CAGcast #356: Insert Three Amigos Quote Here

Hockey pinball table would be pretty sweet if they had the goal songs and horns for each team etc.

id also like to get Super League Football if i am lucky enough to!

Wombat needs a good reliable computer so he doesn't have a blue screen of death in the middle of the show. Cheapy get him one! :)

I would like to enter for one of Super League Football codes please. Thank you.

When MS bought the exclusivity for Titanfall from EA they likely guaranteed some amount of revenue to EA on consoles. This would be to make up for the lost console revenue from PS4 sales.

Time rolls around to now and MS either decides the sales of Xbox One are low enough they'll have trouble meeting the guaranteed revenue from sales or else they just think Xbox One sales could use a bump.

So instead of making up for lost revenues by sending EA cash, they just figured they could bundle the game, so even though they have to pay EA money per console sold, they at least are getting something for it (Xbox One sales).

So that's probably how the bundle happened. It sprouted from MS' obligations to EA.

I'd like to enter for one of the Super Leage Football pinball game codes, as I have a PS4. Did you say you were giving away a copy of inFamous too? I think that was a joke or just an excuse to mention Wal-Mart, but if true, enter me for that too please.

Great show as usual. My favorite part was when Tai busted in -- it's nice to get those little glimpses of Cheapy's life.

I agree that there should have been some games to highlight Kinect within the release window. Microsoft should have at least given us some type of Kinect playroom to show us what it can do.

And the Father of the year award ones to Cheapy!

But seriously the way Cheapy reacted to Tai reminded me of bad memories of my father when I was young.

I don't understand the mentality of "MS made me pay an extra $100 for Kinect". They didn't make you pay for anything. You knew there were no Kinect games coming out in the near future and you made the choice to buy the console for the $500 anyway instead of waiting for there to be enough software to make it a valuable purchase. I understand the complaints of wanting more software but don't say MS made you pay extra for something.

Shipwreck is right, Infamous is not a console seller. It's a nice pretty game to mess around with and keep you entertained until something else comes along. Infamous's release is perfect timing on the PS4.

Why did Microsoft get rid of the Arcade? Its baffling. Now all the games are mashed together in one section. For the sake of having something to play on the system they could have put 10% of the Arcade titles from the 360 on the One. How awesome would it be if they launched with the whole 360 Arcade library on the Xbox One? With cross buy, if you bought it on the 360 you can play it on your One.

SO right-on about Kinect 2.0.. what business does this thing even have being released with the system at all? It's a glorified vocal remote at this point. No mini-games, nothin' ... great paperweight, maybe.

Granted, I like it for pausing and resuming vids when I gotta hit the can. But not "gotta pack it in with the system" like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd argue that currently PS4 doesn't really need a "system-seller". It's selling at a record setting pace even with what is currently a very mediocre library in terms of stuff that's only available on "next-gen". It may come this holiday to really help keep pushing sales but it's doing incredibly well right now without any marquee title that people are going "dude you have to play this!".

I agree the pricing has slowed some of ms sales.    One of the biggest bunders IMo was not having the ability to port over your live games.  I have a bunch of live games on my 360 so it has to stay hooked up somewhere.   If they had allowed the live experience to be ported  over the transition would have been seamless. 

What happens when the do the 360 like the original xbox?  Anyone remember the day the xbox online died?

There's definitely a lack of solid AAA titles on both next gen systems but the PS4 is doing better with the indie options, and with the crazy games they're giving away on PS3 I've been spending time back there playign all the games I missed before that they gave away.

I certainly care about Infamous though, and I'm definitely going to check out this pinball game for Liverpool!

I don't get the outcry over the Titanfall bundle.  More internet entitlement.  More people wanting something for nothing.

If Titanfall was the only game that justifies the 500 bucks, you should have waited.

DKC on Wii sold  5 million copies by March 2011 according to Wikipedia.   Saints Row the Third sold something like 5.5 million copies.

I can't play the new one even if I wanted to.  My Wii U is in repair.  For the 2nd time.  SAme problem.  Gamepad loses connection.  Nintendo wanted $185 to fix it this time because I'm a few weeks out of warranty.   :roll: I talked them down to $10.  But now they've had my system for 8 days.  I had to call them today because their website said they hadn't received it yet.  So annoying.  It's the 3rd Nintendo system in a row  I've had to send in for repair.  

Love the show, I'm a mailman and I listen every week on my route. I would love one of those pinball codes Since Zen is getting the most play on my PS4 right now.

Wombat and Cheapie couldn't have seriously expected anything more from the X1 at this point, right?  It all seems like par for the course.  I figure you need a good year (at least) post-launch before you get a true next-gen game.  

Outstanding - this must be the 3rd or 4th show over the past few months where Wombat's equipment shit the bed. May we call him the 'Scott the Engineer' of the CAGCast?

Wombat I love you! Keep it up gentlemen! 

Cheapy and Wombat were completely off base with their Xbox comments this week.  Shipwreck, was correct the Titanfall bundle was a lock the moment they wrapped up complete exclusivity before launch.  You would have to be extremely shortsighted to not see a bundle coming when that happened.  And Wombat was looking at Xbox 360 launch with rose tinted glasses.  The amount of things you could do with your 360 is miniscule at this equivalent point in its history.  Besides having more and arguably  better games at launch they have given you a device you can use 24/7 as an entertainment option.  That was not the case with the 360 when it launched. 

And this Steven Elop story is one of those strange internet stories that did not die.  One unsourced Bloomberg story was quoted all over the place, but it does not make the story anymore legitimate.  There are no quotes from Elop in the story, there are no hints of Microsoft ever contemplating the idea of selling the Xbox division.  

The reason Arcade games went away because developers especially indies bitched and moaned about being marginalized.   

Great show as always. You were on target with some of the XB1 rants, esp. regarding the lack of an arcade section; I'm still pissed about the lack of demos.

However, the 360 didn't launch with a lot either... and I think the early adopters (myself included) should know what they're in for. I bought in early on the strength of Dead Rising 3 in particular, and was NOT disappointed; the game is phenomenally fun and addictive, and yes, next gen. I'm really surprised none of you have tried it. There is a demo, BTW.

I've not been bored with any of my XB1 titles... I play a few times per week at least, still haven't even started COD:Ghosts or Assassin's Creed 4.

I still don't see an existing PS4 exclusive that would make me jealous of that console, but I am indeed jealous of the better hardware performance results they've achieved and the PS+ bonuses. 

Kinect 2 isn't doing a lot for me lately aside from Just Dance, but my Kinect 1 TV stand works for it, so no extra $$ there.

So again guys... Dead Rising 3. Try it. If you like collecting and crafting plus mayhem, you'll be hooked.

Good job guys, we enjoyed listening to it on the ride to san fran. Seeing how ill prepared the manufacturers are for this new gaming generation for launch tittles, which system do you see yourself playing more old gen or new gen? Do you happen to have any more of the super league football table codes?

Thanks for another great show.  Having a CAGCast to listen to during my commute really brightens my day.

I'm always looking for fun games I can play in front of my young children.  If Garden Warfare were for PS4 I would probably get it.  I would like for it to have some single player component though.  And I'll obviously need to disable the multiplayer chat audio since I can't have my kids hearing random people cussing over the speakers.

I think it's funny that Wombat last episode (and the one before that too I think?) dismisses Titanfall's lasting ability, then this episode says Garden Warfare is dead once Titanfall comes out.  Which is it?!?

Still love ya though Wombat :)

I'm in for a code for Super League Football.

I listen to CAGCast weekly and would like to thank all 3 of you for consistently delivering quality shows. I apologize I do not have anything constructive to say. I am very interested in one of the Super League Football codes. Thank you.

I just gotta say that I loved that fuckin' podcast Intro! I listen to all my podcasts in my work truck while I drive. Once I hit play, my speakers came alive with plenty of thump and bump! I was like "Oh Hell Yea, this shit is my Jam!" and made my Friday that much better!!! Thanks guys!

1. For the love of the show... Wombat get a macbook pro!   

2. Enter me into the contest!  

3. N64 HDMI Adapter:  does this make it a better system than the WiiU? 

I bought a macbook pro to replace my old PC Toshiba laptop...  and I must admit, the laptop.  When I go to work I have to use a Windows laptop and it's disgusting.  I'm by no means an Apple fanboy, but they put a lot of work into their laptops and operating system and it shows.   If Thomas96 has a macbook then Wombat should have been had one.  

Play touchgrind skate 2 or true skate and you will see that you can have awesome precision skate game on mobile.

and Wombat should get a new Macbook or Mac Mini

I kind of find it odd that everyone forgot that Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 already came out for iOS platforms a few years ago..  Honestly it handles pretty well for a mobile game, based on it's console game.

Even though it was planned for a long time, it doesn't seem they were ready for the Xbox One release. The features, lack of Kinect games and apps, developer relations, etc. All that can be laid at the feet of Don Mattrick. What worries me is that no one else has stepped up as the strong leader for the division.

I'd like the Super League code too.

Even though it was planned for a long time, it doesn't seem they were ready for the Xbox One release. The features, lack of Kinect games and apps, developer relations, etc. All that can be laid at the feet of Don Mattrick. What worries me is that no one else has stepped up as the strong leader for the division.

Very good point! There has been no figure head for xbox since mattrick left.

Do you think they weren't planning on releasing the One when they did? Kind of feels that way to me.

Very good point! There has been no figure head for xbox since mattrick left.

Do you think they weren't planning on releasing the One when they did? Kind of feels that way to me.
Remember they had to delay the 'announcement' of XB1 a month or 2? I like to think that's because Major N made fun of "not showing the box" and they were like, oh crap, we have to build a box to show off for the TV/sports conference!

Remember they had to delay the 'announcement' of XB1 a month or 2? I like to think that's because Major N made fun of "not showing the box" and they were like, oh crap, we have to build a box to show off for the TV/sports conference!
Oh yeah...I do remember that! Haha!

Great show as always.  I get that as early adopters, you feel that you haven't gotten your money's worth out of the Xbox One, but did you honestly think it would be better?

Everything I heard pre-launch was that the systems weren't ready.

Anyways I'm interested in the Super League Football code as well.

thanks!

Great show guys. Enter me in the contest! I'd love to play the new South Park game. I agree being an Xbox One Day One owner we are getting shafted. Microsoft needs to step up their game the PS+ is an awesome service. Now with the titanfall package for $475 I feel like they need to offer everyone 50% off Titanfall for Xbox One.

Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck, as early adopters of the Xbox One, do you feel that Microsoft gave us the finger with this Titanfall Bundle.  I bought my Xbox one, day one for Dead Rising, Forza and Titanfall.  I did not need to have it on day one, as multiplatform games are better on the PS4.  If someone said, wait 3 months and get Titanfall for free, hell yes I would have waited to buy the system.  Microsoft is screwing over the early adopters of this system, and without the early adopters, they would not have an install base.  Sony gave us free games, and $10 to spend in the Sony store.  What did Microsift give us?

I disagree with the logic that a price drop was expected.  When is the last time there was a price drop less than 4 months after a console launched.  I also disagree with the logic that we got what we paid for.  What exactly did we get in our box for $500 that the people buying the bundle arent getting.  A day one controller, a sticker and some stupid achievement.  Microsoft needs to show some good faith and give something to anyone with a day one acheivement.

Weezer17 I agree with you one that. If you have a Day One achievement Microsoft should give you something. Maybe a free or $10 version of Titanfall? Microsoft are you listening?

Regarding co-op games where Player 2's progress "doesn't count" -- I'm like 90% sure that's an EA thing.  They did this in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, and it drove me nuts because even the Super Nintendo NBA Jam allowed every player to track their stats.  There is some sort of EA account that you have to sign into (on top of your Xbox Login), and only the player who signs in gets any progress in the game.

The PS3 Tetris, published by EA, had a hyped up muliplayer feature, but again required a sign-in apart from your PSN account, and only tracked one player.  This may have been a limitation of the PS3's user account system, to be fair, but it's still annoying when the excellent PS1 game "The Next Tetris" was built around multiple TRACKED local players.

I've become too much of a CAG, I love South Park and want to play Stick of Truth but my gut says it will drop in price fast... I will wait for a bargain bin price even though I am dying to play it!

Regarding the Titanfall bundle, on one hand I'm glad I returned my Xbox One (and PS4) preorder(s) to Amazon.

But then again, there doesn't seem to be much "next gen" stuff yet to get the new consoles (Titanfall or otherwise) and pay the early adopter premium.

The Xbox => Xbox 360 / PS2 => PS3 jump seemed much greater than Xbox 360 => Xbox One / PS3 => PS4.

By this point with the Xbox 360, I was getting a ton of use with it.

Listening to you guys complain about being 'early adopters' is pretty funny.   Getting screwed for buying early is basically the definition of 'early adopter'.  

bread's done
Back