CAGcast #274: A Journey Worth Taking?

ooo I'd thoroughly enjoy Street Fighter x Tekken. Ryu and Kazuya!

I loaded up me3(ps3) and imported my previous me2 save and thought the face looked odd and I ended up using the default me3 face.

I also kept thinking that the save I imported was the game where I romanced Jack but I remembered it was a different 2nd play through save. I am not sure how that will effect my game but omg I want my Jack eheh.

[quote name='KingBroly'] As for Playstation Plus Cheapy, I have a Slim PS3 and when a system update gets downloaded I do not have to sit through the installation process. [/QUOTE]

I have the Fat PS3 and I also don't have to sit through the installation process. It installs the games (downloaded) as well as the system updates.

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']NEED HELP WITH MASS EFFECT 3: I know about the importing character issues. However, I've played and beat both ME1 and ME2, but my ME3 game doesn't even show that I have a character to potentially import even though the saved game data is on my hard drive. Any help? What should I do to set it up so that I can (potentially) import my characater. I don't care about the character appearence, but I do care about the previous decisions made in ME1 and ME2....Thoughts?

Please help a fellow CAG, thanks.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me going from ME1 to ME2. At a loss, I loaded my end game save from ME1 and re-finished the game. That did the trick. Not sure if it would work for ME2, but it might be worth a shot if you're out of other options.

I really enjoyed this episode (the intro and Billy Corben / Corgan crap was great), but the rhythm is definitely better with Wombat.

If you give me the copy of Fighter by Capcon, I PROMISE I will never spend one cent on DLC.

I know that Shipwreck has absolutely no interest in playing Fighting by Capcon but I can safely say that I might play it if I got it.

Nice show you guys. I'm all for supporting creative game developers with my money and I'll be purchasing Journey as soon as it is available to non PS+ members, even with the concerns of the $15 price tag and the length of the overall game. The situation there reminds of Noby Noby Boy; a game from the creator of Katamari Damacy that was more of an odd sandbox experience than anything else. While I walked away somewhat amused, I ended up playing Noby Noby Boy for only few hours overall. That's ok though, the $5 price tag made most if not all complaints null and void.

Wombat, if you pick me to win Mass Effect 3 I thank you in advance. Otherwise, I hope you get chosen as the featured member of xbox.com once again so you get lots of encouraging messages. :)

I really love the show and look forward to listening every week. I can relate a lot to all of you. I'm in my 30s with two young kids one 4 and another who is 1. I also have a fondness for action figures and toys from properties that were created in the 80s. My biggest complaint at times for the show is that I wish there were more of it and at times when Cheapy tries to move the show along it comes across a little like he just wants to hurry and get off the phone because he does not want to be there.
You probably get other messages where folks complain about the show being too long so I know it is really just Cheapy trying to balance that. I really do love the show and for those times when a show may seem to be shorter than another I could use that copy of Mass Effect 3 on the PS3 to fill the void.

Good show this week, but really weird to listen to a Cagcast without Wombat. Would have enjoyed hearing about his thoughts on ME3 without going into spoiler territory. Surprising to hear that Journey is good too, even if it is short. From the trailers I saw it looked like it would have been crap like flower, glad to hear it's better than that.

GOD DAMNIT! I liked Wombat before it was cool. Or before people were getting free stuff for liking him at least.

I can't wait to be receiving SFxT in the mail since I'm sure no one else likes Capcom games because Cheapy hates Capcom and cags blindly follow Cheapy and his apple boner ;)

Hey guys, I usually listen to the podcast while I'm driving to and from work. I often miss the name of a game you're talking about because I'm paying attention to traffic. As you describe the games, I get interested but sometimes have a hard time figuring out what the game is. I'd just like to request when you finish talking about a game you tell the name one more time before moving on to the next subject (i.e. "ok, that was XYZ game," then move on)

Thanks!

Even without Wombat a quality show indeed!

Not happy to hear about that Mass Effect 3 glitch especially since I'm about to start the game... :(

I love how Cheapy puts in a 10 minute clip of people insulting Wombat as a little something in lieu of his absence. Great show, needs more Wombat. You know what else could use less drama and more Wombat? Street Fighter X Tekken. Boy, I would love to have that game in my life...for free.

I was just listening to some old CAGcasts and on Episode 210 at 38:45ish the quote

"If it blows your mind and it's 2 hours, then is it worth 15 dollars?" from Cheapy came up.

I just thought it was ironic nearly two years later this same exact situation would come up with Journey

This show was pretty good - but I would have to say without Wombat it was missing more of the comedy aspects that I enjoy. I have never heard Shipwreck say so much in one podcast - which I am guessing is because Wombat/Cheapy have a great chemistry when going back and forth which doesn't allow for any of Shipwreck's comments. Overall I can't wait till next week's show already - I wish you guys did more than one a week!

Great show guys! Although it was missing something.... Ah, I got it, an argumentative Wombat :p. Also I feel you guys on your excitement for Assassin's Creed 3!. Anyways, it would be really cool if you could hook me up with Fighting Game by Capcom.

Great show as always. Shipwreck should now be called "Walmart Gamer"
And for that funny comment I'd like Street Fighter X Tekken.

I missed Wombat on the show, but still enjoyed it. I'll be excited to see what everyone thinks of Mass Effect 3. I enjoy it so far, but am not remembering a lot of what happened in the first two games. I agree with Cheapy that the multiplayer is very fun. From playing the multiplayer in the full retail release, the difficulty seems turned up a notch, even on Bronze!

"Fighting Game" by Capcom sounds good to me.

Great show as usual. I'll be glad when Wombat's back but honestly any combination of hosts is good. I always wish Wombat and Shipwreck would do episodes whenever Cheapy can't record.

It would be great to win SFxT. I cancelled my preorder since I lost my job (I start a new one on Monday, don't pity me).

[quote name='ramatut4001']Great show as usual. I'll be glad when Wombat's back but honestly any combination of hosts is good. I always wish Wombat and Shipwreck would do episodes whenever Cheapy can't record.

It would be great to win SFxT. I cancelled my preorder since I lost my job (I start a new one on Monday, don't pity me).[/QUOTE]

Where did you use to work? I was forced to leave McD's headquarters and I got shafted big time as I didn't get my promised promotion. I have experience beyond my title but can't get anything, I am burning my savings on an MBA soon... all of the games I've purchased in the past 8 months have been with money from getting rid of games and other personal things :(, and even then only when I get deals.

Cheapy, Giant Bomb did a Quick Look for I Am Alive.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-i-am-alive/17-5769/

I put little stock into what IGN says. There have been times where they have reviewed games without playing through the entire game.

Outside of yourself, Shipwreck, and Wombat, Giant Bomb is probably the only opinion in the media that I would trust. In general, with all media, I prefer to experience it for myself than trust the opinion of someone else.

Just my two cents. And I chuckled during the sex robot discussion. Funny stuff.

I would like to win that copy of Street Fighter X Tekken.

At this point, I feel that I can take two routes... I can either try to shamelessly and/or subtly flatter Wombat since he is the judge of this contest, or I can just not post anything other than the fact that I want the game. Rather than outright flattery, I'll just honestly say this:

The "discussion" about the sex robot with one hole would have been 100x funnier with Wombat's input.

So glad there was a cagcast this week. But it was definitely weird without Wombat.

Have a great vacation but come back soon!

As always, another great show.

I must have missed something. How much was it to unlock the Wombat DLC from this episode? Will there be a special edition down the road that includes it?

It would be great if all three of you would get together and play some Mass Effect 3 co-op and then tell us your experiences in the following pod cast. Many of us listeners would really like to hear more about this.

Great show! Keep up the good work. (Mass Effect 3 for PS3 please!)

I need Mass Effect 3, specifically just to cure my continued Skyrim addiction.

Journey sounds like Portal 1, in that it is a very unique and quality experience that lasts such a short time that you are just left craving more. Maybe Journey 2 (not related to the Dwayne-"The Rock"-Johnson-riding-a-giant-bee movie) will match Portal 2 in the satisfaction brought. Still, wish I had a PS3 to check this out, shortness aside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man! A show without wombat :(

It did flow pretty well and I liked hearing about Journey because I was thinking about picking it up but to hear that it's so short is turnnig me away. If I'm going to spend $15 I want to feel like I get that much out of it. Maybe it will go on sale or something.

Non the less, another good show!

[quote name='Guimengo']Where did you use to work? I was forced to leave McD's headquarters and I got shafted big time as I didn't get my promised promotion. I have experience beyond my title but can't get anything, I am burning my savings on an MBA soon... all of the games I've purchased in the past 8 months have been with money from getting rid of games and other personal things :(, and even then only when I get deals.[/QUOTE]

I was a testing and balancing technician for an engineering firm. It's one of those jobs nobody's heard of but it's googleable. Like I said, I should be starting next week with a digital controls company. I haven't worked in a few weeks but I have it better than most folks since I live in a good area and I have some skills.

[quote name='randomevent']

The "discussion" about the sex robot with one hole would have been 100x funnier with Wombat's input.
[/QUOTE]
Pun intended?

[quote name='my2k2zx2']As always, another great show.

I must have missed something. How much was it to unlock the Wombat DLC from this episode? Will there be a special edition down the road that includes it?[/QUOTE]

I heard that someone hacked the file and the Wombat content is already in there!

Another great show this week! It makes the time go by so much faster while at work. Thanks for the weekly show. Its makes my Friday and start of the weekend.

Wombat, you know you want to pick me so you can send Mass Effect 3 on a journey to my house. Epic ending to already great show. I laughed so hard at the sad people that are on Xbox Live.

A great show as always, though something was missing
A great furry beast: A large ass needing kissing
A contest to enter? I'll enter, I reckon
The prize I desire? Street Fighter X Tekken

To help pad my chances, I'll tell you this fact:
In CAGcast 124, Wombat mentions the Lorax
At 18:46 my friends, you'll find that's the time
And now you all know why this post is in words that sound alike

Keep up the great work guys!

I was going to post a comment here, but then when I hear that in order to win Wombat would have to "tap" me, so I got scared. But here I am posting anyways, so I guess I'm doubly screwed...hopefully not literally.

Great show guys. I don't really listen to many podcasts, and I've really only been listening to this one for about four months, but I've gotta' say I like the way you guys got the show set up. The personalities are all there as well. Just like shipwreck had said before, it kinda' does play out like an icarly episode. No complaints here. One thing that I've noticed is at times you guys bring up certain games, but due to the lack of interest, they are simply put aside (i.e. Street Fighter X Tekken, Asura's Wrath). At times, those are games that I and probably others would have loved to hear about, be it negative or positive comments, or just general info. Maybe you guys can just touch on those games a bit before moving on? Thanks for the great show and keep up the good work.

Great show even without Wombat. Though, the show is better with him.

On the subject of Journey being worthy of $15 for a short game, there are plenty of games out there that people have spent more on and enjoyed less. For me, it's not about how much time you get to play a game, but how much satisfaction you get out of it. Is there a sense of accomplishment? Was it fun for the time spent? If so, then the money is well worth it. But, alas, I'll never know about Journey as I no longer have a PS3.

On the subject of the Vita, I just don't like it. Maybe it's because the demo units are tethered, but I don't find it comfortable to hold because of the back touch pad and the divots. I also don't think it was truly optimized for play-on-the-go. I stood in a Target waiting about 5 minutes for one track of Wipeout to load. The screen looks nice, and the thumbsticks are better than the circle pads. But, I would only ever own a Vita if I didn't have to pay for it. And, then, I 'd probably sell it to get an iPad 3.

Keep up the great work on the CAGcast. Look forward to the longer audioboos from E3.

was a little strange not hearing Wambat on the Cagcast...oh well, guess he needed a break too....
As for the giveaways, you should do the random winner thing...works out the best way :)

Here is some constructive critism I wanted to post last week. If you guys find that you have been talking about a game for more than a couple minutes, it would be very helpful if you tried to mention the title of the game once again. Lots of times it is obvious what you are talking about but sometimes I miss someone saying what game they played recently and I am lost for 5 minutes untill you move on. It is a minor thing but it is the only thing I would feel comfortable criticizing, the show is great. Long live CAGCast.

Also ME3 kicks ass.

As always the Cagcast delivered this week, although I feel there's a little "edge" that Wombat provides that was obviously lacking. Can't wait to have him back next week and I certainly wouldn't mind SFxT! Keep up the awesome work!

Also, Shipwreck saying bread's done was pretty classic :)

Good show guys, thou it was missing that extra little spice that is Wombat.
The is $15 worth it question is a hard one to answer, On the Joystiq Show they said something that really stuck with me, We pay $15 for a movie so why not a short game. If it gives us at least a couple hours of entertainment its at least worth the price of a movie.

Wouldn't mind getting that copy of Street Fighter X Tekken (Or as Cheapy's Mom calls it "Fighting by Capcon"), just rented it from Redbox and I enjoyed it a lot even thou I really suck at Capcom fighters.

[quote name='clay_bones']Here is some constructive critism I wanted to post last week. If you guys find that you have been talking about a game for more than a couple minutes, it would be very helpful if you tried to mention the title of the game once again.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's not just you guys, even other podcasts I listen to tend to do the same - the game is mentioned at the start, then referred to as 'it' for the rest of the discussion. Sometimes I'm able to clue on on what game 'it' is, other times I have to rewind the podcast a few minutes. If I'm driving, I sometimes still miss the name on the second attempt.

bread's done
Back