Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='TJordan522']Guys, lets be serious. I will not be scoring any empty net goals or playing against myself. I will simply decide on how I would like to win the series and post the "results." I'm thinking NJ in 5.[/quote]

Very dramatic. Maybe Brodeur could take the puck in quadruple overtime of game 5 and skate up the ice weaving in and out of the Nashville players to beat Turco with a wicked, jumping-spinning triple deke.

[quote name='repetske']Very dramatic. Maybe Brodeur could take the puck in quadruple overtime of game 5 and skate up the ice weaving in and out of the Nashville players to beat Turco with a wicked, jumping-spinning triple deke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, believe it or not, that's how the Devils won game one.

Actually, Brad beat me 7-6, so I'm down 1-0 right now. I have grad parties the rest of the day though so I don't think we'll be playing again until tomorrow.

thatstoobad, let me know when you can play this week. I think Monday and Wednesday are best for me, but the other days are possibilities too.

we've been playing PM tag trying to set up a time to finish the series, but nothing has worked out yet. hopefully we'll get it taken care of over the course of the next couple days.

The finals are set. Atlant defeated Detroit in 5. Great series thatstoobad. I'm looking forward to playing Mr. Wompierski, whichever of his personalities shows up.

[quote name='repetske']The finals are set. Atlant defeated Detroit in 5. Great series thatstoobad. I'm looking forward to playing Mr. Wompierski, whichever of his personalities shows up.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. This should be fun. When is good for you? I can play pretty much whenever, since it's summer and I'm usually free. Pick a day and time.

[quote name='radjago']So has the CAGHL Cup been awarded yet?[/QUOTE]
no one knows. i guess after i choked and got knocked out of the playoffs everyone stopped caring. that's what happens when the most electrifying player in the caghl gets robbed out of a finals birth.

anyways, according to the league site they haven't gotten any games in yet. i'm guessing that it's accurate, since even though less than half of the games registered in the regular season, all of the games haev registered in the playoffs. i'm kind of interested as to who will come out on top, but if i were betting i woudl put my money on repetske.

[quote name='thatstoobad']no one knows. i guess after i choked and got knocked out of the playoffs everyone stopped caring. that's what happens when the most electrifying player in the caghl gets robbed.

anyways, according to the league site they haven't gotten any games in yet. i'm guessing that it's accurate, since even though less than half of the games registered in the regular season, all of the games haev registered in the playoffs. i'm kind of interested as to who will come out on top, but if i were betting i woudl put my money on repetske.[/QUOTE]

It really sucks that nothing has ammounted yet as far as the finals go. After all the work of just getting through the regular season, seeing this is rough.

We've already played game one. Jersey won 6-4. Atlanta has dropped the first game in all three series. Hopefully the final result will still be the same, with Atlanta prevailing. Sorry we haven't kept it more lively. To be honest, I thought no one was even looking any more. I have a wedding this weekend, but should be able to wrap the series up by the beginning of next week. I've really enjoyed my non-existant CAGHL Cup that doesn't sit on my mantle. Hopefully it will get to stay with me.

[quote name='repetske']We've already played game one. Jersey won 6-4. Atlanta has dropped the first game in all three series. Hopefully the final result will still be the same, with Atlanta prevailing. Sorry we haven't kept it more lively. To be honest, I thought no one was even looking any more. I have a wedding this weekend, but should be able to wrap the series up by the beginning of next week. I've really enjoyed my non-existant CAGHL Cup that doesn't sit on my mantle. Hopefully it will get to stay with me.[/QUOTE]

I only checked on here once or so to see if I missed an email (I'm subscribed to the thread so I got emails every time someone posted) and saw that nothing was posted for a while. The league was fun overall though so I'm interested to see who wins. Are there any plans for a small league/tournament after this concludes?

[quote name='repetske']I think a summer league has been discussed, but it's kind of taboo to discuss a new league until the current one is done.[/QUOTE]

it's not taboo now that i lost.

i'm into playing, but i don't really want to run/admin/whatever it.

It's already well into Summer, so we'd have to play an abbreviated season. 10 weeks?

I'd almost like to go back to 2K5, just so we can get our games to register and have stats to go along with them. Did they ever put out a fix or workaround for that?

[quote name='repetske'] I've really enjoyed my non-existant CAGHL Cup that doesn't sit on my mantle. Hopefully it will get to stay with me.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Prepare to send it to me.

I didn't think anyone was checking this league anymore either, so I apologize for only winning one game so far. I'll complete the sweep ASAP.

It's a shame that repetske and thatstoobad had to take 4 years playing their series...it sort of killed the excitement and momentum. ;-)

P.S. I would love a summer league, but I honestly don't have the time to run it. I'll update the league site and such though every week if people care enough to read it.

[quote name='TJordan522']It's a shame that repetske and thatstoobad had to take 4 years playing their series...it sort of killed the excitement and momentum. ;-)[/QUOTE]
yeah, we did take kind of a really long time to get it done. sorry about that.

[quote name='radjago']I'd almost like to go back to 2K5, just so we can get our games to register and have stats to go along with them. Did they ever put out a fix or workaround for that?[/QUOTE]
i don't think they ever fixed it, and i kind of agree with wanting to go back and play with 2k5. i think the fact that so many games never registered and we weren't able to do any sort of stat tracking really killed some of the fun of the league this year.

We're still trying to find a time to play. I never imagined it would be so hard to get a series played. I'm sure we can get it done this week.

I completely forgot that you two were even playing the finals anymore, its only been what, a month? Maybe we shoulda started a small tournament/league while we wait for them to finish lol.

[quote name='thatstoobad']you guys are lame.

i misspelled "finish" in the thread title. i'm leaving it.[/quote]

Then you are lame. I've called Jordan the past couple of days. I think he is just trying to teach me a lesson about not being available. He's starting to make Kovalchuk angry, and I won't be held responsible if he break Jagr's record goals (43) and points (56) from last season. (Although if the games had registered, he would have crushed that measly record.)

I almost wish there was a finish by date for this thing cause this is getting really drawn out. What is the series score even at (its been a while now and I really dont feel like looking back through posts)?

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I almost wish there was a finish by date for this thing cause this is getting really drawn out. What is the series score even at (its been a while now and I really dont feel like looking back through posts)?[/QUOTE]
yeah, i know what you're saying, but i mean i would hate to see the finals simulated.

no games have actually registered on the site, which i know isn't very surprising, but it does seem kind of weird considering all the other playoff games did.

i don't want to say something like "if the games aren't done by such and such a date, i'm naming a champion", but it's been about a month i think.

[quote name='thatstoobad']yeah, i know what you're saying, but i mean i would hate to see the finals simulated.

no games have actually registered on the site, which i know isn't very surprising, but it does seem kind of weird considering all the other playoff games did.

i don't want to say something like "if the games aren't done by such and such a date, i'm naming a champion", but it's been about a month i think.[/QUOTE]

I'd hate for it to come to that too but maybe setting an end date will get the games played sometime before the next hockey season. I'd like to see someone win so maybe we can move onto a tournament or something. Unless we make a tournament league now and just go without them. We can see which finishes first, a tournament or the finals for this league.

I'm trying to get it done this week. I think we've been trying since around July 13th, so it getting around 3 weeks. Anyway, I'll keep calling Jordan everyday and maybe we'll get it done. I think the one game we played not registering is because of Jordan's connection since most of his regular season games didn't register, but who knows. Xbox Live and 2k6 do not mix well.

[quote name='repetske'] I think the one game we played not registering is because of Jordan's connection since most of his regular season games didn't register, but who knows. Xbox Live and 2k6 do not mix well.[/QUOTE]

Psh, yeah right. It's your crappy connection. Almost every one of my games registered! ;-)

Anyway, after a ridiculously long hiatus, both teams hit the ice again tonight for Game 2 of the CAGHL Cup Finals. New Jersey, who took Game 1 by a score of 6-4, came out strong in Game 2, but Atlanta was equal to the task. The teams battled hard into overtime, where Patrik Elias thread a beautiful cross ice pass to Scott Gomez for the back door one timer to give NJ the 5-4 win.

Game 3 was all about Atlanta. However, after going up 3-0 early, things began to fall apart for the Thrashers. Led by their third line, the Devils tied the game at 3 all, but to no avail. Bobby Holik buried his hat trick goal and Atlanta eventually went up 5-3. New Jersey proved to be resilient, but ran out of time and lost by a score of 5-4.

Game 4 will be played tomorrow.

GAME 1: NJ 6, ATL 4
GAME 2: NJ 5, ATL 4 OT
GAME 3: ATL 5, NJ 4

[quote name='TJordan522']Anyway, after a ridiculously long hiatus, both teams hit the ice again tonight for Game 2 of the CAGHL Cup Finals. New Jersey, who took Game 1 by a score of 6-4, came out strong in Game 2, but Atlanta was equal to the task. The teams battled hard into overtime, where Patrik Elias thread a beautiful cross ice pass to Scott Gomez for the back door one timer to give NJ the 5-4 win.

Game 3 was all about Atlanta. However, after going up 3-0 early, things began to fall apart for the Thrashers. Led by their third line, the Devils tied the game at 3 all, but to no avail. Bobby Holik buried his hat trick goal and Atlanta eventually went up 5-3. New Jersey proved to be resilient, but ran out of time and lost by a score of 5-4.

Game 4 will be played tomorrow.

GAME 3: ATL 5, NJ 4[/quote]

And 5.;)

[quote name='repetske']Not yet. I'm predicting Saturday, but I have to check with Jordan first.[/QUOTE]

Saturday works for me, as long as it's before 5. I have a graduation party to go to then.
Any time Friday is fine too, or Sunday.

The puck dropped early Saturday afternoon in Atlanta as the Thrashers tried to keep the Devils at bay and force a final and decisive Game 5.

Ilya Kovalchuk struck early, beating Scott Clemmensen on the glove side to give the Thrashers a 1-0 lead. Clemmensen was playing in the spot of future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur, who struggled late in the season while Clemmensen proved he had what it took to be an NHL starter.

After the second period, the teams were all knotted up at 2 goals a piece and the game appeared destined to be a hard fought, low scoring, defensive struggle.

However, the Thrashers broke things wide open in the third, jumping out to a 4-2 lead, courtesy of Ilya Kovalchuk's hat trick. Caps adorned the ice and the fans in Philips Arena went wild, fully prepared to cheer on their Thrashers for the Cup in Game 5.

Unfortunately, the Devils had other plans. Clemmensen was yanked and Martin Brodeur made his first playoff appearance of the year. Brodeur quickly allowed a goal to the delight of the frenzied fans, but it wasn't long before the rust had worn off and Brodeur sparkled. Shot after shot was turned away in spectacular fashion, and slowly the Devils climbed their way back into the game. At the end of the third, the score was all tied up, 5-5.

Brodeur's best save came in OT off of the ever dangerous Ilya Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk skated across the front of the net and unleashed a searing shot aimed at the top corner. Brodeur dropped down, stacked the pads, and kicked away the puck at the last second. Alex Mogilny picked up the rebound, skated down the ice, and feathered a cross ice pass to Scott Gomez, who made no mistake and banged in his second overtime winner of the finals.

GAME 3: ATL 5, NJ 4
GAME 4: NJ 6, ATL 5 OT

CAGHL2K6 CHAMPION: NEW JERSEY DEVILS

By the way, I just wanted to thank and congratulate Ryan on a great series!
All of the games were very close and so much fun to play.

And thanks to everyone too for a great regular season.

What are the plans for next year? The sooner we know what system/game we'll be playing the CAGHL 2K7 season with the better, so I can buy an Xbox or a 360 to bring to college this fall.

Good series guys and congrats to TJordan.

I'm going to wait to read reviews before I decide whether to buy 2K7 or not and on which system.

I have both systems and a ton of EB credit so I will get the game for both, but as far a leagues go I would vote for a 360 league.

good job, jordan. i'm actually kind of surprised at the result, but it's nice to see that if the championship didn't come my way, at least we have a new champion.

also, i want to say good job to everyone who continuously participated in the league, the ones who went the distance and didn't flake out, even (and especially) if their records weren't the best.

as far as next season is concerned, i'm not sure where i stand on it. i lost my job a few weeks ago (which isn't really that bad), and although i'm not really hurting for money, i don't know if i can justify paying the $50 for the XBL fee when this past year i've only really used it for the CAGHL league. plus, i won't be getting a 360 for a while (unless something unexpected happens), so if you guys are looking to play on that one, i'll be out anyways.

[quote name='thatstoobad']good job, jordan. i'm actually kind of surprised at the result, but it's nice to see that if the championship didn't come my way, at least we have a new champion.

also, i want to say good job to everyone who continuously participated in the league, the ones who went the distance and didn't flake out, even (and especially) if their records weren't the best.

as far as next season is concerned, i'm not sure where i stand on it. i lost my job a few weeks ago (which isn't really that bad), and although i'm not really hurting for money, i don't know if i can justify paying the $50 for the XBL fee when this past year i've only really used it for the CAGHL league. plus, i won't be getting a 360 for a while (unless something unexpected happens), so if you guys are looking to play on that one, i'll be out anyways.[/QUOTE]

Well I hope we have you back next year, you are one of the league's premier players.

I guess we should wait until this years games are released and then decide which system and game we want to play our league with. Either way, I'm going to take a hit because I would need to buy Xbox Live, the game, and the system to bring to college, which is already costing a fortune lol.

I wouldn't mind running the league if thatstoobad doesn't come back, but let's hope he does...

Congrats Jordan. Nice series. Losing game 4 after being up by 3 really hurt. I'm up for a league on any system. I'm afraid I'm going to end up get 2k7 on Xbox and 360 and NHL 07 on 360 if it's as good as all the previews think it is. Oh well. Sorry it took so long to get the series completed and thatstoobad better come back. He's kept this thing going for two seasons, two tournaments, and one off-shoot summer league.

I brought my Xbox with me to college, but not a 360, so I can definately play in any Xbox league, but probably not 360. Let me know what's up.

i don't really have XBL right now, and i haven't purchased 2k7 yet either, so unfortunately i don't really know what's going on with it. i would imagine something will get together sooner or later, but i can't really do anything right now.

Curses. I want some kind of hockey league. Right now I just have the 360 version of 2k7. I took back NHL 07 without opening it, because sighlintbob confirmed that the only thing cool is the right stick and everything else pretty much blows. I would definitely spend the extra $20 for a regular Xbox league.

i'm hoping to have my job/financial situation straightened out soon, and once i do, i plan to get the game and get the XBL again. so this year's league may start late, but it should still happen.

bread's done
Back