CAGcast #44: The Other Reggie

Hmmmm... Has anyone in this thread ever actually heard anything back from the Best Buy "research department?"

"Best Buy Research Department"--What is that, anyway? I can just see a guy from the geek squad sitting in front of a blank Google search page doing "research."

Wii-mote cost... way over priced (at least for a "new" generation console :roll:). If your going to play a classic four player game like TMNT from Konami or Golden Eye for the N64 then you would have to buy:

4 Wii-motes $120
4 Wii classic controllers $80
Total - $200.00

Q: Why buy 3 more Wii-motes?
A: If this is going to be the "family freindly" game console, Mom, Dad, Nanna, and G-pops all have to have a controller. Imagine a 4 player quiz show for the Wii with only 2 wii-mote. yeah right.

PS3... Unessasary hardware?! As an influental web personality I expected better but seeing how the cag cast recently has a heavy lean toward the X360 I'm chalking the "system war" talk into the "mindless chatter" bin.

Haha, that was a nice show, though seemed a little off tangent, but nonetheless a nice show. I also agree with Wombats way of thinking about the Wii peripherals.

A

Thanks for keeping all the shows under the hour and a half range. I always burn them to cd and listen to them in the car. Good Stuff!

R

Great show guys! Always loved the 1, 2 punch combo of Cheapy and Wombat. Seemed like Wombat was more aggressive in this show than any other one thus far. Whatever happened to "Wombat's Burrow?" Anyway, keep it up guys.

a

Great podcast but I do have a few suggestions. First, I would like to hear more from our "man in japan." Maybe you could talk about weird ass tv shows or something. Second, stop talking about Oblivion. If I hear one more thing about that damn game I'm going to fly to New York to kick that Nutrisystem-eatin' Wombat in the gonads. Third, please make sure to speak with a consistent volume. Sometimes both of your voices trail off and its kind of hard to hear.

Question for Cheapy to the D: Do you watch mixed martial arts events like Pride and K-1 Heroes?

J

[quote name='cjhooper']Second, stop talking about Oblivion. If I hear one more thing about that damn game I'm going to fly to New York to kick that Nutrisystem-eatin' Wombat in the gonads.[/quote]:rofl:

I had to give my dog a chewable pill once and that was an epic struggle.

I can't imagine the difficulty Wombat had. At least we could hide our dog's medicine inside of some lunchmeat. Somehow I doubt that approach would work with Zelda.

Prove me wrong, Wombat... Prove me wrong.

L

I think it's funny you guys set out to do an "abbreviated" episode and it turned out to be just as long and high quality as your other episodes. Well done. And, Zelda was quite prominent in this one...you could hear the pitter patter of her feet and her squeak toy at one point.

h

Was that Mrs. Wombat calling out Zelda in the middle of the show? Strange moments like that make this one of my favorite podcasts. Can't wait for the TGS edition.

-a

Good show. You almost got me sold on the Sierra adventure collection re-releases, but the one I was most looking forward to, Leisure Suit Larry Collection, actually has LESS stuff than the previous collections. It doesn't even have LSL7, the only one anyone is really interested in in the first place. Lame.
e

Great show, Way to pick your battles Cheapy D. You should use your leverage against BestBuy to promote your ChildsPlay donation efforts to make them feel like dicks for messing with you.

x

Great show again, guys.

As for the Best Buy/Gamespot thing, I think Cheapy's right in that it's dated and irrelevant enough to not be worth fighting about it.

e

bread's done
Back