CAGcast Game Night: Killzone 2, Tonight @ 9PM EST

Hey, thanks for some fun games! I was playing from about 10-10:30 under the name AceCarnage. I finally figured out how to use the medic properly. It was a good time! I'm sorry I didn't jump in earlier!

Btw, I had absolutely no problem finding the game. I filtered all games with a secured password. The CAG room was the first one, on a list of 5 or so games. It couldn't have been any easier.

Yeah! Great game. I sneaked in for a few rounds and got to kill Wombat. YAY!
Hopefully I'll figure out more on whats actually going on in the game as I play some more.

Looking forward to the next time to play!

[quote name='retrovertigo']Btw, I had absolutely no problem finding the game. I filtered all games with a secured password. The CAG room was the first one, on a list of 5 or so games. It couldn't have been any easier.[/quote]
I had a little trouble finding it. Thankfully one of the few people on my Friends list was playing the game so I got in that way.

I wonder when/what the next CAGcast Game Night will be? I would nominate Mario Kart Wii, but...you know...friend codes/no voice chat/9 yards, so I'll nominate Call of Duty 4 (360), Warhawk (PS3) and Grand Theft Auto IV (360).

I would nominate Halo 3 and Killzone 2 again. Of all the games I own and play, I never realized these were the only 2 I really play online, lol. At least till I get back into Socom.

I know there have been a few other comments about this, but it would be great if you could hold the games a little earlier next time so us Brits could join. 1AM GMT is a little to late. I Know this is proberly not possible due time retraints.
I would nominate Halo 3, Call of Duty 4/WAW (360) next time..

Last edited by a moderator:
The best games to do this with are:

Halo 3, CoD 4, CoD WatW (all as invite only matches to keep them private), Perfect Dark Zero, and Frontlines: Fuels of War (PDZ and Frontlines are the only 32-player games on the 360)

PS3
Warhawk and Killzone 2

[quote name='MSUHitman']
PS3
Warhawk and Killzone 2[/QUOTE]Since I'm Warhawk and KZ2, I'd make sure the game nights go smoothly. ;)

Resistance 1 and 2 work well too (since they can have large multi-player), but I doubt many own them (I especially love R2, but it's not for everyone).

All right, I posted an update in the game night thread. I'll try sending people I know a PSN message reminding them.

Date: 3/15
Time: 9pm EST
Host: cheapyd
Game name: CAGCast
Password: shaqfu

Devasted I can't make it tonight since I coulda pimped my general skillz...pleeze do this again next Sunday...and keep it KZ2

Room was full when I tried to join tonight. I was late due to me starting RE 5 before I played Killzone. I finally unlocked the engineer tonight so next time I play I will have to mess around with that. Hopefully we can keep playing these Sunday night CAG games, I promise I won't be late next week. #-o

I made it in, and wanted to say thanks to everyone. Been a member and listener for a long time, but not much of a poster here. First time I played KZ2 online since the beta, and at least I didn't totally suck. Thanks again to all for a good time.....

Good times

"Wombat! Don't you Die on me!"

Now to find that Cag clan forum sign up.

Also heard a few of the Rebel FM guys in there. THat was pretty cool. They were discussing Killzone and RE5. I have no idea how they heard each other. they had to be talking to one another in the same room.

That was fun. I forgot about another game night so I showed up late. Got my medic badge and gained more experience. If people would like to play more games games, take a look at the CAG KZ2 game night and clan thread.

Most of the people who were playing Medic deserve to be punched in the face. Don't respawn me if I don't call for a Medic. Maybe I want to start an another spawn point with full health, full ammo, and the ability to create another turret/bot/etc.

[quote name='KingBroly']Most of the people who were playing Medic deserve to be punched in the face. Don't respawn me if I don't call for a Medic. Maybe I want to start an another spawn point with full health, full ammo, and the ability to create another turret/bot/etc.[/QUOTE]

dude, you called for Medic like every 5 seconds, and were hostile about it. did you ever thank anyone that risked thier own life and limb to heal you?

[quote name='MarkHawk']Also heard a few of the Rebel FM guys in there. THat was pretty cool. They were discussing Killzone and RE5. I have no idea how they heard each other. they had to be talking to one another in the same room.[/quote]
Really? I didn't know that.

I had some fun last night. I manged to reach the rank of Major and unlock the repair ability for the the engineer. But I must say that my favorite part of last night was my assassination kill in Radec Academy. I found the VIP sitting in a corner and threw a grenade at him. :lol:

[quote name='Sarrasis']Hey Cheapy, have you unlocked the health packs yet? I couldn't tell!! :lol: :bouncy:[/quote]

Frackin hilarious! :)

That was a lot of fun! Somehow, I got really excited throwing around the health packs. I like that they recharge pretty fast so I can be generous. Made Captain today...thanks everyone!

I had a lot of fun yesterday ^^. I only had the game for 1 day but I think I didn't do too bad. The Cagcast game night was a great idea to bring the community together. Keep it up ^^.

[quote name='MarkHawk']
Also heard a few of the Rebel FM guys in there. THat was pretty cool. They were discussing Killzone and RE5. I have no idea how they heard each other. they had to be talking to one another in the same room.[/quote]

ARGH!!! Now I REALLY wish I would've played last night!!!

Was I the only one last night losing my mind over the amount of noise coming through my headset? Feedback, squealing and people's kids. Is it too difficult for people to just mute up when they play?

This was the first time I really played on-line with my PS3 and was just shocked at how migraine inducing the chatter was. I understand having 32 people in a room can get pretty loud, but it's not like many people were actually talking - most were just farting into their mics.

Perhaps I'm just too used to Xbox Live. Sure, matches are filled with racists and homophobes on Xbox Live, but at least I can hear their insults clear.

[quote name='Wombat']dude, you called for Medic like every 5 seconds, and were hostile about it. did you ever thank anyone that risked thier own life and limb to heal you?[/quote]

He was like that the whole night...

"Oh Come on! Just get him! You Guys let him get away"
"Oh Come on Heal Me! Somone get me up! How could you let me Die!"
"AGDJHJFHSAJSGSHGAFGSKGFSK Oh Come on! I hate this game!"

:p I did stop saving him after round 5 because he just kept blaming everyone for everything. But He was the only one I could really hear all night.

[quote name='Tengaport']Was I the only one last night losing my mind over the amount of noise coming through my headset? Feedback, squealing and people's kids. Is it too difficult for people to just mute up when they play?

This was the first time I really played on-line with my PS3 and was just shocked at how migraine inducing the chatter was. I understand having 32 people in a room can get pretty loud, but it's not like many people were actually talking - most were just farting into their mics.

Perhaps I'm just too used to Xbox Live. Sure, matches are filled with racists and homophobes on Xbox Live, but at least I can hear their insults clear.[/quote]

Agreed!

I could not understand what most people were saying. I heard people I helped up say "Why Thank you" but I only new it was directed at me because I just had picked them up. I kind of wish squad chatter was locked to your squad only. Like you said to much garbage.

I also don't like any sound quality out of mics on a PS3. I have the official Sony one but I still have such a hard time making out what others are saying. Wonder how the Turtle Beach X4s are.

[quote name='MarkHawk']He was like that the whole night...

"Oh Come on! Just get him! You Guys let him get away"
"Oh Come on Heal Me! Somone get me up! How could you let me Die!"
"AGDJHJFHSAJSGSHGAFGSKGFSK Oh Come on! I hate this game!"

:p I did stop saving him after round 5 because he just kept blaming everyone for everything. But He was the only one I could really hear all night.[/quote]
I never really heard him complaining. But alot of the time I would be hanging back to stop the enemy from delivering the speaker or guarding a capture point. So I spent atleast 2 or 3 round hanging back. And when I was around with allies it was usal pretty chatioc...

I also don't like any sound quality out of mics on a PS3. I have the official Sony one but I still have such a hard time making out what others are saying. Wonder how the Turtle Beach X4s are.
I own the official PS3 headset as well and I can hear most people fine. There always seem to be one or two people I have trouble hearing. But I guessing it could be a problem on their end.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
I own the official PS3 headset as well and I can hear most people fine. There always seem to be one or two people I have trouble hearing. But I guessing it could be a problem on their end.[/quote]

I hear it, I just hear to much I guess. When ever I mute my mic it annoys me because the constant beeping is so loud and about every 10 seconds. I would factor that into why no people don't mute there Mics. The PS3 mics just may not cancel out background noise to well.

[quote name='MarkHawk']Agreed!

I could not understand what most people were saying. I heard people I helped up say "Why Thank you" but I only new it was directed at me because I just had picked them up. I kind of wish squad chatter was locked to your squad only. Like you said to much garbage.

I also don't like any sound quality out of mics on a PS3. I have the official Sony one but I still have such a hard time making out what others are saying. Wonder how the Turtle Beach X4s are.[/QUOTE]It honestly varies by game, since voice chat is handled by each dev individually (It's not like 360 where voice chat code is already provided, developers have to write their own on PS3). Most games that come from SCEE (like MotorStorm: PR, KZ2, LBP, etc.) tend to not have very good voice chat, while games that come from SCEA usually (like R2, Warhawk (as long as a good headset is used that doesn't pick up tons of noise), and so on) have very good voice chat. The game we were in was a tad laggy, which hurts a little too. Sometimes, like for games by Namco Bandai, they are designed around Japanese internet speed, which leads to weird voice chat or more lag in NA.

Also, to have the best voicechat quality on PS3, you usually have to some port forwarding/open the dmz on the local IP your PS3 is set to (or else voice communication may be limited). Especially if someone has a Type 3 NAT, their voice may sound fuzzed up.
[quote name='MarkHawk']I hear it, I just hear to much I guess. When ever I mute my mic it annoys me because the constant beeping is so loud and about every 10 seconds. I would factor that into why no people don't mute there Mics. The PS3 mics just may not cancel out background noise to well.[/QUOTE]I'd roughly say a small percentage of mics used on PS3 have a mute button, and some bluetooth headsets pick up a lot of background noise. That is why I recommend most people keep their TV down.

[quote name='Wombat']dude, you called for Medic like every 5 seconds, and were hostile about it. did you ever thank anyone that risked thier own life and limb to heal you?[/quote]

Yes, I did, and I do, but in the later rounds when I wasn't calling for a medic (when you weren't there) right as I was pressing the X button to respawn someone just came over and respawns me when I have no ammo and a long time before a Bot or a Turret could be built.

That's where I was getting frustrated, and it didn't just happen to me, either.

bread's done
Back