CAGcast #43: Big Ass Chains

I guess it was a good show, as per the usual, just nothing outstandingly great.

As for the Saints Row section, I'd have to hope that it improves on any of San Andreas' faults since it's had nearly 2 years to do it since the game came out. I wouldn't exactly compare the two games just yet since one has the advantage of a more powerful console, so I'd wait until GTAIV for the final word, which the Saints Row sequel will probably be out by then.

As for the 100k PS3 units in Japan, it sounds similar to the DS Lite launch in Japan, which Nintendo only shipped out 80k units all across Japan which I think Cheapy mentioned hasn't quite met the demand just yet. Sony still plans 2 million by the end of the year, so shipments should continue after the initial launch like it did for the 360 last year.

Wombat, You have got to let Oblivion go.

Nice show by the way, a bit all over the place but got the info I needed and a couple of laughs. I actually made the girlfriend listen to the show and she thought you guys were funny too.

Nice contest too even if I have absolutely no idea what the price is.

My girlfriend is addicted to Flavor of Love, and I have yet to see this show. But, I did shake the hand of Flavor Flav back in 92... and typing that just made me feel old.

Great show guys, the extra time didn't make the show feel longer at all. I think I could probably listen to a 2 hour CAGcast with ease. Hearing Cheapy shout "BIG ASS CHAYYNNS!" repeatedly was a great touch. Anyway, keep up the good work! You guys make it sound easy.

s

I was laughing for awhile the first time I played Big Ass Chains online. Funny stuff. I'm glad this show was longer, and you guys did good to keep the jokes going.

j or 1

[quote name='CheapyD']Regarding the "row, row row" comment, you are correct. I realized right after I said it.

By the way, there is a difference between "nigga" and "nigger", see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3azWNDMhc[/quote]

Had to bring this up since everyone is overlooking it.

There is no difference if someone uses the word that is not African-American/Black even though that doesn't even justify the words.

Did you actually watch what you are trying to use as your defense? The guy tried to say it with the "a" instead of the "er" and it was offensive to everyone.

Big Ass Chains indeed

battleship_chains.jpg

Great show as always .

I enjoyed JimmieMac's appearance . Keep 'em coming .

h

As usual, I enjoyed the show but what became a couple minute discussion of nutrisystem was really, really tough to listen to. Congratualtions and all to wombat on his sucess but listening to him give off a really indiferent opinion to the whole thing has got to go.

R

Great show guys! Good to see just the classic duo hosting the CAGcast this week. Too bad there wasn't a segment of "Wombat's Burrow" or a "Your Man in Japan," but the best part of the show was when you guys mentioned :psp: Loco Rocco and didn't even talk about it.:rofl: In addition, congrats to Wombat (that's quite a milestone:applause:), and happy (early) birthday to Cheapy as well. The only thing wrong about the show was that it was too short, or it looked like you guys didn't have enough time to say everything you wanted to say. Perhaps you guys can extend the cast to 30 minutes more? Or get some new colors for those sweaters in the CAGschwag store? Fall is just around the corner.;)

z

I could hardly contain myself when you said your where going to give away some of those cool videogame noise makers. I have been looking for a Nintendo one around town but had no luck. Maybe I will get lucky now :)

CAG on

Kick ass show as always. You caught my attention when you said you were gong to give away some of those videogame noise makers. The Nintendo ones are so cool. Maybe I will get lucky and win one.

I agree with Wombat in thinking all media should come out on the same day every week.

Looking forward to next week.

[quote name='Ma12kez']The only thing wrong about the show was that it was too short, or it looked like you guys didn't have enough time to say everything you wanted to say.[/QUOTE]

What show were you listening to? This one was an hour and 11 minutes long!

Good show guys. Two things I want to point out.

1 - You don't have to buy the PGR3 Uno Deck to play with it. You can still join a hosted game, XBLA will simply download the deck into RAM. I do recommend you get it though. It actually adds some cool features to UNO that weren't available before. (Eliminator mode is sweet.)

2 - @Wombat - I emplore you to give Saint's Row a try. I was never been a fan of the "Senseless and Gratuitous Violence" style of gameplay either until I jumped online and played SR with others. The online mode adds a tangible purpose to the violence (oxymoron?), all while maintaining the distiction that SR is just a game. Also, hearing people shout, "Gimme Dat Big Ass Chain Nigga!" is really much funnier than it sounds.

y

[quote name='doctorfaustus']CheapyD, did you brush your teeth after that burp? It sounded as if particles of food somehow made it back up and were expelled in that one horrifying moment of audible rudeness. Thanks for keeping it classy!

s[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly. If that was a Coke burp, it would at least tasted alright on the way up. But yogurt and toast? Ooh gross, throw-up burp.

Jeremy

Awesome show guys! I've been holdoing out for the PS3 but after hearing Cheapy's review of Saint's Row I might have to get me some "Big Ass Chains"! Thanks again for the great podcast. I look forward to it every week. Big ups to Cheapy on the Birthday.

Secret Password - B

[quote name='headpiece747']Had to bring this up since everyone is overlooking it.

There is no difference if someone uses the word that is not African-American/Black even though that doesn't even justify the words.

Did you actually watch what you are trying to use as your defense? The guy tried to say it with the "a" instead of the "er" and it was offensive to everyone.[/quote]

hahaha I was thinking about that case as well. The Nick Minucci Case, happened recently in New York. I still find it funny that he profiled the victim (Glenn Moore) correctly, and I seriously wonder what would've happened if he didn't utter "it"...would it have been a hate crime (doubt it), an assault, or just taking a bite out of crime.

As long as Al Sharpton isn't a Cagcast Listener, CheapyD should be safe.

Like the little sheep that I am I did get Saint's Row, pretty fun singleplayer, like some of the stuff they implemented (GPS-ish Waypoint system, insurance fraud missions...god I love those). But my thing is...does Keith David breathe when he talks, it's like he's going a mile a minute. Still can't wait to finish the singleplayer, then I can get me some...BIG ASS CHAINS!

and also Pre-emptive Happy Birthday CheapyD

I too recommend the Oppo OPDV971H upconverting DVD player. I was looking for a good upscaling HDMI DVD player after I got my 60" Sony SXRD. I spent hours searching AVSforum, and saw the hundreds of posts that praised the Oppo. I was skeptical to buy a DVD from a company I've never heard of, but I took the chance, and don't regret it one bit.

The Oppo comes with a DVI/HDMI cable (or you can request a DVI/DVI cable). Oppo really supports the player with regular firmware upgrades that help correct minor issues with different displays. I bought the Oppo back in January, and looks great on the HDMI input. Great player for only 200 dollars.

I think it's a great player that will tide me over until HD-DVD players drop to the same price point.

http://www.oppodigital.com/opdv971h.html

w

Happy Birthday, Cheapy!
Happy Anniversary, Wombat!
Happy landings, JimmieMac!

;)

Really liked the show this week. Laughed hard when you guys started talking about Loco Roco, digressed for about 10 minutes, and then abruptly tried to get back on topic.

Cheapy: Thanks for taking the neutral and sensible side in the Wii debate. Anyone who tries to argue that the Wii will sell less than the GameCube is either irrationally devoted to one of the other console manufacturers or has completely lost his grip on reality. Sounds like you may make an easy $300, more than enough for a Wii and a game or two.

Wombat: I'm really feeling for you and your job situation. I hope things even out or you find a better opportunity. Here's a tip from my mom, from when she waited tables in college: If you're ever asked to make coffee and the victim in question takes it black (which it doesn't sound like this person does, what with all of that cream sniffing, but still), add several drops of food coloring. They won't be able to detect it as they're drinking it, but later it will turn their pee an interesting color. Use green or blue for fun, red if you want to be really evil.

e

[quote name='Milkyman']hearing wombat say "50 cents" was awesome hahahaha[/quote]

The highlight of the show. Oh yeah - congrats on the weight loss Wombat - I know how hard that is to do. Also congrats to Cheapy for the "no-pants-all-summer" thing. That rules.

h

FYI:

DO NOT SPEND MORE THEN 5$-10$ ON AN HDMI CABLE!!!!!!!

Just go to monoprice link below, scroll to the bottom of the page (28AWG) and pick your cable length.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&style=

Please! Spread the word! Digital connections like this do not require a super high quality cable. It would be comparable to buying a super gold coated USB cable. 99.999% of the time If it works it works perfectly.

Do not be a victim of cable price gouging!

Great show as always! Keep up the good work. Happy B-day CheapyD and good luck with your crappy job Wombat.

r

I really liked the show this week. I'm prbably one of the few CAGers to listed to the CAGcast before visiting the forums. Plus I've gotten my coworkers hooked too.

I kind of disagree on the saints row review. Despite its feature improvements, it just didn't have the magical feel that GTA games have. And the production definately wasn't Lazlow level quality. It's definately the best GTA game on 360 though.

Keep up the good work guys. q

"These interlocking circlets of metal are as large as the grandest donkey!"

I concur. Guests in ten-minute or so spurts would be a nice way to handle it.

t

[quote name='daphatty']

2 - @Wombat - I emplore you to give Saint's Row a try. I was never been a fan of the "Senseless and Gratuitous Violence" style of gameplay either until I jumped online and played SR with others. The online mode adds a tangible purpose to the violence (oxymoron?), all while maintaining the distiction that SR is just a game. Also, hearing people shout, "Gimme Dat Big Ass Chain Nigga!" is really much funnier than it sounds.[/QUOTE]

I thought he said he ordered a copy from play-asia but they ran out so he's on a backorder.

Overall a good episode. I have to agree that have guests only on for a section would be best, rather than having them on the whole episode. You guys work best alone I think. Then again I thought it was a funnier episode last week when JimmieMac was on. I guess it was mainly because of Enchanted Arms. Keep up the good work.

m

The show is great always funny like always. Yeah the Pheonix Wright sounds awesome I wonder if he can post pixs of them.

z

Keep up the good work fellas. I so jealous of your jobs. What jobs you ask? Sitting on ass all day and playing video games... or smelling half and half. Nice I really hope that was joke.

So am I the only person who has a long commute in this world. My job is like 30 miles from my home but on average takes about 90 minutes. The only thing i look forward to is listening to guys back and forth to work on my PSP. Thanks for the best podcast in the universe and for one of the best websites out there.

Okay, I'll stop kissing your arses for some freebies. Give up those big ass chains bitches! Oh yeah by the way, love the Seinfeld the best show everrrrrr...... reference in the last episode. "...Not that there's anything wrong with that...."

Thanks,
T-Bone and COCO

"T"

Nice show this week. I'll be glad when the Wii and PS3 come out so we can have some talk other than 360 and Oblivion.

Here's a question for CheapyD and Wombat: It seems you both really like the DS but hardly ever talk about it, why is that? I'd much rather hear about what you are playing on the DS than the 360. Or at least try and even it out a bit. Thanks.

Also, why do you guys act as if you are running long if the show goes over an hour? I don't think you listeners care if you go longer. Or is it because Wombat needs to get to sleep?

w

Great show, I liked it much better then the show last week. I liked the guest from Kotoku, but I wasn't a huge fan of Jimmie.
Hopefully next week Cheapy can talk to the people at Joystiq and see why they hyped their stupid midnight Wii story.
n

Keeps getting better with every cast, I just wish you release on a regular schedule. Please send me my prize wrapped in a Japanese McDonald's napkin if I win.

a

w00t, I'm popping my CAG forums cherry by stopping in to say that I thought this week's show was great! I thought the last couple were kind of downers, but this week was back to what I have come to expect.

Of course, even when the shows are down, they're still good, so...

Congratulations, Wombat, on sticking with the NutriSystem. I must confess that the ad makes me laugh every time I see it say something about "real man food" but if it works, it works.
And happy birthday, Cheapy!!! :)

n

Great Show.

You guys should add a segment. "My favorite game" where cheapy picks a game he loves (can be new or old) and you guys talk about it. Wombat will probably rip it...

mm07

Sure XBox 360 games are doing well but next week the DS owns gaming. Lets hear more about DS games than the five or less minutes you guys give it.
Last letter: w
Last character (number): 2

bread's done
Back