CAGcast #232: More Than Serviceable

Cheapy,
I just went through the process of upgrading my PS3 hard drive. One thing you should know is that some games' save data does not transfer directly (such as the Little Big Planets, Assassin's Creed II [Not Brotherhood], DJ Hero [1]).
Also [IMPORTANT], you WILL have to re-install everyone of your games again on the new hard drive to play them. That's all, otherwise, everything goes fairly smoothly.
But if you use the new Cloud Save, I'm sure most (if not all) of your saves will carry over.
Good luck!

I guess Cheapy has enough expendable money to afford a 3DS for as little as he'll actually use it, though I guess I should've expected it since he loves 3D now. I wouldn't be surprised if the first two shows that he's had one are the last for at least a month or more before he gets a reason to talk about something new that he's played.

I'm also surprised that Shipwreck actually beat Pokemon, as he doesn't even bother with games that have a lot of content.

I'm guessing that you guys got the news about the perfect game in MLB 2K11 from Joystiq, as they misreported the hell out of that story. The guy, who is better known as pro wrestler Stevie Richards, wasn't seriously trying to get a perfect game for the contest, as he knew the contest didn't start yet and wasn't following any of the rules (didn't tape the entire game from system startup and was playing on easy) since he was just playing for fun. So Joystiq just came up with the "He tried so hard to get a perfect game and was screwed over by 2K Sports" angle to fool everybody into thinking an injustice was committed, which they've been doing that a lot lately.

I don't see that story or anything else in the link dump, so you guys really need to make use of that part of the post to let people know what stories you're talking about, what games you talk about, and any sites you mention that people may not hear correctly or know the address.

Never had a problem with the driving line in GT5. Once you drive enough in racing sims, it's not hard to understand how to efficiently drive around a track without a driving line telling you everything.

Cheapy, you only need to back-up the hard drive to an external HDD (delete installs first) and then put a new HDD in and restore to that HDD.

You'll have to upgrade iPads when the games start taking advantage of the iPad 2 and become unplayable on the original iPad, Shipwreck.

Decent show.

[quote name='skadave']It is obvious that Shipwreck does not have a kid cause there is NO WAY a three year old would enjoy dance central. You have to remember that in order to play a kinect game the person needs to stand in a particular spot for an extended period of time. A three year old will go to that spot, play the game for 10 seconds and then run around the room like a spaz. Plus the kinect is not very forgiving so a child (like my 3 year old daughter) will get frustrated pretty quickly. I have tried playing the kinect with my daughter with little success, she is just too young and impatient.

I am looking forward to the Sesame Street kinect game but i am a little concerned that the audience it is for might be too young to play it. The fact that Tim Schafer has children gives me some faith that he knows what he is doing. We shall see.[/QUOTE]

Dance Central also doesn't have a great young kids vibe to it.

And KInect is a pain in the ass to setup/configure/calibrate for kids. Try to tell a 4 yr old to move into the imaginary squares on the floor and stand still for a minute. You can't step into the camera view to guide him.

[quote name='shipwreck']1. I don't really play first-person shooters online much so my comments are entirely on the single player campaign.

2. Killzone 2 is one of my favorite first-person shooters of this generation. It's my second favorite PS3 exclusive behind Uncharted 2.

3. Killzone 3 would look worse on the 360 as the 360 has never produced graphics of Killzone 3's caliber.

4. IMO, Killzone 3 suffers by mirroring the campaign after the COD Old Spice school of game design. (Now I'm in a Mech suit, now I'm in snow world, now I'm using a turret on a hovercraft, now I'm in a jungle, now I'm being stealthy, now I have a jet pack). Throw in the multiple jumps forward and back in the timeline and the storytelling becomes muddled in random action sequences.

5. Killzone 3 is a good game. Like nearly every other big title that has come out this year, it deserves its 85 Metascore. When Killzone 2 released in 2009, it garnered a Metacritic rating of 91, so I don't think I'm insane or alone in preferring Killzone 2 over Killzone 3.

6. I bought Killzone 3 with my own money because I wanted to play the game on the PlayStation 3 which I bought with my own money because I wanted to play PlayStation 3 games.[/QUOTE]

7. PS3 Sucks

8. Nintendo is horrible

;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess Cheapy has enough expendable money to afford a 3DS for as little as he'll actually use it, though I guess I should've expected it since he loves 3D now. I wouldn't be surprised if the first two shows that he's had one are the last for at least a month or more before he gets a reason to talk about something new that he's played.

I'm also surprised that Shipwreck actually beat Pokemon, as he doesn't even bother with games that have a lot of content.

I'm guessing that you guys got the news about the perfect game in MLB 2K11 from Joystiq, as they misreported the hell out of that story. The guy, who is better known as pro wrestler Stevie Richards, wasn't seriously trying to get a perfect game for the contest, as he knew the contest didn't start yet and wasn't following any of the rules (didn't tape the entire game from system startup and was playing on easy) since he was just playing for fun. So Joystiq just came up with the "He tried so hard to get a perfect game and was screwed over by 2K Sports" angle to fool everybody into thinking an injustice was committed, which they've been doing that a lot lately.

I don't see that story or anything else in the link dump, so you guys really need to make use of that part of the post to let people know what stories you're talking about, what games you talk about, and any sites you mention that people may not hear correctly or know the address.

Never had a problem with the driving line in GT5. Once you drive enough in racing sims, it's not hard to understand how to efficiently drive around a track without a driving line telling you everything.

Cheapy, you only need to back-up the hard drive to an external HDD (delete installs first) and then put a new HDD in and restore to that HDD.

You'll have to upgrade iPads when the games start taking advantage of the iPad 2 and become unplayable on the original iPad, Shipwreck.

Decent show.[/QUOTE]

you seem very angry

i thought it was a very good show

[quote name='bredbu']you seem very angry

i thought it was a very good show[/QUOTE]
You assume wrong. You know what happens when you assume?

[quote name='shipwreck']1. I don't really play first-person shooters online much so my comments are entirely on the single player campaign.

2. Killzone 2 is one of my favorite first-person shooters of this generation. It's my second favorite PS3 exclusive behind Uncharted 2.

3. Killzone 3 would look worse on the 360 as the 360 has never produced graphics of Killzone 3's caliber.

4. IMO, Killzone 3 suffers by mirroring the campaign after the COD Old Spice school of game design. (Now I'm in a Mech suit, now I'm in snow world, now I'm using a turret on a hovercraft, now I'm in a jungle, now I'm being stealthy, now I have a jet pack). Throw in the multiple jumps forward and back in the timeline and the storytelling becomes muddled in random action sequences.

5. Killzone 3 is a good game. Like nearly every other big title that has come out this year, it deserves its 85 Metascore. When Killzone 2 released in 2009, it garnered a Metacritic rating of 91, so I don't think I'm insane or alone in preferring Killzone 2 over Killzone 3.

6. I bought Killzone 3 with my own money because I wanted to play the game on the PlayStation 3 which I bought with my own money because I wanted to play PlayStation 3 games.[/QUOTE]

I think your post is just a fabrication of lies. First of all we all know you hate Sony too much to even have a PS3, and secondly I'm pretty sure you just looked at a screenshot and then decided it sucked right after that.

Bet you also sent Sony a hate e-mail and and cc'd it to Microsoft to show them your loyalty and support.

Cheapy, don't bother with the HD swapout on your PS3....Just pick up a new slim and then transfer your files and trade your old PS3 into sofmap. The slims are super quiet and by this stage, the odds are your controller battery is on a downward slope as well, so fix both problems and get a much bigger hard drive in one step. If they are paying top dollar for BC PS3 systems, why not get on that while your system is still in fully working condition?

Just wanted to say that it is nice to hear cheapy and his family are ok. I honestly can't imagine going through an earthquake that powerful. My thoughts are with all the people of Japan and other nations dealing with both the quake and the tsunami.

Guys the SAT/ACT have been around forever, I graduated high school back in 1986 in the Chicago area, and took both. The college I was going to only used the ACT as part of their evaluation process for acceptance not the SAT.

Holy $hit!! What were the chances that Tokyo would get hit by both an 8.9 magnitude EARTHQUAKE and a TSUNAMI?!?!?! There's only one thing that can simulatneously cause these two events ---- GODZILLA!!! He must have jumped out of the ocean (causing the TSUNAMI) and landed on Tokyo (causing the EARTHQUAKE).

CHEAPY!! YOU AND YOUR FAMIRY NEED TO REAVE NOW!! GODZIRRA IS ARIVE!!!!!

Cheapy, in all honesty, I'll be praying everyone in Japan and I hope you are not offended by my humor. . . . I'm sure it made Wombat raugh!! ROR!!!!

[quote name='K_G']Cheapy, don't bother with the HD swapout on your PS3....Just pick up a new 360 slim and then transfer your files and trade your old PS3 in for credit. The slims are super quiet and by this stage, the odds are the RROD are on a downward slope as well, so fix both problems and get a much bigger hard drive in one step. If they are paying top dollar for BC PS3 systems, why not get on that while your system is still in fully working condition?[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Wait a second... A game called "Killzone 3" was supposed to have a plot? I thought the randomness of killing space Nazis in various stereoscropic 3D zones was the whole point of Killzone 3D. :whistle2:k

Either way, I had a blast playing it and I really don't disagree with anything you're saying. Being the first Killzone game I ever really played, I just didn't expect anything other than a big spetacle of a shooter whose story only served as a device to kill more space Nazis.

It does suck that some people ran into some bad bugs. The only bug I experienced was when one of my helper dudes wouldn't get out of cover to open a door so I could go kill more space Nazis. I killed that lazy bastard and brought him back to life. Oddly enough, that seemed to work and I went on with my game. :lol:

I did find it kinda odd that the entire Nazi planet apparently has only one space Nazi woman who may or may not already be dead by the start of the game since she only appears in one random flashback. Not that I really care, she should be dead now.

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']Holy $hit!! What were the chances that Tokyo would get hit by both an 8.9 magnitude EARTHQUAKE and a TSUNAMI?!?!?! There's only one thing that can simulatneously cause these two events ---- GODZILLA!!! He must have jumped out of the ocean (causing the TSUNAMI) and landed on Tokyo (causing the EARTHQUAKE).

CHEAPY!! YOU AND YOUR FAMIRY NEED TO REAVE NOW!! GODZIRRA IS ARIVE!!!!!

Cheapy, in all honesty, I'll be praying everyone in Japan and I hope you are not offended by my humor. . . . I'm sure it made Wombat raugh!! ROR!!!![/QUOTE]

I know you were making a joke, but you know earthquakes create tsunamis on a regular basis. It is kinda expected that after a major earthquake there will be a tsunami.

[quote name='life.exe']I know you were making a joke, but you know earthquakes create tsunamis on a regular basis. It is kinda expected that after a major earthquake there will be a tsunami.[/QUOTE]

life.exe,

I appreicate the information. I majored in Finance and never had to take a Physical Science class so I have no idea how a Tsunami is created. I guess its safe to say that I can get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking my head up a butcher's ass, but I'd rather take the bull's word on it . . . . No, wait, it would have to be your bull! . . . Oh MAN!

[quote name='shipwreck']

[#4 and 5] -
Obviously Killzone 3 borrows from COD, but I don't have a problem with it; because they're using the elements that they borrowed the right way.(A bad example would be Developer Level 5 making Lair [a dragon game] with the same exact mission types from their own game Star Wars: Rogue Squadron) Killzone 3's scenes (snow scene, mech scene, jungle scene) were done in the context of Killzone 3's story. Why where they in the jungle; they were in hiding. Why were they being stealthy; it was a recon mission. Why were you in the Snow; you were in route to Narville. They used the scenes / scenarios to tell the story, and yes its similar to COD, but we're talking about another linear FPS war story. There's bound to be similarities.

"Throw in the multiple jumps forward and back in the time-line and the storytelling becomes muddled in random action sequences." Are you serious.. you mean to tell me you can't follow this simple story... we only talking about a 6 month jump. Did you even notice Rico's new look? (which was used to show that he had been away for 6 months) Like I said before, every action sequence is done to progress the story. Killzone 3's story is easily dismissed as not good, but if you're really paying attention to the characters and what's going on, then you'll find that the story is decent. There's nothing random about any of the action sequences. I don't understand how you could even conclude that that the storytelling "became muddled in random action sequences;" That is one of those dumb reviewer lines that are typically used to unjustly criticize a game. The developers choose to tell the story in a particular fashion, and because you didn't follow it (because I know that you could have followed the story if you choose to.) you want to use that to criticize the game and its action sequences. Pay attention to the story and it'll be perfectly clear how each action sequence tells killzone 3's story.

Guerrilla Games' use of the Call of Duty's campaign style doesn't hurt the game (its a formula that works). IMO its like a developer using the Unreal Engine.. all the games that use the unreal engine.. all have a similar look to them (i.e. Wolverine Origins, Enslaved, Army of two 40th day, etc.). There's no knock against them for using a formula that works. Just like the example that you gave reference Torchlight's system of loot gathering works well and if a developer were to take that and implement it into another game you wouldn't criticize them for doing so.

[#6] - Ship you purchase every fucking thing! What system didn't you buy? or What games don't you buy? Should all the CAGs that enjoy the Sony platform rejoice because you decided to include a PS3 exclusive in your monthly hoarding of all(or majority of) the newly released games for the month?!

I didn't say I didn't understand the story. I just don't think it is presented in a manner that makes Killzone 3 an interesting narrative. I like the Killzone universe, but I'm almost indifferent to the plight of the individual ISA soldiers. In fact, I find they develop the Hellghans better than the protagonists. The story in Killzone 3 just doesn't flow well, with repeated fade to blacks at the end of most sections and seemingly random jumps into new varieties of gameplay mechanics.

Look at how well something like Uncharted 2 transitions between varying gameplay experiences and I think it's apparent where Killzone 3 needs to improve. You even say the story was "decent". Well, in 2011 the story needs to be better than decent for a game to really stand out to me. So far this year, Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm have done a much better job of crafting stories and characters that are engaging while at the same time having really great game mechanics.

[quote name='shipwreck']I didn't say I didn't understand the story. I just don't think it is presented in a manner that makes Killzone 3 an interesting narrative. I like the Killzone universe, but I'm almost indifferent to the plight of the individual ISA soldiers. In fact, I find they develop the Hellghans better than the protagonists. The story in Killzone 3 just doesn't flow well, with repeated fade to blacks at the end of most sections and seemingly random jumps into new varieties of gameplay mechanics.

Look at how well something like Uncharted 2 transitions between varying gameplay experiences and I think it's apparent where Killzone 3 needs to improve. You even say the story was "decent". Well, in 2011 the story needs to be better than decent for a game to really stand out to me. So far this year, Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm have done a much better job of crafting stories and characters that are engaging while at the same time having really great game mechanics.[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck, let's consider the following stats: 1.) I have never met you though I have been to Cincinatti on a number of occasions 2.) You, Wombat and Cheapy produce a very fun, entertaining, informative and free podcast. 3.) You have played a ridiculous amount of video games. 4.) your friend Wombat seems to think handjobs are cool and 5.) You're a red head. Ok, now considering all these stats, I would have to say that you are the worst gaming analyst ever! You are so bad that I'm going to spend at least 10 minutes fuming over your reviews then spend another 30 minutes carefully crafting my acidic response! The hairs on my ballsack are better at analyzing games than you! As for your hatred of the PS3, good god all mighty! Don't you dare present reason and logic in your opinions! Don't you know that I don't give a crap that you only state your opinion! I only care that your opinion alligns with mine, and if it doesn't, well, then let the Sabin BUMRUSH begin!!! Even though your opinions have no direct impact on my life, I'm still going to hate your reviews. Maybe if your reviews involved more handjobs, then we'd all post great things on this thread, right wombat ;)!!!!!!

[quote name='shipwreck']4. IMO, Killzone 3 suffers by mirroring the campaign after the COD Old Spice school of game design. (Now I'm in a Mech suit, now I'm in snow world, now I'm using a turret on a hovercraft, now I'm in a jungle, now I'm being stealthy, now I have a jet pack). Throw in the multiple jumps forward and back in the timeline and the storytelling becomes muddled in random action sequences.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember much timeline jumps, then the main one after the "big" reveal at the very beginning of the game. Other than that, I thought it was very straightforward. As for mirroring the COD design, I also don't really see the problem. While it can get old, if the game is fun I don't see the problem. Red Dead Redemption had the same design as GTA, and while I hated GTA, I loved RDR. The missions I felt were more fun, but the mission structure as a whole didn't bother me although it's been the same for many a games now. But I agree, KZ3 is just an alright game. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. Fun to play but nothing I would see myself playing through twice.

And since everyone seems to be excited for Skyrim, can someone explain to me why I should be excited for it? I could not get into Oblivion or the fallout games. I found them boring. The idea of stealing random stuff and being bogged down by it was frustrating but yet appealing to others for some reason, nothing attracted me to the world, I found the people and voicework to be terrible and stiff, and the combat was unbelievably bad IMO.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I don't remember much timeline jumps, then the main one after the "big" reveal at the very beginning of the game. Other than that, I thought it was very straightforward. As for mirroring the COD design, I also don't really see the problem. While it can get old, if the game is fun I don't see the problem. Red Dead Redemption had the same design as GTA, and while I hated GTA, I loved RDR. The missions I felt were more fun, but the mission structure as a whole didn't bother me although it's been the same for many a games now. But I agree, KZ3 is just an alright game. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. Fun to play but nothing I would see myself playing through twice.

And since everyone seems to be excited for Skyrim, can someone explain to me why I should be excited for it? I could not get into Oblivion or the fallout games. I found them boring. The idea of stealing random stuff and being bogged down by it was frustrating but yet appealing to others for some reason, nothing attracted me to the world, I found the people and voicework to be terrible and stiff, and the combat was unbelievably bad IMO.[/QUOTE]

I think its safe to say that if you did not enjoy Elderscrolls or Fallout, then you will not enjoy Skyrim. IMO, there were three very appealing elements to Oblivion: 1.)The complete absense of a linear plot 2.)Almost limitless control over the direction/development of your character and 3.) Facial and body structure/design. Those three components were unlike any other console RPG I've ever played. As for the mechanics/graphics (i.e. "people and voicework to be terrible and stiff"), yes, they were somewhat primative. However, you must keep in mind that this game launched in 2005/06. Game technology wasn't the same back then as it is today. Actually, I think Oblivion was the first major RPG for the new generation consoles (360/PS3) but I could be mistaken.

I love the game so I am very biased. Here's a non-biased opinion: gamerankings.com rated Oblivion as the 4th best RPG of all time (93.79% rating). The top three are Mass Effect 2 - 95.66%; Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic - 94.25% ; Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - 94.00%. Fifth place is Final Fantasy IX - 93.32%. Also, gamerankings.com doesn't give the score. Rather, they average the scores given to each game based on the reviews from several major gaming critics. On a side note, they consider The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) as the greatest game of all time (97.48%) followed by Super Mario Galaxy (97.46%).

Anyway, I hope that was helpful.

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']I think its safe to say that if you did not enjoy Elderscrolls or Fallout, then you will not enjoy Skyrim. IMO, there were three very appealing elements to Oblivion: 1.)The complete absense of a linear plot 2.)Almost limitless control over the direction/development of your character and 3.) Facial and body structure/design. Those three components were unlike any other console RPG I've ever played. As for the mechanics/graphics (i.e. "people and voicework to be terrible and stiff"), yes, they were somewhat primative. However, you must keep in mind that this game launched in 2005/06. Game technology wasn't the same back then as it is today. Actually, I think Oblivion was the first major RPG for the new generation consoles (360/PS3) but I could be mistaken.

I love the game so I am very biased. Here's a non-biased opinion: gamerankings.com rated Oblivion as the 4th best RPG of all time (93.79% rating). The top three are Mass Effect 2 - 95.66%; Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic - 94.25% ; Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - 94.00%. Fifth place is Final Fantasy IX - 93.32%. Also, gamerankings.com doesn't give the score. Rather, they average the scores given to each game based on the reviews from several major gaming critics. On a side note, they consider The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) as the greatest game of all time (97.48%) followed by Super Mario Galaxy (97.46%).

Anyway, I hope that was helpful.[/QUOTE]

Any and all input is helpful. I REAAAALLY want to like these games, but every time I try I just feel let down.

And it doesn't help I play them a few years after release. Perhaps if it's brand new it may help. I'll probably at least gamefly it and give it a shot. Perhaps as a new release it'll be more impressive to me than 3-4 years after it was released.

Shipwreck, many Pokemon players will tell you that the actual game begins once the main quest is over, similar to how a FPS main attraction isn't the campaign but the multiplayer. Maybe it isn't for you and thats ok, but theres a lot more depth to Pokemon than just finishing the main quest.

Cheapy, I also think the childsplay is a good reason to nominate you as CAGvillain, you ranted about how it was all for charity and how other sites didn't post it, well its no their job to promote your business model. I mean every twitter follower you got was a potential person clicking many of your CAG affiliated amazon links which you get a % of. So don't act like its you had nothing to gain and it was all for charity.

[quote name='shipwreck']I didn't say I didn't understand the story. I just don't think it is presented in a manner that makes Killzone 3 an interesting narrative. I like the Killzone universe, but I'm almost indifferent to the plight of the individual ISA soldiers. In fact, I find they develop the Hellghans better than the protagonists. The story in Killzone 3 just doesn't flow well, with repeated fade to blacks at the end of most sections and seemingly random jumps into new varieties of gameplay mechanics.

Look at how well something like Uncharted 2 transitions between varying gameplay experiences and I think it's apparent where Killzone 3 needs to improve. You even say the story was "decent". Well, in 2011 the story needs to be better than decent for a game to really stand out to me. So far this year, Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm have done a much better job of crafting stories and characters that are engaging while at the same time having really great game mechanics.[/QUOTE]

Killzone 3 has a very point A to Point B story line. I do think that Killzone 3 could have had a better story. But the story that the devs utilized for Killzone 3 was straight forward, and we'll just have to just agree to disagree about the flow of the game. Uncharted 2 has the actions sequences the same as Killzone 3, but the difference is that Uncharted 2's story was more intricate. There was plot twists, betrayals; there was the 3-way love story between Elena, Drake, and Chloe. If Killzone 3 had a intricate story like that, then it would have made for a better product. However, a simple summer movie Point A to Point B story, doesn't hurt the "Game" because regardless of the story line, its still boils down to a set of levels consisting of get to this area, drive and shoot here, be stealthy here.. so on and so forth.

Every game is just a set of levels and action sequences which introduce sets of gameplay mechanics. What makes Killzone 3's set more [seemingly] random than the next game? In the end who cares... what really matters, and what I think should be the focus is how well the developers executed each of the levels and its action sequences. Was it fun?!

I'm with Cheapy, must see a video of Shipwreck mildly upset when coaching and getting a Technical Foul. He is always so calm on the CAGcast it's hard to imagine him losing it on the court. You could say UNBELIEVABLE

[quote name='X BRO 420']I got a 1580 on my SAT. I just got a college acceptance letter today in the mail. Suck it nerds.[/QUOTE]

I think that male nerds are the only ones who will be sucking anything of yours at college, X BRO 420.

Good show! Also, when my comments from the last show were being read, I just wanted to rephrase everything I wrote.

I wasn't trying to sound like a PS3 fanboy, i'm not. (Just look at that gaming card down there)
None of us should really try to influence how much you should talk about a game because that creates forced conversation.

Sorry to hear about what happened in Japan, i want to hear it from a somewhat first person perspective next week.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I think that male nerds are the only ones who will be sucking anything of yours at college, X BRO 420.[/QUOTE]

Even if that were true it would mean I still got more action then you ever will.

So, I had it made up in my mind that I was going to write feedback on how much of an asshole you are for your "no one with a 1360 went to Pitt" comment and how much you deserve the CAG Villain with that statement. Pitt has had a lot of notable alumni and I'm sure they had an SAT score as high, or even higher then Wombat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_University_of_Pittsburgh_people

But as I listen to the podcast on Friday afternoon, I heard your "please don't worry about me during earthquakes" comment during the CAGbag. Way to foreshadow a national disaster baldy... How about you say I'm gonna hit the lottery? I'll buy CAG for a couple mil if I do...

But seriously, I hope your country recovers quickly and returns to normal life soon. Stay safe.

Wombat's special gloves...lol

Awesome! Thanks for taking my suggestion for holding a contest for guest host! What a crazy coincidence that Ship won.. but I really hope I win next week!

Thanks for bringing up my suggestion on the show though! The only thing is that when Wombat read my comment he made it seem like I have poor control of the English language (perhaps my post last week was poorly constructed?).

So I just wanted to clear that up.. I can speak and write in English! I got a 1520 on my SAT I when it was out of 1600 (before the writing component which changed the score to max 2400 as it is today). I went to Berkeley where I majored in.. you guessed it.. English! Then I attend Columbia University where I received my Master's in.. yep.. English! And three guesses as to what my current profession is... yep I drive a truck!

Another note.. been watching the Japan EQ coverage... very devastating with the tsunami.. stay safe out there Cheapy!

[quote name='dohmai'] I went to Berkeley where I majored in.. you guessed it.. English! Then I attend Columbia University where I received my Master's in.. yep.. English! And three guesses as to what my current profession is... yep I drive a truck![/QUOTE]

Yeah us English majors seem to find the same thing when they graduate. No jobs for our degrees. :(

Ship - watch out! Sounded like Cheapy and Wombat are trying to get you to buy the Mortal Kombat controller. I could hear them plotting away...

LOL English majors almost as bad as going to college to study art or womens studies. Thank god I'm smart enough to get a degree that actually advances you in life.

Great Show!!! Just wanted to let you guys know that for the MLB 2K11 Contest the reason why they are having the contest on April 1st because they want you to play the major league rosters instead of pitching against minor league players.

I second Ship on the stripping screws on the PS3 HD! That stupid blue screw that you initially remove when you take off the side panel.. I stripped that too. Ended up using a drill to remove it. Despite its shiny blue coating, the screw serves no real purpose and you do not need it to hold the HD tray in place.

Also Cheapy I do suggest upgrading to a slim if you don't need the BC. That's what I did.. ebayed the launch 60gb. It has a great built-in transfer system too.. easily transfers your PSN accounts, saved games, basically everything from your old to new system..

It's so easy, even I can do it! You know, because I'm so stupid that I majored in English and will never advance my life and stuff like that.

I'm still having trouble understanding Cheapy, but I don't think it's because of his microphone; I think it's because he's got Shipwreck's nuts in his mouth. I mean, seriously: the whole discussion about SAT scores was essentially an excuse for Cheapy to compliment his man-crush while dissing Wombat. I like Ship as much as the next guy, and there's no doubt the Cagcast is better with him than without him, but it's amazing how gay Cheapy is for the guy. Maybe Wombat could hook him up with a personalized ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dohmai'] You know, because I'm so stupid that I majored in English and will never advance my life and stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you wasted your college education big time bro. should have studied something better.

I quit Contra 4 when I realized that the auto-fire was slower than rapid presses and that rapid presses would be required. I couldn't understand how they could fail to see that as a problem on a handheld.

With Gran Turismo 5, wouldn't it be strange for me to turn my head to the side to see the side view mirrors when I need to look dead ahead at the screen at all times? :p

FYI, there is no such device as the iTouch. It's called the iPod Touch.

Cheapy, I think Shipwreck's sounds during your mention of inquiries as to your well-being kind of said it all. We won't know if you're in trouble if something happens. Who's to say the internet or phones will work. Be proactive about it, and when we hear nothing, we'll start to worry.

BTW, in high school, nearly all of my friends scored about 100 points higher on the SAT than I did. I think it was owing mostly to the fact that they all had test prep classes, while I went in cold. Even so, I got in to every college I applied to.
Well done, Ship. When I heard 32, I was walking along the street on my way to the gym, and actually said out loud, "Holy fuck! That's good." I got a funny look or two.

bread's done
Back