CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='perdition(troy']Lol I love this thread. You gonna be on tonight around the normal time you are park? We can probably scrimmage tonight if you are...[/QUOTE]

Haha, wow I'm an idiot.

Troy, I've actually set up Dolphins/Bills tonight. I'm sure I'll be on tomorrow night if you wanna scrimmage then.

I was just playing Madden when my 360 suddenly turned off and started flashing two red lights. Ugh. It turned back on just fine, but I shut it off to let it cool down. I'm hoping it was a one time thing, but we'll see.

I was just playing Madden when my 360 suddenly turned off and started flashing two red lights. Ugh. It turned back on just fine, but I shut it off to let it cool down. I'm hoping it was a one time thing, but we'll see.
My fan in my power brick has been sounding like a helicopter taking off at times, I'm not looking forward to it finally dying.

[quote name='ubernes']Have we advanced to Week 9? When is the deadline for Week 9?[/QUOTE]

Nothing like missing the 3rd post on the page. Get out of here newb! lol, j/k. I'll update the thread title in a minute.

[quote name='perdition(troy']My fan in my power brick has been sounding like a helicopter taking off at times, I'm not looking forward to it finally dying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah next payday I'm getting a new one, just to be safe.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Nothing like missing the 3rd post on the page. Get out of here newb! lol, j/k. I'll update the thread title in a minute.[/QUOTE]

Oops! I knew I saw it when I was in here earlier, but couldn't find it as I was multitasking. DVO and I were having some issues for tonight so trying to nail down another day before the deadline. I think we got it though!

Wow had one of the crappiest practices ever, luckily I came back with 1:30 left. I think I had 3 fumbles and like 4 interceptions. I couldn't carry or throw the ball. Defense came up big and held computer to 2 FGs, and I came back and scored 3TDs in the final 1:30. I was worried I was going to have to quit and try it again. I hit up the Giants owner, hopefully I can get my game in tonight or tomorrow.

so the Jags owner and I played earlier, and it was a good game, but holy fuck the lag was absolutely terrible. I dont know if it was the EA servers or what but it kept acting up and slowed several plays to a freezeframe. Missed a FG and gave up a long MJD TD run because of it. Ugh. Good game for sure man and you earned the win, just a bad experience with the servers in this one.

[quote name='GamerDude316']so the Jags owner and I played earlier, and it was a good game, but holy fuck the lag was absolutely terrible. I dont know if it was the EA servers or what but it kept acting up and slowed several plays to a freezeframe. Missed a FG and gave up a long MJD TD run because of it. Ugh. Good game for sure man and you earned the win, just a bad experience with the servers in this one.[/QUOTE]

Seems like this has been happening a lot lately. If you look at posts in the other league, they've had people disconnecting left and right. Not sure how much the EA servers can be counted on right now.

lions saints going down saturday night hopefully, he currently doesn't have working internet.

edit: he's hoping they come saturday morning to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolphins/Bills gonna have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday. I know GP was out and getting back around 1130 EST, unfortunately I couldn't wait too much later.

[quote name='perdition(troy']dang jets released antonio bryant for some reason and the texans picked him up.[/QUOTE]

I was too slow

[quote name='perdition(troy']dang jets released antonio bryant for some reason and the texans picked him up.[/QUOTE]

He was sitting in free agency for a while at the beginning of the season... I had to cut a player to sign a CB. I never use him in my offense... didnt know anybody wanted him or else I would've traded for a low draft pick. Oh well

Jets pulled out a 17-14 win over the Patriots in a nail-biter that could have gone either way. Jets were down 14-7 with a 4th and goal on the 1 in the last seconds of the 1st half...went for it with a Tebow QB draw to tie it up. No more points were scored until the game-winning FG as time-expired. GG AllenScribe..that 2nd half was an intense battle of field position

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']Jets pulled out a 17-14 win over the Patriots in a nail-biter that could have gone either way. Jets were down 14-7 with a 4th and goal on the 1 in the last seconds of the 1st half...went for it with a Tebow QB draw to tie it up. No more points were scored until the game-winning FG as time-expired. GG AllenScribe..that 2nd half was an intense battle of field position[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew that Tebow TD was going to bite me in the ass. I hate giving up scores late in the half. I knew when there was a minute left, I had left you too much time.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']He was sitting in free agency for a while at the beginning of the season... I had to cut a player to sign a CB. I never use him in my offense... didnt know anybody wanted him or else I would've traded for a low draft pick. Oh well[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have given anything up honestly as I wasn't looking for a WR but he was there and was a great price so I snagged him up and made him my number 3. :)

Sorry man!

[quote name='jza1218']I said I would set it for auto today, jeez.[/QUOTE]

Settle down, you said last night or today. I was hoping to get it out the way earlier today. I wasn't trying to put pressure on you to do it, but you obviously hadn't so I was simply asking n8 if he could.

[quote name='Blade3D']Settle down, you said last night or today. I was hoping to get it out the way earlier today. I wasn't trying to put pressure on you to do it, but you obviously hadn't so I was simply asking n8 if he could.[/QUOTE]

Just for future reference for everyone's benefit, when things like this come up, if the team doesn't put themselves on auto pilot, you better have some patience. Since putting people on auto pilot can't be done from the website, and since I really only play Madden anymore for my league games, popping the game in to put someone on auto is even more of a pain in the ass than it was before. I'm not saying I won't eventually get to it, but the "hey, n8, can you do this real quick?" days are mostly over.

[quote name='jza1218']And it was done today, like I said I would.[/QUOTE]

Like you said last night or today. I really don't understand what your problem is. It was a simple request not even directed at you, if it was i would have PM'd you. Thanks for for switching to auto though.

[quote name='Blade3D']Like you said last night or today. I really don't understand what your problem is. It was a simple request not even directed at you, if it was i would have PM'd you. Thanks for for switching to auto though.[/QUOTE]

It was a simple request directed about my team, so it involves me. Completely unnecessary. I did it when I said would.

[quote name='jza1218']It was a simple request directed about my team, so it involves me. Completely unnecessary. I did it when I said would.[/QUOTE]

Aight, do what you gotta do bro.

I would like to try out some different strategies and playing against the computer just isn't the same as playing a real person. Playing against randoms online doesn't work either because it's impossible to find a gentleman type game. Trying out new things in a league game isn't ideal because I could get burned and lose a game because of it. So if anyone wants to play games with me, I would be interested in that. I would prefer to use a mic and discuss strategies. Send me a PM if you're interested in this. Hopefully we can help each other out.

I can't believe Mario Williams OVR 97 hasn't had a sack all season maybe I needa change my defense scheme up. I really havn't gotten a sacks this season.

Tried to wait it out to see if we would get some new guy to come in and take the chargers that isnt in the other league. I can only play tomorrow morning/early afternoon at the latest and cant do sunday so I guess I'll just play the CPU the latest I can tomorrow

Dolphins 21 - Bills 24

Pissed about this game for SEVERAL reasons. One, up 21-7 on a few occasions, I couldn't decide whether going for a pass on 3rd down to get a 1st was "gentlemenly", so I'd rush it and get stopped. It honestly threw off my whole gameplan.

2, Apparently my defense can't key into the fact that one player would get the ball on every throw.

3, does Madden not use this year's OT rules? Because Buffalo got the ball first, kicked a field goal, and the game was fucking over. So that's fun.

Man that was crazy you should have won you inted it 3 times and completely shut my offense. It kinda sucked for me too cause the reason you scored the first two times is when I tried to switch to an defense lineman and try to get a sack it would switch to the CB and it took him off cause you threw it right as I pressed B.

Both my division games have gone to OT dang this division is pretty tight.

[quote name='GpNinja']Man that was crazy you should have won you inted it 3 times and completely shut my offense. It kinda sucked for me too cause the reason you scored the first two times is when I tried to switch to an defense lineman and try to get a sack it would switch to the CB and it took him off cause you threw it right as I pressed B.[/QUOTE]

I shut down your offense minus Fred Jackson, who despite the same route being run over and over again, my guy couldn't seem to knock down the ball.

Honestly, I'm pretty fucking pissed about this. This was a pretty important game for playoff implications and I feel like the OT glitch screwed me, even if I should have taken care of business in regulation.

[quote name='Wpark83']I shut down your offense minus Fred Jackson, who despite the same route being run over and over again, my guy couldn't seem to knock down the ball.

Honestly, I'm pretty fucking pissed about this. This was a pretty important game for playoff implications and I feel like the OT glitch screwed me, even if I should have taken care of business in regulation.[/QUOTE]

The only reason it worked is cause it was man coverage I believe and that linebacker probably has a bad man coverage rating.

Up two scores I'm passing it unless I can just run the clock out in one drive. Unless the game is completely put away and in the last few minutes you pass up only two scores.

Also I did not that about madden OT that's is complete bs.

In news that doesn't make much sense, this year's Madden will be titled Madden NFL 25. I get that it's the 25th anniversary or whatever, but it's still an odd way to go. The release date is August 27.

Yeah, it's been discussed numerous times, but a 2 score lead is not a "big lead"...especially in the 3rd quarter. I do have to point out though, every time this discussion comes up (whether it's for why someone didn't chew the clock or for why they did), I feel like the idea of "what happens when the other team gets closer" just gets completely overlooked. It's not like a 14 point touchdown was scored here. I'm sure after he scored to bring the lead to 7, you started passing the ball again, no?

So, at most, the "gentlemanly rule" would only affect one score. I know that still makes a difference. Just trying to add some perspective here. But yeah, if need be, I can pull up the old posts when DVO was specifically asking about a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter, and if it was still ok to throw. The answer was yes because a two score lead is just a TD and an onside kick away from being lost. The "benchmark" (not that I think this applies in all cases) was a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter was really when you need to start milking the clock.

But of course, if your opponent scores and cuts the lead to 14...you're back out of the "big lead" range again. I hate putting such specific numbers on things, because I really feel like it's just about awareness of what's happening in the game. If you're destroying your opponent, ease off the gas. If the game is close, keep playing your game. It's crazy to me when people seriously claim that they can't see the difference either way.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, it's been discussed numerous times, but a 2 score lead is not a "big lead"...especially in the 3rd quarter. I do have to point out though, every time this discussion comes up (whether it's for why someone didn't chew the clock or for why they did), I feel like the idea of "what happens when the other team gets closer" just gets completely overlooked. It's not like a 14 point touchdown was scored here. I'm sure after he scored to bring the lead to 7, you started passing the ball again, no?

So, at most, the "gentlemanly rule" would only affect one score. I know that still makes a difference. Just trying to add some perspective here. But yeah, if need be, I can pull up the old posts when DVO was specifically asking about a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter, and if it was still ok to throw. The answer was yes because a two score lead is just a TD and an onside kick away from being lost. The "benchmark" (not that I think this applies in all cases) was a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter was really when you need to start milking the clock.

But of course, if your opponent scores and cuts the lead to 14...you're back out of the "big lead" range again. I hate putting such specific numbers on things, because I really feel like it's just about awareness of what's happening in the game. If you're destroying your opponent, ease off the gas. If the game is close, keep playing your game. It's crazy to me when people seriously claim that they can't see the difference either way.[/QUOTE]

Any explanation to the OT fiasco?

Panthers - 20
Texans - 7

Panthers come out on top and move to 3-5 on the season. This game didn't feature much offense but the Panthers defense forced 9 turnovers including a fumble on the opening kickoff. Texans rookie QB, Eddie Murphy, was 14 for 30 with 1 TD and 8 picks while CJ Spiller ran for 89 yards on 12 attempts.

Carolina's offense was embarrassing but it's defense paved the way, having 6 different guys pulling in INTs. Even though the box score doesn't show any sacks I think I was able to confuse the Offense and force a lot of bad throws with different types of pressure.

And since I didn't forget to hit record, here are the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VmeI4Yqcc

Man, starting the game with a kickoff fumble is the worst. Its awesome if you are the kickoff team, however.

I beat the Chargers 23-7. Lost McFadden for a few games with a dislocated hip I believe :(

[quote name='staticz']Panthers - 20
Texans - 7

Panthers come out on top and move to 3-5 on the season. This game didn't feature much offense but the Panthers defense forced 9 turnovers including a fumble on the opening kickoff. Texans rookie QB, Eddie Murphy, was 14 for 30 with 1 TD and 8 picks while CJ Spiller ran for 89 yards on 12 attempts.

Carolina's offense was embarrassing but it's defense paved the way, having 6 different guys pulling in INTs. Even though the box score doesn't show any sacks I think I was able to confuse the Offense and force a lot of bad throws with different types of pressure.

And since I didn't forget to hit record, here are the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VmeI4Yqcc[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, that INT at the 3:40 mark is insane.

bread's done
Back