CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

49ers-Eagles was attempted last night, we got disconnected twice. I was up like 10-0 early 2nd quarter first game, and then 34-10 I think next game late 3rd quarter. We will try again Monday night.

Dolphins 24 - Giants 10

Good game, jza. Sorry I never answered that PM about the dive into the endzone, I didn't care at all. Figured you were going to dive anyway with me on your tail.

Running out the door, but whoever I play this week I will be around pretty much all day. Just getting some early errands done now. I'll check later who it is and PM them if they don't see this by then.

Me and the cowboys tried to play our game about 4 times but it was super laggy. It kept saying peer was kicked for exessive grieving or whatever. I assume that was due too the lag? Well were gonna try tonight again I think.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'd love for Urlacher to come back, although my new white MLB who wears #54 (Barrett Ruud) is playing pretty well.[/QUOTE]

I was super confused the first pick I threw to white 54 and it wasn't Urlacher.

[quote name='KasterDB']I was super confused the first pick I threw to white 54 and it wasn't Urlacher.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I thought it was funny that the game gave him that same number. He blindsided a WR in the first practice this season, and I thought "Whoa, didn't he retire?".

Bill's win in Arlington with a 4th down 4th quater pass it was make it or break it. It felt good too win like that after romero showed boated on 2 td plays I don't know what was up with that.

But anyways gg.

I did?

I might have. I know I pressed "b" by accident on the Witten TD but its because I get forget what the button is to protect the ball. I think I confused it with "rb". I don't know what other one you're talking about though.

Good game though. I'm pissed I couldn't stop you on offense. I hate TE's in this game. They're open all the time! Fasano! fuck!

[quote name='ballinhun8']I did?

I might have. I know I pressed "b" by accident on the Witten TD but its because I get forget what the button is to protect the ball. I think I confused it with "rb". I don't know what other one you're talking about though.

Good game though. I'm pissed I couldn't stop you on offense. I hate TE's in this game. They're open all the time! Fasano! fuck![/QUOTE]
When you dived into the endzone when you ran the kickoff back. Your guy didn't do the animation but why would you press X then.

I try to get in as quick as possible lol.

I don't want a madden type glitch happening where someone hits me from behind and causes a fumble or something stupid like that.

[quote name='ballinhun8']I try to get in as quick as possible lol.

I don't want a madden type glitch happening where someone hits me from behind and causes a fumble or something stupid like that.[/QUOTE]

But nobody was behind you my last player to try to tackle you was around my 45 yard line.

[quote name='ballinhun8']I did?

Good game though. I'm pissed I couldn't stop you on offense. I hate TE's in this game. They're open all the time! Fasano! fuck![/QUOTE]

[quote name='GpNinja']When you dived into the endzone when you ran the kickoff back. Your guy didn't do the animation but why would you press X then.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ballinhun8']I try to get in as quick as possible lol.

I don't want a madden type glitch happening where someone hits me from behind and causes a fumble or something stupid like that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GpNinja']But nobody was behind you my last player to try to tackle you was around my 45 yard line.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wanted to give you a chance to respond to GpNinja's last point, but I guess there's nothing to say. I'm not buying it. "I try to get in as quick as possible" is not acceptable. I talked with GpNinja and he told me there was no one around you on both plays. The first was allegedly a kickoff return where you just got past everyone and dove 3-4 yards before reaching the endzone.

The second was allegedly a long pass to Witten where he broke free, and as he ran down the sideline, he was holding the ball up in the air (obviously, this would be the B button instance). Even if we say "Ok, you mixed up B and RB", it still doesn't explain diving with nobody near you. This violates league policy and therefore gets a strike...which is your second, meaning you'll be serving a one game suspension and your next opponent will be allowed to play the CPU. This would be the reason you don't waste your warning strike on being a smartass.

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Does anyone kno the chargers owner personally?? Tryna get this game in[/QUOTE]

I don't know him. It says he was on an hour ago. Not sure why he wouldn't be responding. You could always try him on Xbox Live also, where he was last on 16 minutes ago. According to his XBL profile, he has a twitter too @ragingpdm.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I don't know him. It says he was on an hour ago. Not sure why he wouldn't be responding. You could always try him on Xbox Live also, where he was last on 16 minutes ago. According to his XBL profile, he has a twitter too @ragingpdm.[/QUOTE]

I've been on madden all day when I was on he was playing something else or just got off..hasn't respond to Pms Xbox live messages.

[quote name='Cool_iAM']I've been on madden all day when I was on he was playing something else or just got off..hasn't respond to Pms Xbox live messages.[/QUOTE]

I was just throwing things out. Sorry he hasn't responded. Hopefully he will soon.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Tom Brady is available if anyone is still interested. I have to move him before I ruin his career. :)[/QUOTE]

lol dont worry he's doing that in real life already

Bucs over the Vikings 34-31, in a battle down to the end:

Ray Rice started out strong with 2 TD runs (55, 4) in the first 2 minutes, the second coming shortly after a big INT by rookie CB Brad Henry. Minnesota answered fast with a 76 yard score to Jerome Simpson to make it 14-7. Both teams followed this with missed field goals (Barth missed a 40+ yarder, Walsh missed one from just over 50) and defensive turnovers (Freeman got picked on a bad pass, but the Bucs D answered immediately on the next play as Bart Scott forced an AP fumble recovered by Mason Foster) and the score stayed 14-7 till Barth hit a 26 yard FG with 2:22 left to make it 17-7.

Then, on the ensuing kickoff return Percy Harvin literally played pinball of the Bucs special teams taking it 100 yards in the craziest return I've seen this year in Madden. 17-14 at the half.

Bucs got a score in the 3rd as Freeman connected with Mike Williams who broke a tackle and took it 74 yards to make it 24-14. Minnesota drove down the field and scored on the first play of the 4th with a TD pass to Delanie Walker. Vikes forced a Bucs punt and got the ball back driving down into Bucs territory again, but the D held firm and kept Walsh to a 38 yard FG to tie it 24-24 with 2:05 left.

On the ensuing drive my trust in my rookie WR Maurice Goss paid off as (after dropping a first down inside the Vikes 10 earlier in the game) he caught this Freeman throw and broke it 65 yards for the go-ahead score. Minnesota was not to be out-done though quickly driving down field and Schaub found Harvin for a 10 yard TD with 42 seconds left. Bucs got the ball back and Freeman stayed calm leading a great drive down the field, the key play being a strike to Dallas Clark to get inside the Vikes 30 on a hurry-up call late after a first down to Decker. This set Barth up for a 40 yard FG and he didnt miss as time expired, giving the Bucs the 34-31 win.

Bucs:

Freeman: 12/21 341 yds 2 TD 1 INT
Rice: 20 att 111 yds 2 TD
Clark: 5 rec 86 yds
Williams: 3 rec 121 yds 1 TD
Scott: 3 tak 1 FF
Picket: 1 sack
Talib and Brad Henry got INT's.

Vikes:

Schaub: 15/29 316 yds 3 TDs 2 INT
Peterson: 8 att 45 yds
Harvin: 5 rec 111 yds 1 TD and a KR TD
Harrison Smith added an INT

gg Kaster! Real close to the end.

I'll say this though, holy fuck your school's internet is slow. Some of those plays literally felt like they were in freeze-frame. We gotta get you to transfer! :D

Titans - 24
Browns - 21

Good God, I was lucky as hell to get a win in this one. Even though you could possibly argue that it was a tale of two halfs, I felt like I was outplayed most of the game. To put it one way, the first Chris Johnson to score in this game was not CJ2K. The Browns defense was all over my ass. I don't know if my o-line just played like shit, or UMX had them playing like all stars, but they were constantly in the backfield, and I couldn't do anything with CJ. Whether it was Boley or Jackson or guys on the d-line, they were just blowing up my blockers. Because of this, I had to start throwing more than I'd like...which was probably easy to read, resulting in several INTs.

Meanwhile, my defense couldn't tackle Trent Richardson if their lives depended on it. There were times when I would get to him in the backfield, then 3 broken tackles later, he'd have a 9 yard gain. Didn't matter if I was blitzing, spreading the d-line, running flats coverage so the DBs would help. All of this added up to a 21-3 halftime lead for Cleveland.

Feeling completely defeated and almost ready to give up, I tried mounting an attack coming out of the half...but again, the drive ended in an INT. Then, a miracle happened and my defense suddenly remembered that they are professionals. Jason McCourty came up with a big INT and returned it 42 yards for the Titans' first TD of the game. I'm pretty sure that was followed by another Cleveland INT.

Seeing a small glimmer of hope, Tennessee marched down the field, and scored their lone offensive TD on a 5 yard play action pass to Jared Cook Jr with 16 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter. With the score now at 21-16, Tennessee went for the 2 point conversion to try to get within a field goal. CJ ran the ball wide to the outside, but the speedy Cleveland defense ran him down, pushing him out of bounds just before he reached the pylon.

As the 4th quarter started, Cleveland tried to run the ball to chew clock, but the Titans defense was finally able to stop it, forcing a big 3rd down. Brady tried passing for the 1st down, but was again intercepted, this time by safety Jordan Babineaux, who had been creeping up on the play. Babineaux returned the INT 39 yards to give the Titans a 22-21 lead. Tennessee again went for the 2 point conversion, this time making it, to go up by 3 with 4:38 left in the game.

Cleveland tried to rally, but a RB draw play came up short, giving them a 4th and 1 with a little under 4 minutes left in the game. Deep in their own end of the field, the Browns opted to punt. Chris Johnson was finally able to pick up some big yards, keeping the chains moving for the Titans, allowing them to run the clock out and escape with the narrow victory. Great game, Ultimate Matt X. Seriously, I felt like I had no business winning this one. My offense was non existent, and I only seemed to get plays when it was do or die necessary for me to get them.

Really, this game is a good example of why starting to chew clock in the 3rd quarter might be smart. I'd never tell anyone that they had to do it, but him throwing the ball here is what got me back into the game. Even if he had to punt the ball, with the way my offense had been playing, there's no way I would have put up those points as quick as the 2 pick 6's allowed me to. Just an example for the "Chewing the clock is stupid!" crowd.

Titans
Jake Locker - 8-19, 75 yds, 1 TD, 4 INTs
Chris Johnson - 17 att, 65 yds, 2 rec, 12 yds
Kendall Wright - 4 rec, 44 yds
Jared Cook Jr - 1 rec, 5 yds, 1 TD
Jason McCourty - 2 tackles, 3 INTs, 1 TD
Alterraun Verner - 1 tackle, 2 INTs
Cortland Finnegan - 3 tackles, 1 INT
Jordan Babineaux - 4 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD

Browns
Tom Brady - 4-17, 45 yds, 0 TDs, 7 INTs
Trent Richardson - 19 att, 95 yds, 1 TD
Greg Little - 2 att, 6 yds
Peyton Hillis - 2 att, 2 yds
Owen Marecic - 1 att, 1 yd, 1 TD
Josh Gordon - 3 rec, 36 yds
Chris Johnson - 1 tackle, 3 INTs, 1 TD
Rob Ninkovich - 3 tackles, 1 INT

[quote name='GamerDude316']looks like Nate finally got some turnovers![/QUOTE]

lol...yeah, but it seems I had to give them to get them, haha. Not really what I meant. :lol:

haha true. Sounds like a pretty ugly game.

Games left:

Chargers vs Chiefs (Chiefs trying to contact chargers owner)
Lions vs Falcons (waiting for Falcons to PM)
Packers vs Raiders (?)
49ers vs Eagles (connection issues Sat night...tonight was supposed to be the rematch)

lets knock em out boys!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerDude316']I'll say this though, holy fuck your school's internet is slow. Some of those plays literally felt like they were in freeze-frame. We gotta get you to transfer! :D[/QUOTE]
Hahahaha, well, I did feel a little guilty about my connection possibly causing your missed FG, but it seemed to work out okay ;)

[quote name='KasterDB']Hahahaha, well, I did feel a little guilty about my connection possibly causing your missed FG, but it seemed to work out okay ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure what happened there. My screen didnt really lag but I had the kick pretty well lined up (especially adjusting for the wind) but I guess it wasnt quite enough. I was a little worried after that since it was a missed FG against Nate that ulitmately led to my doom ;)

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm not really sure what happened there. My screen didnt really lag but I had the kick pretty well lined up (especially adjusting for the wind) but I guess it wasnt quite enough. I was a little worried after that since it was a missed FG against Nate that ulitmately led to my doom ;)[/QUOTE]
The way my defense had only forced a couple stops all game, I was very mad at myself for leaving you so much time at the end to drive down and get the field goal. I was watching Clark but not closely enough. AND THE DROPS I WAS SO FRUSTRATED IN THAT FIRST HALF.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Tom Brady is available if anyone is still interested. I have to move him before I ruin his career. :)[/QUOTE]
f8Xdf.gif

[quote name='KasterDB']The way my defense had only forced a couple stops all game, I was very mad at myself for leaving you so much time at the end to drive down and get the field goal. I was watching Clark but not closely enough. AND THE DROPS I WAS SO FRUSTRATED IN THAT FIRST HALF.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought about just going down with Goss when he broke that go-ahead TD late and just running the ball to get you to use your timeouts, I was worried that I scored too early and gave you too much time. I turned out to be right. Got lucky on the last throw to Clark for sure, as well as one earlier in the drive that I thought for sure you'd pick off.

Dang I could easily be 3-3 right now luckily I've been able too win the close ones and only lose one close one.

Yeah, I'm 5-1, but I could easily be 2-4. I've been very fortunate to win some close games. Honestly, to me, that speaks very highly with how far we've come as a league, and I feel like we have a really good balance right now. Most of the divisions have 3 teams that are very competitive. And nobody looks to be a runaway winner.

Sure, Detroit and San Francisco are still undefeated, but they've got some very tough competition in their own division. Already this season, I feel like we've seen a good number of close games. Not to say that Chetty and Hemingway were a detriment to the league (though Hemingway winning the Super Bowl in the other league makes me feel a bit vindicated), but I feel a lot better about the parity we have now.

[quote name='Mile High Von']Can I be added to to wait list?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FrankySox']Just checking in, I'm still VERY interested if there are possible openings. I'm ready to turn a terd into a champion![/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'll update the OP and officially get both of you guys (and that njrockpd guy) listed on the waiting list. I also think it's probably time to talk to steggy about his situation with the Packers. I don't want to force him to give them up. But if he still doesn't have time to play (though I swear people have said they've seen him on Madden a few times), and we have people wanting that spot, we can't just keep letting those be CPU games. I'll let you guys know something soon.

Games left:

Packers vs Raiders (?)
49ers vs Eagles (Blade playing the CPU I think)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I'm 5-1, but I could easily be 2-4. I've been very fortunate to win some close games. Honestly, to me, that speaks very highly with how far we've come as a league, and I feel like we have a really good balance right now. Most of the divisions have 3 teams that are very competitive. And nobody looks to be a runaway winner.

Sure, Detroit and San Francisco are still undefeated, but they've got some very tough competition in their own division. Already this season, I feel like we've seen a good number of close games. Not to say that Chetty and Hemingway were a detriment to the league (though Hemingway winning the Super Bowl in the other league makes me feel a bit vindicated), but I feel a lot better about the parity we have now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel like the league is very competitive. I wasn't really sure what to expect coming in since I've never done a Madden league, but I feel right in the middle of the skill level (evident by my 3-3 record). Only had one game that I really felt I had no way of winning against Washington, I just got absolutely pummeled. Luckily I turned it around after the 0-3 start so hoping to make the playoffs.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Games left:

Packers vs Raiders (?)
49ers vs Eagles (Blade playing the CPU I think)[/QUOTE]

We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sorry, I'll update the OP and officially get both of you guys (and that njrockpd guy) listed on the waiting list. I also think it's probably time to talk to steggy about his situation with the Packers. I don't want to force him to give them up. But if he still doesn't have time to play (though I swear people have said they've seen him on Madden a few times), and we have people wanting that spot, we can't just keep letting those be CPU games. I'll let you guys know something soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, here's my full info for the OP

My info - Frankysox - Gamertag: FrankySox
Availability - Mon after 11pm est Tuesday-Friday after 8pm est. Saturday/Sunday OPEN

I'd be more than happy to take the Packers...

[quote name='scrub0bk']We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight[/QUOTE]

Well you never messaged me yesterday at all, so don't act like it was all my fault or something. You were also the one you said you couldn't play till that night sometime. Furthermore, I gave you my phone number to make it easier to communicate, so please feel free to text me.

[quote name='FrankySox']Thanks, here's my full info for the OP

My info - Frankysox - Gamertag: FrankySox
Availability - Mon after 11pm est Tuesday-Friday after 8pm est. Saturday/Sunday OPEN

I'd be more than happy to take the Packers...[/QUOTE]

FYI: The Packers don't have Rogers, he was traded to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson and picks.

[quote name='scrub0bk']We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade3D']Well you never messaged me yesterday at all, so don't act like it was all my fault or something. You were also the one you said you couldn't play till that night sometime. Furthermore, I gave you my phone number to make it easier to communicate, so please feel free to text me.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Don't let this be a "You didn't message me." "Well, you didn't message me!" thing. That's incredibly stupid on both sides. Furthermore, communication by phone is not expected in this league. I know I'm not giving my phone number to anybody. Communication by CAG PM has and always will be the standard.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Bucs send:

WR Mike Williams

1 year contract/1 year remaining, $700K, no bonus
OVR: 79
SPD: 87
CTH: 83
CIT: 84
RTE: 77
RLS: 80
AWR: 75

Team Cap Space: $8.96 M

Steelers send:

WR Johnny Knox

1 year contract/1 year remaining, $1.68 M, no bonus

OVR: 75
SPD: 96
CTH: 88
CIT: 94
RTE: 83
RLS: 77
AWR: 84

Team Cap Space: $10.10 M

Trade reasoning: I get more speed at WR while Steelers owner gets a little more consistent overall at WR.[/QUOTE]

Trade Approved

While the difference isn't enough to raise a big issue over, the committee was confused why the Steelers would want to do this trade. Knox seems to be the better receiver in every way despite the lower overall. The only reason we could come up with for why his overall is lower was maybe his injury or carry rating...or just the difference in schemes. But whatever.

bread's done
Back