CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

Okay if we're still using our fighters from before I'm ready to be on the next card. Whoever my opponent is just make sure to PM me in case I'm caught up in school stuff and don't think to check this thread often enough.

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']I love how im supposed to get in contact and he makes no effort.....[/QUOTE]

No, don't get me wrong, Meaty. Both of you should be trying to contact the other. I was just telling you ways you could reach him (you did ask, after all).

And since it seems two of the three fights did not occur, I'm extending the deadline to next Thursday, 10/7 at 11:59 PM EST. I didn't want to do this, but there's no point having CAGFC if people don't care to fight.

This brings me to my final point, which has been brewing for a couple weeks now, and it's directed at Matt Young (sorry Matt...call it tough love, but I gotta be real). When I first made the announcement that CAGFC would stop doing weekly cards, Matt complained saying he wanted to keep fighting. When I proposed the idea of switching to a non-career CAF format, Matt complained, saying he put a lot of work into his Gail Pennyfeather fighter. When I proposed the new stat cap limits and the possibility of starting over with those limits, Matt complained, saying he didn't want to redo his fighter.

Instead, I've left everything largely unchanged just in the effort of still being able to have a small group of fighters remain active. But aside from moojuice and myself (which is probably the easiest fight to set up ever, since we play several games together and are usually on around the same times), nobody is fighting. Now, this isn't only Matt's fault, but since he was so outspoken about not changing anything, it irritates me that when he got his wish, he's not making an effort.

When Matt didn't want me to stop the weekly cards, I told him that with all the games coming out (and the ones I knew he played, ie. Madden, NHL 10, NBA 2K10, etc.) and his other committments (going to hockey games, etc.) I didn't see when he'd have time to play. But he assured me he would. Now it appears that I was right, and he was full of shit. Again, sorry Matt, but that's just how it looks, and I'm frustrated by it. It's nothing personal against you. I just want people to be honest with themselves, and honest with me.

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']I love how im supposed to get in contact and he makes no effort.....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']I've had a full friend list for years now and haven't had trouble scheduling games 95% of the time. Just set up a date and time through the thread or private messages.

I'm available most afternoons and evenings this week. I'm on Pacific time. How about you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so I made more effort than you did. Neither of us PM'ed the other. So, when can you play?

I'm available a lot. ECHL games don't start for a couple weeks, and I'm able to play most afternoons and evenings. Meaty has made no effort to contact me whatsoever.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, so I made more effort than you did. Neither of us PM'ed the other. So, when can you play?

I'm available a lot. ECHL games don't start for a couple weeks, and I'm able to play most afternoons and evenings. Meaty has made no effort to contact me whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

That's true. As I said, both people SHOULD be communicating. A lot of the bullshit I see in CAG leagues revolves around whose responsibility it is to contact the other person. All that does is create a bitch fight over a process that should be this simple:

Person A: states availability range (as specific as possible)

Person B: CHOOSES time within that given range

Person A: confirms time is acceptable and agrees to meet at set time.

Person B: reads confirmation and plans to meet at set time

It should take no more than 3-4 messages to set up a time to play. If that doesn't happen, the person either doesn't have time to play, doesn't care to play, or is just lazy. You're both capable. Get the fight done.

Meaty, please answer Matt's question (either in this thread or via PM) to tell him when you can play. This is Matt's stated availability:

I'm available most afternoons and evenings this week. I'm on Pacific time. How about you?

Get this fight done. Any more problems and I will resort to jokes about being on your period and needing to change your tampon.

I sent Tuff Gong a PM and friend request a week ago still no response. He hasn't been on XBL since 9/23 and CAG on 9/27....

Hoping others were luckier then I...My opponent still has not been online or responded, can I fight UMX instead if he is still interested in participating?

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']Why didyou guys take away my CAGFC 13 and 14 wins?[/QUOTE]

WTF??? How fucking retarded are you? I know you claim to be in high school, but do you take remedial classes? First of all, you didn't fight at CAGFC 13 and 14 (look at the Past Updates). Second of all, why the fuck are you more concerned with old shit than with even bothering to try to get your "current" fight done?

Matt mentioned to me last night that he has sent you several messages, but never got a response. The last post in this thread was over 2 weeks ago, and it was from Matt. Your last post was almost 3 weeks ago. What mental deficit do you suffer from that would make you think any of this still matters? If you can't tell, due to the lack of interest in getting fights done, the league is on hiatus. Tuffgong disappeared after finishing his HW, and moojuice even traded the game in.

I'm not upset by any of this, as I didn't have much expectation for people to continue playing the game this deep into the fall season. But your stupidity astounds me. If I were your parents, I would have dropped you off on the side of the road a long time ago. I'm not trying to be blatantly mean to you, man. But I've never seen anybody struggle so mightily with simple comprehension and communication. What is your malfunction?

I just want to let you guys know I'm still into being involved with this, but my schedule makes it a little difficult. If I'm put on a card just make sure PMs and friends list messages are sent and I should be able to play with proper notice.

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']Calm down idiot I didnt see........I'll be back next year......

*your worse right now then the uoc asswipes.[/QUOTE]

jlp_facepalm.jpg

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']Im sorry matt if I dont appreciate sarcasm from n8 sometimes.[/QUOTE]

And I don't appreciate complete and utter stupidity. I'll treat you with respect when you earn it. You accused me of taking away wins for matches that didn't even exist. Where did that come from?

And for the record, I wasn't being sarcastic.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And I don't appreciate complete and utter stupidity. I'll treat you with respect when you earn it. You accused me of taking away wins for matches that didn't even exist. Where did that come from?

And for the record, I wasn't being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]
I know you were just being a dick. But I have another question . Would you consider switching to EA mma or your staying on the ufc.

Not to get too involved here Meaty, but based on N8's posts and your rude responses I don't think he will want you to participate regardless of what game it is.

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']I know you were just being a dick. But I have another question . Would you consider switching to EA mma or your staying on the ufc.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, EA MMA isn't coming out till 2010. For all we know they might release it at the same time as UFC 2010. I'll give EA MMA a chance, but it would really have to blow me away to be worth purchasing. Considering we know basically nothing at this point, it's hard to say anything.

[quote name='Matt Young']UFC 2010- Official relesae date- May 25th

It's got KIMBO![/QUOTE]

Haha, nice! I know I'm ready for it. I read the new preview for EA MMA in Game Informer yesterday, and I gotta say, so far, I'm not impressed. The entire article just seemed like a dig at UFC 2009, and didn't really focus on anything that was relevant to MMA.

The first half of the article is about graphics, and how good visuals are "the foundation that lays the groundwork for authenticity" and gush about how much it looks like Fight Night Round 4. Then, when they do address controls and gameplay, it talks about how you can "punch from your back" and that you don't have to wait for your opponent to finish his animation before you get your turn.

That's all well and good, but I damn sure better not be able to knock my opponent out from the bottom. Punching from your back seems like such a non issue because hardly anybody in MMA even bothers with it. The more important issue is escaping. The fact that they're using that as a selling point worries me.

Then, they talk about "catching your opponents kicks and not being forced to take them down...if your strength is stand up". Apparently, in EA MMA, you'll be able to hold onto their leg and keep throwing punches with your free hand. That sounds like a great idea (and something I'm sure UFC 2010 will have), but considering it's all mapped to the right analog stick (ala Fight Night), I don't know how well it's going to work.

It also mentions that if you try to take your opponent down from too far away, you can get kneed in the face. Again, that's good, but why they're focusing on these things that rarely occur in MMA, I don't know. Tell us how the ground game works. Tell us how submissions are executed. Tell us about flash KO's. I don't need to know how Jeff Monson's tattoos are perfectly recreated. I don't know. Things may change. But so far, it sounds like EA has no idea what they're doing.

bread's done
Back