CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Yes I am lol. I was browsing through this app and found your forum been looking and trying to get into a league. All-pro skill but I play on all-Madden not the best player but alright
As long as you familiarize yourself with the rules, you're welcome to join. Luckily for you, the Cardinals are open. I'll try to send you an invite as soon as I can (have to do it in game, since the website sucks and has minimal features). Your first game will be against the Rams, which is a CPU team (the guy who signed up as them hasn't bothered to join yet)...so you shouldn't have any problems getting it played by the 9/22 deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="CAGLeagueSports" post="11074723" timestamp="1379644098"]
As long as you familiarize yourself with the rules, you're welcome to join. Luckily for you, the Cardinals are open. I'll try to send you an invite as soon as I can (have to do it in game, since the website sucks and has minimal features). Your first game will be against the Rams, which is a CPU team...so you shouldn't have any problems getting it played by the 9/22 deadline.[/quote]
Sweet sounds great. I was just looking over the rules :)

And yeah, for everybody else's edification, I figured out how to view other team's rosters on the website. It is the most unintuitive shit ever, lol.

1. Click on the "Teams" tab

2. Find the little diagonal arrow next to your team's name. Click it.

3. Click on the team you want to view.

4. Click the "Trade" button that appears next to that team's name.

5. Voila! The team's roster appears below. It's that simple! lol

And even then, it doesn't appear that you can look at their attributes...something that you could do on the Madden 13 site.

EA Sports...degrading the quality of your entertainment one step at a time.

As long as you familiarize yourself with the rules, you're welcome to join. Luckily for you, the Cardinals are open. I'll try to send you an invite as soon as I can (have to do it in game, since the website sucks and has minimal features). Your first game will be against the Rams, which is a CPU team (the guy who signed up as them hasn't bothered to join yet)...so you shouldn't have any problems getting it played by the 9/22 deadline.

Where are you sending the invite to??

We tried to play Bengals-Bears twice, but my connection kept going out. It was out all day Tuesday, so the phone company had me bring in my modem and exchange it for a brand new one. Hopefully the new one isn't going to be a problem. I have noticed that it's lost connection a few times since I got it, but I hope it's something on their end and unrelated to the modem.

Also, my fullback (I forget his name, something Charles, no well-known player) is #80. Is it cool if I switch it to something in the 30s or 40s? I ran a FB Dive play and he got up and I saw the #80 on his jersey, and thought it was a TE. I actually paused to check if the depth chart was screwed up.

So question regarding a certain position...

Would I be able to play Joique Bell as a FB?  I ask because of a few reasons.

1) The FB that they have for the Lions in the game isn't even on their real-life roster (Chapas I think his name is)

2) The Lions don't use a FB and usually have a 2 RB set consisting of Bell and Bush in the backfield.

It really isn't an upgrade for the OVR rating at the position as Chapas is 68 OVR and Bell at FB would be something in the 40s or 50s (I can look tomorrow to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it was around there).

EDIT: I stand corrected, after a search on Yahoo Fantasy, Chapas is on their roster, but is currently listed as 'Not Active' I'm thinking he could be practice squad maybe?

We tried to play Bengals-Bears twice, but my connection kept going out. It was out all day Tuesday, so the phone company had me bring in my modem and exchange it for a brand new one. Hopefully the new one isn't going to be a problem. I have noticed that it's lost connection a few times since I got it, but I hope it's something on their end and unrelated to the modem.

Also, my fullback (I forget his name, something Charles, no well-known player) is #80. Is it cool if I switch it to something in the 30s or 40s? I ran a FB Dive play and he got up and I saw the #80 on his jersey, and thought it was a TE. I actually paused to check if the depth chart was screwed up.
Orson Charles WAS a tight end, but they just converted him to FB this year. Saw it on Hard Knocks haha

I think you should leave him as #80. That's his number in real life. If anybody wanted to question it, they could go look it up themselves. I think changing it would actually create more confusion. The Titans used Craig Stevens as a FB all last season, and he's #88.

So question regarding a certain position...

Would I be able to play Joique Bell as a FB? I ask because of a few reasons.

1) The FB that they have for the Lions in the game isn't even on their real-life roster (Chapas I think his name is)

2) The Lions don't use a FB and usually have a 2 RB set consisting of Bell and Bush in the backfield.

It really isn't an upgrade for the OVR rating at the position as Chapas is 68 OVR and Bell at FB would be something in the 40s or 50s (I can look tomorrow to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it was around there).

EDIT: I stand corrected, after a search on Yahoo Fantasy, Chapas is on their roster, but is currently listed as 'Not Active' I'm thinking he could be practice squad maybe?
This one, I'm not as sure of, and would like others to weigh in. I get that he's a power back...but most teams have a complementary back these days. I could make the same argument for having Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene in the backfield at the same time. Even if teams are doing it in real life, we have to look at what kind of "Madden effect' it could have. I'm not really familiar with Bell, other than looking at his basic info real quick on NFL.com. But I'd definitely like to hear other thoughts here.

I think you should leave him as #80. That's his number in real life. If anybody wanted to question it, they could go look it up themselves. I think changing it would actually create more confusion. The Titans used Craig Stevens as a FB all last season, and he's #88.

This one, I'm not as sure of, and would like others to weigh in. I get that he's a power back...but most teams have a complementary back these days. I could make the same argument for having Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene in the backfield at the same time. Even if teams are doing it in real life, we have to look at what kind of "Madden effect' it could have. I'm not really familiar with Bell, other than looking at his basic info real quick on NFL.com. But I'd definitely like to hear other thoughts here.
Okay, I guess having it out there now is as good as changing his number. If anyone thinks I'm monkeying with the depth chart, they'll see a record of discussion.

As for Bell in as a fullback, I'm against it. No matter what the Overall is, he's still gonna have higher ratings in certain categories than a normal fullback would have. There are playbooks that have a shotgun 2 RB set if you want to play him and Bush at the same time.

Agree that we shouldn't set a precedent of allowing power HBs to play fullback. It's one of those things where Madden shouldn't reflect real life, like running an offense like Chip Kelly.

On an unrelated note, I feel like the game is striking a good balance on interceptions; if it's a good pass that the defender barely gets to, he usually can't hang on (the exception being a ridiculous one handed pick by Troy Polamalu in an offline game, but still) but if it's a bad pass into coverage, you're turning it over. It feels more authentic than years past.

Where are you sending the invite to??
Guessing you've never played in a league before either? It will be in the game itself. When you go to the "Online Franchise" menu, there should be a section for invites. I'll be sending it within the next hour.

Okay, I guess having it out there now is as good as changing his number. If anyone thinks I'm monkeying with the depth chart, they'll see a record of discussion.

As for Bell in as a fullback, I'm against it. No matter what the Overall is, he's still gonna have higher ratings in certain categories than a normal fullback would have. There are playbooks that have a shotgun 2 RB set if you want to play him and Bush at the same time.
I agree with what everybody has said on this. Designed 2 RB plays are a much better way of getting the desired effect. Putting a player out of position opens up too many "Madden-holes". I think we can just file this one under the "Playing Someone Out of Position" rule in the OP.

So, MVP, there's your answer.

[quote name="CAGLeagueSports" post="11075770" timestamp="1379696336"]
Guessing you've never played in a league before either? It will be in the game itself. When you go to the "Online Franchise" menu, there should be a section for invites. I'll be sending it within the next hour.

I agree with what everybody has said on this. Designed 2 RB plays are a much better way of getting the desired effect. Putting a player out of position opens up too many "Madden-holes". I think we can just file this one under the "Playing Someone Out of Position" rule in the OP.

So, MVP, there's your answer.[/quote]

Alright my GT: kingsparxxxx84
In the game menu or ea sports.com??

You go into "Connected Franchise" on the game and there's an option for "League Invites".

Oh okay Just making sure thanks

CAGLeagueSports would u happen to any other teams open either the cardinals? Just asking cuz I'm doing a franchise with my cards and don't want to play the team's all over again

CAGLeagueSports would u happen to any other teams open either the cardinals? Just asking cuz I'm doing a franchise with my cards and don't want to play the team's all over again
That's not how this league works. This is a fan's league where people play as their favorite team. You're either in or you're out. Decide.

That's not how this league works. This is a fan's league where people play as their favorite team. You're either in or you're out. Decide.

Oh okay no prob man I was just asking I'll play as the cardinals

I did I mean if I make transactions can I or do I post it in here for everyone to see. Like when I resign one of my players I know it says we can't sign a free agent till week 4

I can play the rams now??
Yes, you can go ahead and play that game. Just be aware that there are rules for playing the CPU as well.

Also, just throwing this out there because I see so many people who do it. What do you think posting something with multiple question marks means? I can't figure out if these are things people just aren't taught or they don't realize that it's obnoxious. It basically conveys an exasperated state or a feeling of urgency...where an answer is needed right away. People generally find it annoying. Not trying to come down on you because of course you're new. We were all new at one point. But it's probably not a first impression you want to make.

[quote name="CAGLeagueSports" post="11076184" timestamp="1379704998"]
Yes, you can go ahead and play that game. Just be aware that there are rules for playing the CPU as well.

Also, just throwing this out there because I see so many people who do it. What do you think posting something with multiple question marks means? I can't figure out if these are things people just aren't taught or they don't realize that it's obnoxious. It basically conveys an exasperated state or a feeling of urgency...where an answer is needed right away. People generally find it annoying. Not trying to come down on you because of course you're new. We were all new at one point. But it's probably not a first impression you want to make.[/quote]

Its a habit and I'm just excited to join your league. I'm sorry

Well i lost to the Rams (cpu)25-18 first onside kick recovery pretty awesome was at mid field and threw a deep pass to Andre Roberts and got picked at the 5 with like 10 seconds left.... good game though to many picks.

You know, the NFC South is going to be a really lonely division if dvo doesn't reappear.

Edit: Wait! I just realized the Uber took over the Saints! Maybe it wont be so lonely after all.

The only user matched up against a "CPU team" that shouldn't play is HooRox since he plays the Bucs. Not sure what's going on with DVO, but HooRox has already been PM'd, so he knows the deal there.
I have sent PM to DVO and await a reply. If I don't hear from him tomorrow, I will play the CPU tomorrow night. I will not be interested in playing on Sunday, what with the real life football games, real life beers, etc...

Real life beer

homer_simpson_beer.gif

Ravens broncos going down at 2 EST. hopefully I can stop Peyton unlike what happened 3 weeks ago.

I finally heard back from Sicsonic about our game. He said that he wont have time to play this week due to work. He said to put him on auto. I guess I will just end up playing the CPU.

You know, the NFC South is going to be a really lonely division if dvo doesn't reappear.

Edit: Wait! I just realized the Uber took over the Saints! Maybe it wont be so lonely after all.
Yup, now I just gotta beat the Falcons in my 2nd meeting or they may run away from the division on us haha.

GG Kaster. Haloti Ngata got hung up on on Moreno at that screen on the end. Madden made me rage on that for a few seconds afterwards.

GG Kaster. Haloti Ngata got hung up on on Moreno at that screen on the end. Madden made me rage on that for a few seconds afterwards.
Yeah man, it was a really tense game the whole way. I had terrible coverage on your two TDs but our defenses were solid. I dunno what happened on that last screen. Madden logic strikes again. Good game though, best of luck to you this season.

Bears 21

Bengals 19

Hell of a game to start the season. It was a pick-fest between the QBs, but the defenses played well.

GG, droppinloadz. I don't know what the deal was on that play where Dalton just fell down. That was ridiculous. I was screaming at my TV. I'm glad my connection seemed pretty steady the whole game.

Its a habit and I'm just excited to join your league. I'm sorry
That's totally understandable. Just glad we got it cleared up. Sometimes things tend to spiral until you become known as "that guy", lol. Welcome to the league!

I have sent PM to DVO and await a reply. If I don't hear from him tomorrow, I will play the CPU tomorrow night. I will not be interested in playing on Sunday, what with the real life football games, real life beers, etc...
Sounds good to me. He's really had plenty of time to join by this point, especially considering that I know he's playing his games in the Official League. I'm really torn on this because I totally understand people moving and having a lot going...but at the same time, I feel like the amount of freedom a person is allowed (trading or otherwise) should correlate to the amount of effort they're putting into their team. And considering we've had several people not even bother to join at this point, I can't say it's going to make me think favorably when they want to ship off one of their superstars.

I finally heard back from Sicsonic about our game. He said that he wont have time to play this week due to work. He said to put him on auto. I guess I will just end up playing the CPU.
Well, that should be easy. He hasn't even joined the league yet, lol.

hey guyes i dont think im going to be in the league this year i barely even keep up in the other one at this point if staticz wasnt texting me and telling me i had games i wouldnt have even played them in that league. with working 50 hours a week plus going out as much as possible its just not going to work this year. Well good luck with the league guyes.

hey guyes i dont think im going to be in the league this year i barely even keep up in the other one at this point if staticz wasnt texting me and telling me i had games i wouldnt have even played them in that league. with working 50 hours a week plus going out as much as possible its just not going to work this year. Well good luck with the league guyes.
Understandable....but also completely surprising, lol. Just glad you let us know.

trust me im just as surprised to see myself walk away from madden
Well, now I am guilt free about going ahead and playing my game vs Bucs a little while ago, since I had time. :)

Good luck, DVO. Maybe you'll be back next year.

As for the game, Jets win 24-16. Geno was 8-16 for 251. Mike Goodson had 105 yds and 3(!) TD. Freeman threw two INT, one of which was a user pick, :) Jets def held Martin under 100 yd easy and actually under 70 yd (I think) with no TD.

Bears 21

Bengals 19

Hell of a game to start the season. It was a pick-fest between the QBs, but the defenses played well.

GG, droppinloadz. I don't know what the deal was on that play where Dalton just fell down. That was ridiculous. I was screaming at my TV. I'm glad my connection seemed pretty steady the whole game.
Great game man. Yea, not sure what happened to Dalton that play..Glad we were able to get it played. That was one crazy ending, you had me crazy nervous after that onside kick and during that last pass.

I didn't know it til recently, but DVO is this forum's version of 1980s Ric Flair. ;-) He's going from one territory to the next, just drinkin' and fuckin'.

Titans win a wild one in Pittsburgh...in OT, 23-17. I'm not going to list stats because this game isn't really worth listing stats for (and by "this game", I mean Madden, lol). There were at least 7-8 fumbles in the game, starting with the opening kickoff, where after cracking swift fix's KR, my defender just stood overtop of him like a bad mofo, rather than picking up the ball and trotting into the endzone.

It didn't get much better from there. We basically took turns being "Maddened". After throwing a late pick, I thought I was done for, but then Big Ben fumbled, and I scored the go ahead TD a few plays later. Then, I thought I was going to win...but then swift fix came marching right back and sent the game into OT with a field goal as time expired. Then, I remembered why it's best not to think when playing an EA Sports game, lol.

Seriously, I'm just going to say this, God bless all of you (all of us) for having a love for football. And really, let's keep it friendly this year. This game is not good enough to get angry and worked up over. If stupid shit happens to you, just try to laugh. It's the best thing you can do (something I know I'm going to need to remind myself of many times this year. I've got "Goosfraba" and "Serenity Now" all warmed up). It's incredibly self-evident EA has ridiculously jumped the shark and has no clue what they're doing anymore.

Good game, swift fix. I hope it wasn't entirely infuriating for you.

EDIT - Oh boy...I hope that game actually counted, since i started typing a "gg" message to swift fix as soon as it ended, and now I'm stuck on a "circling Heinz Field" screen. God dammit, EA. It's like you're trying to be fucking retarded.

bread's done
Back