CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, it's worse than that now. You'd lose all of your coach XP. Secondary teams are nowhere near worth the trouble.[/QUOTE]
oh right, i guess the only way would be if we had picked the standard coaches, then it could perhaps be different. But I'd have a hard time parting with N. Coach.

Texans - 48
Browns - 14

The madden gods shined on the Texans tonite as they scored 35 points in the first half on some lucky passes, missed tackles and a fumble.

The game started out great for the Browns on the opening kickoff as they took it to the house on a record breaking 109 yard return. The Texans bounced back the following drive and tied it up followed by the browns doing the same to go up 7 in an offense filled 1st half. Sadly after that the Browns luck ran out as a fumble in their own territory an a few long passes to the Texans big two in Johnson and Crabtree saw the Browns go down 35-14 at the end of the 1st half. The start of the second saw a wide open Crabtree take one in on a long pass from rookie QB Eddie Murphy who definitely bounced back from a horrible 8 INT week prior. After the long pass to start the 2nd half it was all clock management on the Texans end to finish the game with 2 field goals coming from an INT and a fumble deep in the Browns territory.

Great game Matt (we chatted a bit on
Mic and I let him know with about 4 mins left in the 3rd I was going into clock management). Look forward to some scrims down the road!

Texans:
Murphy - 10/14 and 315 with 5 TD, no picks
Spiller - 17 rushed at 98 yards and a TD.

Browns:
Brady - 4/17 and 45 0 TD And 3 picks
Richardson - 9 rushes for 47 yards and a TD.

Just another day at the...

1321455608-picture_1593.png

does it show a story on everyones xbox about beanie wells? i was just curious if it was just for me since hes my ex injured player.

As a heads up to my opponent, I am in NH and we are set to get over a foot of snow tomorrow and may lose power. Since I'm in a small town in NH it may take a day or two to get it back, hopefully it wont be that bad. Some reports are saying over 2 feet in my area...

[quote name='Dark Rider']fuck! Jeff Demps just broke his collar bone. Madden hates me.[/QUOTE]

take Moreno back PLEASE. dude sucks donkey dick. hasn't done a damn thing for me since i got him lol

It should be the Rams, I think.

Sorry I haven't got back to you yet, troy. I'm trying to figure out my free time this weekend. It'll probably be Saturday late afternoon at the earliest.

Jets get skunked by the Broncos 37-0. Broncos dominated the entire game. started with an opening kickoff return for a TD. Jets throw an INT next possession and had a nice defensive stand at the 1 yard line, holding Denver to a FG, but that was the only highlights of the game for them. Tebow ends up with a QB rating of 0.0... 4 INT and 6 drops by my receivers, Brandon Marshall the high man with 3 drops. GG Brownwing... I don't think I really got "maddened," you just straight up outplayed me. I made some pretty bad throws into coverage.. Also got too pass-happy and really should have run more when you started only rushing 3.

Yeah good game droppinloads. I can't believe Demps is out. What a game to go out on. Demps had a KR TD and two rushing TDs. Really made his mark.
I guess Ronnie Hillman is coming back! If he gets injured, I will have to start a broken running backs club.

[quote name='Mile High Von']Any space for me now that teams are open?[/QUOTE]
Yea join the dolphins I play them this week. :D

[quote name='GpNinja']Yea join the dolphins I play them this week. :D[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure your team is open. :lol: Just kidding, I am sure it's a mistake.

Better not be! Ha maybe there was some miscommunication because I quit the "official" league. In that league I can win some games but the games that I do lose are by 30 points or more. I only had one winning season that took me to the wildcard round and I lost it and that was in madden 12.

I feel I am better suited here, my division opponets are pretty tough both of my games went to OT.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It should be the Rams, I think.

Sorry I haven't got back to you yet, troy. I'm trying to figure out my free time this weekend. It'll probably be Saturday late afternoon at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. only time I'm not available is anything that would start after 5:15 central saturday for the rest of that evening.

I've let DVO know that I'm HOPEFULLY around the next couple days to get my madden game in. Home from work today.

However I'm in central MA and about to get ass-dumped with 2+ feet of snow, so internet and power could definitely end up going out. I do have a smartphone w/ data so I should be able to let you guys/him know if I'm out for a bit. I doubt I'd lose power all the way through to the 11th though, so it'd just delay our game rather than make it unplayable.

[quote name='Docb9110']Texans - 48
Browns - 14

The madden gods shined on the Texans tonite as they scored 35 points in the first half on some lucky passes, missed tackles and a fumble.

The game started out great for the Browns on the opening kickoff as they took it to the house on a record breaking 109 yard return. The Texans bounced back the following drive and tied it up followed by the browns doing the same to go up 7 in an offense filled 1st half. Sadly after that the Browns luck ran out as a fumble in their own territory an a few long passes to the Texans big two in Johnson and Crabtree saw the Browns go down 35-14 at the end of the 1st half. The start of the second saw a wide open Crabtree take one in on a long pass from rookie QB Eddie Murphy who definitely bounced back from a horrible 8 INT week prior. After the long pass to start the 2nd half it was all clock management on the Texans end to finish the game with 2 field goals coming from an INT and a fumble deep in the Browns territory.

Great game Matt (we chatted a bit on
Mic and I let him know with about 4 mins left in the 3rd I was going into clock management). Look forward to some scrims down the road!

Texans:
Murphy - 10/14 and 315 with 5 TD, no picks
Spiller - 17 rushed at 98 yards and a TD.

Browns:
Brady - 4/17 and 45 0 TD And 3 picks
Richardson - 9 rushes for 47 yards and a TD.[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady, your mama called. She said come on home to New England, stop all this foolishness.

11 guys into coverage is a cheesy as hell even 10 is cheese. theres no way in real life a coach would do that at all. if someone tried that on me i would just quit and tell them id rather have a sim. its cheap and cheesy. there needs to be a limit to how many guys u can put into coverage. i could possibly understand 9 guys in coverage with one lineman going at the QB and another in spy in case of the QB run.
mog was wrong for not sending a message but i wouldnt say doo mane's defense was much better. if anything i would say that's fighting cheese with cheese.

Has anybody gotten a concussion yet this season? I just realized I haven't gotten one the entire time in this league or the 6 or 7 games I played in the other one. Just kind of odd to me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Has anybody gotten a concussion yet this season? I just realized I haven't gotten one the entire time in this league or the 6 or 7 games I played in the other one. Just kind of odd to me.[/QUOTE]

Nope

Not trying to sound conspiracy theorist for a madden game, but I just assumed this year at least a few players would be knocked out a season to help further the whole concussion NFL storyline.

I remember getting one in another league, and Phil Simms even had a diatribe making a big deal about it. Then the guy played the next game like nothing was wrong. Guess he passed the "concussion protocols."

[quote name='perdition(troy']Has anybody gotten a concussion yet this season? I just realized I haven't gotten one the entire time in this league or the 6 or 7 games I played in the other one. Just kind of odd to me.[/QUOTE]
I've gotten some in offline leagues. Never miss more than a couple games, though.

There's no such thing as concussions.

/NFL'd

Uuuuuugh, I hit RB instead of Y on my first pass while 17-17. Pick 6, next drive, another pick. Ack!

GG DVO, very close throughout. Frustrating but deserved loss.

[quote name='Lexxon']Uuuuuugh, I hit RB instead of Y on my first pass while 17-17. Pick 6, next drive, another pick. Ack!

GG DVO, very close throughout. Frustrating but deserved loss.[/QUOTE]

ya very close one thats for sure. it was alot of fun. i had a feeling that if i didnt make any turnovers this one would stay close and i didnt make any but 3rd down killed me i was 0-6 on 3rd down. this game felt like defense all game long

bengals are on a 4 game winning streak facing the texans next going to be another tough one

I just invited two guys to CAG from another league I was in on another website. If you want to fill up some CPU teams they were from the league me and Mile High met in and they are probably around our skill level.

[quote name='njrockpd']I just invited two guys to CAG from another league I was in on another website. If you want to fill up some CPU teams they were from the league me and Mile High met in and they are probably around our skill level.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely like to fill the CPU teams...but to be honest, I'm considering leaving them vacant until this season is over. I've never been a huge fan of new guys coming in the last few weeks of the season and potentially screwing with the playoff seeding for people who have been playing all season. It wasn't as big of a deal with you because you were taking a 1 win team, but I'm just trying to think about it from the perspective of people who have been working on their team the entire season to have someone just hop in and mess with that.

Plus, it would give people a chance to show that they're going to be active in the thread and give people a sense of their character before they take one of the teams. It may seem like I'm being incredibly particular, but at this point, I kind of want to be. But anybody who doesn't have a problem with earning their spot and becoming a part of the community here, I'm all for.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I would definitely like to fill the CPU teams...but to be honest, I'm considering leaving them vacant until this season is over. I've never been a huge fan of new guys coming in the last few weeks of the season and potentially screwing with the playoff seeding for people who have been playing all season. It wasn't as big of a deal with you because you were taking a 1 win team, but I'm just trying to think about it from the perspective of people who have been working on their team the entire season to have someone just hop in and mess with that.

Plus, it would give people a chance to show that they're going to be active in the thread and give people a sense of their character before they take one of the teams. It may seem like I'm being incredibly particular, but at this point, I kind of want to be. But anybody who doesn't have a problem with earning their spot and becoming a part of the community here, I'm all for.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I would definitely like to fill the CPU teams...but to be honest, I'm considering leaving them vacant until this season is over. I've never been a huge fan of new guys coming in the last few weeks of the season and potentially screwing with the playoff seeding for people who have been playing all season. It wasn't as big of a deal with you because you were taking a 1 win team, but I'm just trying to think about it from the perspective of people who have been working on their team the entire season to have someone just hop in and mess with that.

Plus, it would give people a chance to show that they're going to be active in the thread and give people a sense of their character before they take one of the teams. It may seem like I'm being incredibly particular, but at this point, I kind of want to be. But anybody who doesn't have a problem with earning their spot and becoming a part of the community here, I'm all for.[/QUOTE]

I would agree. Nobody knew me and what I was about, yet I got a team pretty quickly after inquiring about it. Even though that is how I got in, I don't think that is the way it should be done. I think there should be more steps that need to be taken in order to join. We don't want another situation like we have with the Dolphins where a guy takes over a team, makes big roster moves, then leaves. I don't want to see another Cowboys situation where a guy doesn't like the way the league is ran, so he throws a fit and potentially ruins a team in the process.

I know you scrimmaged at least one of the newer owners. I think a potential owner should have to scrimmage a few guys and see where he stands as far as skill level is concerned. This should weed out guys who are not only too good, but also guys who may not be good enough. Some people(including myself) take losing hard sometimes and if someone sees that they won't be competing for a playoff spot right away, then maybe they decide to not join right away. This would be better than joining, realizing they can't compete, and quitting mid season. This will also give the potential owner an idea of how games are played in the league. It's less likely that they will be caught off guard by the way some of us play, then quit because they are annoyed by it.

[quote name='Konfusion']I would agree. Nobody knew me and what I was about, yet I got a team pretty quickly after inquiring about it. Even though that is how I got in, I don't think that is the way it should be done. I think there should be more steps that need to be taken in order to join. We don't want another situation like we have with the Dolphins where a guy takes over a team, makes big roster moves, then leaves. I don't want to see another Cowboys situation where a guy doesn't like the way the league is ran, so he throws a fit and potentially ruins a team in the process.

I know you scrimmaged at least one of the newer owners. I think a potential owner should have to scrimmage a few guys and see where he stands as far as skill level is concerned. This should weed out guys who are not only too good, but also guys who may not be good enough. Some people(including myself) take losing hard sometimes and if someone sees that they won't be competing for a playoff spot right away, then maybe they decide to not join right away. This would be better than joining, realizing they can't compete, and quitting mid season. This will also give the potential owner an idea of how games are played in the league. It's less likely that they will be caught off guard by the way some of us play, then quit because they are annoyed by it.[/QUOTE]

Well these two guys can post in less than 48 hours and then I guess we can sent up unranked tryouts.

[quote name='njrockpd']Well these two guys can post in less than 48 hours and then I guess we can sent up unranked tryouts.[/QUOTE]

It's N8's decision on whether to implement a system like that. I was just throwing suggestions out there. He might just want to leave the teams open until the season is over like he said.

[quote name='Mile High Von']Can I join?[/QUOTE]

Well, the first criteria for this league is members reading and keeping up with the thread. I gave a fairly detailed opinion on it near the top of this page.

As someone who joined a team toward the end of last season, I definitely agree with this too going forward. Nothing worse than an owner coming in at the end of the season ,making big roster moves like the Dolphins did with Wallace and Jennings, and then leaving. I know Wpark's a good guy and that wasnt his intent originally, but its still a bad pattern for the league.

A friend of mine would like to take over the Dolphins. He just joined the forum today but of course can't post yet. CAG name is Jbake_11 and Xbox name is bakenator11.

bread's done
Back