CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The trade was submitted again. I voted on it. Why wouldn't the New England owner hold off on playing his game?[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no clue. I asked him if he saw the boards, he said no, so I told him the situation. And the Xbox message I got back said, "ah well...guess it's the mallet era" or something to that effect. When I went into the game lobby, he was there and ready.

[quote name='AllenScribe']Sorry, I didn't realize the trade had been resubmitted. I should have talked with the Giants before playing.[/QUOTE]

Well wait, how could a trade be resubmitted if you never talked to him about it? That sounds sketchy to me.

Maybe he thought that was OK since the committee wasn't asking for anything else from the Pats? We had discussed the initial trade, so he knew I was fine trading Mallett for Warner. I wasn't asked to put anything else in, so I would have still been fine trading for Warner.

[quote name='AllenScribe']Maybe he thought that was OK since the committee wasn't asking for anything else from the Pats? We had discussed the initial trade, so he knew I was fine trading Mallett for Warner. I wasn't asked to put anything else in, so I would have still been fine trading for Warner.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense.

[quote name='AllenScribe']Maybe he thought that was OK since the committee wasn't asking for anything else from the Pats? We had discussed the initial trade, so he knew I was fine trading Mallett for Warner. I wasn't asked to put anything else in, so I would have still been fine trading for Warner.[/QUOTE]

Basically. Oh well. My bad for not getting a pm to you sooner. Wonder if a trade can still be put through if only 1 team has played a week 8 game? It's EA, so who knows.

I resubmitted the trade after responding to jza's comment because he was the one required to give up more and we were in a time crunch. I suppose an assumption was made that the Pats owner would be ok with receiving what he had initially agreed to PLUS a 5th round pick.

The folly here is the Pats owner taking the word of someone else instead of checking the thread himself to see what was going on. I don't know why Wpark would think the trade wasn't in the process of being reworked. It was not only talked in the post with the committee's ruling, but in subsequent posts as well. I'm not saying Wpark is to blame for this situation, but if you're going to relay information to somebody, give them the whole story. Otherwise, stay the hell out of it, and let them figure it out themselves. Getting involved just makes you accountable to some extent.

[quote name='jza1218']Basically. Oh well. My bad for not getting a pm to you sooner. Wonder if a trade can still be put through if only 1 team has played a week 8 game? It's EA, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

It definitely won't work in game. I thought I had read something about it maybe working if you do it on the website, but I can't swear to it. Though, honestly, I haven't even gotten enough responses on the revised trade to give you a ruling yet anyway. These deadline trades never seem to work out for one reason or another.

[quote name='jza1218']Basically. Oh well. My bad for not getting a pm to you sooner. Wonder if a trade can still be put through if only 1 team has played a week 8 game? It's EA, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it can be accepted from the website.

I will also say though, since the Pats owner has played his game since the trade was resubmitted...and he never officially signed off on the resubmit, if the outcome of the game makes him not interested in the trade anymore, I don't think it would be fair to make him go through with it. The idea behind rushing the resubmit was to get it done so both teams would still have time to schedule their games. That point is moot now.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I resubmitted the trade after responding to jza's comment because he was the one required to give up more and we were in a time crunch. I suppose an assumption was made that the Pats owner would be ok with receiving what he had initially agreed to PLUS a 5th round pick.

The folly here is the Pats owner taking the word of someone else instead of checking the thread himself to see what was going on. I don't know why Wpark would think the trade wasn't in the process of being reworked. It was not only talked in the post with the committee's ruling, but in subsequent posts as well. I'm not saying Wpark is to blame for this situation, but if you're going to relay information to somebody, give them the whole story. Otherwise, stay the hell out of it, and let them figure it out themselves. Getting involved just makes you accountable to some extent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im going to go ahead and say this isn't my fault one bit. I told him exactly what was going on and even said, "I want to let you know in case you wanted to try and get this deal done." It's not my fault there wasn't full communication between the two teams. It also wasn't my fault NE went ahead and played. So, I accept and feel 0.0% responsibility for this.

Yeah, I meant to PM him, but figured I had time since you said he hadn't gotten back to you yet. My fault totally, and I think it's obvious that the Pats are no longer interested in Warner. Correct me if I'm wrong, AllenScribe.

[quote name='Wpark83']Yeah, Im going to go ahead and say this isn't my fault one bit. I told him exactly what was going on and even said, "I want to let you know in case you wanted to try and get this deal done." It's not my fault there wasn't full communication between the two teams. It also wasn't my fault NE went ahead and played. So, I accept and feel 0.0% responsibility for this.[/QUOTE]

You told him that the trade was rejected, but a suggestion of reworking it by adding a 4th or 5th round pick was made? And he just responded with "ah well...guess it's the mallet era"? I'm not saying it was your fault. I'm saying, unless you told him exactly what was said and that the Giants were being told they needed to offer more, he was misled.

If you did tell him that, then I apologize. But my mind can't process how you could have relayed to him what was actually going on and he would have interpreted that as "the deal is dead". Of course, the other scenario here is that he just changed his mind about the trade. I'm just saying, something doesn't add up here. Man, what is it with the Patriots and QB trade controversies? lol. This is the 2nd one we've had.

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, I meant to PM him, but figured I had time since you said he hadn't gotten back to you yet. My fault totally, and I think it's obvious that the Pats are no longer interested in Warner. Correct me if I'm wrong, AllenScribe.[/QUOTE]

And I wasn't in a rush to get our game in, but when I got the message back basically saying, "oh well" I figured he either didn't care, or looked at the board quick after I told him the situation. Looking back now it does seem odd if he didn't have to throw anything else in that he'd object to the trade at all, but I'm not going to accept responsibility for something someone didn't do.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']You told him that the trade was rejected, but a suggestion of reworking it by adding a 4th or 5th round pick was made? And he just responded with "ah well...guess it's the mallet era"? I'm not saying it was your fault. I'm saying, unless you told him exactly what was said and that the Giants were being told they needed to offer more, he was misled.

If you did tell him that, then I apologize. But my mind can't process how you could have relayed to him what was actually going on and he would have interpreted that as "the deal is dead". Of course, the other scenario here is that he just changed his mind about the trade. But something about it doesn't add up.[/QUOTE]

I told him everything that was stated in your rejection explanation. Why he didn't come check the board and get in touch with Allen, I couldn't say. It's not like I had intentions to mislead someone. The QB he was suppose to trade for I just beat. If anything I wanted to face Warner again, I got three INT's off him I think.

[quote name='Wpark83']I told him everything that was stated in your rejection explanation. Why he didn't come check the board and get in touch with Allen, I couldn't say.[/QUOTE]

All right, fair enough. Weird. Sorry for you getting in the middle of it. Just seemed like a wrong place, wrong time thing. I can't tell you though how happy I am that we're almost done with trade proposals for awhile, haha. It's like the last day of school before summer vacation. :lol:

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, fair enough. Weird. Sorry for you getting in the middle of it. Just seemed like a wrong place, wrong time thing. I can't tell you though how happy I am that we're almost done with trade proposals for awhile, haha. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The moment I saw him go Ready I almost wanted to say, Take a minute to check with Jza...I guess if anything I should apologize to you Jza for not making sure that connection was made.

[quote name='Wpark83']The moment I saw him go Ready I almost wanted to say, Take a minute to check with Jza...I guess if anything I should apologize to you Jza for not making sure that connection was made.[/QUOTE]

Nah, if you told him the full conversation and that the trade could be reworked, it seems like he basically made a decision that he wasn't interested anymore...which would be odd considering he stood to get more out of the trade. But that may have made him think twice about trading for a 40 year old QB too. Either way, deal is dead now.

haha the Pats QB1 is cursed...

If anyone is looking to upgrade or add depth before the trade deadline, here you go:

Starters:
FB John Connor - great blocking back
TE Tony Gonzalez - awesome catching TE
WR Santonio Holmes - 88 OVR

Depth:
WR Muhammed Sanu
WR Antonio Bryant
LE Quinton Coples
RE Marcus Dixon
LB Rocky McIntosh
CB Jalston Nixon (rookie) - 89 Man Coverage
CB Trufant

I'm in desperate need of a starting LB, preferably MLB, but will also consider OLB
I would be willing to send multiple players for a 1st round pick as well
Other needs: FS / SS / CB / a speedy RB

Hey N8, I know it's too late to do this now because the deadline is quickly approaching, but is there a way to put a wiki on the front page so we can all list our trade blocks? Maybe for the end of the season trades when that comes around. All necessary info would be up there so it would just be a matter of copy/paste

For instance:
Jets Trade Block
WR Santonio Holmes, Age 29, 3/5 years remain. Total 45Mil / Bonus 20Mil
2013 8.67M, 2014 10.07M, 2015 11.91M => Cap penalty of 12M for Jets - Saves 4.67M for current season
2013 4.67M, 2014 6.07M, 2015 7.91M => Contract for the acquiring team
OVR 88
CTH 87
CIT 77
SPC 95
RTE 87
RLS 87
JMP 88
SpD 95
AGI 95
ACC 96
AWR 87
ELU 94
JKM 95
SPM 92

Looking for: 1st round pick, HB with 90+speed and acc, MLB with 90+ Hit power

Just a suggestion. I think that would be really cool... If ya'll would like a better layout, I could do that for you too.. let me know what you guys think

Last edited by a moderator:
That was totally my fault, I should have checked back to see what was going on. I was really just thinking about playing the game, and I know those are easier to get in on Sunday than Monday.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']haha the Pats QB1 is cursed...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, having just scouted all three QB's back to back (Warner, Mallet, Weeden) , I think the Patriots just found the best of the three in Weeden. In 6 quarters against me, Warner and Mallet combined for something like 1 TD and 9 INTS. Weeden picked me apart for 2 quarters, and the only reason he had an INT was because it was a desperation heave.

From the Giants standpoint, I think Warner was the better of the two RE: Mallet. This is just my observation from our games though, for whatever it's worth.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']Hey N8, I know it's too late to do this now because the deadline is quickly approaching, but is there a way to put a wiki on the front page so we can all list our trade blocks? Maybe for the end of the season trades when that comes around. All necessary info would be up there so it would just be a matter of copy/paste

For instance:
Jets Trade Block
WR Santonio Holmes, Age 29, 3/5 years remain. Total 45Mil / Bonus 20Mil
2013 8.67M, 2014 10.07M, 2015 11.91M => Cap penalty of 12M for Jets - Saves 4.67M for current season
2013 4.67M, 2014 6.07M, 2015 7.91M => Contract for the acquiring team
OVR 88
CTH 87
CIT 77
SPC 95
RTE 87
RLS 87
JMP 88
SpD 95
AGI 95
ACC 96
AWR 87
ELU 94
JKM 95
SPM 92

Looking for: 1st round pick, HB with 90+speed and acc, MLB with 90+ Hit power

Just a suggestion. I think that would be really cool... If ya'll would like a better layout, I could do that for you too.. let me know what you guys think[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think opening up the OP as a wiki is a good idea. Too much work was put into it to risk anybody screwing it up (either accidentally or on purpose). Last year, I did list team's trade blocks in the OP though. I don't really have time to do that this year, but I would definitely be willing to do what BV does in the other league and link to a specific post that has a team's trade block.

That way, when you want to update it, you can just edit that post. That's probably the easiest way to do it without opening up the OP for complete chaos. So, if you want me to list the trade block you posted, or if you want to redo it using the format you proposed, just let me know and I'll add it when you're done. Like you said though, it might be kind of pointless to do for this season since we're basically at the deadline.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Well, I don't think opening up the OP as a wiki is a good idea. Too much work was put into it to risk anybody screwing it up (either accidentally or on purpose). Last year, I did list team's trade blocks in the OP though. I don't really have time to do that this year, but I would definitely be willing to do what BV does in the other league and link to a specific post that has a team's trade block.

That way, when you want to update it, you can just edit that post. That's probably the easiest way to do it without opening up the OP for complete chaos. So, if you want me to list the trade block you posted, or if you want to redo it using the format you proposed, just let me know and I'll add it when you're done. Like you said though, it might be kind of pointless to do for this season since we're basically at the deadline.[/QUOTE]

Not that I disagree with you, I just thought I would let you know how the Wiki works. (I run the Penny Guide thread). You are able to view each edit, along with exactly what they did. It also saves a copy of every edit, so if anything were to happen, you could easily just revert it. Now, I don't really think there is a need for a Wiki, but I thought you should know how it works.

[quote name='Wpark83']Honestly, having just scouted all three QB's back to back (Warner, Mallet, Weeden) , I think the Patriots just found the best of the three in Weeden. In 6 quarters against me, Warner and Mallet combined for something like 1 TD and 9 INTS. Weeden picked me apart for 2 quarters, and the only reason he had an INT was because it was a desperation heave.

From the Giants standpoint, I think Warner was the better of the two RE: Mallet. This is just my observation from our games though, for whatever it's worth.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree on Weeden. Mallett's nos. look better on paper, but Weeden got the results. With my defense and running game, we need at least a "game manager." I'm another league where Brady's retired and the computer signed the un-retired Matt Hasselbeck. It doesn't seem to have faith in Mallett either.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Not that I disagree with you, I just thought I would let you know how the Wiki works. (I run the Penny Guide thread). You are able to view each edit, along with exactly what they did. It also saves a copy of every edit, so if anything were to happen, you could easily just revert it. Now, I don't really think there is a need for a Wiki, but I thought you should know how it works.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. But yeah, I still don't think it's a good idea for this purpose.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Not that I disagree with you, I just thought I would let you know how the Wiki works. (I run the Penny Guide thread). You are able to view each edit, along with exactly what they did. It also saves a copy of every edit, so if anything were to happen, you could easily just revert it. Now, I don't really think there is a need for a Wiki, but I thought you should know how it works.[/QUOTE]
Well if we could just put one of those spolier or hidden tags and put a post like this were we can edit trades or something I could see if being useful. We could call it the " Trade Board" or something. I say we do it doesn't seem like nothing bad would come from it except having dvo trade more people. Lol

Just a heads up that after week 8 (possibly week 9), the Giants will be setting up for CPU play for a few weeks. My wife and I are expecting our second child next week, so I doubt I'll be able to play Madden much in February.

[quote name='jza1218']Just a heads up that after week 8 (possibly week 9), the Giants will be setting up for CPU play for a few weeks. My wife and I are expecting our second child next week, so I doubt I'll be able to play Madden much in February.[/QUOTE]

Congrats!! Boy or girl?

Last week to get in offers for Harvin! (I'm on a bye this week) I'm looking for a good corner and/or draft picks. Also a ROLB and Saftey would be nice, but is less crucial.

n8, sorry I never saw your original message to scrimmage. I walked out of the room for a minute and when I came back checked the board. Then I jumped in a lobby and got a request to play immediately.

[quote name='KasterDB']Last week to get in offers for Harvin! (I'm on a bye this week) I'm looking for a good corner and/or draft picks. Also a ROLB and Saftey would be nice, but is less crucial.[/QUOTE]

What are his ratings?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What are his ratings?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I can't check right now, as I'm not on the xbox. But they're very good, trust me :D

[quote name='Wpark83']n8, sorry I never saw your original message to scrimmage. I walked out of the room for a minute and when I came back checked the board. Then I jumped in a lobby and got a request to play immediately.[/QUOTE]

It's cool. I'm just really over ranked matches where 9 out of 10 teams pick the 49ers. And basically nobody will play with a team under 88. It feels like everybody just wants a juiced up game with circus catches and hit stick fumbles on every play. I even show them that I'm picking the Titans...who are rated 76, and then they race for one of the best teams in the game. People are gutless. I think I'm starting to feel my first wave of Madden burnout though. I gave up on MUT a long time ago (even with my free season ticket packs...which I won't be buying again next year), and really just play the game for my league game now. Hoping I'll snap out of it after a little while.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']Any word on the Jets-Broncos trade? only have Tuesday left if it needs adjusting since games are due Wednesday[/QUOTE]
It's in the voting stage right now.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Broncos Send:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Age 26,

5 years left in contract for 7.51m.
2013 3.11m
2014 740K
2015 940K
2016 1.19m
2017 1.53m

Total Bonuses over 5 Years = 2.4 Million

Moreno's contract was set to expire at the end of the season. He was signed to a four year deal for significantly less. His new contract will take over in the 2014 season. If it helps you can think of it as a 1yr contract for 3.11, then a 4yr for 4.40 total.

Overall - 80
Speed - 86
Acceleration - 92
Elusiveness - 75
Carrying - 83
Catching - 78

Broncos Cap Space = 29.21M

For

Jets Send

2014 2nd and 4th Round picks

Jets Cap Space = 4.45M

Broncos have Bush so no need for Moreno. Jets need a receiving back to pair up with Shonn Greene.[/QUOTE]

Trade Approved

Excellent! Moreno finally gets out of Denver, but I don't know who will clean the bathrooms now...

The Broncos are looking good in the upcoming draft. Jets, let me know when you're around and we can put this through!

[quote name='Dark Rider']Excellent! Moreno finally gets out of Denver, but I don't know who will clean the bathrooms now...

The Broncos are looking good in the upcoming draft. Jets, let me know when you're around and we can put this through![/QUOTE]

The last trade I did we werent on at the same time and it worked as long as you dont play your game. But I'll be home around 7:15 pm central tonight..I can log on then and do it

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']The last trade I did we werent on at the same time and it worked as long as you dont play your game. But I'll be home around 7:15 pm central tonight..I can log on then and do it[/QUOTE]

When you get home go ahead and send it. I will accept it from the website this evening. Just PM me when you send it through.

Attention individuals inquiring about Harvin. I made an egregious oversight in that any trade involving Harvin will put me right up against the cap, so unfortunately I'm pulling him off the market, at least until the offseason.

[quote name='KasterDB']Attention individuals inquiring about Harvin. I made an egregious oversight in that any trade involving Harvin will put me right up against the cap, so unfortunately I'm pulling him off the market, at least until the offseason.[/QUOTE]

Damn! :(

Lexxon is having Xbox issues but I think we'll get our game in tomorrow. I told him I may be able to play tonight if that doesn't work, but otherwise I'm hoping we play early in the evening tomorrow.

bread's done
Back