CAGcast #83: Nuts Ahoy!

I got mentioned by name in my first CAGcast! BOOYA!

I think you might be right about why the EGM/1up guys didn't like the new E3: laziness.

Good lord I lol'd pretty damn hard with the Peter Moore impressions bit.

"polish me knob, guv'nah!" bwahawhawhaw!

Gratz on the newest cag, cheapy! You now have an heir to Slytherin your mass fortune. Prepare for sleepness nights that have nothing to do with gaming...

[quote name='Gentlegamer']I got mentioned by name in my first CAGcast! BOOYA!

I think you might be right about why the EGM/1up guys didn't like the new E3: laziness.[/quote]:lol: The king of laziness calling other people lazy?

The only negative things I've heard any of them say about E3 is that it's not centralized and that nothing was really a surprise at the show.

I'm sorry to hear about your xbox 360 problems, I'm holding off until they put the new designs out on the market this year. Since I assume shipping would be at your cost due to living in Japan, and much too expensive, have you tried the xclamp fix?

The link is:
http://rbjtech.bulldoghome.com/pages/rbjtech_bulldoghome_com/XClampIII.htm

Take it for what it's worth, but people over at some other sites like Gamefaqs have reported this fix to work when even the towel trick fails.

Link to more fix methods:
http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/forums/post-18473.html

I hope this helps!

Congrats Cheapy!

[quote name='HooHaa']Listening to it now, good show so far. ;)

EDIT #2: Congratulations! Your genitals work! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Unlike Wombats.

[quote name='Wurz7']Congrats cheapy!! Hope he has a shiny bald head as well[/quote]

I imagine the baby will probably have one when it first comes out. Not always, of course, but chances are good. Place yer bets!

Why didnt you guys talk about this?

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200707/N07.0720.1230.26535.htm?Page=4

Kim: Yeah, but here's the thing: I think one of the most important, subtle announcements at the Xbox 360 briefing is that Resident Evil is coming to Xbox 360. Yes, it's from Capcom, who's been a great supporter of us.
GI: But we knew that two years ago.
Kim: What?
GI: Resident Evil. It was shown at TGS two years ago.
Kim: No, but coming to Xbox 360.
GI: Yeah. It was at the press event.
Kim: I don't think so.
GI: I'm positive. I was there.
Kim: Really?
GI: It was shown at both press conferences.
Kim: That RE5 was coming to…?
GI: Yep.
Kim: I'm going to have to confirm that. That was supposed to be the big announcement

BTW, Congrats. I call that he will go as robocop for Halloween.

[quote name='thorbahn3']What if the kid came out black? That would be the greatest plot twist ever! Especially since he lives in Japan.[/quote]

also funny if you remember what mrs cheapys grandma i think, or was it mom, said to her before she left to the usa

Shocker! best conference is the one with Cheapy on the big screen. Also shocker! notorious fatass gamers complain about walking around E3 but get excited about Wii Fit. I hope that Fit scale is a truck scale. Little known MGS fact, Snake is named after his affinity for trouser snakes. The great thing about MGS games is that you can plow through them if you want Mr. Wombat. Btw congrats to the Cheapys on fulfilling their biological objective. October due date = No Mass Effect in '07. From one father to another, get ready for the greatest experience of your life and say goodbye to gaming. Peep my baby girl in case you missed it the 1st time.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1086/580683877_c7051a1190_b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQrWjN6aPY

oh yeah my youtube The Darkness Ending Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMqH7BvMLdM

hahahah i just got to the part where cheapy talks about trying to prank a few people acting like peter moore.

Funny as hell.

Wombat too.

:)

Had to rewind and play that again.

Well I have something in response to #83. Cheapy was talking about E3 and who he thought won and lost with respect to the press conferences, etc... I just didn't get how other than the purest of Nintendo fanboys he is the ONLY and I mean ONLY one that though Nintendo had the best press conference!?!?! What exactly did they show?
I HAD to miss something, along with every other report that I saw come from E3, becuase the only thing that I saw was Metroid and Wii Fit!!!!! I mean come on, that is why true gamers don't have Wii's in their house.

Now I've heard some arguments that Sony won the press conferences, that MS won the press conferences, but NOBODY has until Cheapy said it, have I heard someone say Nintendo won it with Wii Fit.

I just didn't understand this at all, what was so compelling about the Nintendo conference? I'm willing to take note that I could have missed something along with everyone else. What was it that I missed, and please don't say the Wii Fit, because that's not worthy of conference of show?

[quote name='scooterge558']I mean come on, that is why true gamers don't have Wii's in their house.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but this statement negates everything else you said :roll:.

I give Cheapy kudos for picking Nintendo (though, as he says, they all kind of sucked so it's not like he thought Nintendo blew the others away). We know from the CAGcast that he's no Nintendo fanboy, so it is his genuine opinion based on what he saw.

I agree. Juarez is a perfectly acceptable Western shooter. I would have prefered some light RPG elements, but other wise, it was a fun shooter.

The Darkness is pretty solid, as well. Beat them both and really enjoyed them. I like games I can go through and not have to think too much about.

Congratulations on the news Cheapy!

I have a 3 1/2 year old son and a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I was listening to one of your podcasts in the car and you played the Xbox 360 startup sound - my son piped up from the back seat to say "that's your videogame Daddy!" This is the kind of stuff you have to look forward to :)

Also, if you'd like me to send you a diagram of how to hold a sleeping newborn and a controller at the same time, I can provide that.

[quote name='cyrix`']draven-x i wouldn't listen to the cagcast with lil ones in the car.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I have to stop it to talk about the trees, cars, sky, planes and everything else they see out the windows.

The CAGCast is pretty tame, all things considered. Luckily I didn't have to explain "Vagina Clown" to them. They missed that episode.

BTW, Cheapy you keep saying that the 360 has "no question" the best line-up this Holiday season? Really?

The 360 has Mass Effect, Halo 3, F.E.A.R Files, Blue Dragon, Fatal Inertia, Katamari, Ace Combat, Bioshock, Two Worlds, PGR 4, and Battlestar Galactica

The PS3 has Ratchet&Clank, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgement, Unreal Tournament 3, Haze, Lair, Warhawk, LBP Demo (The Demo will be realeased this year on PSN, with the full version next year on Blu-Ray with levels created by users), Folklore, Hot Shots Golf, GT5 Prologue, and Time Crisis 4

Or the Wii with it's big titles such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros, Metriod Prime 3, Mario Strikers, Zack and Wiki, and Soul Calibur.

I think all 3 consoles have an extremely positive outlook this year, but I wouldn't say one is definitely better than the others, as it is a matter of taste of what type of games you like.

Congrats on the baby news, Cheapy!

I enjoyed the show as always this week, although I must say that there was quite a bit of marijuana talk by Cheapy throughout. Got a craving for some cannabis or what?

I enjoyed this show, but I have to say, this is the first episode where I've agreed with other (previous) statements that Cheapy talks over Wombat too much. Maybe it was just because he was feeling rushed for the BBC stuff, but all too often, Cheapy said his thing and moved on, or asked Wombat for his opinion but didn't let him get it all out.

While I was driving home today (and listening to the actual part of the cast where Cheapy announced it), I for some reason thought of my brother and please please please please Cheapy don't give your son some name because it's "funny." My last name is pronounced "pilot." My brother named his son Otto. Otto Maddock "Pilot" (automatic pilot). If you do something like that to your son, I'll honestly stop listening to the show. ;)

[quote name='terpkristin']I enjoyed this show, but I have to say, this is the first episode where I've agreed with other (previous) statements that Cheapy talks over Wombat too much. Maybe it was just because he was feeling rushed for the BBC stuff, but all too often, Cheapy said his thing and moved on, or asked Wombat for his opinion but didn't let him get it all out.

While I was driving home today (and listening to the actual part of the cast where Cheapy announced it), I for some reason thought of my brother and please please please please Cheapy don't give your son some name because it's "funny." My last name is pronounced "pilot." My brother named his son Otto. Otto Maddock "Pilot" (automatic pilot). If you do something like that to your son, I'll honestly stop listening to the show. ;)[/QUOTE]

Dude that's a badass name! :cool:

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']BTW, Cheapy you keep saying that the 360 has "no question" the best line-up this Holiday season? Really?

The 360 has Mass Effect, Halo 3, F.E.A.R Files, Blue Dragon, Fatal Inertia, Katamari, Ace Combat, Bioshock, Two Worlds, PGR 4, and Battlestar Galactica

The PS3 has Ratchet&Clank, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgement, Unreal Tournament 3, Haze, Lair, Warhawk, LBP Demo (The Demo will be realeased this year on PSN, with the full version next year on Blu-Ray with levels created by users), Folklore, Hot Shots Golf, GT5 Prologue, and Time Crisis 4

Or the Wii with it's big titles such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros, Metriod Prime 3, Mario Strikers, Zack and Wiki, and Soul Calibur.

I think all 3 consoles have an extremely positive outlook this year, but I wouldn't say one is definitely better than the others, as it is a matter of taste of what type of games you like.[/QUOTE]
All three consoles do have rather solid holiday line-ups this year, but you can't deny that the 360 has the strongest line-up when it comes to first and third party titles. Halo 3 is undoubtly the biggest game comming out this year, Mass Effect is one of the most talked about games comming out this year from E3, Bioshock, PGR4, Half-Life 2 Orange Box, and Blue Dragon all look amazing. Not to mention the EA sports games will run at 60 fps opposed to the PS3 versions running at 30 fps and the 360 will be getting the better version of GTA IV.

Sony probably has the weakest line-up this holiday season despite having some great looking titles, none of them are going to sell systems like games like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Galaxy will.

Despite this though we all know that Nintendo will continue to dominate throughout the Christmas season. Look at how well they are doing with next to no worthwhile games out, just imagine when they have the three games every Nintendo fanboy has been having wet dreams about for the past couple of years.

congratulations cheapy and mrs cheapy! just please refrain from naming your son Murphy.

oh yeah, another enjoyable show cheapy and wombat!

Funny how gamespot, Ign and 1Up all said that sony had the best conference and nintendo had the worst.

After watching all 3, I'll go with the big sites on that topic. And wombat the head guy making MGS4 has gone on record saying that he misses the old format of E3 and hates the new version. I think that has alot to do with him not playing it at E3.

[quote name='terpkristin']I enjoyed this show, but I have to say, this is the first episode where I've agreed with other (previous) statements that Cheapy talks over Wombat too much.[/quote] And yet I was still late to my interview.

I just got to the big secret (I save my podcasts for when I'm driving around), so I just wanted to say congrats to Cheapy and Mrs. Cheapy.

[quote name='Sigma']All three consoles do have rather solid holiday line-ups this year, but you can't deny that the 360 has the strongest line-up when it comes to first and third party titles. Halo 3 is undoubtly the biggest game comming out this year, Mass Effect is one of the most talked about games comming out this year from E3, Bioshock, PGR4, Half-Life 2 Orange Box, and Blue Dragon all look amazing. Not to mention the EA sports games will run at 60 fps opposed to the PS3 versions running at 30 fps and the 360 will be getting the better version of GTA IV.

Sony probably has the weakest line-up this holiday season despite having some great looking titles, none of them are going to sell systems like games like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Galaxy will.

Despite this though we all know that Nintendo will continue to dominate throughout the Christmas season. Look at how well they are doing with next to no worthwhile games out, just imagine when they have the three games every Nintendo fanboy has been having wet dreams about for the past couple of years.[/quote]

1. Half Life Orange box is coming out for PS3 as well.
2. People bought Madden on PS2 and Xbox when it played only at 30 fps, and I don't think the average consumer even knows about that, so while it is an issue, not a big one.
3. The episodic content for GTA IV won't be out till next year so that doesn't factor in.
4. I will agree with you, name wise MS has the best line-up when it comes to having the most recognizable games, however, game quality wise it's hard to make that arguement as there are NO exclusive action or platforming games coming out this year for 360, and as a fan of those type of games, the 360 line-up does not have me that excited.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']1. Half Life Orange box is coming out for PS3 as well.
2. People bought Madden on PS2 and Xbox when it played only at 30 fps, and I don't think the average consumer even knows about that, so while it is an issue, not a big one.
3. The episodic content for GTA IV won't be out till next year so that doesn't factor in.
4. I will agree with you, name wise MS has the best line-up when it comes to having the most recognizable games, however, game quality wise it's hard to make that arguement as there are NO exclusive action or platforming games coming out this year for 360, and as a fan of those type of games, the 360 line-up does not have me that excited.[/QUOTE]

episodic content matters when the game is released because people will be deciding which version to buy when it comes out and thats all that matters when looking at "this holiday season"

you shouldn't throw in the lbp demo, and gt5 prologue in that list as they are not like the other titles.

I don't think that hot shots golf, haze, folklore and eye of judgement have the same buzz as any of these titles.

I agree with you on the rest of your ps3 list looking good though.

[quote name='Sigma']All three consoles do have rather solid holiday line-ups this year, but you can't deny that the 360 has the strongest line-up when it comes to first and third party titles.
[/QUOTE]

No, I'd agree that MS has the best lineup of [highlight]first and third person shooters[/highlight] this holiday (and I include Mass Effect in there - doesn't look like an RPG to me). If you are into those types of games (like Cheapy and many others on this site) then it is a no-brainer that they have the best. For others it appears more balanced as the other two, while having less (potential!) AAA titles, have a better variety of games.

Hey CheapyD, congrats on the kid. You are now living the full dream; living in Japan, married an Asian girl, living off video games and ya got a kid along the way. CONGRATS!

Now for my point, ya mention MGS4 a lot but sometimes don't realize that some of your info is a bit off. It's mostly opinion of course but just incase I thought I'd write some quick points incase they help you see what MGS is all about. (Since its not an easy game to get into)

-All MGS games except Portable Ops, used a real time engine to show their cinematics. Which means that the graphics in the cinematics are the same graphics used while in game play.

-Also I dont know why many MGS fans never noticed this but game play footage was actually showed a while back ago. I think it was TGS, not sure. It did have a very cinematic feel but at the end of the day it was game play. Not sure why people disregarded this video.

-Wombat says he doesn't like to stand still in games. Well MGS doesnt have to be played as a stealth game. You can actually just shoot your way through enemies. Sure you will die a bit more but I know its possible because I've done it. Sometimes I really wanted to see what would happen next in the story and I didn't have time to hide in a locker.

-The whole punching of the testicle thing was pretty much Kojima's humor at work. MGS is a very serious game so Kojima does his best to try and not make the series feel so up tight. Which reminds me you noticed all the ball grabbing but made no mention of the now flip able girly magazines. Shame.

-Guns of the Patriots is really a subtitle only MGS fans can recognize. Really big to the story and would be a huge spoiler for anyone who is just getting into the series.

-The reason MGS wasn't showed in E3 by my opinion is that it was more important for Kojima to show it at the 20th anniversary party. That's just a guess though.

-Many fans describe MGS as an interactive movie, not sure how truthful that statement is but I do know that not a single fan of the series wants shorter cinematics. I think we were all mad when MGS3 featured less cinematics. It truly is a brilliant story.

Well that's all I think I should say. There's probably more but this is long enough as it is. We all have our opinions so this game might just not be for you guys.

I really enjoy the CAGcast and can't wait to listen to the next one. Keep up the good work.

Congrats on the baby Cheapy! I've got a 7 month old myself and while she does cut into the game time a little, she's totally worth it.

Hope all goes well for Mrs. Cheapy in the pregnancy.

I want to thank you for talking about this week's Circuit City deal with the 1600 point cards on the podcast. It's rare that you talk about upcoming cheap ass deals, and since I don't frequent the forums much, I often miss out on these great finds.

Thanks for giving me half a week of heads up time - I was able to check the stickied thread, get the lowdown, and bought four 1600 point cards before the rest of the internet caught fire and figured out what the CAGs have known for weeks.

:applause:

As always, keep up the fine work; if there's anything I would like more of, it would be more updates on the hot finds in the Deals forum. I know you've said in the past you don't like to do deal talk because most often the deals are dead by the time the podcast goes out, but I enjoy them nonetheless.

edit: oh yeah grats on the upcoming addition to the family! My wife is expecting as well, we are due next March. Today we are actually going for the first ultrasound! :D

bread's done
Back