CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']Re-Launching wont exactly boom members. If you forgive me for my juiced stats and my misconduct I would love to get fighters for ufc 10 season

I also have a good idea for fighter stats. Atribuuttes at 185 combined(For career). Skills at 80 max and 40 min for career and instant fighters(B4 multipliers). and max overal of 95(Realistic)[/QUOTE]

Those are good suggestions. As far as booming membership, who knows. I honestly didn't expect this league to get as big as it did. I still hold a belief that people will still play this game on days that an actual UFC event is being held (simulating the matches and whatnot), so that could give us options. Either way though, it wouldn't bother me if there were only 4-5 members until UFC 2010 was soon to be released. The main objective is working out the kinks BEFORE next year and seeing what works and what doesn't.

The only problem I have with your cap limits is how much different does that really make it from just using insta CAFs? I mean, 185 works out to be 62/62/61 in attributes (which seems kinda low). As others have mentioned, it really shouldn't be possible to make a CAF better than Anderson Silva or GSP. Those guys should be the objective when setting a cap.

Your 40/80 range is possible...but I almost think capping the high end at 80 makes the low end cap irrelevant though, because you could probably get almost everything up to 80 across the board. But with a 15% boost, it would make an 80 a 92, which is definitely reasonable. But is it enough of a difference from insta CAFs to make it worthwhile? Knowing my luck, we'll figure all this shit out and they'll completely change the formula for 2010 anyway, haha. Good ideas though.

[quote name='seen']^Oh man, you and those last second KO's sounds like our tournament fight.

Yea, N8 I wasn't fully there for our fight. It first went bad went I went to rotate the joystick to attempt a mount and instead my sweaty fingers pushed to hard thus starting a retarded kimura as I have no sub offense and am not built to even attempt submissions. Once I saw the animation I pretty much felt the beginning of the end, and the sweaty hands didn't help when I needed to calmly rotate the sticks to get you off the full-mount which never happened. Thanks for the over 3 months of cards and match-ups and I genuinely hope the insta-caf system catches on as it ensures that the best fighters do win, not the ones' with the highest stats and overall ratings.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I figured something went awry. I thought the quick submission attempt was odd, but then you didn't even try to let go of it, so I was just like "Ok...I guess I'll pound him for it", lol. I was even going to offer you a rematch, but I know you've got a lot of other things going on.

If you're planning on holding onto this game, keep an eye out for future developments. I'd prefer to get a decent career cap limit set up (even if it's just in anticipation for next year) because I like having skilled fighters and I like the discipline level boosts. We just gotta keep them from becoming super heroes.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Those are good suggestions. As far as booming membership, who knows. I honestly didn't expect this league to get as big as it did. I still hold a belief that people will still play this game on days that an actual UFC event is being held (simulating the matches and whatnot), so that could give us options. Either way though, it wouldn't bother me if there were only 4-5 members until UFC 2010 was soon to be released. The main objective is working out the kinks BEFORE next year and seeing what works and what doesn't.

The only problem I have with your cap limits is how much different does that really make it from just using insta CAFs? I mean, 185 works out to be 62/62/61 in attributes (which seems kinda low). As others have mentioned, it really shouldn't be possible to make a CAF better than Anderson Silva or GSP. Those guys should be the objective when setting a cap.

Your 40/80 range is possible...but I almost think capping the high end at 80 makes the low end cap irrelevant though, because you could probably get almost everything up to 80 across the board. But with a 15% boost, it would make an 80 a 92, which is definitely reasonable. But is it enough of a difference from insta CAFs to make it worthwhile? Knowing my luck, we'll figure all this shit out and they'll completely change the formula for 2010 anyway, haha. Good ideas though.[/QUOTE]d be a little even
but you will have more skill points than insta's so it coul

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']d be a little even
but you will have more skill points than insta's so it coul[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you just said...

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']It would be a little more(?) even.
But you will have more skill points than insta's (CAFs?) so it would be cool.[/QUOTE]

Jesus...

[quote name='moojuice']Jesus...[/QUOTE]

Judges? Wait..what...no? That's still not a complete thought? Can we get a translator in here?

Meaty, are you speaking to us from beyond the grave or something? Like you can only type a couple words before the portal closes? lol...I'm sorry to make fun of you man, but good God.

All right, guys. about 24 hours until the final deadline (would that make this The Final Countdown then?). I know there's probably not much motivation to get the fights done, but it would be nice if the remaining titles were defended decisively. Remaining fights are:

Gail Pennyfeather vs Ryan Scarp (HW)
Brandon Haines vs Zippy D-Pinhead (LH Title)
Mach Sakurai vs Kyler Klein (WW Title)
Tony Hawk vs Matt Domoracki (HW Title)

Hope to see at least one more fight completed. Thanks.

[quote name='moojuice']Tony Hawk | Matt Domoracki | TKO | 2:56 of Round 5

Fight that nearly went the distance. Domoracki was DOMINANT in the stand up, forcing Hawk to take the fight to the ground. Late in the fourth round, Hawk managed to rock Domoracki in the mount, but Domoracki managed to roll away before Hawk could seal the deal. In the fifth, Domoracki was again dominating the stand up, landing combination after combination. Halfway into the fifth, Domoracki attempted to throw an overhand right, but Hawk stepped just far enough back to avoid the punch and counter with a head kick, dazing Domoracki and sending him down to the canvas. Hawk quickly seized the opportunity, stood over the still confused Domoracki, and swung for the fences. Referee Yamasaki saw enough, and called the fight at 2:56, declaring Hawk winner by TKO.

Great fight Matt. I just could not compete on our feet at all, which makes it kind of ironic that you went down from a head kick.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, guys. about 24 hours until the final deadline (would that make this The Final Countdown then?). I know there's probably not much motivation to get the fights done, but it would be nice if the remaining titles were defended decisively. Remaining fights are:

Gail Pennyfeather vs Ryan Scarp (HW)
Brandon Haines vs Zippy D-Pinhead (LH Title)
Mach Sakurai vs Kyler Klein (WW Title)
Tony Hawk vs Matt Domoracki (HW Title)

Hope to see at least one more fight completed. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Dana is getting old ;)

[quote name='moojuice']Dana is getting old ;)[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I actually remember seeing that, now that you mention it. I'm losing my fucking mind, lol.

holy cow thursday rolled around fast this week,
pm'ed both opponents and will be on all night tonight, hope we can get em done.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, I have posted in this thread and private messaged as well. No word back from RyanScarp.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was one of the big advocates for UOC guys not all being losers. Then, he promptly disappeared, lol. So much for that.

Could anyone give me details on this? Or a general outline that would help out new guy to this kind of thing? Interested once I redo my CAF since my disc broke.

Don't know if final cards means final, or last one for the month or whatever, thats why I would like info lol.

[quote name='zenon_k']Could anyone give me details on this? Or a general outline that would help out new guy to this kind of thing? Interested once I redo my CAF since my disc broke.[/QUOTE]

Well, CAGFC is sorta going on hiatus right now. There could be a restart in the near future. For now, we're still trying to decide on the rules though, and caps for the stats, so the fighters aren't ridiculously overpowered.

Go to page 92, and start reading at post #1831 (if you go back any further than that, you'll see the problems we were having toward the end, and discover why a more defined set of rules is needed). Read through the last couple pages, and that should bring you up to speed with the direction we're wanting to take this in.

Kyler Klein | Mach Sakurai | KO | 2:59 of Rnd 5

One of the best fights ive ever hade. This could of gone either way and I thought he had me a few times with his submissions. Great fight bro.

MikeBike and Tuffgong, great job getting that last fight in, guys! Glad to hear it was so competitive, and it's nice to crown a new Welterweight Champion at the last CAGFC card. 4 out of the 6 fights were completed, and for the final week, that's definitely a number I can be happy with.

For the two fights that were not completed, Gail Pennyfeather received the win over Ryan Scarp, and Zippy D-Pinhead received the win over Brandon Haines. A special concession was made for Zippy, since by my estimate, Haines seemed to be done playing this game and has missed his last three fights. Since this card was called Last Man Standing, and Zippy was the only LH competitor left, he was awarded the Light Heavyweight title. So, congrats to new title holders Zippy D-Pinhead and Kyler Klein!

As I've mentioned, CAGFC may start back up in a month or two, as a means for doing some beta testing for next year. More details will come as the rules and requirements are hammered out. Until then, great work everybody! And thanks for playing! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It sucks that my opponent wasn't around to fight. I haven't been playing the game lately except for CAG league fights, so I'm hoping I can maintain interest in it. Maybe I just need to play guys like Nate more often.

Hey everyone, great league I had a lot of fun playing on here. I am not planning on trading this game in, so if anyone wants good player matches hit me up on XBL. I prob won't play this too much on ranked anymore (still get too many quitters anytime I play someone higher ranked), but I'll throw the disc in and throw down anytime I'm on.

Zippy finally gets the belt, but the stadium was empty, oh well not too bad for a mongoloid...

MikeBike, that was an epic fight, very back and forth. I couldn't dominate you on the ground at all and you had GREAT ground and pound, very tough to shake. If you play this anymore hit me up anytime.

if you guys want to join another league go to bestufcsimleague.freeforums.org this league is no cafs just the regular fighters a very well run league come and join us

Would it be possible for us to arrange more informal cards and keep track of champions that way? Moojuice and I were talking about this during our fight. I wouldn't mind keeping the league alive that way until something more organized comes along.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Would it be possible for us to arrange more informal cards and keep track of champions that way? Moojuice and I were talking about this during our fight. I wouldn't mind keeping the league alive that way until something more organized comes along.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well that was kinda the idea of the "challenge system" I came up with. Where anyone who wants to continue playing the game can challenge the title holder at any time.

I mean, I looked over the roster again, and there's probably 5 people in the HW division who are still (or would stay) active. The LH division has one (two if seen finished his fighter). MW has 3 guys who are all in the HW division also, WW has maybe 2, and LW has 1. It really boils down to having a total of 7 CAGs left who were active till the end.

There's not a lot of flexibility there, but I'm open to whatever you guys would be interested in doing. Really, if we wanted to just keep the HW division active, that would probably work. But it would leave MikeBike and Tuffgong out in the cold (unless they've got HW's they could sign up). 5 fighters is at least a reasonable number for a division though. Thoughts?

I could finish up a HW this week, I've got one halfway done already.
We are talking Career CAFs right?
I would be down for a scaled back version of the league, for sure.

[quote name='Tuffgong']I could finish up a HW this week, I've got one halfway done already.
We are talking Career CAFs right?
I would be down for a scaled back version of the league, for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Career CAFs. That would be cool because it would give us 6 pretty damn reliable guys who still enjoy playing the game from time to time. But nothing too crazy. Just enough to keep everyone sharp till UFC2010 comes out. :)

Well, since it looks like we are going to try to continue with this, even if it's on a small scale (think "the dark days" of UFC), this is what I came up with for our "new home": www.cagfc.comxa.com (I didn't feel like paying for an official domain...but probably will when UFC2010 is close to release). I'm not a web designer by any means, but hopefully it's decent. Obviously, it still needs work, but hopefully we'll have things to add to it along the way.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm definitely in, but I might not be active right away as school and everything is a real pain right now.[/QUOTE]

All right. Well, I was going to make up the first card tonight and I'd need either you or Tuffgong to be on it. I know Tuff said he was finishing his fighter up. If he's ready, he can have the spot this week.

Well, I PM'd Tuffgong to see if his HW is ready. Waiting to see whether he or UMX can take this first fight. In the meantime, I've done some more research on the CAF stat cap issue, and my main thought on it is no CAF should have a stat better than the best fighter in the game, or any stat worse than the worst fighter. I looked at a spreadsheet with all the ratings for the real UFC fighters to see what the highest attribute totals were. Here's the highest for each weight class:

HW - Brock Lesnar - 80 + 72 + 80 = 222
LH - Rampage Jackson - 80 + 75 + 67 = 222
MW - Rich Franklin - 63 + 74 + 80 = 217
WW - Georges St. Pierre - 75 + 78 + 75 = 228
LW - Sean Sherk - 76 + 75 + 75 = 226

Then, I looked at a website which broke down each skill into highest rated and lowest rated for each weight division. Basically, whet it boils down to is no one has an individual skill higher than 92 or lower than 40. Now, this actually goes along with what MrMeaty had suggested before of making the range 40-80 (which becomes a 92 with the 15% boost), and I think that works really well.

So, after looking at it extensively, my offical rule proposal would be to put an attribute total cap at 225 (which would allow for 75/75/75), and a skill range of 40-92 (including boosts). Doing this would probably cause many fighters to have 92 striking o/kicking o/ground striking o/submission o/etc...but at least they wouldn't be God-like. They'd just be more well rounded.

Unless we had an overwhelming response to put this into place immediately, it wouldn't go into effect until UFC 2010 comes out, because I doubt there are many who plan on going through career mode again. But I'll leave that open to the opinion of the remaining fighters. What does everybody think?

Sounds good, but we'd definitely need a guide to creating characters, and also probably have to re-evaluate the numbers based on next years stats. What I mean by a guide, is that we need to say if you are X type of fighter, make sure you stop raising Y stat at Z because of the %boost; otherwise, I'm assuming lots of people could mess up their finished career fighter if they're looking to fight in this league.

[quote name='moojuice']Sounds good, but we'd definitely need a guide to creating characters, and also probably have to re-evaluate the numbers based on next years stats. What I mean by a guide, is that we need to say if you are X type of fighter, make sure you stop raising Y stat at Z because of the %boost; otherwise, I'm assuming lots of people could mess up their finished career fighter if they're looking to fight in this league.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's why I think including the boost in the cap is a good idea. In the end, no skill should be higher than a 92, boost or no boost. But yeah, they could completely change the formula next year and make a 92 better/worse than it actually was this year. But at least we have a foundation to build off of.

Hey guys, bumping this to let everyone know that TuffGong finished up his HW, so we now have a full 6 to do a new card (we'll have 7 when Ultimate Matt X is ready to play again). Expect the card for CAGFC16 to be posted very soon!

All right, guys! The new card is up! CAGFC16: REBIRTH. I'm only going to be posting cards and results and stuff on the new site since the OP of this thread is full. Try to do the same (the forum over there is set up...it's nothing fancy, but it works). Go to www.cagfc.comxa.com/currentshow.html to see the matchups! Same as always, the deadline will be 11:59 PM EST on Thursday night (10/1). Contact your opponent and set up a time to fight. Good luck to everyone!

[quote name='Matt Young']Who the shit is Adrian Labonte?[/QUOTE]

MrMeaty. I didn't put CAG names because if the site ever grows beyond CAG, it's not like it's going to matter anyway. His XBL gamertag is listed though. I also considered listing email addresses, but figured most people wouldn't want their emails just posted on the net for all to see.

[quote name='moojuice']Fedor Emilianenko | Tony Hawk | KO | 4:17 Round 1

Well, rust definitely showed lol. Good fight nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Good bump, Alan. I was going to do the same thing. Maybe this will serve as a reminder that people actually said they wanted to continue fighting, but have thus far failed to get their fights completed. It's hard to keep CAGFC active, guys, if nobody is active in it.

For anyone who needs it:
www.cagfc.comxa.com/currentshow.html

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']I cant add matt because his FL is full......so what you want me to do n8.....[/QUOTE]

I've had a full friend list for years now and haven't had trouble scheduling games 95% of the time. Just set up a date and time through the thread or private messages.

I'm available most afternoons and evenings this week. I'm on Pacific time. How about you?

[quote name='Mr Meaty28']I cant add matt because his FL is full......so what you want me to do n8.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the biggest thing you can do is send him a private message through this site. Also, posting in this thread (and hopefully the forum on the CAGFC site, eventually) are also greatly effective.

I've said this 100 times. Many people have more going on than playing Xbox 360 every day. This could include school, work, family obligations, or even playing a different console. Expecting people to be on Xbox Live every day is stupid. But there is a very strong possibility people check their email (CAG sends one if you receive a PM) and/or CAG at least once a day. It makes far more sense trying to contact people that way.

bread's done
Back