CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

Mine wasn't a threat, I already left. Unlike you I do not use it as a threat, and follow through. It's the principle of the matter and the same issues are always brought up. You can throw your tantrums and accusations to have everyone fall in line with what you want, I however will not be a part of it anymore. You bitch and moan about running a league, but a large number of people have expressed a desire to help but you don't care or don't want help. Fine, be an asshole and do want you want with your league. This is my main concern, and if handled better the league would have never run into this problem. I don't need to play this video game or need this.

Most you it was a joy to play Madden with, and i hope we get a chance next year.

I have stated my opinion an even though I disagree with some tactics used to run the league I will continue to follow the rules set forth obviously. I voted to wait because as N8 said, either way we are waiting no matter what option is taken.

For the record I felt I was respectful in expressing my opinion.

[quote name='Blade3D']Mine wasn't a threat, I already left. Unlike you I do not use it as a threat, and follow through. It's the principle of the matter and the same issues are always brought up. You can throw your tantrums and accusations to have everyone fall in line with what you want, I however will not be a part of it anymore. You bitch and moan about running a league, but a large number of people have expressed a desire to help but you don't care or don't want help. Fine, be an asshole and do want you want with your league. This is my main concern, and if handled better the league would have never run into this problem. I don't need to play this video game or need this.

Most you it was a joy to play Madden with, and i hope we get a chance next year.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

[quote name='Lexxon']N8, if you read this, my recommendation is to tune out the thread until your vaca is over. If online fantasy sports bullshit were to cause you to take any time away from some time off, ignore it and get back to it once time allows. Many here appreciate the work you put in for the league and will be here to get things going once you're back and ready.[/QUOTE]

I do want to say thank you to the people who have responded with something similar to this though. Not because I need to be patted on the back and praised for "my efforts" in running the league. But moreso because this is the kind of response I appreciate from someone who I could consider calling a friend. I'm not saying we're all going to become best buddies in here. But to have some kind of understanding that people have lives outside of Madden.

For anyone who cares, I've spent this week watching my 15 month old daughter meet, be afraid of, and eventually play with and hug her 90 year old great grandparents. I'll tell you, life doesn't get much better than that...and it has a way of making you forget about "regular life". But if Madden is the best thing you've got going for you right now and a few days was worth starting a war over, I don't know what to say.

wow, this thread took a crazy turn... so instead of waiting an extra 4 or 5 days to play another whole season of Madden, people would rather quit and not play at all? seems a bit extreme, but ok.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I do want to say thank you to the people who have responded with something similar to this though. Not because I need to be patted on the back and praised for "my efforts" in running the league. But moreso because this is the kind of response I appreciate from someone who I could consider calling a friend. I'm not saying we're all going to become best buddies in here. But to have some kind of understanding that people have lives outside of Madden.

For anyone who cares, I've spent this week watching my 15 month old daughter meet, be afraid of, and eventually play with and hug her 90 year old great grandparents. I'll tell you, life doesn't get much better than that...and it has a way of making you forget about "regular life". But if Madden is the best thing you've got going for you right now and a few days was worth starting a war over, I don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm not 100percent set on the rams is there any way I could check out the other open teams and pick one if people leave...I know I'm new but I know what it takes to run a bigger league and to make it fair and fun is a hard thing to do. ..have a great vaca and forget about this for your last 2 days

Tanaboe gets the first shot at the niners as he is 1st on the waiting list and it has been assumed you would take the Rams from the beginning. I do not think a team swap at this point would be needed.

Also I can't sleep lately. This blows.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Tanaboe gets the first shot at the niners as he is 1st on the waiting list and it has been assumed you would take the Rams from the beginning. I do not think a team swap at this point would be needed.

Also I can't sleep lately. This blows.[/QUOTE]
I'm ok with him getting the next team...I will argue the fact that it is a team swap if I have no team as of yet and won't until friday

[quote name='perdition(troy']]

I feel you there. Tons of crap going on at work and at home = no sleep for me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Tanaboe gets the first shot at the niners as he is 1st on the waiting list and it has been assumed you would take the Rams from the beginning. I do not think a team swap at this point would be needed.

About six months ago I started taking over the counter sleep stuff. My biggest problem was that it would take forever for me to fall asleep, and I work nights so I wasn't getting home until 3-4 am. I started taking Midnight sleep aid pills and I generally fall asleep within 20 minutes. Don't know if it's a placebo affect or if you've already tried but it's worth a shot.

Melatonin over the counter works for me.. but I need 5mg of that stuff. Ambien never works for me. Have over 100 of those pills just laying around colecting dust...Lunesta works about 80% of the time but it's crazy expensive since there's no generic version.
There is a brand called Neuro and they make Neuro-sleep. It's a drink - doesnt taste too bad and they sell it at most gas stations / grocery stores. Works really well for me too

I work 7pm to 7am and have to "reset" my sleep cycle every other weekend. I'm with jza. The midniite chewables are amazing. They seem to work really well for me. They're at Walmart for like 10 bucks for a 30 pack

[quote name='perdition(troy']wow I leave for a few hours and it goes from talking about my hot sister again ( :cry: ) to people getting all pissed over a 3 day delay. Everyone just needs to breathe.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Should we rename this league the insomnia league for next season? Maybe I'll give those midnight sleep aids a try and see how that works. Or just give it another little while. Just so many stressors in my life right now but it should be getting better after this week is over.

[quote name='staticz']Troy we need pics or your sister didn't happen![/QUOTE]

Definitely.

I actually kind of like the way this situation has resolved. The people who had problems before have left and everyone else it still here. I think this league will be alright.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

For anyone who cares, I've spent this week watching my 15 month old daughter meet, be afraid of, and eventually play with and hug her 90 year old great grandparents. I'll tell you, life doesn't get much better than that...and it has a way of making you forget about "regular life". But if Madden is the best thing you've got going for you right now and a few days was worth starting a war over, I don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]

Not going to lie, this kind of touched me. I am glad to hear that your vacation is going well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, surprised by how this thread went last night. While I tend to agree with what doc
and blade were saying (that we wouldn't wait for anybody else and the "I'm calling it a season" bit), it was hardly worth leaving the league over. Nate, enjoy your vaca and we'll get back to league business on Friday! Specifically, the contract issue Troy and I both seem to be thinking of (Troy I'ma let you explain it so that I know we're both on the same thought lol)

[quote name='Dark Rider']Definitely.

I actually kind of like the way this situation has resolved. The people who had problems before have left and everyone else it still here. I think this league will be alright.

Besides blade who left or did you mean In general from the past?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Should we rename this league the insomnia league for next season? Maybe I'll give those midnight sleep aids a try and see how that works. Or just give it another little while. Just so many stressors in my life right now but it should be getting better after this week is over.[/QUOTE]

i take 300mg of trazodone every night prescription i got the insomnia real bad

they actually passed the helmet rule u got to be shitting me. im guessing all power backs get released and the passing game will be the only thing that matters anymore plus alot of new trick plays im guessing as well.

Much better topic of discussion today. If we can keep up the talk of our various medications and ailments, maybe changing the league name to "Grumpy Old Men League" next year will be a good idea, haha.

Also, Dark Rider, I did see your post about clearing my PM's. I don't think I can do that from the CAG mobile site. Not sure if I can get the full version to load on my phone or not.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Much better topic of discussion today. If we can keep up the talk of our various medications and ailments, maybe changing the league name to "Grumpy Old Men League" next year will be a good idea, haha.

Also, Dark Rider, I did see your post about clearing my PM's. I don't think I can do that from the CAG mobile site. Not sure if I can get the full version to load on my phone or not.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an iPhone by chance?

[quote name='staticz']Troy we need pics or your sister didn't happen![/QUOTE]
Z

[quote name='Docb9110']Do you have an iPhone by chance?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the original Galaxy S...aka Epic 4G. Starting to feel like it's on its last legs though. It's been freezing up on me and randomly rebooting a lot lately. It also heats up to like a million degrees when I'm using data. But I was able to load the full site and clear a few messages. Back on the mobile site now though because it's way faster.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Nope, the original Galaxy S...aka Epic 4G. Starting to feel like it's on its last legs though. It's been freezing up on me and randomly rebooting a lot lately. It also heats up to like a million degrees when I'm using data. But I was able to load the full site and clear a few messages. Back on the mobile site now though because it's way faster.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok I was gonna say I use an app called Tapatalk which is available for apple and android! It's specifically for forum sites like cag and it is Amazing! Very easy to read and use plus PM is available and obviously I can chat in the forums. It automatically loads the last read message so you don't have to scroll back through! Very user friendly and like a buck or two.

[quote name='DVO21']they actually passed the helmet rule u got to be shitting me. im guessing all power backs get released and the passing game will be the only thing that matters anymore plus alot of new trick plays im guessing as well.[/QUOTE]

It is like nobody read the rule change before getting angry about it lol. I think people are overreacting a little to much to this rule change. It isn't nearly as bad as people seem to think it is. Also keep in mind that it is only in effect outside the tackle box and in the secondary. You can still lower your shoulder if you want to truck someone. Per Jeff Fisher:

"The new rule prohibits ball carriers and defensive players from initiating contact in the open field with the crown of the helmet. The crown, as explained by Rams coach Jeff Fisher, is the top of the helmet. The facemask and hairline of the helmet may still be used to initiate contact.

Fisher emphasized that ball carriers will be permitted to protect themselves, by dropping their pads and dipping their helmets. A foul arises only if the top of the helmet is used to ram the opponent.

In that way, the new rule is an extension of the rule against spearing, which in NFL parlance means hitting a player who is on the ground with the crown (top) of the helmet.

Also, the blow with the top of the helmet must be “forcible,” a know-it-when-you-see-it standard that could potentially cause reasonable minds to differ. As a result, the decision will be treated as a judgment call, not subject to replay review."

trust me i read it. but i see it as more of a start and every year they will keep adding to it and people will either react like i do or people will just be like its only a minor tweak really and before we know RBs arent even useful anymore in the nfl.

i also think of 3rd and 1 on the goaline with RBs running in head first and all of a sudden its a 15 yard penalty and no TD

[quote name='DVO21']i also think of 3rd and 1 on the goaline with RBs running in head first and all of a sudden its a 15 yard penalty and no TD[/QUOTE]

If its between the tackles then it doesnt matter what they do, which is where they run a 3rd and 1 on the goalline with a runningback going head first. So this play would be unaffected.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Also, Dark Rider, I did see your post about clearing my PM's. I don't think I can do that from the CAG mobile site. Not sure if I can get the full version to load on my phone or not.[/QUOTE]

No big deal. It's not huge. I just had a suggestion for something.

I highly recommend the iPhone. I know it's cool to hate on, but it really works well. I am still rocking my iPhone 4 from a few years ago. Still runs great.

[quote name='DVO21']i take 300mg of trazodone every night prescription i got the insomnia real bad[/QUOTE]

That stuff never worked for me, even at high doses. The only sleep aid that worked for me was Klonopin. But now, the Cymbalta I take for depression puts me right to sleep, even though it has a stimulative effect on most people who take it.

[quote name='Docb9110']Ahh ok I was gonna say I use an app called Tapatalk which is available for apple and android! It's specifically for forum sites like cag and it is Amazing! Very easy to read and use plus PM is available and obviously I can chat in the forums. It automatically loads the last read message so you don't have to scroll back through! Very user friendly and like a buck or two.[/QUOTE]

I swear to god, I have stared at that app countless times wondering if it was any good or not. Thanks!

[quote name='Dark Rider']No big deal. It's not huge. I just had a suggestion for something.

I highly recommend the iPhone. I know it's cool to hate on, but it really works well. I am still rocking my iPhone 4 from a few years ago. Still runs great.[/QUOTE]

I love how its the coolest thing in the world to hate on them. I've still got my 4 and its amazing as always. Highly recommend the iphone.

[quote name='Matt Young']That stuff never worked for me, even at high doses. The only sleep aid that worked for me was Klonopin. But now, the Cymbalta I take for depression puts me right to sleep, even though it has a stimulative effect on most people who take it.[/QUOTE]

Trazodone doest work for me either. Klonopin works but not as a sleep aid on me either lol.. I didnt know ppl use that as a sleep aid. I had it prescribed for use in social situations.

I hate when I play an unranked game and get stuck having to actually play it so I can save a replay of something. Though I do like running fg blitzes the whole game lol

[quote name='Matt Young']That stuff never worked for me, even at high doses. The only sleep aid that worked for me was Klonopin. But now, the Cymbalta I take for depression puts me right to sleep, even though it has a stimulative effect on most people who take it.[/QUOTE]

i started at 50mgs and it stopped working so i just kept taking more they said if i get to the point of 500mg to call to get different pills. i have to take it becuz my heads constantly rushing with thoughts and its the only thing that really turns it off long enough to help me sleep. i also have to take it with pills that help stop body motions in my sleep and dream blocker pills. sleep studies suck big time by the way if someone has had one im sure they know its hard to sleep during one of thoughs things. tons of fucking wires every where. shoulder legs arms chest back head face

i wanted to bring this up again since it didnt get much attention the first time i brought it up...when i first joined the forum hoping to get a team in this league that billymcdugal recomended me for the only open team was the rams. but since i havent been invited yet or assigned a team would i not be entitled to the first choice of team since technically i am the first on the waiting list still? i understand that it has been assumed that i would pick the rams seeing how it was the only open team until last night another team opened up....and since i havent gotten an invite to the league yet that makes it seem like im still first on the waiting list and tanaboe is second...i would like your guys opinion on the subject...please and thank you

[quote name='Yo Soy El Tiger']i wanted to bring this up again since it didnt get much attention the first time i brought it up...when i first joined the forum hoping to get a team in this league that billymcdugal recomended me for the only open team was the rams. but since i havent been invited yet or assigned a team would i not be entitled to the first choice of team since technically i am the first on the waiting list still? i understand that it has been assumed that i would pick the rams seeing how it was the only open team until last night another team opened up....and since i havent gotten an invite to the league yet that makes it seem like im still first on the waiting list and tanaboe is second...i would like your guys opinion on the subject...please and thank you[/QUOTE]

I'd say, if you havent picked a team, you're still considered on the waiting list and can get whatever team is open.

[quote name='Yo Soy El Tiger']i wanted to bring this up again since it didnt get much attention the first time i brought it up...when i first joined the forum hoping to get a team in this league that billymcdugal recomended me for the only open team was the rams. but since i havent been invited yet or assigned a team would i not be entitled to the first choice of team since technically i am the first on the waiting list still? i understand that it has been assumed that i would pick the rams seeing how it was the only open team until last night another team opened up....and since i havent gotten an invite to the league yet that makes it seem like im still first on the waiting list and tanaboe is second...i would like your guys opinion on the subject...please and thank you[/QUOTE]
i think keeping in mind that tiger didn't pick a team, but picked the only team that was open, should allow him to change which team he takes over, especially considering he hasn't been able to join the league yet. It would be different if he had been on board since the other 2 owners joined and then had issues because the 49ers are now open.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did n8 even approve Tanabeo joining? IIRC, there were some issues with some of his play styles last year when he was in this league.[/QUOTE]

i dont think he has and believe ur correct about last year as well

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did n8 even approve Tanabeo joining? IIRC, there were some issues with some of his play styles last year when he was in this league.[/QUOTE]

I think, knowing the sort of player Nate wants to bring in, Tanabeo's tendency to do anything not explicitly stated in the rules (QB hot swap, huge 7-year contracts) would not be the sort of thing Nate would have any patience for.

[quote name='leung19']i'm interested, i'm a newbie for online madden but not madde itself. what do i need to do to sign up for the waiting list?[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Glad to have you! We are currently full, but if you post your information (listed in the OP) we would be happy to put you on the waiting list!

N8 is online
Verdict on tanaebo might be coming soon.
Verdict if tiger grts rams or 49ers maybe coming soon.

Just throwing this out there but I think there needs to be a 2 or 3 year max contracts for this year so that we keep teams from back loading contracts for seasons that we don't plan on playing.

Oh and just fyi idc what team that new guy gets, I forgot he never got the invite. I thought he was going to leave the rams and go to the 49ers.

bread's done
Back