CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='GpNinja']That last play how you stood in the pocket and didn't even move I would have probably rolled out and gotten sacked. Stuff like that I need to work on.[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah. I was that way in M12. This year it pays off to sit in the pocket, if you don't your blocks will fall apart quickly.

[quote name='Flyersfan']GG.

Also seeing a qb wear #4 (Russell Wilson) for the Packers as qb was a little strange.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've got a linebacker wearing #56 on the Giants. It's weird.

[quote name='DVO21']3rd quarter rally that way i get xp for players and for the coach[/QUOTE]

How much EXP do you get?

Dang am I looking foward too playing the ravens my off rank is 2 and def rank is 13 his off is 13 and def rank is 3.

We have advanced to Week 7! It looks like Dallas has a bye this week, so he will be serving his one game suspension in Week 8. The deadline for Week 7 games will be 1/26!

[quote name='Flyersfan']GG.

Yeah that fumble was a killer, my defense was depleted on that drive.

Overall solid but not impressive performance by 3rd overall pick Archie Urban in his debut. 8/14 for 157 I believe, 1 int, 1 td (swing pass to Heyward-Bey on an audible, he outran the Packers defense 73 yards down the sideline.) The rain played a factor as a few of the receivers on both sides slipped making cuts.

Janikowski hit a fg as time expired to give the Raiders a 16-13 win. I had to laugh at the what I estimate 40% full Lambeau Field. Even though they were 0-4 before that game (as they were pretty much CPU controlled with Steggy being busy), the Packers have like a 30 year waiting list for season tickets and that stadium is always full. Also seeing a qb wear #4 (Russell Wilson) for the Packers as qb was a little strange.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know what's happened to the Packers, if it was the CPU or previous users but last in scoring offense is not good. I obviously have my work cut out for me. I also had to laugh out loud when I saw Wilson's season stats...2 TDs 10 INTs...

Anyways kind of a newb question, is there anyway to change the way you call play from gameflow?

[quote name='DVO21']3rd quarter rally that way i get xp for players and for the coach[/QUOTE]

It specifically says that you only get it for yourself not the restofthe team.

[quote name='Blade3D']It specifically says that you only get it for yourself not the restofthe team.[/QUOTE]
Haha can't tell if he was joking or just being dvo. ;)

Dang so I was looking around on the fourms which was my first time. I realyl don't even listen to cag or use it really. My friend showed me a podcast and said they had a madden league on the fourm and that was something I had always wanted too do. It seems most of ya'll play in other leagues also like nba and nhl. Are those leagues as active as the madden ones? I've alway's picked up nba and nhl games when they've gotten cheaper. I'd be up for joining another game league though I am not very good at nba or nhl and would probably lose every game. haha

[quote name='GpNinja']Dang so I was looking around on the fourms which was my first time. I realyl don't even listen to cag or use it really. My friend showed me a podcast and said they had a madden league on the fourm and that was something I had always wanted too do. It seems most of ya'll play in other leagues also like nba and nhl. Are those leagues as active as the madden ones? I've alway's picked up nba and nhl games when they've gotten cheaper. I'd be up for joining another game league though I am not very good at nba or nhl and would probably lose every game. haha[/QUOTE]

Nate had an NHL league going as well but him, jza, myself, and a few others (Flyersfan is still in it I think?) got pretty fed up with the game this year and traded it in. Its still going with a new commish but I dont think its nearly full. There was a NBA league too but no idea what happened with that.

As for practice I tend to alternate between Bad Start and Easy Win, usually depends on how much I actually want to do the practice lol. 1500 guaranteed XP for Bad Start is pretty tempting if I just want to rush through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GpNinja']How much EXP do you get?[/QUOTE]

its different everytime but i read somewhere that in players can earn xp in practice and so from there i just watched my players xp before practice and checked after to see if any changes happened to a guy that had a stood out big time i nthe practice mode and noticed his xp went up the highest ive seen get extra was around 1000 xp. and i always do 3rd quarter rally and it says players cant earn it but they still do. u can test it out for urself like i did to see if u notice anything but it works for me for some reason. wouldnt try leading people into the wrong direction for fun thought this would help people progress there players

example stephen hill sits at 5235 xp im about to do my practice i will let u know if it goes up and i plan to target him alot

practice mode used: 3rd Quarter Rally
starting score 10-0 my team was down
Hill had 4 TDs and at one point a little popup came up saying he had 160 yards but i know he had more than that after a few catchs but the popup never came up again.
hills xp after was 6253

so with that his xp went a little above 1000 extra xp

try it yourself see if it works for u

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Docb9110']I thought theist update fixed practices to where players get XP as well. I specifically practice just to get my rookie qb some xp[/QUOTE]

u are correct it was part of one of the patches i just dotn remember which one

[quote name='staticz']Are you in IT? I'm a Network Engineer and we have a huge turnover rate. Mostly burnout and/or firings. Working in healthcare is not fun. Less than 5 hours of scheduled downtime for the entire year

edit: I think it was this league...here is some footage from my new capture card -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN2trDUj4mI

I'm going to try to live stream my game tomorrow night through twitch. I'll post a link up before we start[/QUOTE]

Not bad, does it stream/record at 1080p? The video quality is pretty good. I will get one eventually, but I just spent a nice chunk of change so I gotta wait now.

I'll watch the game if you stream it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Cutting and re-signing players is just a means of saving money, but it definitely shouldn't be exploited. The only saving grace is that you'd only be allowed to re-sign those guys to a one year deal. But the bad part is that there's no type of waivers or anything to allow other teams a crack at them. You're basically just killing long term deals to free up money at the risk of not being able to re-sign that guy long-term. But since the deals in Madden are all backloaded, this can quickly become a nefarious practice. Anyone doing it excessively and using it as a means for circumventing the cap will be handled appropriately.[/QUOTE]

Is it acceptable to use it to get one of my players to resign that the CPU/previous player caused to not negotiate with me anymore? What about one I screwed up negotiating with? Though I think I read on here that I'll get another chance to sign them.

Anyone have any draft tips compared to previous Maddens?

[quote name='Blade3D']Not bad, does it stream/record at 1080p? The video quality is pretty good. I will get one eventually, but I just spent a nice chunk of change so I gotta wait now.

I'll watch the game if you stream it.[/QUOTE]

It will. That is 720p because the TV i play on is older. The software is pretty damn good too.

I need to figure out if I can stream and record at the same time.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Is it acceptable to use it to get one of my players to resign that the CPU/previous player caused to not negotiate with me anymore? What about one I screwed up negotiating with? Though I think I read on here that I'll get another chance to sign them.

Anyone have any draft tips compared to previous Maddens?[/QUOTE]

Ugh...this gets into such a messy area. I don't even know how to regulate it. I could understand the reasoning for the first example you gave. But the second example seems really shady. What's the purpose of even having negotiations if you can just cut and force guys to take the contract you want to offer? I appreciate you asking about it first, but I really, really hope that nobody thinks of that as a viable option for retaining players. It starts defeating the purpose of a franchise at that point.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ugh...this gets into such a messy area. I don't even know how to regulate it. I could understand the reasoning for the first example you gave. But the second example seems really shady. What's the purpose of even having negotiations if you can just cut and force guys to take the contract you want to offer? I appreciate you asking about it first, but I really, really hope that nobody thinks of that as a viable option for retaining players. It starts defeating the purpose of a franchise at that point.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can only sign FAs in season to a 1 year deal anyway so come offseason you'd still probably lose the guy if you screwed up negotiations. Obviously it's not a good idea and shouldn't be done but I don't think any owner can sustain that practice either way.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Well, you can only sign FAs in season to a 1 year deal anyway so come offseason you'd still probably lose the guy if you screwed up negotiations. Obviously it's not a good idea and shouldn't be done but I don't think any owner can sustain that practice either way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm just thinking of people offering the guy a 7 year contract (with no bonus) in the re-sign period, and then cutting/re-signing again the following season. That way, you keep retaining the player, but only on a one year basis. I would HOPE that's something we'd notice...but it just depresses me thinking of the lengths some people might go to to win at video game football. I really can't specifically think of an advantage it would provide, but I can't think of a reason it would be necessary either.

Honestly, I might add a clause to the OP that anyone caught trying to undermine the purpose or enjoyment of the league by abusing any in-game loopholes is subject to an insta-ban. When you start approaching these kinds of "strategies", strikes just aren't enough. And really, with this stuff, the bottom line should always be if you don't ask about it first (which, obviously, UMX had the good sense to do), then you probably know it's not the best thing to be doing.

Does anyone else get disconnected from the EA servers like crazy? I am getting pretty pissed about whatever is up with my Internet or router.

[quote name='Blade3D']Does anyone else get disconnected from the EA servers like crazy? I am getting pretty pissed about whatever is up with my Internet or router.[/QUOTE]

I have that problem, but I'm having someone come out from comcast tomorrow so we will see in a few days if it's EA servers or comcast.

i had my internet company come out becuz of this same problem turns out it was the EA server with my issue. everything else worked fine other games and netflix all that stuff but once i pop in madden and play a game in the online CCM mode against the cpu or even practice mode at times the ea server fails me

[quote name='staticz']Is there any way to see salary info on the website?[/QUOTE]

Easiest way to do that is to click players, filter the teams and position you want and click the button. Then choose salary.

We got disconnected a 3rd time and decided it might be better to try again tomorrow same time!

On a sidebar: kaster your dad is freakin awesome lol

[quote name='Docb9110']Texans Steelers disconnected start of 3rd. Trying to get it in again right now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, after a great 1st half in which Steelers jumped up 14-7, Texans scored 21 straight to take a 14 pt lead at the half. Then disconnect city. Decided to bag it and try again tomorrow night.

Dang crazy game with the Ravens it was one of those if I could take one play back I maybe could have won. First play threw a pick 6. Ed reed took it back he also had another pick in the 4th that sealed the deal for them when I was around there 15.
I basically played the whole game playing catch up my offense wasn't clicking at all.
Can't wait too play again. GG

[quote name='Docb9110']We got disconnected a 3rd time and decided it might be better to try again tomorrow same time!

On a sidebar: kaster your dad is freakin awesome lol[/QUOTE]

That's what they tell me :D

[quote name='GpNinja']Dang crazy game with the Ravens it was one of those if I could take one play back I maybe could have won. First play threw a pick 6. Ed reed took it back he also had another pick in the 4th that sealed the deal for them when I was around there 15.
I basically played the whole game playing catch up my offense wasn't clicking at all.
Can't wait too play again. GG[/QUOTE]

Yeah good game. Tried some different things on defense throughout the game and had mixed results. Finally got a couple interceptions from Reed, had a few other potential interceptions that I just couldn't haul in. Had some turnovers myself. 1 was just me taking a shot downfield at the end of the 1st half and getting picked, so I didn't feel bad about that, but my 2 fumbles on back to back kickoffs were brutal, luckily I was able to recover the 2nd one. A lot of big plays in this game offensively for both teams. I thought I had the game won when I was up by 12 late in the 4th quarter and even after you failed the onside kick, you still had a shot to get the ball back and who knows what would have happened with all the big plays that happened in this game. Had me worried all the way up until I was able to take a knee.

PM'd slofton, but we probably wont get our game in till Friday night at the earliest. Its fiscal quarter-end at my company this week and since I work in the finance department I'm in early and out late every day this week.

So seems it's not just me with the disconnects. I just did a practice, and player game with no problems. I been trying to figure out what is wrong cause late at night my internet acts like crap too, I get repeated reloads on Netflix etc. I am looking into the router I am using as my wireless bridge for a TiVo and Bluray player. It all started when I hooked it up.

[quote name='Blade3D']So seems it's not just me with the disconnects. I just did a practice, and player game with no problems. I been trying to figure out what is wrong cause late at night my internet acts like crap too, I get repeated reloads on Netflix etc. I am looking into the router I am using as my wireless bridge for a TiVo and Bluray player. It all started when I hooked it up.[/QUOTE]
better get if fixed asap. big nfc west game after we advance!

I think I got my wireless problems fixed after messing with it some last night and today. What is odd is it was working perfectly fine for a couple of months then all of a sudden started having problems. It started when they upgraded our internet speed too.

[quote name='billymcdugal']better get if fixed asap. big nfc west game after we advance![/QUOTE]

Sorry Mc, you know we are cool man but I gotta go with Blade on this one.

He has a superior team, not that he is a superior player, though honestly I do believe he is top 5 in the league as far as gameplay. I believe even a mediocre player could be great with the team he has literally built up. I always have to give him credit when we chat because he has mad solid trades and built up one of the best OVR teams in the league in my opinion the lucky bastard! HAHAHA

[quote name='billymcdugal']better get if fixed asap. big nfc west game after we advance![/QUOTE]

Last season I had quite a bit of competition with the Seahawks to keep the #1 spot in the NFC West for awhile.

[quote name='Docb9110']Sorry Mc, you know we are cool man but I gotta go with Blade on this one.

He has a superior team, not that he is a superior player, though honestly I do believe he is top 5 in the league as far as gameplay. I believe even a mediocre player could be great with the team he has literally built up. I always have to give him credit when we chat because he has mad solid trades and built up one of the best OVR teams in the league in my opinion the lucky bastard! HAHAHA[/QUOTE]

I mean the 49ers defense was already ridiculous, there offensive line is great. I just added a few pieces that fit my style of play better.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ugh...this gets into such a messy area. I don't even know how to regulate it. I could understand the reasoning for the first example you gave. But the second example seems really shady. What's the purpose of even having negotiations if you can just cut and force guys to take the contract you want to offer? I appreciate you asking about it first, but I really, really hope that nobody thinks of that as a viable option for retaining players. It starts defeating the purpose of a franchise at that point.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I only ask because it seems like there are a lot of little issues like this with the new franchise mode and I don't want to exploit any, but at the same time I want to make sure I'm not avoiding something that everyone else is doing. I've seen news items of players being cut in the game so that is what got me thinking about it after reading the previous discussion here.

If I get another chance to sign Alex Mack before he takes off I'll leave it be for both players, otherwise I might try to do the one year signing with Alex Mack because I can't afford to have him walk away and the negotiations breaking down weren't caused by me.

[quote name='Blade3D']I mean the 49ers defense was already ridiculous, there offensive line is great. I just added a few pieces that fit my style of play better.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I should've been a dickhead and kept them at the beginning of the year.

Titans - 10
Panthers - 7

The Titans somehow come out on top of another close game. As I told staticz, I'm not sure if the defenses were great in this one or the QBs were terrible. I do know my o-line has been playing like shit this season though. They don't hold their blocks at all, and even with 99 speed, I've been having trouble getting CJ out of the backfield.

Having to rely on Jake Locker's accuracy is just not a good time (though having to rely on Alex Smith's accuracy might be worse, lol). I was trying to lead receivers with balls, and instead, Locker throws it right at the defender. I do have to say though, the Carolina DBs were catching everything. Meanwhile, my overpaid DBs were back to dropping balls thrown right at them. Fortunately, their coverage held out all game, despite not being able to get any turnovers. The entire game, I felt like I was just waiting on the other shoe to drop and one of the Carolina receivers to just be all by himself.

The only scoring in the game was a 1 yard TD run by each side, and then my game winning field goal early in the 4th. *yawn*. You'd think we played this one in a monsoon or something, haha. GG, staticz. Not sure how long my "close game luck" will hold out. This shit is killing my blood pressure.

Titans
Jake Locker - 4-8, 77 yds, 0 TDs, 3 INTs
Chris Johnson - 18 att, 81 yds, 1 rec, 6 yds
Craig Stevens - 2 att, 10 yds, 1 TD
Nate Washington - 1 rec, 52 yds

Titans Defense - 6 pass deflections / 0 INTs....eat a dick, EA

Panthers
Alex Smith - 5-24, 45 yds (can't believe with that many attempts my defense didn't give up a big play)
Frank Gore - 8 att, 32 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec, 14 yds
Greg Olsen - 2 rec, 21 yds
Brandon Hogan - 4 tackles, 1 sack
James Anderson - 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
Charles Johnson - 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack
Haruki Nakamura - 3 tackles, 1 INT
Josh Norman - 1 INT

[quote name='pitfallharry219']:lol: I should've been a dickhead and kept them at the beginning of the year.[/QUOTE]

Ya who knows how this would have gone had I gotten the Bears (my second choice), and you gotten the 49ers.

bread's done
Back