CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm back now and playing this afternoon. You may see the Browns cutting and adding some players, but I'm only going to be getting them from the pool of players I had before I left. Just want to make sure the CPU didn't make any stupid cuts.[/QUOTE]

You can add/drop whoever you like. Free agency is open now anyway. The only restriction is if you drop someone, you can't re-sign them for 2 in-game weeks (though since you were gone the last week of the preseason, we won't count cuts the CPU made against you).

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The tab all the way to the right, under "League Info" or something like that. It's under the Owner or User heading. Find your name in the list and it'll say push whatever to toggle auto.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's under the League Settings -> League Owners section. Just find yourself, press A, and you should have an option for auto-pilot. Though, I'm pretty sure people have been able to play their games on auto before. But yeah...probably not something you want to have on anyway, since it will leave the CPU free to make changes to your team.

If anyone has these players can they give them back?

Jordan Cameron
Trevin Wade
Isreal Jones

I think the CPU may have just got rid of them, but I thought I'd ask. I couldn't find Jordan Cameron (TE) or Isreal Jones (WR) on anyone's team. I didn't look real hard for Trevin Wade though.

n8rockerasu, I accidentally cut a guy and signed him right back, but it was because the player I thought I was going to add back (Jordan Cameron mentioned above) was no where to be found so I just stuck with the other guy I had.

Bengals beat the Browns 52-7

Andrew Luck was 10 for 13 with 181 yards 4TDs
Darren Sproles ran the ball 17 times for 74 yards and 2 TDs
A.J Green had 4 catches for 83 yards 2TDs
Javonta Fortt had a punt return for a TD
Bengals defense had 1 sack 6 INTs 4 of the 6 were by CB Jason Allen

Browns CB Davie Patterson had a kick return of 102 yards for a TD

GG Matt see you later in the season

Thanks DVO21, but I'm hoping somebody wants to take the Browns from me before later in the season. :)

Speaking of that, I'm still sticking with it if nobody wants them for now, but getting destroyed each week is going to make that difficult. Though the score was terrible I did feel the team played a little better than last season, I just have to commit less mistakes and get some sort of offense going. I think it is time for a new playbook on offense, maybe defense too.

Chargers starting off strong. Two big wins in a row to start the season.

Chargers win 27-3.

#1 Draft Pick King Collins with another big game. 21 rushes for 188 yards, 2 TDs, including a big 72 yarder.
Cutler was decent, 11 for 19 for 174 yds, 2 picks
Antwan Barnes with 2 more sacks, and Melvin Ingram with 1.
Antoine Cason with 3 picks! Offseason addition Mistral Raymond and Eric Weddle each adding 1 more pick.

Chiefs couldn't get anything going. Picked off 5 times, only had 6 min of possession time.

As far as salary goes can someone answer me this question.

Team A has $150 K of free salary cap
Team B has $4 mil of free salary cap

Team A trades $20M worth of salaries but the cut salary savings only adds up to 15 M
Team B trades $18M worth of salaries and the cut salary savings adds up to 16 M

Would the trade go through because Team A is trading more salary away and the cut salary price only matters when cutting a player.

Or does the trade not go through because the cut salary # takes the bonuses into account and even after trading away $20M worth of salaries he would only have $15 M worth of free space plus the $150k he had originally?

[quote name='njrockpd']As far as salary goes can someone answer me this question.

Team A has $150 K of free salary cap
Team B has $4 mil of free salary cap

Team A trades $20M worth of salaries but the cut salary savings only adds up to 15 M
Team B trades $18M worth of salaries and the cut salary savings adds up to 16 M

Would the trade go through because Team A is trading more salary away and the cut salary price only matters when cutting a player.

Or does the trade not go through because the cut salary # takes the bonuses into account and even after trading away $20M worth of salaries he would only have $15 M worth of free space plus the $150k he had originally?[/QUOTE]

Trading and cutting a player has the same effect financially. You still get stuck with the bonus money for whatever players you're trading. I can essentially guarantee you team A wouldn't be able to make that trade.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Trading and cutting a player has the same effect financially. You still get stuck with the bonus money for whatever players you're trading. I can essentially guarantee you team A wouldn't be able to make that trade.[/QUOTE]

How much would Team A need in Cap Space?

[quote name='sicsonic']How much would Team A need in Cap Space?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that I can say for certain without knowing the exact bonuses and players involved. Sorry, it's kind of stupid to do a hypothetical trade evaluation. Just looking at the base numbers, if we're assuming there's a $5 bonus penalty ($20M salaries - $15M cut savings), I'm getting a created space of $15.15M for Dallas...sorry, I mean Team A...with a $2.5M bonus penalty ($5M/2 years) and bringing in $16M in new salary (Team B's $16M cut savings).

Sooo...by my vague, wee hours of the night math, I'm getting $3.35M that Team A would need to clear for this trade to even be possible (so, a total of $3.5M in cap space, I guess is the answer to your question...assuming the details are right). I say again though, it's stupid to be talking in hypotheticals because you really don't even know if it would be passed by the committee anyway. If you guys have something, just submit it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Trading and cutting a player has the same effect financially. You still get stuck with the bonus money for whatever players you're trading. I can essentially guarantee you team A wouldn't be able to make that trade.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's exactly what I wasn't sure about.

Finally took a look at my schedule for this season...and HOLY fuck. In addition to my always competitive division games, I play the Ravens, Bills, Patriots, Bears, Lions, Broncos, Vikings, and Jets. Jesus, nothing like playing both Super Bowl teams in the same season when neither of them is in your division, haha.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Finally took a look at my schedule for this season...and HOLY fuck. I play the Broncos.[/QUOTE]

my_body_is_ready.png

Speaking of both Super Bowl teams, neither of them has played their game yet this week. I know there was some talk for Eagles/Lions, but have we heard anything about Jets/Dolphins?

Also, I think my cute "Look at me, Ma. I can pass!" experiment is over. I tried to get way too creative in my game against the Jaguars and ended up throwing 23 times and only rushing 14 times. This resulted in 4 INTs, and a 38-26 loss. I tend to do this against people who know me well though...that idea of "But he's going to know I'm going to try to run the ball!" and then I don't and fuck myself harder. Also, MJD ran all over me (though moreso after catching the ball), breaking tackles left and right, and tossing my defenders aside as though he was in Tecmo Super Bowl. Ah, well. It's Madden in April. :bouncy:

AP did the same thing to me in my game this week, and I was playing the CPU.

I'm working on developing a more balanced offense this season. I only threw one interception this game, so that's progress for me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I truly don't know why I continue to play it. Good game eagles.

Just waiting on Matt and the jets to advance.[/QUOTE]

Imagine how people who DIDN'T win the Super Bowl feel. ;)

[quote name='perdition(troy']I truly don't know why I continue to play it. Good game eagles.

Are you serious? You won 27-7.

Also, all games are completed. We can advance.

Dark rider it doesn't have to do with winning or losing I'm just tired of The broken game (no coverage options other than LB on TE or HB, dumb fuck animations that just get in the way). Eagles got boned on so many plays I was feeling bad for him and I think there were a total of 12 or 13 combined deflections. Neither teams QB could hit a barn and we both have accurate QB's. I honestly don't care win or lose the game has to remain fun and the outcome doesn't always affect how you feel at the end of the game. I don't play this game to win every time I play it because it is supposed to be enjoyable but it has started feeling like a chore.

And Nate that is true I don't know how all of us have made it this far without going postal

[quote name='perdition(troy']Dark rider it doesn't have to do with winning or losing I'm just tired of The broken game. Eagles got boned on so many plays I was feeling bad for him and I think there were a total of 12 or 13 combined deflections. Neither teams QB could hit a barn and we both have accurate QB's. I honestly don't care win or lose the game has to remain fun and the outcome doesn't always affect how you feel at the end of the game. I don't play this game to win every time I play it because it is supposed to be enjoyable but it has started feeling like a chore.

And Nate that is true I don't know how all of us have made it this far without going postal[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I though you were coming in here and complaining about how poorly you did, while still beating him solidly. That would have been a dick move. I can understand you point though. You won't hear any argument from me over whether Madden is broken or not; I have expressed that opinion plenty of times.

No way I would do that to the eagles coach he's a real nice guy and I've enjoyed all the games I've played with him (not that I'd ever do that to anyone else for that matter either). I just needed somewhere to vent and figured this would be a better place to do it then complain to my wife about it whose response would be "that's cool did get anything done around the house too while you played madden? No? Then I don't care" lol.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Dark rider it doesn't have to do with winning or losing I'm just tired of The broken game (no coverage options other than LB on TE or HB, dumb fuck animations that just get in the way). Eagles got boned on so many plays I was feeling bad for him and I think there were a total of 12 or 13 combined deflections. Neither teams QB could hit a barn and we both have accurate QB's. I honestly don't care win or lose the game has to remain fun and the outcome doesn't always affect how you feel at the end of the game. I don't play this game to win every time I play it because it is supposed to be enjoyable but it has started feeling like a chore.

And Nate that is true I don't know how all of us have made it this far without going postal[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dark Rider']Fair enough. I though you were coming in here and complaining about how poorly you did, while still beating him solidly. That would have been a dick move. I can understand you point though. You won't hear any argument from me over whether Madden is broken or not; I have expressed that opinion plenty of times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly what Dark Rider said. You might want to qualify a statement like that next time. Once people see you won the game, it just looks like you pounded the guy and then are like "this game sucks"...which just makes you seem like an ass, lol. Personally, I appreciate when people see the holes in a game even when they're winning.

It's the ones who can't recognize that they're benefitting from stupid exploits and bad programming that irritate me. The idea of "Dude, I'm just better than you...at a game that allows me to create uncoverable mismatches, abuse speed, and run plays that your defenders don't know how to deal with." makes me want to throw up. It's at least better when we're all on the same page of suffering through "the only thing we have" just for a love of the game.

No offence to Dark Rider, but that's why the effectiveness of a guy like Jeff Demps in this game is a complete joke. And it's also the reason I felt no remorse over cutting guys like Chetty and Hemingway loose from this league. I never got a feeling of "What I'm doing is completely retarded...but it works SO WELL!!!!" from either of them. It was just shameless curb stomp after shameless curb stomp. I don't even mean that as an insult. It's just a different way of looking at this game in comparison to what football actually is. It'll be interesting to see what Madden 25 brings now with a 75% chance of a RB being on the cover (can't believe all the young, hot QBs got beat out).

trust me, if i continue to play, you should continue to play. i cannot throw the ball for shit, i suck terribly this year wow.

gg

Bengals beat the Cowboys in a close one 21-14

Andrew Luck 8 for 16 with 100 yards

Darren Sproles 11 carries 50 yards 2 TDs

Bengals defense was the biggest part of this win as usual my defense safes my offense
5 Sacks 6 INTs Jason Allen who had 4 picks in week 2 came up with 3 more picks and 1 for a TD in week 3.

GG NJrock

[quote name='DVO21']Bengals beat the Cowboys in a close one 21-14

Andrew Luck 8 for 16 with 100 yards

Darren Sproles 11 carries 50 yards 2 TDs

Bengals defense was the biggest part of this win as usual my defense safes my offense
5 Sacks 6 INTs Jason Allen who had 4 picks in week 2 came up with 3 more picks and 1 for a TD in week 3.

GG NJrock[/QUOTE]

Very frustrating game they really need to get the P.I. figured out. I think the Bengals players hands need to be check for glue as well. Good game.

[quote name='njrockpd']Very frustrating game they really need to get the P.I. figured out. I think the Bengals players hands need to be check for glue as well. Good game.[/QUOTE]

you should check my CBs catch ratings some are better than the WRs i have on my team. that one pick when the score was 14-14 in the 4th by my LB Howard i thought was going to go to your TE for sure then he came out of no where i personally hate that shit myself it makes it difficult for everyone to throw the ball when u have the perfect lead pass and out of no where some LB or CB jolts out all of a sudden. theres times where my WR is a good 2 or 3 fett in front of the CB and i lead the pass just like u should and boom INT and i do it all the time and i know i shouldnt but u cant help but throw to a guy u see is open they really need to fix that big time.

[quote name='DVO21']you should check my CBs catch ratings some are better than the WRs i have on my team. that one pick when the score was 14-14 in the 4th by my LB Howard i thought was going to go to your TE for sure then he came out of no where i personally hate that shit myself it makes it difficult for everyone to throw the ball when u have the perfect lead pass and out of no where some LB or CB jolts out all of a sudden. theres times where my WR is a good 2 or 3 fett in front of the CB and i lead the pass just like u should and boom INT and i do it all the time and i know i shouldnt but u cant help but throw to a guy u see is open they really need to fix that big time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely no fault on your end. It was a really good defensive game on both sides yours just produced turnovers (+6!!). My frustration is completely directed towards EA.

[quote name='njrockpd']Yeah definitely no fault on your end. It was a really good defensive game on both sides yours just produced turnovers (+6!!). My frustration is completely directed towards EA.[/QUOTE]

one of us...one of us...one of us...

Giants overcome the eagles 37-14

The score doesnt justify how well the eagles played, if the giants could bruise then im sure tomorrow they would be covered bc his def played pretty physical. The second qtr got away from him i scored 28 points (compared to 9 the rest of the game). I got some key 3rd down conversions and some timely Ints to secure the W

Key stats to the game

5 different Giants players got ints
R Carruthers pick 6 in the 2nd qtr
Banks 104 KR for a TD in the 2nd qtr
Giants def only 1 sack this game
dalton 8/16 159 yards 2tds 2 ints

good game scrub0bk

and who ever his strong safety is, that guy played like the second coming of brian dawkins and his def line was dominate, i was lucky to of only been sacked 3 times

[quote name='jbake_11']Giants overcome the eagles 37-14

The score doesnt justify how well the eagles played, if the giants could bruise then im sure tomorrow they would be covered bc his def played pretty physical. The second qtr got away from him i scored 28 points (compared to 9 the rest of the game). I got some key 3rd down conversions and some timely Ints to secure the W

Key stats to the game

5 different Giants players got ints
R Carruthers pick 6 in the 2nd qtr
Banks 104 KR for a TD in the 2nd qtr
Giants def only 1 sack this game
dalton 8/16 159 yards 2tds 2 ints

good game scrub0bk[/QUOTE]

Reggie!

XBL has been acting wonky all day for me. I got through the start of the second quarter tied at 3-3 with the CPU Packers, and then I got disconnected from the EA servers. I'll try again later.

GpNinja is reliable. I haven't been able to sign into XBL at all today, and the Xbox service update page confirms that I am not the only one unable to sign in. Please give him the benefit of the doubt.

I was at work and it got super busy with all these little league teams coming in ( work fast food). Sorry about that I can't predict how my work plays out or else I would have told you. Also I can't log in for some reason either ( Like Matt Young said). Like I said in the message I can put myself on auto if you can't play tomorrow night or tonight.

Anyone able to contact the Panthers? Sent a pm 2(?) days ago but haven't heard anything. Next few days are looking slim and I don't really want to sim.

bread's done
Back