CAGcast #240: Whities to the Rescue

I did not think it was that bad. Cheapy, now you should play ping pong with a fat guy, so people will stop bothering you about that.

@Wombat I don't think you're giving Sabrina enough credit. Let her really play the Kinect games. When we first got the Kinect my 3-year old niece begged to play. It was a little frustrating at first because, well... kids are dumb, but they learn. The sensor if not positioned properly sometimes thinks little kids are squatting. My niece has "finished" Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, and is currently trying to earn all the prizes in Carnival Games. I was playing Kinect Sports volleyball with her the other day. I wasn't holding back and she genuinely challenged me.

@Cheapy I thought it was funny how you were mocking Xperia Play phone owners for being fanboys but then a few minutes later have a segment called Apple Corner.

Haha, I find it funny how people are getting offended at Cheapy's "disgust" for fat people. I guess he forgot that many CAGs might fit that description as well. :lol:

Shit stories from the past 2 weeks have had me in stitches, guys. Wombat's story about the office poo almost made me drive off the road on the way to work.

I am rather surprised, though, that none of you have (at the time of the recording) picked up one of the most anticipated and marketed games of 2011 yet for discussion. Hopefully, you will have more to talk about with L.A. Noire next episode.

If you don't, though, it's cool, because every other gaming podcast is or will be discussing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for a chance to win the Fantastic Four table. Played the demo the other night and dug it.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't have ANY of the games Sony is offering for free. Even though I'm sure Infamous is fun, I have less and less time for full length games these days. Will probably go for LBP and Wipeout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked the wrong podcast at the wrong time to be cutting in half / eating a giant baked potato.

CAG once again defends its fecal crown against other video game podcasts.

Didn't Cheapy rail against sites that intentionally mislead their readers by calling the Xperia Play the PlayStation Phone? Why is he going against that now? I could've sworn that it was an Android phone, so it has access to everything that those phones normally have along with the PS certified stuff.

The only way the Welcome Back games list could've been better would be to just offer two games amongst all of the Sony games on PSN rather than just five for each system on the list. I don't have everything on both lists, so it works for me along with the other stuff that is being offered.

I'm surprised that Cheapy didn't mention the Saints Row: Initiation Station game that seems like the worst spin-off game yet.

I've said before that the show should be shortened a bit since the few episodes where you've stuck to being an hour long were the best I've heard lately. You tend to have a better-paced show when you aren't doing an 80 minute show that has less moments where you're talking about stuff that isn't on the outline that just creates a lot of wasted time.

Cheapy, what exactly did you think you were going to die of after you pooped? Internal bleeding or something? I really can't imagine any way that would have killed you, unless maybe it was so big that it wrapped itself around your insides like a Boa constrictor and pulled all of your guts out with it (SHITALITY!).

Wombat, if you're planning on having a contest for those Fantastic 4 table codes, I'd deffs enter! I'm a big fan of the original Marvel tables and would love to try out the FF table!

Good show Whities. Hey Ship, I dumped cable for netflix last year. You can get a HD antenna and an over the air dvr at crutchfield so you can get the local programming in HD for free. That setup works pretty good, or just get the HD antenna for $40 if you don't need a dvr.

Cheapy, I don't know if you're doing it for the drama, but being a cranky asshole about the Kinect is getting really tiresome. And although he was a bit coy about it, kudos to Wombat for having big enough balls to describe his Kinect experience on the show and deal with the Cheapy anti-Kinect wrath.

When your kid gets old enough, get the Kinect, play Kinectimals and Kinect sports with Tai, and maybe Osaka Grandma will want to join in. That's the way it's worked with my family. My five year old daughter and I played Kinectimals together, then we moved onto K-Adventures and were having so much fun together, my wife and 11 year-old son decided to join in. We all enjoyed the experience enough to buy Kinect Sports, (which works extremely well, imo) and take turns trying to beat each others' records in the game.

Kinect has done what Wii bowling did 5 years ago - it brought the whole family together for Friday game night. Why is that so repulsive? Do you hate families or something?

Just wanted to say as a newbie to CAG but not to forum life, and having only listened to about the 10 most recent CAGcast, I must say this is such an awesome podcast. Love the trio you guys have. Keep up the great work, I thoroughly enjoy listening to CAGcast now :)

When I heard the reference to the Baseball Hall of Fame - I imagine I was the only CAG who was able to turn my head and look at the Baseball Hall of Fame at that moment. I work in Cooperstown and was driving past it on my way home. Thanks for that bit of amusement!

That shit story had me in tears. Honestly, I don't mind the off topic stuff at the beginning of the show. Great stuff.

Was really hoping to hear some L.A. Noire impressions (though I'm not surprised that Shipwreck isn't interested in a Rockstar affiliated game :lol:) but I guess it's another reason to anticipate next week's how. I think you'll like it, Cheapy. I just beat it last night and it impressed the hell out of me. Probably my favourite thing to come out so far in 2011.

And if you like James Ellroy you would be in heaven with this game, Wombat. Lots of influence from and nods to L.A. Confidential (and you even play out a somewhat fictionalized version of the Black Dahlia murders).

Let's have a list here :

1. Awesome stories from CheapyD and I hope he sees the irony about how disgusted he was about the fat guy in the hot tub. I've never taken a shit that made me almost pass out.

2. The crew complains about free games Sony is giving away for whatever reason. They always seem to think they can "help" Sony. And they forget that PSN is a free service where no one except the PS Plus users really had a right to get anything. Xbox Live was unusable on and off for 1-2 months back in 2007 and they gave everyone Undertow. Come on. And no, I have all the gaming platforms so calm down

3. CheapyD once again insinuates that because people buy a Sony product, in this case the Xperia Play, they are a fanboy of Sony. It doesn't matter that it's an Android 3.1 phone and pretty well reviewed even by Tested. Or that its a Playstation Suite phone and PS1 games aren't the only things that will be on it. But Cheapy will pretend that a touchscreen is better than BUTTONS and a d-pad/analog nubs for games. Or that the thousands of FREE games on the Android platform don't run on it as well.

All phones must be the iPhone, right? That phone has no issues at all or improvements to be made.

4. After this Sony bashing as usual, he fawns over Apple in the Apple Corner. He can't understand why someone like Shipwreck or any person in general would want a more powerful computer over a weaker one. It just doesn't click. A macbook thats thinner and lighter by a pound > more powerful mac in Cheapy's eyes.

5. Cheapy doesn't seem to understand that people DON'T have the money for both consoles. A person that has both might have friends with an Xbox or a PS3 but not both. So why is it dumb for him to buy two copies of the game to play together with them? Once again, it just doesn't click.

Great show, and I'm probably a loser for typing that. But the whole Xperia Play makes you a fanboy thing is just so hilarious when he starts sucking Apple's eaten out core the next second. Shipwreck and Wombat, you should really interject at that point on how ridiculous it sounds. OH and Cheapy, what the fuck happened to your awesome PC you were going to build THREE years ago ha ha?

Cheapy - RIGHT ON about Game of Thrones. Show came out of frickin' nowhere.

Wombat & Ship - really surprised you two haven't had more curiosity about L.A. Noire - a game that'll rely a lot on intuition and reading people, which isn't something that's really been done much before. Expect my copy to arrive sometime on Monday. Can't wait!

Cheapy's tale of the killer fore-arm sized shit was classic. I couldn't stop laughing to myself when Cheapy was complaining about the size of the Kinect and how it would cramp his style. That reference made me think of how fortunate Cheapy would have been if his shit was only the size of a Kinect.

Cheapy, I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoy your poop stories, and can totally relate to your experience. After I go on a trip I'm always backed up and it's really hard to get out. But what I've found that helps to ease it out naturally is
1:Hot liquids like green tea or coffee.
2: Lots of water.
and 3: Sitting back on the toilet, relaxing in a way where you are comfortable but pressure is being applied on the butt-hole, and just play some games or read a book. It might take a while this way, but it'll drop and it's a lot less painful.

I know it's really juvenile but I was laughing so hard at the giant dump story that I almost crashed my car this morning. Then later in the day while I was taking a dump at the office I started laughing uncontrollably again. Luckily no one else was in the bathroom.

can someone post details to the E3 party or the minute mark on the podcast? i forgot to make a note of it when listening

thanks!!

You know cheapy. . . you can play kinect with your kid AND read books, play outside, and do other more worthy activities.

I was listening to the dump story while on the elliptical at the gym, and actually threw up a little in my mouth.

So yeah, probably one of the best poop stories so far. Keep up the good work.

BTW, Netflix in Canada still kind of sucks, but I can definitely understand the appeal of Netflix in the U.S.

With all the Nintendo bashing Cheapy does on a regular basis, i'm surprise Nintendo invited them to the press conference also the cag guys shouldn't be too shocked why they didn't get invite to the other big 3's press conference.

Just listened and I gotta say, the Kinect is unnecessary Cheapy? Do you find breathing to be unnecessary too? And complaining about it being too big? If someone gave you a large suitcase full of money would you complain that is too big too?

Time to get with the times like Wombat has, because God willing, someday Kinect will be the new standard of gaming.

So I was thinking about the fat guy in hawaii who told the story about peeing at the bar. I think Cheapy should be happy he peed at the bar instead of in the hot tub they were all sitting in.

bread's done
Back