CAGcast #83: Nuts Ahoy!

Congrats on your "secret" Cheapy!
Please hand over control of the website before October to Wombat, before you have to start selling off your videogames and Robocop collection! *Just kidding* ;)

pfft, sorry Cheapy but i disagree, Nintendo had the WORST press conference. i wanted to bail 3 times when i was watching it live. their presentations for the games were half-assed. all they really focused on, aside from their constant gloating was WiiFit. it was lame and boring.

Sony and MS's press conference had actual game demos and some exciting trailers. you are wrong.

Just listened recently and congrats Cheapy!

Other than that great show, but Wombat is nuts for thinking Jade Empire was Bioware's best Xbox game, unless there was a better version that was released that I somehow missed. The combat was far too simple, and had the easiest final boss battle in the history of gaming. Plus while the early levels had long and engaging storylines, the last couple felt short and rushed. KOTOR, FTW.

Is anyone having a problem with the CAGCast pop-up player? Mine's giving me this error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/bigconta/domains/bigcontact.com/public_html/dbconnect.php on line 5
Unable to connect to MySQL
Using Firefox 2

EDIT: Must have been temporarily down. Its up now.

Congratulations on the new baby, Cheapys (or is it Cheapies?)!

Cheapy, as a fellow gamer dad of 3, let me say that your game life and...well another important aspect of your life with Mrs Cheapy...are so pwned :D.

But yes, it's worth it!

I don't know how you're going to record a CAGcast with a baby, though.

Tip: You can play flow and some Wii games with one hand (while holding a baby). Turn based RPGs and the DS are also your friends.

Great show this week , last week was kind of a bust this one was the show that should of been last weeks.

Anyhow Congratulations on little cheapy on the way. Also what kind of name are you planing for him a more of a Japanese name or a American name?

Also about MGS4 , Kojima wanted to do an on stage demo at Sony Press Confrence , but Sony said no to it. They wanted Killzone to be the head name talked about at their Press Conference.

Of course Congratulations once again and would love to hear about names you have in store for little Cheapy.

Congrats Cheapy! You got one past the goalie :)

I was completely and pleasantly surprised that you would choose a CAGCast to make the big announcement. As a dad I can attest to the many great things that await you and Mrs Cheapy and while you will hear many scary tales of parenthood (loss of sleep, no time, diapers) don't be intimidated by them and if you are half the man you are on the CAGCast you'll make a great dad.

And believe people when they tell you your life will change. As a gamer I had to make adjustments (buying more kids games, only playing M rated games at night, etc) but all that pales to the positive such when my 3 yrd old got to see Guitar Hero for the first time.

Tell Mrs Cheapy to enjoy the Japanese hospitals which I hear are way better than american ones for giving birth. And don't forget to do all the heavy lifting for Mrs Cheapy!

First of all, congrats on your recent success, both on Digg and with the podcast awards. The CAGCast is right up there among my favorite videogame podcasts, alongside 1Up Yours. One segment I think you guys could borrow, and would benefit from, is the 1Up Crew's Whatcha Been Playing?. I know you both mention games you have been playing throughout the show, but a more detailed and structured segment would allow for more of your gaming experiences (and opinions) to be shared with the listeners.

Just a thought, keep up the good work!

FYI to quote the 1up yours podcast from 7/20:

"...The Playstation show in Japan the next day [after E3] where all the 3rd party games were was the big fuck you to Santa Monica E3..."

They also stated that most of the Japanese Press wasn't invited to this year's E3 which may explain why Kojima left out the shiny gameplay trailer from E3. Why would he showcase has best stuff when the press he actually cares about namely Japanese press wasn't there?

Wow...I go out of town for a week and this happens. Congrats, Cheapy clan! Now you'll join the likes of Crecente, Ashcraft, Gabe, and Tycho in the "Game Web site icons with kids" category. I think at least some credit should be given to the Rez Trance Vibrator.

Give the little guy a good real world name, but I think around here we should call him Cheapy Wee (then again, might be hard to get that past Nintendo's lawyers). Also, please refrain from videotaping the birth and putting it on YouTube. The marital friction it will cause is not worth the Diggs.

Incidentally, tomorrow is my birthday and my wife just happens to be ovulating at the same time. So we thought we'd roll the baby dice, just for fun. If nothing comes of it, we'll wait til next year to start trying in earnest. Why do I feel like Luke as he's about to make his Death Star trench run?

[quote name='Tybee']Also, please refrain from videotaping the birth and putting it on YouTube. [/quote]

But we all know how popular his UNBOXING videos are...this would be the ultimate Cheapy unboxing video.

I think Wombat summed up the first half of this show pretty well "Are we done recapping last week's show?"

It felt like it.

The intro music was one of the best. I remember playing the shit out of PaRappa the Rapper back in the day. I only would've needed 2 questions to guess the Mrs. Cheapy was knocked up, Shame on you Wombat. Just what we need another Cheapy walking around filming unboxing videos. Wombat, wonder what game you will pick? Let us know.

Sorry for being somewhat late, but congrats Cheapy! (Although, is it wrong of me to imagine Mrs. Cheapy breaking the news to you with subtle hints, ala to Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction?)

Soon, you'll realize that sleep will become a form of currency during midnight feedings and such. ("I'll get this one if you rub my feet in the morning...)

Totally worth it though. My son turns 4 in a few weeks and he's already beaten Golden Axe on XBL. (In fact, he figured out not only how to download movies and games, but how to buy MS Points. He then figured out how to reconnect the wireless adapter when I tried to put a stop to that. I even had to give him his own gamer tag when I realize I now have friends in Japan and Mexico on my friends list...)

When he gets older and you have someone to game with, it is so cool - it kinda re-ignites some of the excitement when watching him play something like Super Mario Bros for the first time and figuring out things in the game that we have known for 20 years and have taken for granted...

EDIT: Thank you for mentioning what a waste themes are now! I bought a Dead Rising theme (the Jessie one, which is supposed to be fan service), andthere is just no point to the themes anymore. Everything ends up totally covered! (I checked out a few other themes I had gotten in the past, such as PDZ, and while most of them are just ugly, the ads on top just make them uglier. I ended up just going back to the Glass theme...)

bread's done
Back