CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Whew, limping to the end is right, lol. We've got 7 teams left...and for the second week in a row, two of them didn't play their games against the CPU. Packers and Giants, you guys still playing?

We have now advanced to Week 9. Key human vs human games this week are:

Titans (n8rockerasu) vs Bengals (pitfallharry219)

The deadline for Week 9 will be 5/23.

I'm still playing. I always wait to play my CPU games til the last day since they're so boring. Last week, I ended up being really busy on that deadline day and didn't have time to play at all. Yesterday, I knew I needed to play my game, but I chose to do other stuff instead. Hoped to sneak the game in this morning, but you had already advanced.

I really hit a wall with CPU games. I am looking forward to our Super Bowl rematch, though, as well as other user games.

Yeah, I just kind of moved on to other (read MLB The Show haha) games. Meant to pop it in to play this week (was busy the week before) but just never got around to it.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing once it headed to OT. As I said in my XBL message, I don't even know what happened at the end. Madden was telling me to run the ball, and I knew there wasn't time for that...so I had to navigate to special teams on my own...and then I must have pressed the d-pad too many times (I was getting some intermittent lag on my end).

So, then I come out to kneel the ball, and I'm like pressing every button possible...but of course I'm out of timeouts and I can't even audible to spike the ball on 1st down (such a sim game, EA. I hate it when the Titans accidentally kneel the ball in real life, lol). I was just like "Are you kidding me? No..."

Then I just started laughing. Crazy ass game that I got lucky to steal. I'm going to post the stats later, but it's freaking spooky how close our numbers were...like even player stats...even the uniform numbers of the players having those stats, lol (those #18's are no joke). Either way, great game as usual, pitfallharry.

For some reason, AJ Green kept lining up at RB, and it threw me off every time. I don't know why the game was putting him there, but it was pissing me off because I knew it would've been cheesy as hell to throw to him there when he's likely being covered by a LB.

On that play in OT where I threw the interception, I thought I had a perfect play picked, where my main route was a HB angle to the middle of the field. Of course, I break the huddle and there he is in the backfield. So I threw it somewhere else and it was picked off.

I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard at a video game as I did when that clock hit triple zeroes and you were trying to hike it.

Good game. I hope we meet in the playoffs and it's this good of a game.

As promised, Titans vs Bengals stats:

Titans - 34

Bengals - 28

Quick summary, this was a very back and forth game. Several lead changes, and moments where it seemed like both teams could have broken away but didn't. Then, in the 4th quarter, things got really wacky. After forcing a missed field goal, I thought I had things all but wrapped up. Then, I found out what the "all but" meant.

I got the ball down to the Cincinatti 12 yard line with about :21 left. Madden's like "Hey, you should run the ball." I'm like "fuck you, Madden, you're retarded." Madden is like "I heard that." and somehow button lags me into selecting QB Kneel instead of Field Goal. No timeouts...can't audible...I'm fucked. I try kneeling, running a hurry up and spiking the ball...but there just wasn't enough time. To OT we go.

Bengals win the toss (of course). pitfallharry drives down the field, getting very close to field goal range...but obviously, with the OT rules, he wants the TD. Finally, my defense does something and intercepts the ball. A couple plays later, Kenny Britt beats the press and races down the sideline for a 70 yard game winning TD.

Oh, and yeah...pitfallharry, check your 3rd down RB...the times that Green was put back there was always on 3rd down. You know...because Madden thinks that makes as much sense as telling me to run the ball with 0:21 left in a tie game when the other team is out of timeouts, lol.

Titans

Jake Locker - 10-16, 298 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 4 att, 31 yds (pretty sure he didn't run the ball that much...but ya know, he kneeled it, lol)

Chris Johnson - 18 att, 133 yds, 1 TD

Pierre Thomas - 2 att, 5 yds, 1 TD

Kenny Britt - 7 rec, 248 yds, 1 TD

Justin Hunter - 2 rec, 34 yds

Kendall Wright - 1 rec, 16 yds, 1 TD

Bernard Pollard - 2 tackles, 1 INT

Bengals

Andy Dalton - 14-24, 303 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs

Letevin Stead - 16 att, 129 yds, 1 TD, 1 rec, 15 yds

AJ Green - 8 rec, 248 yds, 2 TDs

Malcolm Floyd - 3 rec, 21 yds, 1 TD

Davon House - 2 tackles, 1 INT

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think to check past the regular RB depth chart, but I bet the 3DRB is what's wrong. I think I have Bernard there (he's injured), and then Stead is probably 2nd string, but his stamina blows so he's usually tired by 3rd down. I guess Green is in the next slot on there.

On another note, I think this season is probably the most I've used a running game since I had the Packers way back when. It's easy to do when I have a capable guy. Stead was a nice late-1st rd pickup. Bernard had a great season in real life, but his Madden ratings are still based on not having played a real game yet, so he's pretty mediocre.

I didn't think to check past the regular RB depth chart, but I bet the 3DRB is what's wrong. I think I have Bernard there (he's injured), and then Stead is probably 2nd string, but his stamina blows so he's usually tired by 3rd down. I guess Green is in the next slot on there.
Yeah, it was throwing me off too because obviously, it was assigning a LB to cover him, and I was just like "I don't think I can hot swap all these players fast enough AND make all my regular adjustments". Thanks for not exploiting it. I knew you weren't doing it intentionally. I was just kind of surprised you didn't pause to adjust your depth chart.

Speaking of pausing...to make the game even more out there, when I paused the game in OT, that was because my controller died and I had to change the batteries, lol. Just that kind of game. At least the score was close and we both had odd things happening. Would have been awful if it was all on one side.

All right, we have advanced to Week 10. Key human vs human games this week are:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Jets (HooRox)

The deadline for Week 10 will be 5/28!

Colts hold off the Jets 22-14.  Ended up getting a few big plays from the defense to pull the game out.  Got a safety after I threw a pick inside the 5 in the 2nd quarter and then a sack fumble late to seal the game.

GG HooRox

So I think I'm done with Madden this year. Just have been busy and when I am free, I'm more interested in other games. Thanks for the fun and relative calm guys!

We have advanced to Week 11. Key human vs human games this week are:

Packers (Matt Young) vs Titans (n8rockerasu)

The deadline for Week 11 will be 6/1.

Titans - 31

Packers - 14

Titans win the Super Bowl rematch. Tennessee won the coin toss, elected to defer and rely on their defense to set the tone for the game. An early INT by Miles Burris did just that, setting up the Titans offense for a quick TD and forcing Green Bay to play catch up the rest of the way.

The Packers did tie the game up on their following drive. But that is as close as they would get, as 3 more Aaron Rodgers INTs would seal Green Bay's fate. Good game, Matt. Like you said, after getting down early, you had to take chances.

Titans

Jake Locker - 10-14, 196 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT

Chris Johnson - 13 att, 79 yds, 2 TDs

Delanie Walker - 4 rec, 78 yds, 1 TD

Kenny Britt - 4 rec, 75 yds, 1 TD

Jason McCourty - 1 tackle, 2 INTs

Zaviar Godden - 3 tackles, 1 IN'T

Miles Burris - 1 INT

Packers

Aaron Rodgers - 7-18, 126 yds, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 att, 3 yds

Eddie Lacy - 9 att, 62 yds, 1 rec, 3 yds

Jermichael Finley - 3 rec, 43 yds, 1 TD

James Jones - 2 rec, 63 yds, 1 TD

Tramon Williams - 1 INT

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Week 12. There would have been a human vs human game this week, but the Giants owner has dropped...without actually dropping (boo, Rob). So, pitfallharry, if I don't have him kicked by the time you want to play the game, just holler at me. I'll try to remember to do it soon...but I have been known to forget, lol.

The deadline for Week 12 will be 6/6.

Gotta love the Madden injury logic.  Had Greg Toler get hurt in my CPU game and he was holding his ankle after the play, then they show him going to the locker room holding his ribs.  He will miss 4 weeks with a partially torn groin.

Gotta love the Madden injury logic. Had Greg Toler get hurt in my CPU game and he was holding his ankle after the play, then they show him going to the locker room holding his ribs. He will miss 4 weeks with a partially torn groin.
Maybe he did this? :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaIyXG4jpw[/youtube]

We have advanced to Week 13. Key human vs human games this week are:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Titans (n8rockerasu)

Redskins (bfauble83) vs Bengals (pitfallharry219)

The deadline for Week 13 will be 6/10.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 15. Our lone human vs human game this week is:

Bengals (pitfallharry219) vs Jets (HooRox)

The deadline for Week 15 will be 6/19.

We have advanced to Week 16 (woo...almost there, lol). I hadn't received any word from either the Bengals or the Jets...so that game got simmed. There are no human vs human games for this coming week.

The deadline for Week 16 will be 6/23.

My mindset was if HooRox contacted me about it, I would play. Otherwise, I didn't give a shit. LOL. I think about everybody is ready to take this year's league out behind the barn and shoot it.

The only time I've turned my 360 on in the past couple weeks was yesterday so I could redeem a few of those $5 Microsoft codes from the Gamestop contest. Other than that, I've been pretty wrapped up with Mario Kart 8.

Yeah, same here for me regarding the 360, although I do check this thread to see if I have a game with an actual person. Stopped caring about CPU games early this season. PlayStation 4 and Mario Kart 8 took up many hours.

Yeah, sorry about being incommunicado. I was on travel all week (left Mon and just returned this evening). I meant to post or IM pitfallharry before I left, but it slipped my mind. Seems like he didn't really mind, though. Ha ha. Hopefully the playoffs will be entertaining.

We have advanced to Week 17. Key human vs human games this week are:

Packers (Matt Young) vs Redskins (bfauble83)

The deadline for this week will be 6/27.

I knew this was coming. One last chance to get my ass kicked before the playoffs.

Tomorrow would be the best day for me. I can play at 6:30 P.M. EST or after.

I knew this was coming. One last chance to get my ass kicked before the playoffs.

Tomorrow would be the best day for me. I can play at 6:30 P.M. EST or after.
Lol, I'm coming off of a loss to the CPU, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I probably can't play until sometime after 7 EST tomorrow...probably closer to 7:30, will that work?

Yeah. I can get on at 7:30 Eastern. I haven't played any CPU games since early in the season, so my last game was against Nate. That was weeks ago.

Ok, guys! We have made it to the playoffs! Crazy that we're actually finishing up a 3rd season. Sadly, the timing of things is going to have to knock me out finishing this season. I'm going on vacation on 7/2 and I won't be home until 7/11. Obviously, since we're just trying to get this over with, I'm not going to hold up the league for this...and I'd feel like a jackass if I somehow ended up winning every Super Bowl anyway.

I'll still be able to advance the league and update the thread, so I can finish us up in that capacity. But we will have a new champion.

As for the wild card round, in the NFC, it's all CPU teams, as our two remaining human teams there both got first round byes. On the AFC side, the Colts and Bengals square off, with the Jets facing the CPU Browns in the other matchup.

The deadline for this round will be 7/1. I'd like to advance us in the evening on 7/1 (since I'm leaving the next day), so please try to have these games done on time. Thanks, guys!

Colts over Bengals in a tight game.  FG as time expired to win 17-14.  Both offenses either went right down the field or turned the ball over.

Bengals scored with less than 30 seconds left but I got a return to midfield and a few good plays to set up a 35 yard FG.  Barely made it with my shitty kicker.  He has a horrible leg even with a power rating in the mid 80's.

Colts over Bengals in a tight game. FG as time expired to win 17-14. Both offenses either went right down the field or turned the ball over.

Bengals scored with less than 30 seconds left but I got a return to midfield and a few good plays to set up a 35 yard FG. Barely made it with my shitty kicker. He has a horrible leg even with a power rating in the mid 80's.
Yeah, great game. Like I said, not a bad way to end the year. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the playoffs.

Ok, guys. We have advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs. It's kind of funny how things worked out. With me having to bow out from this season, it created a scenario where all four remaining human players get to play the CPU this week.

That means your fate is in your own hands, and hopefully, we'll see all four of you in the championship round next week. That would be a great way to wrap this league up. And with myself and pitfallharry out of it, we're also guaranteed to have a first time ever champion...so that's pretty awesome too.

I put myself on autopilot, so no worries there, and I will have internet access to at least advance the league from the website. The deadline for this round will be 7/5! Good luck to you all!

Still can't beat the Titans.  Defense and receivers just didn't show up for the Colts.  Had like 5 drops in the 4th quarter and the secondary just wouldn't cover anybody, especially Walker.

Titans hold on 31-28.  Sucks to end with a loss to the CPU but good luck with the rest of the playoffs everybody.

bread's done
Back