CAGcast #232: More Than Serviceable

When I heard Cheapy talking about the quake (before the 8.9 one that has since occurred) that made his building wobble for 4 minutes, and he said something along the lines of "you'll know when shit hits the fan" I burst out laughing. Does this make me evil?

[quote name='TC']Cheapy do you know this guy?

[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's like asking if all black people know each other.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Lol, that's like asking if all black people know each other.[/QUOTE]

but... they're both bald!

[quote name='dohmai']
So I just wanted to clear that up.. I can speak and write in English! I got a 1520 on my SAT I when it was out of 1600 (before the writing component which changed the score to max 2400 as it is today). I went to Berkeley where I majored in.. you guessed it.. English! Then I attend Columbia University where I received my Master's in.. yep.. English! And three guesses as to what my current profession is... yep I drive a truck!
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thanks for clearing that up for me (the 1600 vs 2400 thing). I keep seeing all these what I thought were high scores thrown around (I didn't listen to the podcast so I don't know the source of all of this) and I was somewhat surprised. Of course, to me it is and always has been out of 1600. So, people are talking about 1300 or 1500 out of 2400? That gets you into college nowadays? Really?

Anyway, not much point here except that I did not know the scoring had changed and I'm procrastinating doing my real work. Oh yeah, and I also went to Berkeley and had a similar score (won't say exactly what ;)). What was odd about the SAT was that I screwed up the first time and retook it - got exactly the same math score, but bumped my verbal by 100. In any case, that was enough to get me into Cal, which, at the time, was virtually free (I hear it is way crazy expensive now). I applied all over the country and did not have to take the ACT - that was kind of an oddball test back then that I was aware of, but wasn't something anyone I knew ever took.

In any case, I'm thinking about this stuff again for the first time in a long time since I have a daughter who is 4 years from college and 4 more kids after her. I may have to sell all my games and systems just to afford one textbook for each of them...

[quote name='io']:
In any case, I'm thinking about this stuff again for the first time in a long time since I have a daughter who is 4 years from college and 4 more kids after her. I may have to sell all my games and systems just to afford one textbook for each of them...[/QUOTE]

Vasectomies sure do pay for them selfs, there really needs to be an episode of mad money on how much profit they generate.

[quote name='X BRO 420']Vasectomies sure do pay for them selfs, there really needs to be an episode of mad money on how much profit they generate.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really are an asset to CAG. I predict you will have a long and productive stay here!

[quote name='X BRO 420']I got a 1580 on my SAT. I just got a college acceptance letter today in the mail. Suck it nerds.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='X BRO 420']Even if that were true it would mean I still got more action then you ever will.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='X BRO 420']LOL English majors almost as bad as going to college to study art or womens studies. Thank god I'm smart enough to get a degree that actually advances you in life.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='X BRO 420']Yeah you wasted your college education big time bro. should have studied something better.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='X BRO 420']Vasectomies sure do pay for them selfs, there really needs to be an episode of mad money on how much profit they generate. [/QUOTE]

Wow, you really are an asset to CAG. I predict you will have a long and productive stay here!

Well, that didn't take long. Shrike figured out he was the return of a previously banned user so he's now gone again. He wasn't going to last long anyway, previously banned user or not :lol:.

Now maybe tonight I'll listen to this here podcast - it has been a long time since I listened to one.

I am not a fanboy of PS3 but, I hate that others are saying for PS3 fanboys to shut-up!
Voice your opinion when u think ur right. Wombat U should definitely reply to my email it has the Brink comments.

Cheapy, I know you take a lot of abuse on these boards so I want to make it clear that I respect you as a person and appreciate your work.

That said, you can't be that surprised to find that Wombat and Shipwreck are - by only one metric - "smarter" than you when you make no secret of your appreciation for shock humor (including Howard Stern) and spend the entire pokemon segment making up phallic pokemon names.

Congratulations on your Saint's Row 3 role, by the way. I can't wait to play it, and I promise to try not to kill any pedestrians with your voice. :)

OMG, Between Wombat's Bill Cosby "Pokeman" and cheapyd's robodong, you guys had me rolling on the floor during shipwreck's Pokeman White review. Great show as always guys. My only feedback is I wish there was more of it.

bread's done
Back