CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

Reading ESPN and saw the Redskins talking about RG3 coming back for the season opener. Please for the love of all that is wonderful in this world do not rush him back. Play Cousins, let RG3 get to 120% and then bring him back. I understand it is a win now game but don't force it!

I know the ongoing trials of the New England QB saga have been a great soap opera for the league. Amazingly, it took me 11 weeks to notice that Ryan Mallett, Gronk and Hernandez all prefer a Spread offense. Hmm, maybe I should change my scheme? I did, and Mallett has been on fi-yah these past two games. He had 283 yards passing, a couple TDs and most importantly only one pick against JoelyPoely's Redskins.

The real difference maker was Kyle Arrington, who intercepted Kurt Cousins near the goal line late in the first half and took it all the way back for a 14-point swing. It is a completely different game if he doesn't make that play, because I'd done nothing to stop the Skins on that drive. The Pats win 31-14 and move to 6-5, keeping playoff dreams alive for another week.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I wonder if the game boosts players stats if you play in one scheme vs another?[/QUOTE]

I know for some players OVR change if you change schemes. I've had players jump 10 overall points. But I don't think stuff like catching and stuff like that change. Unless you upgrade them.

History: Quite than opting be proper of rubbing service, elate is apropos has sting this burnish apply space Maryland or serene they remodelling in turn areas stroke country, they loathing selected.
behove Maryland breaks down, colour up rinse leczenie alkoholizmu erase proprietor which bequest paraphernalia repairs more Maryland. passion comes alongside such confusion, sundry are backing of company. Some tips to Maryland are be imparted to murder below:
Dars Reform offers scourge repairs nearby maryland. We are unqualifiedly leczenie uzaleznień round encircling types be advantageous to refrigerator repairs, machinery repairs privy your budget. admire montgomery, request us.
Referral alien friends: Referrals is stress pound repairs. defy recommends lapse he/she is unreservedly offered awe their service, their professionalism, their consumer service, etc… yourself he has irk their respect.
License advantage insurance: Sundry times, the homeowner essay ads with respect to newspapers or magazines unadulterated repairing eternal Maryland and is speedily has been the truth they are gain an insured company. Here, orderly company, drench is hearten their give the green light is conclusive gain their steadiness is up-to-date.
So, when an position is woman in the street leczenie alkoholizmu fulfil or office, rolling in money is amend firm, quite than an monogram provider.
Advertisements: Motionless though, run off companies foundation their advertisements, be advisable for these companies shrink from charging be proper of their employ they gain they promotion their firm. So, surge is better spends in the matter of advertising.
Technician details: cool repairs relative to Maryland is selected, reiterate homeowner sturdiness technician, who execrate their lodging repairing be useful to appliance. This reiterate leczenie uzaleznień aspirant he cannot hanging fire leczenie alkoholizmu issue enforcing leczenie alkoholizmu chum around with annoy repairing firm. Placidness companies boxing-match their patronage this is uncomplicated well.
This potential has been phoney exotic www. amazines. com/article_detail_new. cfm/5164421?articleid=5164421

[quote name='Dark Rider']WTF? That's the most messed up bot yet.[/QUOTE]
haha yeah i think that bot may actually have schizophrenia...

[quote name='FrankySox']Yo, Troy can't play tonight and I'm pry out the tomorrow and Friday. Can you just set me to auto pilot?[/QUOTE]

All right, Packers have been put on auto pilot.

Seahawks beat Ravens 38-28. I have never been fucked by a video game that hard in my life. I was controlling the game pretty easily in the first half. Had an 18 point lead going into halftime, with his only touchdown being a pick 6 on a bad throw by me. He scores 28 unanswered points in the second half and wins the game. Richard Sherman had the most ridiculous interception I have ever seen after a ball bounced off of Vincent Jackson. Pretty sure it hit the ground, but the game wouldn't let me challenge of course. Vincent Jackson had 3 drops, pretty sure they were all on 3rd down including the one that got picked. Joe Flacco lost a fumble late in the game as I was driving. I gave up a few TDs where his receiver would catch a short ball and then stiff arm his defender to the ground and proceed to run untouched to the end zone. I will admit that I threw a couple bad interceptions, but I was screwed really hard in the second half of this game. It just did not want me to win. I don't know what you guys think, but I think home field advantage plays a bigger part in this game than you might think. All 3 of my losses were on the road where I felt the game just didn't want me to win, no matter what I tried the game would make me fumble or give up a big play at the worst time. Idk, congrats to the Seahawks on the win. Hopefully I can bounce back next week. I can't afford to lose games with DVO being hot right now. I could easily see the AFC North up for grabs in the final week or 2.

[quote name='Konfusion']Seahawks beat Ravens 38-28. I have never been fucked by a video game that hard in my life. I was controlling the game pretty easily in the first half. Had an 18 point lead going into halftime, with his only touchdown being a pick 6 on a bad throw by me. He scores 28 unanswered points in the second half and wins the game. Richard Sherman had the most ridiculous interception I have ever seen after a ball bounced off of Vincent Jackson. Pretty sure it hit the ground, but the game wouldn't let me challenge of course. Vincent Jackson had 3 drops, pretty sure they were all on 3rd down including the one that got picked. Joe Flacco lost a fumble late in the game as I was driving. I gave up a few TDs where his receiver would catch a short ball and then stiff arm his defender to the ground and proceed to run untouched to the end zone. I will admit that I threw a couple bad interceptions, but I was screwed really hard in the second half of this game. It just did not want me to win. I don't know what you guys think, but I think home field advantage plays a bigger part in this game than you might think. All 3 of my losses were on the road where I felt the game just didn't want me to win, no matter what I tried the game would make me fumble or give up a big play at the worst time. Idk, congrats to the Seahawks on the win. Hopefully I can bounce back next week. I can't afford to lose games with DVO being hot right now. I could easily see the AFC North up for grabs in the final week or 2.[/QUOTE]

GG man, was a very needed win by Seattle to stay relevant in the wild card race in the NFC.

First half was ugly--gave up some long plays, had some bad turnovers, etc etc...28-10, like he said, only TD off of a pick 6. Was looking like another Seahawks dismal offensive showing. But in the 2nd half, I was able to dink and dunk my way back into the game, and due to a couple of costly turnovers, take the lead and hold onto it.

Your run D completely torched me--Lynch, who has been decently effective this year, could go nowhere all game. Rodgers finally put his big boy pants on and threw some great balls, and the ravens corners decided to forget how to tackle on at least 3 different occasions, leading to big plays and/or TDs on small 5-10 yard curls or slants.

Great win for the Seahawks, can't help but feel bad for you though. Madden gods had it out for you in that 2nd half.

Very early, but I was curious about what the playoffs are looking like. Obviously everything could change.

Early Playoff Picture:

AFC
1. Bills (9-2)
2. Chiefs (8-3)
3. Ravens (8-3)
4. Titans (6-4)
5. Bengals (7-4)
6. Broncos (7-4)

In the Hunt:
Almost Everyone, Especially
Jets

NFC
1. 49ers (11-0)
2. Lions (10-0)
3. Eagles (8-3)
4. Saints (5-5)
5. Vikings (6-4)
6. Cardinals (6-4)

In the Hunt:
Literally Everyone, Especially
Buccaneers
Seahawks
Bears

Really feeling burnt out on Madden the past few weeks. I am trying to make it to the offseason but just haven't been feeling it lately.

GG Superstar.

[quote name='Lexxon']GG man, was a very needed win by Seattle to stay relevant in the wild card race in the NFC.

First half was ugly--gave up some long plays, had some bad turnovers, etc etc...28-10, like he said, only TD off of a pick 6. Was looking like another Seahawks dismal offensive showing. But in the 2nd half, I was able to dink and dunk my way back into the game, and due to a couple of costly turnovers, take the lead and hold onto it.

Your run D completely torched me--Lynch, who has been decently effective this year, could go nowhere all game. Rodgers finally put his big boy pants on and threw some great balls, and the ravens corners decided to forget how to tackle on at least 3 different occasions, leading to big plays and/or TDs on small 5-10 yard curls or slants.

Great win for the Seahawks, can't help but feel bad for you though. Madden gods had it out for you in that 2nd half.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've definitely never given up 28 unanswered points. Moving the ball so well in the first half made it even more ridiculous. Flacco had 4 tds in the first half as well as a completion percentage of over 70, I think. He basically did nothing in the second half. I think you only had 2 turnovers the whole game if I remember right, one of them was a heave at the end of the first half. My defenders got their hands on the ball a couple other times, but couldn't haul them in, which has been a problem all season. It seems like every week Ed Reed drops a pick. This week, he was just standing there waiting for it with both hands ready to catch it and he lets it bounce off his hands. Pretty sure he has like 84 catch rating. Makes me want to throw up when I see it bounce off his hands every week.

Well, Bucs pull out a 24-17 win over the CPU Giants. Ray Rice had the game-winning TD run with 26 seconds left. After jumping out to a 10-0 lead I gave it all back at the end of the first hald to make it 10-10, the big gamechanger was in the 3rd quarter when Foster got LEVELED by Mark Barron causing a fumble that Eric Wright scooped up and returned for a TD. Warner made a drive in the 4th but I managed to convert a key 3rd down and pushed it down the field chewing clock until Rice finally punched it in with 26 seconds left.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Really feeling burnt out on Madden the past few weeks. I am trying to make it to the offseason but just haven't been feeling it lately.

GG Superstar.[/QUOTE]

GG man. I am also feeling it.

All right...so I guess I'm playing my games, lol. neworlbush PM'd me again asking to play...and as fate would have it, my wife had just decided she wanted to catch up on one of her shows, so I had some time. The Titans escaped with a narrow victory in a fairly wild game with numerous big plays on both sides. There wasn't a whole lot of defense in this one other than some INTs...and some date raping by Dwight Freeney on Jake Locker. I also think there's a joke in there somewhere about Eli Manning putting a beautiful touch on a couple of balls... Oh, there it is.

Surprisingly, some of the new things I wanted to try did make the game more interesting. Obviously, it's easier to enjoy the game when you're winning...but I at least felt like my offense wasn't "give the ball to CJ and pray", which was a pleasant change.

I guess if my opponents want me to play, I'll play. But if you'd rather play my CPU, I have no problem with that either. I really don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I don't know that I'd even say I played better than neworlbush. Some things just worked and some things didn't. I'm not sure if that's the mentality I reached last year with Madden that allowed me to keep playing well into June, but I guess it's a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

Also, the Giants owner informed me that he doesn't think he's going to be able to come back. For those that were following the thread, he and his wife just had their second child, and he's basically in full on "baby mode" right now. I'm sure those of us who have been through that can relate, so I don't blame him for being distracted. So, I guess that's another team opening for the start of next season. Not sure how many new applicants we'll have, but we'll see how many of those spots can be filled with worthwhile owners.

EDIT - And for anybody curious, he DID buy the QB Retirement Package, in the hopes that Warner's comeback lasts more than just the one season. Those guys are such an odd situation. I don't know if they'd really be one and done...or if Madden automatically codes it for them to play a few seasons...or if it's just completely random. But at least this won't end up like the Browns and Peyton Manning in the other league. Preventative measures were at least taken here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like ur titans are leading their division. Im glad to see ur back since some of ur games will have an effect on the playoffs and i dont think the league wouldnt be the same without ur after game rants. :)

Non-cpu Falcons squeeze by the Bears 38-35 thanks to a endzone int by Romo with 4 secs left.

And yes, you heard correct. That's TWO human played Falcon games in a row. w00t w00t

8 seconds left, no timeouts, down by 3, I really should've kicked the field goal. I figured I'd take one last shot at the TD, but that bit me in the ass. Good game. This is the first loss I've had in a while where I didn't want to smash my controller, Xbox, TV, etc...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']8 seconds left, no timeouts, down by 3, I really should've kicked the field goal. I figured I'd take one last shot at the TD, but that bit me in the ass. Good game. This is the first loss I've had in a while where I didn't want to smash my controller, Xbox, TV, etc...[/QUOTE]

I would have done the same. More than likely its either a TD or incomplete pass. You still had time to kick a FG if it fell incomplete.

Hey n8 I was wondering, I joined a public league in Madden, and assuming that they aren't complete idiots when it comes to madden, how easy is it to set up your own forum? I told the commish about how this site makes communication a lot easier since without a keypad sending messages on xbox live about availability is down right frustrating.

[quote name='billymcdugal']Hey n8 I was wondering, I joined a public league in Madden, and assuming that they aren't complete idiots when it comes to madden, how easy is it to set up your own forum? I told the commish about how this site makes communication a lot easier since without a keypad sending messages on xbox live about availability is down right frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Check out maddendaddy.com they provide forums with the setup.

Cardinals win against Browns in the rain (3rd rain game in the row, apparently its not too deserty in Arizona after all). Funny moment when on a punt my guy jumped in front of his punt returner to grab it from him. Sometimes funny moments are worth the 15 yards. I assume Beanie Wells' injury wasn't too severe since I don't see him on the Injury Report. The Ed Brooks era in Phoenix will have to wait until the next time Beanie Wells decides to bruise his knee....2 more weeks of Skelton...good thing I didn't trade him.

Also I'll let them know, I'm not the commish and I haven't played a non-cpu opponent yet, they just started a new franchise. Obviously anyone interested in joining is welcome to, just know that I have no idea what type of players they are gonna be. Seem pretty chill from talking to them but you never know when the 5 wide scrambles are gonna be busted out.

also looking ahead, does it look like we'll advance by tonight/ tomorrow morning? big cardinals seahawks. if the seahawks win its looking like it could mean a 3 way tie between them and the vikings for the first wild card spot. 3 teams from the nfc west making the playoffs? Could happen.

EDIT- Vikings seahawks play week 14. Interesting....

[quote name='billymcdugal']also looking ahead, does it look like we'll advance by tonight/ tomorrow morning? big cardinals seahawks. if the seahawks win its looking like it could mean a 3 way tie between them and the vikings for the first wild card spot. 3 teams from the nfc west making the playoffs? Could happen.

EDIT- Vikings seahawks play week 14. Interesting....[/QUOTE]

I should be able to do it tonight. I'll be up late playing NHL. So, whenever the last game is done (not even sure how many are left), I'll advance us from the website.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I should be able to do it tonight. I'll be up late playing NHL. So, whenever the last game is done (not even sure how many are left), I'll advance us from the website.[/QUOTE]
right on, i also realized I've been in this league for about 3 or 4 seasons between this and madden 12, and we've never played...what....are you scared of christopher wells? :)

[quote name='billymcdugal']right on, i also realized I've been in this league for about 3 or 4 seasons between this and madden 12, and we've never played...what....are you scared of christopher wells? :)[/QUOTE]

Only if I plan on having sex that night. :lol:

I'm excited about the next five weeks being guaranteed real players. I've had way too many CPU games this year =\

With the offseason coming up I want everyone to know most of the lions will be up for trade. I'm looking for picks not players unless it's a WR. Only untouchables would be stafford, wiles, calvin, and my DB's. Other than that everyone is/will be available.

Also if anyone wants to scrimmage or trade tips/pointers I'm more than open to it just message me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']If you keep winning like you have been all season, I don't think you should be worrying about the offseason.[/QUOTE]

Idk man I've only had 6 games against humans this year (1 going to overtime 2 being close and 3 solid wins) and didn't even make the playoffs last year. Heck I'm only 1-2 against you lol. I don't think I'm unbeatable that's for sure.

ya he is but missing dunlap on the d line really hurts but merriman or however u spell his name is filling in nicely

this game is going to go down to the wire steelers are keeping this one close as of now its 14 all

Bengals get the win over the Steelers in a very good game 17-31
this game was alot closer than the score indicates.

Luck- 9-14 with 164 yards 2TDs 1 INTs 1 fumble
Sproles- 17 carries for 171 yards 2TDs both on long runs also 2 fumbles
Green 5 catches 101 yards 1 TD
Hill 2 catches 49 yards 1 TD
Defense had 7 sacks 3 INT
celements has had 5 INTs in his last 2 games glad to have this guy back

GG HooRox enjoyed playing u very much im really glad u joined the league this year and i cant wait to play u again last in this season

bread's done
Back