CAGcast #229: Throw Wombat from the Train

[quote name='yobak3r']Cheapys getting bored, Wombat is butt hurt everytime Cheapy jokes around, and Shipwreck... Actually Ships fine...

Worst part is that a mediocre Cagcast is still the best podcast out there, so I'll be listening no matter what.. :p

Still though. Wombat really needs to chill out. Cheapys just playing around. No need to be like "thats not nice. Aww ur hurting my feelings". Its starting to get like that E3 cagcast (the most ridiculously sensitive reaction to ballbusting ever). Learn how to take a joke.[/QUOTE]

Wombat has a right to be upset. They aren't jokes. They are personal attacks. Deep down Cheapy feels that the only way that Wombat gets into these are because of him. Once there in Cheapy's mind Wombat is doing the wrong thing accepting the free stuff and focusing on the food.

Cheapy thinks he's the Howard Stern of his field and is upset that Jackie Martling is having way too much fun while he can't. Cheapy needs to think of Wombat as Robin and not Jackie.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah but in that e3 cagcast he got royaly raped by cheapy and shipwreck over how its "unprofessional" to take free stuff and now any time he mentions getting any cheapy starts up on him again. its pretty hyprocritical for a number of reasons more than that though who the fuck wouldnt take free shit if offered?

its one thing if you go from booth to booth begging for free stuff but if its given to you why say no ? like someone else mentioned hes taking time out to go to these thiings and bring back info from them for the show which is more than cheapy does when hes not whining about being lonely or wishing he could get high.

add to that the fact the guy has his wife right next to him when theyre starting in on him and who wouldnt take it personal or get defensive?[/QUOTE]

I hear you. But they were just busting his balls. Thats all. They thought it was funny so they got on him a little. Wombat does the same thing whenever Cheapy says something stupid or unintentionally racist. Wombat made it a way bigger deal than it had to be. Who wouldnt get defensive or take it personally? CHEAPY OR SHIPWRECK. they seem to actually get the idea of being able to dish it AND take it.

That E3 podcast wasnt about womnat taking free stuff, that was just part of it. At one point he actually got INSULTED because Cheapy wouldnt say he loved him. They almost never see eachother. It was so ridiculous.

Anyway, we all know Wombat kicks ass. It would just be nice if he didnt be such a downer everytime theres some friendly ribbing.

[quote name='GOTA']Wombat has a right to be upset. They aren't jokes. They are personal attacks. Deep down Cheapy feels that the only way that Wombat gets into these are because of him. Once there in Cheapy's mind Wombat is doing the wrong thing accepting the free stuff and focusing on the food.

Cheapy thinks he's the Howard Stern of his field and is upset that Jackie Martling is having way too much fun while he can't. Cheapy needs to think of Wombat as Robin and not Jackie.[/QUOTE]

They arent personal attacks. Thats ridiculous. Wombat calling Cheapy a racist is closer to a personal attack than that. Cheapy may believe taking free stuff is wrong, but hes not out to humiliate Wombat because of that. If he was, then he would be DESTROYING Wombat every time he gets facts wrong (which is pretty often) instead of just making a small joke and then moving on like he does.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Cheapy thinking hes Howard Stern. He seems pretty aware of how small he is in the gaming world. And its not like he thinks his podcast is the be all end all, as shown in the nerdist podcast discussion. Im not sure where you get the idea he thinks that.

Man cag listeners have some wacky theories...

Anyways, if you want an easy way to get new listener's have a contest and make the entry requirement that we review the cagcast on itunes. Also, mention undead labs zombie xbox games that are in development! I wanna hear your thoughts on it as well as piss off the ps3 fans a bit more.

[quote name='Ltor']Man cag listeners have some wacky theories...

Anyways, if you want an easy way to get new listener's have a contest and make the entry requirement that we review the cagcast on itunes. Also, mention undead labs zombie xbox games that are in development! I wanna hear your thoughts on it as well as piss off the ps3 fans a bit more.[/QUOTE]

The ticket system they do now is horrible. Especially when people who don't even visit this site are one post deep and win 360's. I highly doubt those guy's ever came back to be regular users or podcast listeners. And if you are a regular visitor of the forum and the site and win these contests, then I congratulate you. Everyone else is a opportunist and it screws over the people who've actually been here the longest and feel like they actually contribute something to this community.

Qualifiers should either be X number of years on the site, or X number of posts before you can actually be considered a member of the site. Sure keep doing the ticket system, but weed out the noobs. And yes, I am coming off as an elitist.

I agree with GTmaster39, there should be some kind of qualification or an extra bonus for dedicated CAGs. Admittedly, the suggestions given probably exclude me, but that's fine. The loyal members who use the site and listen to the podcasts should be rewarded in some way. I suggest a two tier system of some kind using GTmaster39's ideas with some exceptions, tier 1 members get one ticket max for the ticket system, while the tier 2 members get the current normal amount. I would most likely fit in with the tier 1, but the loyalty bonus should be something that is earned.

As for the Sony "bashing", I'm fine with it and I'm a Sony fan. :) It's not true bashing as reasons are actually given, so it's criticism. Sony has screwed up a lot these years, I would be blind not to see that. Suing hackers, not pirates, being one of the big mistakes. Sony also tried to take down a hacker of their robot animals, he was not pirating anything there! About the PSN server download speeds, I have some evidence that Sony will actually throttle the bandwidth during certain hours of the day. You can prove this by using the download accelerator option of most download managers (FDM, as an example) since it will make multiple connections to a server with different segments.

I'll give my experience as an example. I recently got Uncharted 1 and there was an update for it. I tried to download it with the PS3 during the evening (Pacific Time), but it was going at a snail's pace, about 5 kb/s if I had to guess. I got the direct link for the update, and it was still slow on my PC, but using the "accelerator" mode each connection got about 5 kb/s. I had about 5 connections, so the total download speed was about 25 kb/s. Still slow, but way better than using the PS3 only. Getting the game update from my PC to the PS3 was a chore by itself, but that's another story.

However, the PSN bandwidth throttling isn't too bad in the morning hours.

I really liked the in-depth spoiler-filled discussions at the end of the episodes. Not all games (in fact, not many games) are worth discussing for that long, but for the few truly excellent titles that come out every year it's exciting to get some real depth of conversation. Not many podcasts do that.

[quote name='Wombat']I just relistened to the name dropping segment and I think you missed the point. There were 2 things I wanted to do;

1. Highlight some people you may not know like Russ, Tracey & Chris. Not me wanting to feel cool, but the opposite, making others feel cool.

2. To lead Cheapy into talking about HipHopGamer, because that makes Cheapy happy.

Knowing this re-listen to the segment, and let me know what you think.[/QUOTE]

Giving it a second listen I definitely can see where you were coming from Wombat. However, without that perspective, it came across "live" the way I mentioned previously.

As stated previously, I am a fan and I personally found your excitement over last year's E3 to be the perfect reason to listen to and support someone like you. I guess what I was trying to convey was that I don't want you to try so hard to be accepted that you alienate your following.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment on the things I said.

Maybe it's because I'm younger and/or enjoy competition, but it's weird hearing Shipwreck saying how MvC3 has a lot of advanced things that he won't bother with, or when CheapyD said the controls for NBA 2k11 are too complex. If anything, that's where you get your money's worth: learning the game and playing it competitively (maybe not even against other people, but just challenging yourself). And in all honestly, it's not that difficult to learn and understand (considering you put a lot of time into the game as is).

There's a lot of excuses that can be thrown out: don't have time, I'm just a casual gamer, etc... but then saying it's not worth $xx.xx amount or it's not a good game because it lacks this and this, isn't fair. Not saying you guys said specifically said this (well, you might've), but there are reviewers out there that do this alllll the time, especially with fighting games. And sports games. Well, I guess any game that can be labeled as competitive. These games thrive on the gameplay aspect. Then there are other games, for example Phoenix Wright, where the gameplay isn't really the shining star/sucks balls, but moreover the story is what really grabs people.

I just thought I'd put it out there...

bread's done
Back