CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='billymcdugal']completely random, but how is civ 5? i have civ 4 with all the expansions and was contemplating getting 5. the fact that you have put only 13 hours into it makes me think it took a dive from 4. but you could just a little busy.[/QUOTE]

That's 18.2 hours actually, and that's just in the last 2 weeks. :D

According to Steam I've put 240 hours in all time. So yeah, it's great. I'd say it's at least on par with 4, if not better. I'd definitely recommend it.

[quote name='billymcdugal']completely random, but how is civ 5? i have civ 4 with all the expansions and was contemplating getting 5. the fact that you have put only 13 hours into it makes me think it took a dive from 4. but you could just a little busy.[/QUOTE]

Oh I love Civ 5! Especially after the Gods and Kings expansion, it's really a lot better to me.

All right, guys. I'm putting myself on auto pilot for the rest of the season. This Titans team is pathetic. I beefed up my passing defense just to get passed all over. I need a serious break.

I messaged Superstar midway through the 2nd quarter asking if he'd mind just playing my CPU, and it looks like he's going to get mad about it. I could understand if the game was in the 2nd half or something...but we'd barely been playing 10 minutes. If that 10 minutes is more important than me not wanting to snap my disc in half, then whatever. I'll give myself a strike. Games have disconnected far later...and I was at least honest about it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, guys. I'm putting myself on auto pilot for the rest of the season. This Titan's team is pathetic. I beefed up my passing defense just to get passed all over. I need a serious break.

I messaged Superstar midway through the 2nd quarter asking if he'd mind just playing my CPU, and it looks like he's going to get mad about it. I could understand if the game was in the 2nd half or something...but we'd barely been playing 10 minutes. If that 10 minutes is more important than me not wanting to snap my disc in half, then whatever. I'll give myself a strike. Games have disconnected far later...and I was at least honest about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is pretty frustrating considering I was up 21-0 and having my best game in 4 weeks (on a 4 week losing streak). I've lost respect for you, not that it matters. Oh well.

[quote name='Superstar']Yeah it is pretty frustrating considering I was up 21-0 and having my best game in 4 weeks (on a 4 week losing streak). I've lost respect for you, not that it matters. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not anything personal. If you want to make it personal, that's your business. I'm being legitimately honest when I say I just don't want to play this game anymore. Obviously, I have to stick around to keep the league running, and I'm fine with that. I just don't want to waste any more time on this team this season.

I'll make adjustments in the offseason and try again, but I'm shutting this team down for now. Like I said, I don't get much time to play video games anymore...so continuing to watch my overpaid defense not be able to cover TEs and FBs is unbearable. I sincerely apologize for wasting 10 minutes of your time. But that's all it is. I don't need this to be a big deal.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not anything personal. If you want to make it personal, that's your business. I'm being legitimately honest when I say I just don't want to play this game anymore. Obviously, I have to stick around to keep the league running, and I'm fine with that. I just don't want to waste any more time on this team this season.

I'll make adjustments in the offseason and try again, but I'm shutting this team down for now. Like I said, I don't get much time to play video games anymore...so continuing to watch my overpaid defense not be able to cover TEs and FBs is unbearable. I sincerely apologize for wasting 10 minutes of your time. But that's all it is. I don't need this to be a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I am not making it a big deal. Just stating how much BS it was, that's all. It's over with. Also "10 minutes" of my time is a lot to me. As you said, I also don't get much time to game these days.

n8 would you consider transfering commisioner? you could still run the forum if you want but the day to day could be led by someone with...ahem...a higher frustration tolerance? :)

[quote name='billymcdugal']n8 would you consider transfering commisioner? you could still run the forum if you want but the day to day could be led by someone with...ahem...a higher frustration tolerance? :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, if I'm out, I'm out man. If you guys want somebody else to take over, I don't have a problem with it, but that would be it for me this year. I'm not even suggesting anything drastic here. People can just play my CPU the rest of this season. Just pretend I'm on a long vacation, lol.

I just haven't been having fun with this game for a while and playing my games has become a chore. I'm basically just forgoing my final 5 games (I don't care whether I make the playoffs or not). Then I'll go back back to the drawing board with finding a defensive player who can cover the TE.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, if I'm out, I'm out man. If you guys want somebody else to take over, I don't have a problem with it, but that would be it for me this year. I'm not even suggesting anything drastic here. People can just play my CPU the rest of this season. Just pretend I'm on a long vacation, lol.

I just haven't been having fun with this game for a while and playing my games has become a chore. I'm basically just forgoing my final 5 games (I don't care whether I make the playoffs or not). Then I'll go back back to the drawing board with finding a defensive player who can cover the TE.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say that you're going to be searching for a long time.

How demanding is Civ 5? I thought about picking it up but don't like hunkering down in my office all night, I'd rather sit on my macbook on the couch with the wife.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Sorry to say that you're going to be searching for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I've got a couple ideas that don't make any football sense, but might be "necessary" in Madden. They're incredibly retarded...but yeah...Madden, lol.

im not sure how fair it is for u to just forfeit the rest of the games to just try again next year. considering the fact that people shouldnt have an issue beating the cpu and there for by giving u a better draft position just kinda seems cheap to do it like that.

[quote name='DVO21']im not sure how fair it is for u to just forfeit the rest of the games to just try again next year. considering the fact that people shouldnt have an issue beating the cpu and there for by giving u a better draft position just kinda seems cheap to do it like that.[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool. So, I'm out then. League's over, everybody. Thanks for playing. What difference does it make whether I play the games and lose or let people play my CPU? We've had numerous people go on autopilot for multiple games. I bust my ass on the league all fucking year, and you can't give me a 5 game break? God damn, there are some unappreciative assholes in this league

[quote name='Superstar']I barely throw to my TE. He only had 2 catches. He's usually my 3rd read.[/QUOTE]

No, I wasn't calling you out. Just the general way this game goes. My heart just wasn't in our game at all. Like I said, it's not personal. I don't want to play anybody right now.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ok, cool. So, I'm out then. League's over, everybody. Thanks for playing. What difference does it make whether I play the games and lose or let people play my CPU? We've had numerous people go on autopilot for multiple games. I bust my ass on the league all fucking year, and you can't give me a 5 game break? God damn, there are some unappreciative assholes in this league

No, I wasn't calling you out. Just the general way this game goes. My heart just wasn't in our game at all. Like I said, it's not personal. I don't want to play anybody right now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was just making a general statement about myself and throwing to TE's. I didn't mean it to sound directed towards you.

Most of my INT's this year are from throwing to my TE. I haven't been throwing to him as much as I'd like too.

I think its just all about how you user your D. When I played staticz Clark (whos been leading the NFC for TEs) was pretty much a non-factor cause of how much staticz was usering guys like Beason on him.

Colts vs Jags done. Colts win 37-10

Literally Darktower might have had the worst luck ive ever seen in a madden game. Indy had only 1 offensive TD in addition to a pick 6, fumble return, and TY Hilton returning a missed FG 109 yards for a td..
good game man

yea looking at the box score.. he outgained me by 100 yards, had more Time of poss, more first downs.

Yeah, the fumbles in Madden drive me insane. The picks were bad choices on my part but fumbles feel so random.

People get crushed and hold onto the ball and then someone bumps a player with a 95 carry rating and the ball goes flying.

[quote name='Superstar']Also "10 minutes" of my time is a lot to me. As you said, I also don't get much time to game these days.[/QUOTE]

It's been a long day, thanks for the laugh...priceless!

Also I'd like to note that I lost to the CPU and have beaten user teams. So putting the n8's team on autopilot doesn't seem like a big deal.

I agree with Franky I almost lost my first CPU game. I was down 21-3 at one point in the game. I know for myself I am not blowing out the CPU at all there giving me a run for my money. Lol

The other thing is...for perspective, I have 6 wins. It's not like I'm tanking for the #1 pick. I couldn't care less what pick I end up with. I just don't want to play this game for a little while. My defense is horrid. I can't stand to look at them. The only thing I'd do differently is start screwing with my lineup and putting people out of their natural positions to see if anything would click (will Madden let you put a safety at LB?)

Hearing Gamerdude mention "shutting down the TE with guys like Jon Beason" is a bit funny. Yes, one of the best LBs in the game can shut down the TE...mind blown, lol. Not all of us are blessed with guys on that level. I'm lucky if my guys can find their feet. And like I've said before, the fact that there was a simple fix for it that EA removed just makes me want to stab something. It's like they went out of their way to make the game shittier. I'm tired of talking about it, even. Just leave me be, lol. Pretend I'm not here.

Real Madden Curse
gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
o0256019211698933599.jpg
an_angry_old_man__868197.jpg

WSZMAPW3L2AZmE2aF7k9W0_4.jpg
9sAS.jpg

We've advanced to Week 12. The deadline is 2/15.

And holy crap, most of the games were lopsided as hell this past week. Things are getting ugly.

[quote name='FrankySox']It's been a long day, thanks for the laugh...priceless!

Also I'd like to note that I lost to the CPU and have beaten user teams. So putting the n8's team on autopilot doesn't seem like a big deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GpNinja']I agree with Franky I almost lost my first CPU game. I was down 21-3 at one point in the game. I know for myself I am not blowing out the CPU at all there giving me a run for my money. Lol[/QUOTE]

The other thing is...for perspective, I have 6 wins. It's not like I'm tanking for the #1 pick. I couldn't care less what pick I end up with. I just don't want to play this game for a little while. My defense is horrid. I can't stand to look at them. The only thing I'd do differently is start screwing with my lineup and putting people out of their natural positions to see if anything would click (will Madden let you put a safety at LB?)

Seeing Gamerdude mention "shutting down the TE with guys like Jon Beason" is a bit funny. Yes, one of the best LBs in the game can shut down the TE...mind blown, lol. Not all of us are blessed with guys on that level. I'm lucky if my guys can find their feet. And like I've said before, the fact that there was a simple fix for it that EA removed just makes me want to stab something. It's like they went out of their way to make the game shittier. I'm tired of talking about it, even. Just leave me be, lol. Pretend I'm not here.

Real Madden Curse
gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
o0256019211698933599.jpg
an_angry_old_man__868197.jpg

minister15-300x220.jpg
WSZMAPW3L2AZmE2aF7k9W0_4.jpg
9sAS.jpg

Hej, jag heter Ingrid. För en längre tid nu har jag försökt bekämpa min tjocka kroppsfigur. Jag prövade manga olika sätt men ingenting fungerade. Stränga matregler, träningar, massage som pastas kunna stimulera viktnedgang och ett flertal andra sätt. Jag undrade om det finns nagonting som jag inte har provat än? absolute acai berry
Jag kom fram till att jag hade utelämnat de magiska acai bären. :) Till slut har jag hittat nagonting effektivt! Jag letade pa nätet och läste omdömen för acai bär
att kunna välja vilket bantningsmedel jag ska göra en order pa: nagon typ av sockerlag, tabletter, nagon pulverlösning, eller ett kosttillskott som bestar av större mängder koffein. Äntligen valde jag acai dieten
att skaffa bantningsmedlet AcaiBerry900. Om ni ocksa tänker sasom jag tidigare, att det finns ingen utväg för er till en synlig viktminskning, behöver ni absolut ga in pa hemsidan acai berry
acaiberry900.se. Det är en stralande nyhet! I mitt fall fungerade det helt utmärkt!
urzadzenia spawalnicze
uchwyty spawalnicze

can anyone let me know who the eagles play this week? i think its the cowboys but im not sure, i'm no able to get on the league site where im at now

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The other thing is...for perspective, I have 6 wins. It's not like I'm tanking for the #1 pick. I couldn't care less what pick I end up with. I just don't want to play this game for a little while. My defense is horrid. I can't stand to look at them. The only thing I'd do differently is start screwing with my lineup and putting people out of their natural positions to see if anything would click (will Madden let you put a safety at LB?)

Seeing Gamerdude mention "shutting down the TE with guys like Jon Beason" is a bit funny. Yes, one of the best LBs in the game can shut down the TE...mind blown, lol. Not all of us are blessed with guys on that level. I'm lucky if my guys can find their feet. And like I've said before, the fact that there was a simple fix for it that EA removed just makes me want to stab something. It's like they went out of their way to make the game shittier. I'm tired of talking about it, even. Just leave me be, lol. Pretend I'm not here.
[/QUOTE]

The comment I was making wasnt that he was usering Beason to shut my TE down, it was that he was very effective at usering his LBs in general. He usered Beason, Anderson, and others and consistently kept Clark in check. Maybe you just need to practice with your LB's, lol

[quote name='GamerDude316']The comment I was making wasnt that he was usering Beason to shut my TE down, it was that he was very effective at usering his LBs in general. He usered Beason, Anderson, and others and consistently kept Clark in check. Maybe you just need to practice with your LB's, lol[/QUOTE]

haha! Thanks for the compliments man. I feel like I whiff more often than not, but that is probably in my head.

Best thing I can offer to stop the TE is to play a 2-3-6 which brings a DB down to the Sam. Normally it puts in your backup SS but you are usually better off subbing in a CB with high Man Coverage. If you still feel like you are getting beat, drop your strongside DE into a yellow zone to help out.

The biggest problem with this setup is you are vulnerable to the run, but that is where your usering skills come in.

Are TE's that abused in our league? I haven't looked at any of the leaderboards for a few weeks but other than the one guy that was leaning on gronk every play I don't remember anyone standing out to me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Are TE's that abused in our league? I haven't looked at any of the leaderboards for a few weeks but other than the one guy that was leaning on gronk every play I don't remember anyone standing out to me.[/QUOTE]

I think most guys get pissed when everyone goes to their TE on 3rd down. The streak to TE's is easy to abuse with precision passing. If the LB is on the inside of your TE, lead him outside. If he is outside, lead it inside.

Again though, it comes down to just double covering. Most guys throw that streak on timing so if you drop a DE into a yellow he'll pick it off more often than not.

Might just be me, but I think TEs were much harder to defend in Madden 12 than they are this year. The slant out to the TE was so uncoverable that they took the route out of the game entirely. TE seams are annoying, but they're much easier to defend if you know how - staticz basically has the fomula correct there.

[quote name='bvharris']Might just be me, but I think TEs were much harder to defend in Madden 12 than they are this year. The slant out to the TE was so uncoverable that they took the route out of the game entirely. TE seams are annoying, but they're much easier to defend if you know how - staticz basically has the fomula correct there.[/QUOTE]

ahh thanks man. The Chiefs ran the exact defense I wrote about a few posts above a lot of last year, except they but Berry at the Sam (which was a mistake IMO), so I can't take all of the credit.

another thing to consider with TEs is that do you think that defending them for the real nfl is any less of a headache? I remember playing madden 05 and if you got a te with 70 catch and speed he was a god send. It's just a different league. I bet the bills defense would love to be able to blame EA cheesyness for having to see gronk and hernandez twice a year.

[quote name='billymcdugal']another thing to consider with TEs is that do you think that defending them for the real nfl is any less of a headache? I remember playing madden 05 and if you got a te with 70 catch and speed he was a god send. It's just a different league. I bet the bills defense would love to be able to blame EA cheesyness for having to see gronk and hernandez twice a year.[/QUOTE]
That's why I tried to trade for Hernandez a while back.:cry:

Jeez I've had/have every division game right now...vikings-bears-packers-and then two more NFC north division games and finish out with the panthers and bucs.

Also, I like Hernandez better than Gronk in this game. He is more reliable if I use the Patriots.

I vote that we cut Nate some slack. If he's tired of playing, that's fine. If he wants to put his team on autopilot for the rest of the season, that's fine. I mean we wouldn't have this well-run and organized league with a lot of good people in it without his efforts. The fact that he's still willing to keep it going from a management perspective, while not playing, is a testament to his good virtues. The draft argument is overblown. Who really cares if he drafts in position #15 or #25? I know we're trying to play this league in as "realistic" way as possible, but let's not lose perspective that this is still a video game and we're just playing for fun. This isn't a job, or school, or family. If someone isn't having fun, for whatever reason, it's a good time to take a break. If it happens to be during the season, so what?

[quote name='HooRox']I vote that we cut Nate some slack. If he's tired of playing, that's fine. If he wants to put his team on autopilot for the rest of the season, that's fine. I mean we wouldn't have this well-run and organized league with a lot of good people in it without his efforts. The fact that he's still willing to keep it going from a management perspective, while not playing, is a testament to his good virtues. The draft argument is overblown. Who really cares if he drafts in position #15 or #25? I know we're trying to play this league in as "realistic" way as possible, but let's not lose perspective that this is still a video game and we're just playing for fun. This isn't a job, or school, or family. If someone isn't having fun, for whatever reason, it's a good time to take a break. If it happens to be during the season, so what?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had time to chime in on this yet. (This weekend has been crazy, I haven't played an xbox game since last Thursday I think)

I agree. Nate, if you are feeling burnt out, I think everyone can understand that. If you want to autopilot the rest of the season, I have no problem.

Eventually, everybody gets burnt out or just wants to spend more time with their friends and family. Hopefully you'll stick around, as you do an excellent job of running the league.

I don't think it is a problem if any member wants to take a couple weeks off for peace of mind and to give themselves a little break. I'd rather someone take a few games off and come back for another season than to just be done all together because of frustration.

Yeah, I'm on Nate's side with this as well. I've been crazy busy lately and I'd been considering doing this myself. Doing theatre is major time commitment, haha. I should have more free time soon since the show is about to start, though.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I don't think it is a problem if any member wants to take a couple weeks off for peace of mind and to give themselves a little break. I'd rather someone take a few games off and come back for another season than to just be done all together because of frustration.[/QUOTE]

This was basically my logic. If I'm getting closer and closer to rage quitting every game, I need to just call it and step away for a bit. There are definitely some "Madden fanatics" on CAG, and they might not understand it, but that's fine. This game isn't even my only hobby, and like it was brought up in the other league, a Madden league shouldn't turn into a part-time job. I might do my practice here and there just to try out some of the new ideas I've had. But just taking the time to schedule games that I don't care about right now doesn't make sense to me.

All throughout this franchise, I've responded to numerous messages telling people that a part time owner is better than having a 100% CPU owner (qualifier: non-douchebag). steggy, slofton, and ubernes can all attest to this. Anybody who doesn't like that is free to go start their own league. Thank you to those who can understand where I'm coming from though.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Biiiiiig win for the broncos just now in their divisional race.[/QUOTE]

Definetely! Broncos come up big and beat AFC's #1 Cheifs 17-14!

Great game as always cool I am!

[quote name='perdition(troy']Are TE's that abused in our league? I haven't looked at any of the leaderboards for a few weeks but other than the one guy that was leaning on gronk every play I don't remember anyone standing out to me.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that guy "leaning on Gronk" has had 3 QBs that can't consistently complete a basic curl to the WR to work with. And he did try to swing trades for Miles Austin and Kurt Warner to try and open up the offense.

bread's done
Back