CAGcast #99: The Great One

Best Live show yet. Unfortunately, it still doesn't live up to the "standard" shows. I finally realized that this is why radio shows have multiple people screening calls. It seems most calls equal "radio death." It does highlight how good CheapyD and Wombat really are, though.

It depresses me a little bit when I hear comments like those made about the R4 on this show. I think deep down I know that the R4 is a problem, but I also see it as an incredibly useful tool. As someone who has written code to run on the DS, I love the R4. I think tools like the R4 are great for children who are interested in programming. Writing software that runs on a computer is one thing, creating a game that runs on real gaming hardware is a completly different level. I love having access to a tool like this as an adult, but having it as a child would have been even cooler.

I also ended up feeling bad for Wombat at the end of this show. I'm chalking it up to CheapyD's fatigue, but Wombat brought a great topic (article) for discussion and he was quickly shut down. Cheapy may have been correct for most people that the first review is all that is important. I would say that for the general public reviews don't matter at all. I do believe that there is also a segment out there that WOULD appreciate second looks, especially after such major changes. I think this community would especially appreciate this. Much of my game purchases are made months or years after a game's release. It would be nice to know if there are games that have become worth purchasing because of updates. I also think Artificial Studios should be commended for doing something like this. How many games have you played that were seriously broken, but never got fixed because the developer had moved on. I'm guessing this game wasn't a bit hit, but the developer is still spending resouces to make things right for their customer.

[quote name='misfit13b']D'oh! ;)

(Congratulations, BTW.)[/QUOTE]

Heh. Don't congratulate yet...I still haven't been able to claim it.

I tried PMing Cheapy. Am I supposed to contact someone else?

[quote name='misbitski']Heh. Don't congratulate yet...I still haven't been able to claim it.

I tried PMing Cheapy. Am I supposed to contact someone else?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat misbitski. Usually CheapyD says who to contact, whether it be his mom, himself, or Wombat, but because of the contest overload/fatigue he didn't this time around. Have no fear though, CheapyD's word is good and it'll get done. I, too, sent a PM...so just sit tight.

Please try to lay low on the UGO plugs from the show. That's right I'm talking to you Wombat! It's hard for me to determine whether they are paying Wombat to do work on their blog or their money is just advertising dollars on CAG and Wombat is the voice. Shameless plugging ruins a show IMO and I've cut out podcasts from my listening rotation because of it.

Mentioning UGO because of a contest for a prize is one thing but just saying "Hey I posted that story on UGO! too" just seems like shameless self-promotion.

[quote name='joserjerr']Please try to lay low on the UGO plugs from the show. That's right I'm talking to you Wombat! It's hard for me to determine whether they are paying Wombat to do work on their blog or their money is just advertising dollars on CAG and Wombat is the voice. Shameless plugging ruins a show IMO and I've cut out podcasts from my listening rotation because of it.

Mentioning UGO because of a contest for a prize is one thing but just saying "Hey I posted that story on UGO! too" just seems like shameless self-promotion.[/quote]
It seemed like a natural response more than anything.
"Yeah, I knew about that, I even posted about it."

Anyways, I just started listening to cagcasts last week. Good shows!
Cheapy seemed really nervous on taking calls though, did something happen the last time they went live?

That Mass Effect character likeness is awesome. I wish I could do mine.

Great live show, better than previous ones. The diarreah opening was my favorite of all 99 CAGCasts. Great responses to CAGBag questions and live calls. Excellent entertainment by BOTH Cheapy AND Wombat as expected. Thanks guys.

Very nice Live show. Yea, this was the best Live Show out of the 4 as stated by others. Looking forward to the Future Live Shows and the regular Cagcasts as well.

Keep up the good work Cheapy and Wombat.

[quote name='lurknomore']I'm in the same boat misbitski. Usually CheapyD says who to contact, whether it be his mom, himself, or Wombat, but because of the contest overload/fatigue he didn't this time around. Have no fear though, CheapyD's word is good and it'll get done. I, too, sent a PM...so just sit tight.[/QUOTE]

Ah, cool. Still haven't heard anything, so I was worried I missed something.

I thought the guys from Joystiq and Evil Avatar had interesting things to say, but don't generally care for the live listener questions. I prefer just Cheapy & Wombat, with occasional guests.

Not to be a big stick-in-the-mud or anything :D

bread's done
Back