will be less interesting.

Great show you guys I've been listening to you guys for a long time. I really enjoy what you talk about in the show. I really hope no one shoves a move controller up their butt. That would be really horrendous, can you image the warning labels after that happens? Keep up the great show!

[quote name='as50193']It sucks that none of you guys went to GDC to tryout the new games. Next week's show will be less interesting.[/QUOTE]

Besides the Move was there really anything interesting there for consumers?

I have been digging the show and the site. Especially like the trades, but I have been getting rejected by everyone. Perhaps you can spend some time with doing some trade recomedations on how not to get denied but not to get ripped off either.

yeah, I thought you were saying moon. Move is hilarious from PSP go-> move. I like the extended game idea also, you guys should do that more often regardless of who has not played because if you're worried about spoilers jsut b/c you 3 have played doesn't mean others have.

I wanted to ask you guys if you thought they were dropping the price of Ac2 b/c you thought they were going to make a GOTY edition?
I also think as a prize boatcrash should pick a (not-so) random CAG teenage girl to help him host the foreplay jk.

In all seriousness, why don't you just pick a CAG with criteria they own both 360/PS3 and forget about wii etc.

Good show I have 1 final thought. In the bombcast they have been talking about a time-travelling Abe Lincoln game, with JWB's brain as a heckling sidekick, would you play it?

bread's done
Back