CAGcast #45: The Tokyo Game Show Show

I liked the show as always. I can't believe that I've actually listened to all 45 of them. The WLA guy sounds old enough to be my dad.

WTF Cheapy? The PS3 is totally upgradable. You can get the card reader, wifi, bigger HDD later on. I don't know why anyone would want those things, but you CAN upgrade it. The tard pack isn't retarded at all. It's the "basic" pack, while the other is the "needlessly fancy" pack.

Wasn't feeling this one. It was pretty much CheapyD being annoyed over TGS . Dare I say CheapyD has become jaded? As for the whole "Gay" thing, I don't like it. The reason why is you go on to say rascist stuff like "the 'tard system."
Either all of it is ok or none of it is.

Considering that Cheapy had cold & prob. felt like shit, I think it was a pretty good show. I enjoyed the report from TGS, & have MS really given up on the Japanese market, you'd think so, & no beer??

Anyway, the 'gagcast' was just a typo, doh! Won't make that mistake again:)

Good show, though Cheapy sounded beat. TGS sounded like a bust. Get down wit' yo bad self, Wombat.

Hearing that Zelda sound toy was like a dagger in my heart, because I know that Bazz owns it now. :(

[quote name='KaneRobot']That's a pretty gay thing to be bothered about.

I like how you put the "pressure" on the show by prematurely thanking them for not doing it anymore though - that always works.[/QUOTE]

Did you listen to the podcast? Cursor wasn't bringing it up out of the blue. The guys specifically addressed this issue and Cheapy said he agreed that using the term "gay" as a synonym for "lame" was pretty stupid. Of course, they then proceeded to riff on this discussion for the rest of the show, but at that point they were just being irreverent.

I happen to agree with Cursor. Whether you find it offensive or just immature, it's annoying. I hadn't really noticed them using the term that way much in the past, but apparently somebody did. I used to listen to a DS-specific podcast that I kicked to the curb at the exact moment they spent 15 minutes explaining that "ghey" was different than "gay" and it was just a "technical term" they used (constantly) and people were silly to get offended. Whatever. :roll:

Oh, and this discussion has absolutely no bearing on the entertainment quotient of Hard Gay.

Decent show. Cheers to Wombat for "keepin it real." Jeers to Cheapy for censoring himself.

Sorry people, but there IS a such thing as being "so gay" or "too gay." Problem is, you have to be heterosexual to truly understand that it has nothing to do with your sexual preference/orientation. Maybe he should have used "too flamboyant" to describe the game character's behavior. Then again, perhaps not.

[quote name='daphatty']Decent show. Cheers to Wombat for "keepin it real." Jeers to Cheapy for censoring himself.

Sorry people, but there IS a such thing as being "so gay" or "too gay." Problem is, you have to be heterosexual to truly understand that it has nothing to do with your sexual preference/orientation. Maybe he should have used "too flamboyant" to describe the game character's behavior. Then again, perhaps not.[/QUOTE]

I agree that "too flamboyant" would have been a good way to go in that discussion. But we're talking more about using "gay" interchangably with "lame" or "stupid," as in "The design of the PS3 is so gay."

I quit watching 'The Flintstones' , because they used the word gay in their theme song .
How dare they use the word gay when not referring to homosexuals in a positive way .
They've been getting away with it for practically 40 years !!

rw-fred.jpg

We're here !
We're homophobes !
Get used to it !

[quote name='daphatty']Decent show. Cheers to Wombat for "keepin it real." Jeers to Cheapy for censoring himself.

Sorry people, but there IS a such thing as being "so gay" or "too gay." Problem is, you have to be heterosexual to truly understand that it has nothing to do with your sexual preference/orientation. Maybe he should have used "too flamboyant" to describe the game character's behavior. Then again, perhaps not.[/quote]
:roll: I am heterosexual & I find the term offensive. Gay is used almost exclusively to mean Gay people today, & describing something lame as gay is the same as saying being gay is lame - there isn't any grey area. I reckon you just think it doesn't mean gay people because it's used so much. You could apply your reasoning to any number of terms which (thankfully) aren't used now.

[quote name='Richlough']I quit watching 'The Flintstones' , because they used the word gay in their theme song .
How dare they use the word gay when not referring to homosexuals in a positive way .
They've been getting away with it for practically 40 years !!

We're here !
We're homophobes !
Get used to it !
[/quote]

I never said anyone had to like Gay people, & if you wanna be a homophobe fine, just so long as you are just as happy to wear your racism or being a sexist git-ism (as examples) as a badge of honour, then all power to you. I'd just prefer it that bigots keep their bigotry to themselves & treat other people with the respect they'd like to be treated with.

Don't worry, I'm sure everybody is already used to homophobes.

[quote name='PlanetXpress']:roll: I am heterosexual & I find the term offensive. Gay is used almost exclusively to mean Gay people today, & describing something lame as gay is the same as saying being gay is lame - there isn't any grey area. I reckon you just think it doesn't mean gay people because it's used so much. You could apply your reasoning to any number of terms which (thankfully) aren't used now.

I never said anyone had to like Gay people, & if you wanna be a homophobe fine, just so long as you are just as happy to wear your racism or being a sexist git-ism (as examples) as a badge of honour, then all power to you. I'd just prefer it that bigots keep their bigotry to themselves & treat other people with the respect they'd like to be treated with.

Don't worry, I'm sure everybody is already used to homophobes.[/QUOTE]

You are an overly sensitive person .
Everybody doesn't have to stop doing something because you're offended .

Thank you , for being what's a major problem with society today .
[that's sacasm , in case you misinterpret it , like you did the Fred & Barney caption]

[quote name='PlanetXpress']:roll: I am heterosexual & I find the term offensive. Gay is used almost exclusively to mean Gay people today, & describing something lame as gay is the same as saying being gay is lame - there isn't any grey area. I reckon you just think it doesn't mean gay people because it's used so much. You could apply your reasoning to any number of terms which (thankfully) aren't used now.

Don't worry, I'm sure everybody is already used to homophobes.[/quote]Welcome to our forums. Now shut up.

If you want to debate with the big boys, at least say something meaningful.

Good show guys. I for one enjoyed the TGS walkthrough, though not enough Wii coverage. Was it really almost non-existent with only 3rd party stuff?

How about some video game sound effects for the different segments?

I've actually heard people use "gay" as in lame way more often lately. Its use seems so commonplace - and never in a homopohobic context - that I never get the impression it is being used to consciously bash homosexuality...

Oh, and...
[quote name='encendido5']How about some video game sound effects for the different segments?[/quote]
Please, no. I've rarely heard a podcast that does this well.

It was a good show. Could have used a little less crying from listeners, that was totally gay, but the rest was good. Get well Cheapy, I am fighting off my awesome sinus infection that almost made my doctor puke. Congrats on the new job Wombat. Can't wait for the next episode.

Posting for the contest ... AND just a thought on the whole gay situation:

"We're here, we're queer, we don't want anymore bears!"

Think about it...

[quote name='AK85']Great Show.

Wombat must have hit the extra funny button for this cast, he had quite a few one-liners.[/quote]

I thought Wombat was pretty "on" as well. I would guess that switching jobs totally changed his state of mind.

Not to beat the "half-and-half" horse, but I was telling my wife about Wombat's job plight. She said it sounded a lot like my job. Then it occurred to me that I was following Wombat's job with the same interest she follows celebrity gossip sites.

I call that a moment of clarity...

"Lame" is a very able-ist term. As a person with prosthetic legs, I find it offensive.

Why couldn't Cheapy get Wombat some plane tickets to come to Tokyo?

And Ramen is the equivilent to chesse burger and fries? I just don't see how the two even compare.

Calling things GAY is fun. I don't care if it hurts peoples feelings, because their feelings probably get hurt if their mom doesn't cut the crust off their sandwiches. RE-fucking-LAX already. You'll live longer.

bread's done
Back