Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='METH']Radjago and i got our game in and guess what???? IT REGISTERED!!!

It was a great game, Radjago and his stars cameback in the third to make it 4-3 Habs...but then rookie Chris Higgins scored the nail in the coffin ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah Higgins seemed really on today. It was a good game to the end.

I played dafoomie yesterday. It registered as well. Jose Theodore rebounded from losing his Thrashers opener, to get his first shutout of the season, 4-0. Good game dafoomie.

[quote name='METH']Damn...

Week 24 -> I'm facing the Thrashers ....[/quote]

I think you mean the Thranadiens. :D

Oh, and I've sent out some more trade offers.

[quote name='repetske']I think you mean the Thranadiens. :D

Oh, and I've sent out some more trade offers.[/QUOTE]

do you even have anyone from the thrashers roster left?

Sorry Repetske, but i'm not trading big # 44... Sheldon Souray

c'mon man, i want the other hossa, but not that much.

cfeeze hasn't gotten back to me about our game yet, by the way.

just to remind you guys, i'm advancing the schedule tomorrow, so try to get any games in that need to be played, and please post the results of any game if it didn't register.

i'm about to advance the schedule, but before i did i thought i would let you guys know what happened in my game with cfreeze yesterday. toronto scored early, but the wings bounced back with two quick goals to take the lead. detroit controlled most of the game and had some great chances, but was unable to find the back of the net. late in the game, toronto scored a goal to tie the game and send it to OT. detroit missed another chance to end the game and toronto came back to put a quick end to overtime, beating the red wings 3-2.

i think i out shot the other team something like 55-15, but at least it was nice to see a goalie not crap out on the player. the only annoying thing is that it didn't register and i don't get that OTL point, but i'm not the only one who's had that happen to them, so it's no big deal.

with only three games left in the season, week 24 is crucial for boston, tampa bay, montreal and pittsburgh. none of those four teams have an easy week ahead of them, as the bruins play the first place devils, the lightning play a toronto maple leafs team that is coming off a big win against detroit, montreal plays the always intimidating atlanta thrashers, and the penguins square off against the dangerous nashville predators.

boston must shut down the new jersey scoring machine in order to stop the team that goes by the motto "the best defense is a good offense". this may be tough, as the 21-2 devils look to clinch a first place finish with a win. the lightning must find the back of the net early and often against toronto, as the maple leafs have shown that they know how to score when it's crunch time. montreal has to knock the thrashers dizzy, so much so that they get confused and all the former canadians start trying to put the puck in the atlanta net. pittsburgh must simply play the strong game they know how to play, and limit the offensive chances of nashville's scoring leader david legwand.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 05/09/06

schedule: week twenty four

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Atlanta Thrashers @ Montreal Canadiens
Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings
Chicago Blackhawks @ San Jose Sharks
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues @ Los Angeles Kings
Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche
New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins
----------------------------------------------
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ New York Rangers
Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

Hey guys, sorry I've been missing games lately. Totally my fault, I forgot to come in here and tell everyone that I had an opportunity to purchase a 360 but in order to afford it, I had to lose my regular Xbox. So I'm not gonna be able to play anymore games (obviously). I don't check my PM's often (if ever). Again, sorry for not notifying anyone sooner. See ya next year though on NHL 2K7 for Xbox 360!

[quote name='thatstoobad']with only three games left in the season, week 24 is crucial for boston, tampa bay, montreal and pittsburgh. none of those four teams have an easy week ahead of them, as the bruins play the first place devils, the lightning play a toronto maple leafs team that is coming off a big win against detroit, montreal plays the always intimidating atlanta thrashers, and the penguins square off against the dangerous nashville predators.

boston must shut down the new jersey scoring machine in order to stop the team that goes by the motto "the best defense is a good offense". this may be tough, as the 21-2 devils look to clinch a first place finish with a win. the lightning must find the back of the net early and often against toronto, as the maple leafs have shown that they know how to score when it's crunch time. montreal has to knock the thrashers dizzy, so much so that they get confused and all the former canadians start trying to put the puck in the atlanta net. pittsburgh must simply play the strong game they know how to play, and limit the offensive chances of nashville's scoring leader david legwand.
[/QUOTE]

Great preview of week 24 !

The end of the season is near and the Habs want to be part of the playoffs.

PS: Xbox live is down today (for a good 13 hours...)

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I play Matt this week, has he been on at all lately or still no internet?[/QUOTE]
you're going to play dallas this week now. since there is no more colorado, and matt has been for some time now, both teams are out and the remaining few weeks have their schedules adjusted.

i'll send you a PM about it too, just in case you miss this post.

[quote name='METH']Great preview of week 24 !

The end of the season is near and the Habs want to be part of the playoffs.

PS: Xbox live is down today (for a good 13 hours...)[/quote]

Let me know when you can play, my Crazy French Canadian foe.

Played Meth last night. It was 9-3 Thrashers. It was much, much closer than the score as most of the game was 2-1 and 3-2. Good game Alex. Kovy had his game of the season, 3 goals, 2 assists, but alas, it didn't register.

[quote name='repetske']but alas, it didn't register.[/QUOTE]

DAMN 2Ksports !!!!

Good game... it wasn't that close though, Atlanta is an offensive powerhouse ;)

[quote name='TJordan522']Back from Dallas! I'll work on getting my game in...

And I'd definately be up for a summer league.[/quote]

Sorry. It's already filled up. Oh, and we don't allow cheesers in the league. ;)

Gomer and I played our game. The whole game was laggy. I'm not sure if it was 2K or it was on one of our ends. Either way St Louis scored the only goal with a high shot that landed on a confused Vokoun's back. He proceeded to twitch back and forth a bit before it rolled down his back and landed in the goal.

St Lous 1
Dallas 0

Shutout, but lucky for me, it didn't register.

[quote name='radjago']Gomer and I played our game. The whole game was laggy. I'm not sure if it was 2K or it was on one of our ends. Either way St Louis scored the only goal with a high shot that landed on a confused Vokoun's back. He proceeded to twitch back and forth a bit before it rolled down his back and landed in the goal.

St Lous 1
Dallas 0

Shutout, but lucky for me, it didn't register.[/QUOTE]

That one goal was pretty crappy but with the D we both had yesterday, kinda had to take what we got. I saw that puck flip in the air and I knew it was gonna go in. Great game though, both our D's were top notch.

i think pittsburgh still has a chance to make the playoffs if you include OTLs in the total team points, but it's kind of a pain for me to hook my xbox up the the XBL, so if anyone else wants to check it out, be my guest.

two weeks left, here's the update:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:

PLAY BY DATE: 05/17/06

schedule: week twenty five

New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Dallas Stars
Chicago Blackhawks @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Detroit Red Wings @ Boston Bruins
St. Louis Blues @ Philadelphia Flyers
San Jose Sharks @ Nashville Predators
Atlanta Thrashers @ Toronto Maple Leafs
-------------------------------------------
Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators
Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings
New York Rangers @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks

dafoomie - boston bruins
Tojo - colorado avalanche (vacated)
radjago - dallas stars
matt young - l.a. kings (vacated)

[quote name='TJordan522']Are the playoffs one game per round? Or are they something like a three game series?[/QUOTE]
i believe that each series is actually best of 5. there should be a way to check while signed on in the game, so i'll make sure of it next time i'm on.

I contacted flybrione about our game via the XBL message system he replied back that he was busy that night. We have had no contact since then.

[quote name='ajh2298']I contacted flybrione about our game via the XBL message system he replied back that he was busy that night. We have had no contact since then.[/QUOTE]

We are scheduled to play our game tomorrow evening!

so, just so you guys know, the play by date is 5/17/06, which means that's the date the schedule gets advanced, which means that you are supposed to have your games done before wednesday.

so try to get your games in, if you can actually get ahold of your opponant.

[quote name='radjago']I sent a PM and heard nothing from sighlintbob so far. Hit me up for our game this week, bob.[/QUOTE]
Bob and I were to play our game, but our paths didn't cross. I'll keep you updated.

In his third consecutive start since a relief effort for Martin Brodeur in Week 21, Scott Clemmensen made 23 saves on his way to his third straight win and his second shutout in three games, defeating METH's Montreal Canadiens by a score of 3-0.

Not to be outdone, rookie phenom Cristobal Huet made 60 stops in the losing effort.

Great game METH!!

I played flybrione tonight and the Penguins pulled out a 5-2 win to keep their small hope up of making the playoffs.

Good game flybrione

Hey guys. I'm back, but I wanted to apologize for the sudden departure. If I had more of a say in it, I'd have participated all the way through. Thanks for including me, and best of luck to whoever leads the standings at this time.

[quote name='radjago']Bob and I were to play our game, but our paths didn't cross. I'll keep you updated.[/QUOTE]

well it looks like i'm going to have to forfiet my game this week. I've been moving all week and i'm having trouble making time to play my game. Sorry about that radjago. I should back on track next week and by some miracle, hopefully make the playoffs.

And of course, i'm definitely up for the summer league if there's room.

What's up, guys? I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I just got internet access again for the first time since March. I wish I had been able to continue playing in the league, and I hope my departure didn't cause too many problems.

[quote name='Matt Young']What's up, guys? I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I just got internet access again for the first time since March. I wish I had been able to continue playing in the league, and I hope my departure didn't cause too many problems.[/QUOTE]
good to see you back. it's too bad you had to move (i think you moved, right?), since you were one of the people who was actually into the league. it's cool though, at least you got your connection back, and there's always next season.

i'll be on xbox live soon, and i will get the actual standings when i'm on, but as it stands, new jersey has the top spot locked up, atlanta, detroit, and nashville are all battling for second place, the flyers and blues are going for fifth, tampa bay has pretty much locked up the seventh spot, and boston and pittsburgh are going for the final playoff spot. pittsburgh will definitely be in with a win and a boston loss, but i'll have to check the standings on XBL to be certain.

this is the final week of the regular season. the play by date is May 25, next thursday. i will be going out of town on friday, and i won't be back until next wednesday. while i should have an internet connection while i'm gone, i can't be certain, so if you guys have any problems like a game being dropped half way through and it needs to be reset, i would suggest just playing an exhibition game, as i don't know when i'll be able to get to it.

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:

PLAY BY DATE: 05/25/06

schedule: week twenty six

Chicago Blackhawks @ Boston Bruins
Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues
Toronto Maple Leafs @ San Jose Sharks
New Jersey Devils @ Nashville Predators
Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars
Atlanta Thrashers @ Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Montreal Canadiens
---------------------------------
Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres
Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers

dafoomie - boston bruins
Tojo - colorado avalanche (vacated)
radjago - dallas stars
matt young - l.a. kings (vacated)

Final week !!!! .... hopefully we'll see everyone back next season on xbox 360!

ajh2298 let me know when you can play.

just so you guys know, tjordan let me know that he and brad are going to be gone from may 26 to june something or other (like the 3rd or so). i said it's ok for them to get back and play their first round playoff series then, and i'm assuming everyone would agree, but i'm throwing it out there just in case.

of course, we could always boot them from the league for the hell of it. plus, that may give me first place if i win this week.

[quote name='METH']Final week !!!! .... hopefully we'll see everyone back next season on xbox 360![/QUOTE]
i don't know man. i'm probably going to get a Wii as soon as i can, but i'm still waiting on the 360. i'll end up getting it at some point, but i don't know if i'll have it by fall.

radjago and i played our game earlier today. it was laggy, as all of my games have been lately, so i'm pretty sure it's some sort of problem on my end. my XBL connection has been pretty weak ever since i moved. my set up is different now, so i'll have to figure out what the problem is.

anyways, it was a really close game, back and forth the whole way through. with 2 minutes of game time left, datsyuk got a break away, which i was luckily able to cash in on and get the game winner. the final score was 3-2.

while i was on, i got the stats for the team point totals. here they are as they were PRIOR to the game today:

new jersey-------46
atlanta------------41
detroit-------------40
nashville----------38
philadelphia------32
st. louis-----------30
tampa bay-------26
boston------------25
pittsburgh-------24
toronto-----------21
montreal---------20
san jose---------18
chicago-----------15
dallas-------------12

i now have 42 points, so i'm in second, until the atlanta game is played and we see if they reclaim second place.

tie breakers will first be total wins, then be the head to head games. meaning we'll look at who won the game played between the two tied teams.

bread's done
Back