CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='staticz']Had a good game with N8. WRs couldn't get any separation and the field was usually blanketed by 9 defenders if I went in a 4 or 5 wide set. Carolina falls to 1-5 (1-2 with me at the helm)

Here are the highlights:[/QUOTE]

Really cool to see highlights (well...lowlights in the case of our game, lol). Thanks for posting that! Your capture card looks really good too. Man, I thought I had you on that last play. I was usering my MLB the whole way, and as soon as I saw the TE break, I knew that's where you were going (but I also don't know what the fuck Babineaux was doing on that play...that pretty much shows how broken TE coverage is). But again...apparently, my defenders think the ball has AIDs or something. The bad thing is, with each narrow victory I get, I know I'm one game closer to receiving an absolute spanking, haha. I just know one is coming...and it scares me. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Blade3D']Ok, I am convinced, I want one of these now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I recorded the entire game and was able to edit it with the built-in software in about 15 minutes. If you get one I cannot recommend the Elagato enough. It is only about $10 more than the Hauppage if you catch it at the right time on Amazon.

I was going to stream but couldn't figure out if I could record and stream at the same time. I'm pretty sure I found the option after the game though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Really cool to see highlights (well...lowlights in the case of our game, lol). Thanks for posting that! Your capture card looks really good too. Man, I thought I had you on that last play. I was usering my MLB the whole way, and as soon as I saw the TE break, I knew that's where you were going. But again...apparently, my defenders think the ball has AIDs or something. The bad thing is, with each narrow victory I get, I know I'm one game closer to receiving an absolute spanking, haha. I just know one is coming...and it scares me. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried to get a balance of both of our teams and what, in my opinion, was a highlight (hard to find in a 10-7 game). I wanted to mess around with getting multiple angles but the wife was yelling about dinner ;)

[quote name='staticz']Yeah. I recorded the entire game and was able to edit it with the built-in software in about 15 minutes. If you get one I cannot recommend the Elagato enough. It is only about $10 more than the Hauppage if you catch it at the right time on Amazon.

I was going to stream but couldn't figure out if I could record and stream at the same time. I'm pretty sure I found the option after the game though.

Thanks. I tried to get a balance of both of our teams and what, in my opinion, was a highlight (hard to find in a 10-7 game). I wanted to mess around with getting multiple angles but the wife was yelling about dinner ;)[/QUOTE]

Do we play? I want my game to be streamed lol. I will definitely get one when I have the money, I just recently bought a handgun and that was all my extra cash. You got film to go over too for anyone that makes the playoffs.

Bengals over the colts 17-7

Luck was 10-15 on the night with 180 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Sproles had 19 carries for 59 yards 1 TD 1 catch for 10 yards 1 fumble

AJ Green 3 catches for 1 TD and with his 3rd down catch for a TD sealed the game for the bengals

Defense has 3 sacks 1 INT 4 forced fumbles with 2 recovered

Manny Lawson had 2 of the bengals sacks
Thomas Howard has 2 fumble recoveries and 1 INT 3 Tackles (possible DPOW)

GG Bush as always i think we have played within all the leagues about 6 or 7 times now already and every game get harder and harder as we know so much of eachothers playing style by now it becomes more of a defensive battle with us.

Ahhhhh I hate the servers! The Steelers and Texans got all tied up with 2 seconds left in regulation to take it to OT!

At the coin toss for OT a DESYNC happened

KasterDB and myself tried to play our game tonight and after a while trying to connect, we both decided to try again tomorrow. We both kept getting the "game session is no longer available" screen.

After restarting our routers, I couldn't connect to Xbox live, I eventually did, and after that couldn't connect to ea servers. The madden gods really didn't want us to play tonight, lol.

I'm actually ok with him play my CPU now. We have tried and attempted 5 games now. His last drive of the last game before the Desync was amazing!

I'm gonna be tied up tomorrow evening and have an early meeting tomorrow morning and tied up all day with work and family stuff tomorrow late so I won't be think ill be able to get another game in sadly. He has an open schedule tomorrow and offered to play so I am the one and has been very cooperative which is appreciated. So to me he is warranted with the CPU game.

[quote name='Docb9110']I'm actually ok with him play my CPU now. We have tried and attempted 5 games now. His last drive of the last game before the Desync was amazing!

I'm gonna be tied up tomorrow evening and have an early meeting tomorrow morning and tied up all day with work and family stuff tomorrow late so I won't be think ill be able to get another game in sadly. He has an open schedule tomorrow and offered to play so I am the one and has been very cooperative which is appreciated. So to me he is warranted with the CPU game.[/QUOTE]

You arent free Saturday?

[quote name='Docb9110']Sorry Mc, you know we are cool man but I gotta go with Blade on this one.

He has a superior team, not that he is a superior player, though honestly I do believe he is top 5 in the league as far as gameplay. I believe even a mediocre player could be great with the team he has literally built up. I always have to give him credit when we chat because he has mad solid trades and built up one of the best OVR teams in the league in my opinion the lucky bastard! HAHAHA[/QUOTE]
Haha you should join my xbox live party during the game. I do a pretty mean play by play.

^haha love it! Going to be an interesting game for sure. Thankfully I am doing absolutely nothing tonight after a long week at work so I'll probably be an old man and fall asleep early

[quote name='jza1218']Any word on the giants-patriots trade?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, thought I forwarded it, but apparently, I did not. I'd call it a brain fart, but I'm more inclined to just call it a "dad moment", lol. Forwarded now.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sorry, thought I forwarded it, but apparently, I did not. I'd call it a brain fart, but I'm more inclined to just call it a "dad moment", lol. Forwarded now.[/QUOTE]

How dare! Burn the Chaos tainted! Smite the heretic! :D

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sorry, thought I forwarded it, but apparently, I did not. I'd call it a brain fart, but I'm more inclined to just call it a "dad moment", lol. Forwarded now.[/QUOTE]

Say no more, lord knows I can relate lol.

Haha...slow day for the thread. For whatever reason, I'm getting this vibe in here...

006200_11.jpg

Damn, now I really want to watch that movie.

[quote name='GpNinja']18 haha probably one of the youngest. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I have never seen that movie either. To be fair though, I am also under 21.

However, if we are throwing out 80s movie references then I raise you Airplane!

AirplaneMovieOttoPilotInflatable.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Games Left:
(UPDATED)

ATL vs TB
MIN vs OAK (Playing at 3p Today)
WAS vs SEA (Trying to play tonight)

Any word on these?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Also Games Left:

ATL vs TB
MIN vs OAK
WAS vs SEA

Any word on these?[/QUOTE]

Had initially planned to play WAS last night but I ended up busy the entire night. Going to reach out to him now to try and set it up for today.

Cliff Avril (Lions DE) has the NFL record for sacks and its week 7....

Also, updating the Bucs trade block one last time:

CB Aqib Talib 89 OVR (looking for a comparable WR for him)
RE Adrian Clayborn 82 OVR
RE Dillard Williams 80 OVR
LOLB Quincy Black 79 OVR
HB Pierre Thomas 83 OVR
1st round pick
3rd round pick x2

Looking for WR and CB mostly.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Also Games Left:
(UPDATED)

ATL vs TB
MIN vs OAK
WAS vs SEA (Trying to play tonight)

Any word on these?[/QUOTE]

We were going to play Thursday night but we couldn't connect. Trying again today at 3.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This feels like the longest bye week ever. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

damn it i was looking forward to playing and now i just noticed i have a bye week coming up after we advance yay :cry: everyone plz play fast

saved by the bell's very own Kelly Kapowski serving up wets dreams in the 90's and still does the job in todays word

Oh, I was browsing around, and I think it even shows in the news feed that the Chargers are using Andy Reid as their coach. Does he need to rejoin and create his own coach?

Not going to lie, I really don't like Saved by the Bell. She is also on a USA Network show now a days.

Edit:

[quote name='perdition(troy']were you guys the last game left?[/QUOTE]

Yes. We should be able to advance whenever.

Edit 2: fuck. It looks like I am play the undefeated Lions next week.

should be a good game, I barely had you in the other league.

edit: results here
Steelers/Jags is in the books. 16-0 steelers, story of the game was neither team being able to put it in when reaching the red zone. Four trips for the Steelers resulted in 3 field goals and a TD, and one trip for the Jags resulted in MJD being stuff at the 3 yard line on fourth down.

Frank Gore had an off day with 17 rushes only amounting for 34 yards. However, he did have the one TD of the game coming away with 3 catches for 11 yds and the TD. Roethlisraper was 17 of 23 with a TD, 0 picks.

Alex smith went 8 for 18 for 132 yards and had two picks. After throwing for a 58 yard bomb with 45 seconds left, Smith threw a game ending pick to Pat Lee (2nd pick).

GG dark rider.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Pretty sure they're still open, it says 31 of 32 owners in the league screen[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, was just wondering since the league is "full".

Looking forward to playing the Cardinals.

[quote name='perdition(troy']should be a good game, I barely had you in the other league.

edit: results here
Steelers/Jags is in the books. 16-0 steelers, story of the game was neither team being able to put it in when reaching the red zone. Four trips for the Steelers resulted in 3 field goals and a TD, and one trip for the Jags resulted in MJD being stuff at the 3 yard line on fourth down.

Frank Gore had an off day with 17 rushes only amounting for 34 yards. However, he did have the one TD of the game coming away with 3 catches for 11 yds and the TD. Roethlisraper was 17 of 23 with a TD, 0 picks.

Alex smith went 8 for 18 for 132 yards and had two picks. After throwing for a 58 yard bomb with 45 seconds left, Smith threw a game ending pick to Pat Lee (2nd pick).

GG dark rider.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should be. I think both of our teams in this league are better, so that should make it interesting. Once we advance I will pm you.

[quote name='Blade3D']Oh ok, was just wondering since the league is "full".

Looking forward to playing the Cardinals.[/QUOTE]

It's "full" in the sense that I'm not scouring the internet looking for applicants. We have people on the waiting list, but no one has really been able to give me a fair assessment of their skill levels. njrockpd has offered to scrimmage with me, but we just haven't linked up to get that done.

I'm definitely not going to rush into it to fill the spot though. We have a very good competitive balance in the league right now (I feel like we've had at least 10 teams look like "front runners" at one point or another). So, I don't want to compromise that just to fill a CPU team.

Also, I'll try to get us advanced in a little while. I've still got to do my practice, and the trade committee is still hashing out a trade (which is relevant considering the deadline is Week 8). So, please bear with me.

[quote name='DVO21']saved by the bell's very own Kelly Kapowski serving up wets dreams in the 90's and still does the job in todays word[/QUOTE]

[quote name='perdition(troy']oh me oh my[/QUOTE]

I can't believe she's 39. She's always been gorgeous, but her weight kinda ballooned for a little while. She looks like she's in amazing shape now though. I guess they've been talking about a possible SBtB reunion...with Boy Meets World getting a revival and all. That would be something to see. Most of the cast looks exactly the same.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Not going to lie, I really don't like Saved by the Bell. She is also on a USA Network show now a days.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I wouldn't expect today's youth to really grasp SBtB. At its essence, it was incredibly cheesy and ridiculous. But it was also pretty entertaining. I'd challenge anybody to make a high school show in today's world without being incredibly slutty and vulgar though and see if anyone watches it. Different times.

bread's done
Back