CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='perdition(troy']I do too BV but you we are stuck with what we got. I will tell you I'm tired of facing nickel man press, I don't remember the last D I played that wasn't running that. [/QUOTE]

Have you tried running a primarily zone-based D in this game? Good frickin' luck. :D

[quote name='Dark Rider']The "Jeff Demps effect"? Awesome! I got a problem named after me that isn't a sexual disease![/QUOTE]

Amazingly, we were spared this in the official league since he was cut by the CPU during the preseason of season 1 and Madden deleted him from the game. But he was deadly in the fantasy league as well as I recall.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't think it's "cheating" to seek out the right attributes and to advance those, but I do agree that I wish we had a game where doing that wasn't a) necessary or b) a significant competitive advantage. Perhaps I quoted the wrong portion of n8's post to reflect that.[/QUOTE]

The problem is then it becomes necessary for everyone to do it. If it wasn't recognized as a gained advantage, troy would have been relaying that information in this thread as he obtained it. I don't deny that he put in the time to seek out that info...but let's be honest, they're nothing more than tricks. "Hey, get a 60 OVR receiver with 99 SPD and boost his CIT and he'll be an absolute beast." Just hard to feel good about that. But yeah...it is what it is. But personally, I can't respect somebody who takes that approach to participation in a community video game football league. That's just my opinion.

[quote name='bvharris']Have you tried running a primarily zone-based D in this game? Good frickin' luck. :D[/QUOTE]

But BV, haven't you heard? Man defense is allegedly broken, and way too effective. ;)

The only people I've added to my team under 80 are James Jones and Micheal Jenkins so I hope that wasn't directed at me. Anyone else is just scrubs I picked up so I could have a magical 53 man roster or draft picks who don't play.

I've added James Jones, James Casey, Michael Jenkins, Cary Williams, Terrence McGee to my starting lineup. One rookie WR (81 OVR) one rookie second round HB (80 something). Looks like good player irl to me.

I understand your point but your lumping it in right after talking about me is a bit off

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
But BV, haven't you heard? Man defense is allegedly broken, and way too effective. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well in relative terms, that's actually true.. Man press is hardly perfect, but it certainly seems broken when every other potential defense is pretty much useless at stopping anything.

And I have posted what the different catch attributes mean...I've actually made multiple posts telling people to message me if they wanted to know anything or if they had any questions. Actually n8 you've just blown that off multiple times in this thread. And ya that's true superstar I don't press and usually get a bunch of short catches against me.

In my expierences (and obviously I am not one to say what is good at this game), If you don't press you will get eaten alive by the short throws.

[quote name='Superstar']In my expierences (and obviously I am not one to say what is good at this game), If you don't press you will get eaten alive by the short throws.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Playing off man coverage is basically sending a gilded invitation to get curled/slanted to death. Which is stupid, because NFL cornerbacks can play off man and still defend a curl, but Madden cornerbacks can't, even the elite ones.

[quote name='bvharris']Well in relative terms, that's actually true.. Man press is hardly perfect, but it certainly seems broken when every other potential defense is pretty much useless at stopping anything.[/QUOTE]

Lol...touche. broken by means of actually working. That is so deep. Honestly, the more we talk about it, we're just getting back to "problems with the game" again. Like I said, my biggest wish is just that EA would try harder. Most of this stuff was noticed within the first week the game was out. Surely, they can do better.

So does this mean doc was actually getting the better end of the deal since moores cit was about 11 points lower?

haha Pretty much everything you guys said doesnt work is what im trying to do. Sonofa. My D is Zone based and I don't throw to my HB/TE's but maybe twice a game. I completely thought route running was the best stat behind SPD and CIT too.

[quote name='slofton']haha Pretty much everything you guys said doesnt work is what im trying to do. Sonofa. My D is Zone based and I don't know to my HB/TE's but maybe twice a game. I completely thought route running was the best stat behind SPD and CIT too.[/QUOTE]

Route is imho the 4th right behind release

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']I rarely put my XP into CIT. D'oh![/QUOTE]

Weren't you in the Super Bowl? :lol:

Be careful with excessive pressing, everyone. I know if I see you pressing too much I am sending Thomas on a streak to the end zone.

[quote name='DVO21']So does this mean doc was actually getting the better end of the deal since moores cit was about 11 points lower?[/QUOTE]

If Moore's such a "shitty" receiver, then why are you trying to trade for him? Same thing with Stephen Hill. If you thought he was such a beast why weren't you tearing up the league with him, and kept trying to trade him numerous times? The trade committee isn't stupid and can see when you're trying to upsell/downsell a guy. Whether route running and other attributes actually make a difference or not...they're what EA gave us.

It's bad enough that OVR is a useless piece of shit. If you expect the trade committee to hash out which attributes will be useful to each team and which won't (outside of the obvious: speed), that's not how it's going to go. Players are judged for the skills they have. If EA botched certain attributes and they "don't matter", that's just the way it goes.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ya if you think about it does your WR usually get wide open or is he in traffic ;)[/QUOTE]

Honestly, if you actually think about it, CIT is a stupid attribute...or it should at least be superceded by CTH to begin with. You could theoretically have a guy with 60 CTH but 90 CIT. How does that make sense?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If Moore's such a "shitty" receiver, then why are you trying to trade for him? Same thing with Stephen Hill. If you thought he was such a beast why weren't you tearing up the league with him, and kept trying to trade him numerous times? The trade committee isn't stupid and can see when you're trying to upsell/downsell a guy. Whether route running and other attributes actually make a difference or not...they're what EA gave us.

It's bad enough that OVR is a useless piece of shit. If you expect the trade committee to hash out which attributes will be useful to each team and which won't (outside of the obvious: speed), that's not how it's going to go. Players are judged for the skills they have. If EA botched certain attributes and they "don't matter", that's just the way it goes.[/QUOTE]

Wow i asked a question to try and gain knowledge and act like a dick. And incase u didnt know stephen hill in the official in one season lead the league in yards tds and catches so must be somewhat good. And maybe he doesnt fit my scheme so i tried moving him. But now that my new scheme works with him i havent tried.moving him. Also my reasoning for wanting moore was in the trade incase u didnt read it all.
So much for this league being about question and learning how to get better becuz if i asked and simple question u act a like a prick. Im sure u will even try to turn this into a of trying to make me look like a dick. I didnt attak anyone yet u attack me for asking a question.

[quote name='DVO21']Wow i asked a question to try and gain knowledge and act like a dick. And incase u didnt know stephen hill in the official in one season lead the league in yards tds and catches so must be somewhat good. And maybe he doesnt fit my scheme so i tried moving him. But now that my new scheme works with him i havent tried.moving him. Also my reasoning for wanting moore was in the trade incase u didnt read it all.
So much for this league being about question and learning how to get better becuz if i asked and simple question u act a like a prick. Im sure u will even try to turn this into a of trying to make me look like a dick. I didnt attak anyone yet u attack me for asking a question.[/QUOTE]

You asked a question that was already answered with the committee's ruling. If you were wondering if that just randomly changed because of today's discussion, then, no, it hasn't. Sorry. I didn't think that was a serious question. The rest of my post still applies...as far as how we evaluate players.

[quote name='GpNinja']Can anybody tell me who the bills play this week? If you see this I can play tonight around 9pm central.[/QUOTE]

You play me. Can you do any earlier than 9 PM CST? I can't start that late today or tomorrow. My availability the next two nights is probably going to be 5:30 PM CST to 8 PM CST (latest starting time). If that doesn't work, we'll have to wait for the weekend when my availability opens up more.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ya if you think about it does your WR usually get wide open or is he in traffic ;)[/QUOTE]

Depends on what "traffic" is. I try not to throw to a player unless he's wide open or there is a large gap between him and the DB. The exception being a curl route. Otherwise I get picked or it's a drop.. now I know why! haha time to upgrade CIT

[quote name='Dark Rider']Weren't you in the Super Bowl? :lol:

Be careful with excessive pressing, everyone. I know if I see you pressing too much I am sending Thomas on a streak to the end zone.[/QUOTE]

Haha I made it thanks to Tebow's clutchness and my kicker's awesome range. Other than Santonio, my receivers were crap. And B. Marshall was hurt
I press almost everytime...and I do remember you hitting thomas often against me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I just view traffic as they do in the NFL, anyone with someone within 4-5 yards or anywhere in the middle of the field is in traffic.[/QUOTE]

damn. i must've already used up my XP on other shit cuz i don't have much to give to my WR's.. Makes sense what you're saying though. I just checked Brandon Marshall and his CIT is 96.

I preferred Madden franchise when you didn't have direct control over what attributes were improved. I liked it when I had a good season with a player and saw his attributes and OVR go up a few points in the offseason. We don't have that anymore and that is something we have to deal with. This is the game we have right now and at this stage in the games life, there is a lot of information out there to help you get better. When Madden 25 comes out, this should all start over and people will again start discussions about how to be better in the new game. There is a difference between having knowledge of strategies/attributes and cheating or being a cheap player. Why wouldn't you value CIT in a league where most catches are made with a defender draped over your receiver? Spectacular catch animations rarely happen. Why would I want to improve that attribute when I can improve things that are more important like CIT, Route Running, or Release. It isn't a cheap tactic for people to understand these things. If anyone should understand these things, it should be all of the people on the trade committee. They are expected to know the value of a player. How would they have a good understanding of what a player is worth if they don't understand what attributes effect?

If you really dislike EA and Madden so much, then why play it? Sell the game and play something else. Put your money where your mouth is and don't buy the game this year. I have a good friend who traded in Madden 13 not long after it was released. He has bought Madden every year for a long time and told me the other night that he will not buy Madden or NCAA this year. Time will tell if he actually sticks to that, but If you hate it, nobody is forcing you to play it or buy it. I had plenty of video games to play before I started buying Madden every year.

Complaining about the games flaws in April when everyone has discovered what they are is pointless. I would guess the guys at EA don't read our thread and wouldn't care about our complaints anyway. You can expect people to do what you want to a certain point, but expecting everyone to play and learn the exact same way just isn't going to happen. I think we can all agree that what we have here is a hell of a lot better than playing against randoms online. This is about as good as it is gonna get as far as honest gameplay goes, yet we are constantly complaining about it.

[quote name='Konfusion']I preferred Madden franchise when you didn't have direct control over what attributes were improved. I liked it when I had a good season with a player and saw his attributes and OVR go up a few points in the offseason. We don't have that anymore and that is something we have to deal with. This is the game we have right now and at this stage in the games life, there is a lot of information out there to help you get better. When Madden 25 comes out, this should all start over and people will again start discussions about how to be better in the new game. There is a difference between having knowledge of strategies/attributes and cheating or being a cheap player. Why wouldn't you value CIT in a league where most catches are made with a defender draped over your receiver? Spectacular catch animations rarely happen. Why would I want to improve that attribute when I can improve things that are more important like CIT, Route Running, or Release. It isn't a cheap tactic for people to understand these things. If anyone should understand these things, it should be all of the people on the trade committee. They are expected to know the value of a player. How would they have a good understanding of what a player is worth if they don't understand what attributes effect?

If you really dislike EA and Madden so much, then why play it? Sell the game and play something else. Put your money where your mouth is and don't buy the game this year. I have a good friend who traded in Madden 13 not long after it was released. He has bought Madden every year for a long time and told me the other night that he will not buy Madden or NCAA this year. Time will tell if he actually sticks to that, but If you hate it, nobody is forcing you to play it or buy it. I had plenty of video games to play before I started buying Madden every year.

Complaining about the games flaws in April when everyone has discovered what they are is pointless. I would guess the guys at EA don't read our thread and wouldn't care about our complaints anyway. You can expect people to do what you want to a certain point, but expecting everyone to play and learn the exact same way just isn't going to happen. I think we can all agree that what we have here is a hell of a lot better than playing against randoms online. This is about as good as it is gonna get as far as honest gameplay goes, yet we are constantly complaining about it.[/QUOTE]

You completely missed the point, but good for you. What was said was the trade committee considers all attribute ratings. We're not going to sit there and nitpick X stat is important, but Y stat isn't. If EA wants to put out a shitty product where half of the attributes don't actually do anything, that's their business. But it's not going to change how we evaluate trades.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You completely missed the point, but good for you. What was said was the trade committee considers all attribute ratings. We're not going to sit there and nitpick X stat is important, but Y stat isn't. If EA wants to put out a shitty product where half of the attributes don't actually do anything, that's their business. But it's not going to change how we evaluate trades.[/QUOTE]

thats seems a little odd bitching about a broken game but keeping the committee just as broken. thats like saying demps shouldn't get traded for high value becuz hes just super fast even though we know what hes actually able to do in this game becuz its broken. even though earlier in the game u said if the lions would trade Best they should get well compensated becuz hes a "madden beast". well then why isnt it recognized that certain attributes make WRs "madden beast"?

o before u try and use this i could careless about my trade anymore. and dont worry i dont plan on trading hill anymore either.

My $.02 on all this is really quite simple, although I'm sure it will ruffle a few feathers anyway:

Both leagues were created by the commissioners as a fun place to play Madden with CAG friends. If the commissioners (this goes for Nate, BV, and Fero) feel that you do not enjoy playing with certain league members (which has become clear from my time in both this league and my short time in the other one that there are several in both who the commissioners wish were not in the league), then simply dont welcome them back for Madden 25. Everybody wins. The league members not deemed welcome can find other leagues where the SPD, MCV, and CIT exploits are more widely accepted, the commissioners can enjoy playing with friends who better match their playstyles and realistic football elements and free themselves of the headaches induced by those ex-members, and other general members in the thread will get a break from all the complaining on both sides.

It certainly seems like Nate, BV, and Fero are tired of the track meet games and cheese that so many play (heck Uber left the official league in large part because of that) so why not rid the problem for next year? These are CAG leagues, not iron-clad contracts afterall lol. We can bellyache about EA all we want, but we can also take steps to create a better environment for next year assuming EA wont deliver a realistic football game. Just my thoughts anyway.

And as far as CIT, I agree that its an important attribute, but its absolutely ridiculous that is means more than CTH. If I dont think a guy can catch the open pass, why should I expect him to catch it better when defenders are all over him? That doesnt make sense in the NFL or in Madden.

EDIT: I should make this clear, I dont personally have an issue with anybody in this league. Everyone I've played has been respectful and the few minor issues that I experienced were handled in-game and are no issue now, something I cant say is the case with my experience in the official league. I dont want anybody thinking I have some sort of vendetta against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']You completely missed the point, but good for you. What was said was the trade committee considers all attribute ratings. We're not going to sit there and nitpick X stat is important, but Y stat isn't. If EA wants to put out a shitty product where half of the attributes don't actually do anything, that's their business. But it's not going to change how we evaluate trades.[/QUOTE]

Half of the attributes don't do anything? Please elaborate on that.

[quote name='DVO21']thats seems a little odd bitching about a broken game but keeping the committee just as broken. thats like saying demps shouldn't get traded for high value becuz hes just super fast even though we know what hes actually able to do in this game becuz its broken. even though earlier in the game u said if the lions would trade Best they should get well compensated becuz hes a "madden beast". well then why isnt it recognized that certain attributes make WRs "madden beast"?

o before u try and use this i could careless about my trade anymore. and dont worry i dont plan on trading hill anymore either.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, when I got Demps his carry was like 65-70. It took a while before I could even play him without fumbling. He sat behind Reggie last year for a reason.

Edit: For anyone wondering, it's at like 91-92 now.

[quote name='Dark Rider']To be fair, when I got Demps his carry was like 65-70. It took a while before I could even play him without fumbling. He sat behind Reggie last year for a reason.

Edit: For anyone wondering, it's at like 91-92 now.[/QUOTE]

it wasnt a shot at u at all im sure his carry was low but making him a PR/KR prolly was something u did to help bring up his carry until u got it high enough to bring him in that way if anyone did touch him he wouldnt fumble everytime then he slowly got built up. until his speed and carry lead into being a beast becuz he couldnt be touched with that blazing speed.

i

[quote name='DVO21']thats seems a little odd bitching about a broken game but keeping the committee just as broken. thats like saying demps shouldn't get traded for high value becuz hes just super fast even though we know what hes actually able to do in this game becuz its broken. even though earlier in the game u said if the lions would trade Best they should get well compensated becuz hes a "madden beast". well then why isnt it recognized that certain attributes make WRs "madden beast"?

o before u try and use this i could careless about my trade anymore. and dont worry i dont plan on trading hill anymore either.[/QUOTE]

I already said that speed was the most obvious attribute to pay attention to. But are you saying that CIT is on the same level as speed? troy just has a rough estimate of what CIT actually means "making a catch with a defender within 4-5 yards". But there's no proof that that's what it is....nor is there a tangible way to measure it. For that matter, is there any proof that a receiver's CIT will prevent a cornerback with high MCV or PRS from jumping the route? Because nobody has ever mentioned that to me (or anyone in the trade committee that I'm aware of).

Without knowing that, how do you accurately value CIT...or know for certain that it has a greater importance than RTE? Speed is speed...and you can easily see the effect it has on the game. So, yeah...I guess if I'm speaking for the committee, I doubt anyone sees CIT alone as making someone a "beast receiver", as opposed to speed alone making someone a "beast running back".

[quote name='Konfusion']Half of the attributes don't do anything? Please elaborate on that.[/QUOTE]

lol...are you serious, man? The entire discussion in here today has been about SPC not mattering, AWR not mattering, etc. Previously, it's been said that BCV doesn't do anything. Because of zone coverage being broken, you could argue that ZCV is worthless. And it goes on from there.

he was comparing CIT to spectacular catch. saying spectacular catch wasnt as important as CIT. becuz ur more than likely going to take hit while catching a ball compared to getting a diving catch. which i think most people would agree. even with fast WRs i still take alot of quick it while they are catching it and they drop it if its not high enough. not sure where route running came from unless ur talking about stephen hill still which isnt even the reason this topic was even brought up it was brought up becuz he claimed spectacular catch and CIT was pretty much even.

[quote name='Dark Rider']To be fair, when I got Demps his carry was like 65-70. It took a while before I could even play him without fumbling. He sat behind Reggie last year for a reason.

Edit: For anyone wondering, it's at like 91-92 now.[/QUOTE]

He can't fumble if he doesn't get touched ;) At least I haven't seen that in this year's Madden...though it would be hilarious...just be running down the field swinging your arm and suddenly throw the ball behind you. But yeah, I think the people who had success with him (Hemingway had him in Season 1...and had several big games with him before being called out on it and subsequently trading him) were able to call plays where he went untouched. He was easily equal to a Chris Johnson or somebody...but with a league minimum contract.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
lol...are you serious, man? The entire discussion in here today has been about SPC not mattering, AWR not mattering, etc. Previously, it's been said that BCV doesn't do anything. Because of zone coverage being broken, you could argue that ZCV is worthless. And it goes on from there.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you misread. SPC isn't meaningless, it's just not nearly as important as an attribute like CIT. AWR matters, just not for a user player. I've seen arguments on whether BCV doesn't do anything or not, but if that is the case, then why is it even in the game. If it didn't mean anything, EA wouldn't waste their time coming up with that rating for every NFL player. They would just get rid of it like Pass/Run Block Footwork and other ratings that used to exist, but don't now. ZCV does something, it's just not an effective defensive strategy. You wouldn't be very smart to choose mostly ZCV plays. I use ZCV on occasion and have picked people off, so it's not a useless attribute, it just doesn't work nearly as well as MCV does.

I believe BCV and stats like that go towards the OVR say if Adrian Peterson's AWR and BCV were like 20 he would be in the 70's OVR. But he would still have great speed juking ect.

I've had Roy Helu fumble without being touched. I dove before getting hit and he fumbled in mid air without being touched. Never took a hit. Happened in the first season. It's the reason I benched him for good.

[quote name='Konfusion']Clearly you misread. SPC isn't meaningless, it's just not nearly as important as an attribute like CIT. AWR matters, just not for a user player. I've seen arguments on whether BCV doesn't do anything or not, but if that is the case, then why is it even in the game. If it didn't mean anything, EA wouldn't waste their time coming up with that rating for every NFL player. They would just get rid of it like Pass/Run Block Footwork and other ratings that used to exist, but don't now. ZCV does something, it's just not an effective defensive strategy. You wouldn't be very smart to choose mostly ZCV plays. I use ZCV on occasion and have picked people off, so it's not a useless attribute, it just doesn't work nearly as well as MCV does.[/QUOTE]

All right, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. But you don't think EA ever does anything in their games that doesn't work as they intended it to...? I'm tapping out of this discussion for the day, guys. It's fairly apparent that many of us just have different views of this game. Thank God it's just a video game and not something more important.

Seriously...the debate is entertaining, but it's not important enough to keep arguing about. If anyone thinks trade evaluations are unfair, I'll just remind everyone that it's a 5 person committee voting on these things. It's not just the thoughts of one person. Soooo...go yell at somebody else in the committee, lol ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. But you don't think EA ever does anything in their games that doesn't work as they intended it to...? I'm tapping out of this discussion for the day, guys. It's fairly apparent that many of us just have different views of this game. Thank God it's just a video game and not something more important.

Seriously...the debate is entertaining, but it's not important enough to keep arguing about. If anyone thinks trade evaluations are unfair, I'll just remind everyone that it's a 5 person committee voting on these things. It's not just the thoughts of one person. Soooo...go yell at somebody else in the committee, lol ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't believe EA has ever come out and truly put an end to discussions like this. They only come out with vague explanations as to what attributes actually mean and the last time they did that was a few years ago. I'm not arguing that things work as intended, but I know there are people on Madden related forums who just sit in practice mode, tweak players attributes, and test out their theories on what they mean. I would think that what they have to say is more relevant than what I would come up with out of thin air.

[quote name='GamerDude316']My $.02 on all this is really quite simple, although I'm sure it will ruffle a few feathers anyway:

Both leagues were created by the commissioners as a fun place to play Madden with CAG friends. If the commissioners (this goes for Nate, BV, and Fero) feel that you do not enjoy playing with certain league members (which has become clear from my time in both this league and my short time in the other one that there are several in both who the commissioners wish were not in the league), then simply dont welcome them back for Madden 25. Everybody wins. The league members not deemed welcome can find other leagues where the SPD, MCV, and CIT exploits are more widely accepted, the commissioners can enjoy playing with friends who better match their playstyles and realistic football elements and free themselves of the headaches induced by those ex-members, and other general members in the thread will get a break from all the complaining on both sides.

It certainly seems like Nate, BV, and Fero are tired of the track meet games and cheese that so many play (heck Uber left the official league in large part because of that) so why not rid the problem for next year? These are CAG leagues, not iron-clad contracts afterall lol. We can bellyache about EA all we want, but we can also take steps to create a better environment for next year assuming EA wont deliver a realistic football game. Just my thoughts anyway.

And as far as CIT, I agree that its an important attribute, but its absolutely ridiculous that is means more than CTH. If I dont think a guy can catch the open pass, why should I expect him to catch it better when defenders are all over him? That doesnt make sense in the NFL or in Madden.

EDIT: I should make this clear, I dont personally have an issue with anybody in this league. Everyone I've played has been respectful and the few minor issues that I experienced were handled in-game and are no issue now, something I cant say is the case with my experience in the official league. I dont want anybody thinking I have some sort of vendetta against them.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a issue with anyone in this league but I left the official league after Fero rushed for almost 300 yards with a QB when running a formation with 4 or 5 eligible receivers. I read the rules closely and they clearly state, play like a real NFL team, don't run 4 wide and rush with the QB, so I figured when I went to the board to air my grievances that it would be heard. BV sided with Fero saying that it was a fair play and they threatened me with a strike for hitting pause three times near the end of the game so I could post my complains on CAG. I chose to leave the league because it seemed that there was a double standard for commissioners following their own rules. It was upsetting that I had to leave because I loved the idea of being in a competitive league. My point is that we need to find a balance where the commissioners are shown respect for the work they do, but it is also not a oppressive oligarchy where the committee members make all the decisions and blindly back each other. I am not a communist, but I feel that is the best way to run a league where everyone has a different opinion about what is "fair".

[quote name='njrockpd']I don't have a issue with anyone in this league but I left the official league after Fero rushed for almost 300 yards with a QB when running a formation with 4 or 5 eligible receivers. I read the rules closely and they clearly state, play like a real NFL team, don't run 4 wide and rush with the QB, so I figured when I went to the board to air my grievances that it would be heard. BV sided with Fero saying that it was a fair play and they threatened me with a strike for hitting pause three times near the end of the game so I could post my complains on CAG. I chose to leave the league because it seemed that there was a double standard for commissioners following their own rules. It was upsetting that I had to leave because I loved the idea of being in a competitive league. My point is that we need to find a balance where the commissioners are shown respect for the work they do, but it is also not a oppressive oligarchy where the committee members make all the decisions and blindly back each other. I am not a communist, but I feel that is the best way to run a league where everyone has a different opinion about what is "fair".[/QUOTE]

The thing that has to be acknowledged is the reason these "honor system" policies are put into place to begin with is because EA struggles to make a competent game. If you think about it, it shouldn't be "illegal" to run a 5 wide receiver set and run with the QB...but it shouldn't be as effective as it is either.

As commissioners, we're basically being forced to create tension among league members by dictating to them what they can and cannot do because of the game engine allowing itself to be exploited. I can promise you, we would all much rather just say "Anything is allowed. Play however you want." because that would mean that EA made a game that played like a real simulation football game. I don't think any of us are holding our breath on that happening any time soon though, haha.

U cant expect a game to be that perfect IMHO... any game can be miss used in ways of getting an advantage. Its just the way it is in the gaming world at this point.

[quote name='DVO21']U cant expect a game to be that perfect IMHO... any game can be miss used in ways of getting an advantage. Its just the way it is in the gaming world at this point.[/QUOTE]

Then we'll have to continue to nitpick rules to prevent people from doing stupid shit, lol. I was giving a hypothetical situation.

bread's done
Back