CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

I definitely can't do tonight, and am unsure about tomorrow. I can probably do it tomorrow, but I will have no idea what time I'll be available.  

Just let me know tomorrow if you will be able to find an hour to get this in. I'm busy in the morning and I have lots of stuff to do around the house the rest of the day. However, since I'll be home by noon or so, I should be able to play on fairly short notice most any time, but please try to give me as much advance warning as you can. Best option is a private message, since I'll be notified by email.

It's over! The 2015 Season culminated in a Jets victory over the Redskins by a score of 24-7.

Redskins won the toss, but chose to kick the ball and rely on their #1 ranked defense. The Jets had other plans, however, and moved the ball down the field to score a TD on a 5 yd run by Mike Goodson on the opening drive. On second play of the ensuing Redskins drive, RGIII threw a pass that was intercepted by Dee Milliner. The Jets capitalized on the miscue and took a 14-0 lead on another run by Goodson, this time from 10 yds out. On the next Redskins drive, they moved the ball to the Jets 42 yd line, but were facing a 4th and 3. With a 7mph wind against them, The Redskins chose to go for it on 4th down. That decision worked out as RGIII hit Dez Bryant for a 42 yd TD to close the score to 14-7 with 1:10 left in the 1st half. The Jets moved the ball effectively to the Redskins 37 yd line and still had 1 TO left, but the skins' def came up big with two sacks to knock the Jets out of FG range and went halftime with the Jets up 14-7.

The Redskins moved the opening drive of the 2nd half pretty well, but again RGIII was intercepted, this time by Chris Cook on a pass over the middle. The Jets moved the ball with a combination of passes and runs until Mike Goodson ran for another TD, again from 10 yds out, to give the Jets a commanding 21-7 lead late in the 3rd qtr. On the next Redskins drive, RGIII threw his 3rd INT, and was victimized by Antonio Cromartie this time. The Redskins defense came up with some big plays to force the Jets to go three and out. After the punt, the Redskins moved the ball again, but RGIII was just not on his game in this one and had another pass picked off by Cromartie. The Jets ended up with a 42 yd FG to make the score 24-7. The Redskins faced a 4th down late in the game, but failed to convert. The Jets managed to run out the clock and seal the victory.

Redskins couldn't get anything going on the ground as the Jets held Alfred Morris to 26 yds and stopped RGIII for a 5 yd loss on his lone attempt. The difference was the 4 TOs for the Redskins, vs none for the Jets.

Although Mike Goodson scored three TDs, Madden gave the MVP to Cromartie for his two INTs.

Good game, bfauble. That first INT on your 2nd play, set the tone for the 1st half, but you had a great play to Dez to close it to 7 at the half. The next INT on the opening drive of the 2nd half was probably the turning point.

Selected Jets stats

Geno Smith 7-10, 185 yds, 1 att, -4 yds (7 completions to 5 different receivers)
Mike Goodson 15 att, 63 yds, 3 TD, 1 rec, 9 yds
Jeff Cumberland 3 rec, 70 yds
Stephen Hill 1 rec, 49 yds
Antonio Cromartie, 0 tackles, 2 INT
Antwan Barnes, 1 sack

Selected Redskins stats

RGIII 7-13, 110 yds,TD, 4 INT, 1 att, -5 yds
Alfred Morris 8 att, 26 yds
Cotton Fontenot. 3 rec, 31 yds
Dez Bryant 2 rec, 56 yds, TD
Ryan Kerrigan 3 tackles, 2 sacks
Stephen Bowen, 2 tackles, sack

The worst/best part is that I'm visiting and I was able to experience it firsthand. But I'm confident I can still beat him even now.

Thanks all. Considering how non-competitive I was that first season after I joined in the last Madden 13 league, I am amazed that I made it to this point. It's been a good time and I hope there will be a league to play in the future.

Congrats HooRox.  Thanks to all who played and made it a fun time.  Did much better this time around than I did in '13.  I think I finished 5-10 every season for that league and I was 10-5 or better every season this year.  Of course it helped not having Jacksonville ;)

Yeah, for what this league was this year...with being less than half full probably 3/4's of the time, I think we did pretty good. I could be mistaken, but I think most of the members in this league are 30+ years old too...which I think makes for a little bit of a different atmosphere and different expectations.

Since I did end up picking up an Xbox One, my Madden efforts will be there for next year. Not sure if siradam or staticz still look in on this thread...but thinking ahead, I'm somewhat curious how many people will be looking for an Xbox One Madden league...and if there would be any benefit to combining our numbers.

My biggest concerns in doing so would be pacing (no way I could work with the 2.5 day advancement...though from my perspective, that seemed to burn people out quicker anyway), and the enforcement of the rules. I tried my best this year to run this league with a "rules are rules...and everyone is aware of them" philosophy. So, if scores were ran up, or policies were abused, you take your strike and move on. No need for anything to get personal.

I could definitely see the merits of combining our numbers...but at the end of the day, if we have different beliefs and goals for a Madden league, then that's ok too. I guess we'll have to see how many members we're looking at anyway. Just wanted to throw that out there as we close in on one month till Madden 15. :)

As for wrapping up the Fan's League, thank you to everyone who participated. I hope I didn't botch things too bad along the way, haha. We had some interesting moments all the way to the end, but I tried to handle them as reasonably as EA would allow. Hope to see you guys for Madden 15!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for having me gents. I know I'm still on the fence for Madden 15 but let's be honest, I'll almost certainly get it at some point.

Yeah, I am moving to PS4 this year, but this was the first time I played in a league and was actually competitive most of the time.  Thanks for putting this together.

I like the adjustments to defense they talked about, and making defensive line play relevant and making it fun. But when he said their QBs are very accurate this year, that scares me a bit. They've already been overly accurate. You'd have 2nd and even 3rd string QBs come in and go 14-17, with perfect ball placement. I'm all for getting pressure on the QB, but I just hope the secondary can keep up.

EDIT - Ok, having watched more, they actually address both of those areas (scrub QBs and secondary play). These are pretty huge claims from EA. It's like they're saying "everything is fixed" here. I really hope it lives up to that. Because they're definitely saying all the right things.

EDIT 2 - Wow...AI that learns and no quick snaps after hot routes? What universe is this? I'm really impressed with how many times they've said something like "this was a big exploit, so we did this..." Seriously, I've felt this way the past few years, but the Madden dev team is destroying the NHL dev team at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall that all looked really good in the presentation.  The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that you still can't setup a defensive matchup for a whole game but even then they said it was really high on their wishlist for the future.  

That won't be a huge deal if they fixed the 5 wide crap with the corner covering a TE or HB and a LB on a stud WR.

I think the other thing that might help is streamlining the adjustments. The problem I had in those situations was there was never enough time to switch coverages for the proper players. But now, if allegedly zone defense works and I can press two buttons and alter my coverage (protect the sticks, overtop, underneath, inside, outside, etc)...there SHOULD be enough options to allow you to stop most looks.

That was the reason people had to play quarter coverages and drop 10 defenders back. You'd need safety help over the top, double team the TE, etc. If they're actually doing what they claim and recognizing what ways the game was being played unrealistically and adjusting them, that could go a long way to improving things. But as always, it sounds great on paper, lol. I still give them credit for talking about the exploits so candidly. Sometimes, it feels like the NHL devs won't even admit that their poor programming is being abused.

EA: Take me back, baby. I swear it'll be different this time.

Us: OK, but this is your last chance.

Rinse, repeat.
lol, yeah...a little bit. But the stuff in that livestream did look pretty good. Of course, all it could mean is that the douchebag moves are different. Expecting them to make a hole free game is a little pie in the sky. At the end of the day, this is the only football game in town. They're not even competing with themselves (NCAA) anymore.

bread's done
Back