CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Bengals sign CB Davon House.

Bah. I just tried to play my preseason game and I couldn't because I guess I don't have a kicker. Is it okay if I sign one?

I was going to re-sign him and drop one of my rookies since the CPU automatically cut him before the draft. Is there anything that can be done now? I'm not actually able to sign on to Live for another hour.
I'm confused by this because I know in previous Maddens, if you didn't get down to 46 players (or minus however many draft picks you had), the CPU would cut players...but I didn't think it did that anymore since we have actual pre-season cuts now. Are you sure House wasn't just a free agent that didn't resign?

In any event, it seems pitfallharry needs a kicker anyway. Might make more sense to use your free agent choice on that since you'll be needing one anyway. I'm not sure it's exactly fair to let you ignore your team's needs when you actually have a chance to sign a free agent now.

I re-signed all the free agents I wanted to keep. None turned me down. The only guys I "lost" were contracts I chose not to renew. I'll be on the game in approximately 30 minutes as I was planning to get on to sign a much needed free agent anyway. I'll look at my roster and the free agents and sort out what happened. I signed off after the 4th round of the draft and haven't been back on since.

I'm confused by this because I know in previous Maddens, if you didn't get down to 46 players (or minus however many draft picks you had), the CPU would cut players...but I didn't think it did that anymore since we have actual pre-season cuts now. Are you sure House wasn't just a free agent that didn't resign?

In any event, it seems pitfallharry needs a kicker anyway. Might make more sense to use your free agent choice on that since you'll be needing one anyway. I'm not sure it's exactly fair to let you ignore your team's needs when you actually have a chance to sign a free agent now.
I don't think I'm really ignoring my need. Like I said, I missed much of the offseason, so I didn't even realize I lost my kicker. I don't know where he went. I'll just wait and take a kicker with my selection in the second FA period if that's okay.

Also, I only have 47 players, including Gilchrist.  Apparently I lost a lot of guys in pre-draft FA and since I was unable to make any offers, I'm a little shorthanded.  Is there going to be an open FA period after the two draft style rounds?

Sorry I didn't get this posted sooner, guys. Been a busy day. We'll start the second round of free agency selections now. Group 1, you may now select a second free agent.

Group 1 - Free Agent #1 - Free Agent #2

Giants - Nnamdi Asomugha, CB

Broncos - Tommy Kelly, DT

Panthers (99% sure Dark Rider is done...but I didn't want to boot him until that 1% is ruled out)

Colts - Domenik Hixon, WR - Mark Ingram, RB

Group 2 - Free Agent #1 - Free Agent #2 - May select FREE AGENT #2 at 10 AM ET on 4/9

Redskins - Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, DT - Brad Smith, WR

Bengals - Davon House, CB

Jets - Marcus Gilchrist, SS

Packers

Titans - Quincy Black, ROLB - Thomas Davis, LOLB

Remember, post your signing in the thread first, as this reserves the player for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I only have 47 players, including Gilchrist. Apparently I lost a lot of guys in pre-draft FA and since I was unable to make any offers, I'm a little shorthanded. Is there going to be an open FA period after the two draft style rounds?
Yes, we'll open it back up after these two rounds.

Giants are at 53 players (after some cuts) so I won't be adding anyone else.

I have a couple of quick questions.

1) I'd like to start Mikel LeShoure and make David Wilson the backup for my next game. Actually I'd like to alternate this the rest of the preseason. Is that ok? I don't want anyone to think I'm XP mining with Wilson, I just want to get a better sense of who is going to be my starter there.

2) What is the policy on changing players' positions? I'd like to make my backup RG my LG (not just in the depth chart, but edit him). Is that ok? What about DE to DT?

Also, I just noticed that Eli Manning is a FA after this season. I don't know if a fourth season will happen, but that should be interesting.

Giants are at 53 players (after some cuts) so I won't be adding anyone else.

I have a couple of quick questions.

1) I'd like to start Mikel LeShoure and make David Wilson the backup for my next game. Actually I'd like to alternate this the rest of the preseason. Is that ok? I don't want anyone to think I'm XP mining with Wilson, I just want to get a better sense of who is going to be my starter there.

2) What is the policy on changing players' positions? I'd like to make my backup RG my LG (not just in the depth chart, but edit him). Is that ok? What about DE to DT?

Also, I just noticed that Eli Manning is a FA after this season. I don't know if a fourth season will happen, but that should be interesting.
I think both of those things are fine. It's not like LeShoure or Wilson are vastly separated...and as long as neither is playing an entire game and you're allowing the game to automatically sub out starters, this shouldn't be an issue.

And RG to LG and even DE to DT are fairly minute changes. I don't see a problem with that at all.

As for a 4th season...haha, there's probably a 0.0001% chance of that happening. We should be somewhere around July at that point...and will be approaching the release of Madden 15. Obviously, I have no clue what is in store or what system people will be on for Madden 15, but I'm fairly confident most of us will be done with this game at that point.

On that note, I hope nobody minds, but I'm going to advance us to Pre-Season Week 2 now. I'm assuming most people aren't terribly concerned with pre-season games...other than maybe trying out new players. But is a 2 day advancement for pre-season ok with everybody?

Sorry, I haven't ever posted saying that I was done. I feel like I have overcome my Madden fatigue, and I would like to come back for a season. It's been really busy, and I have just been preoccupied with other stuff. 

I see I have my work cut out for me. Someone has to dethrone n8 though. ;)

Edit: Is it alright if I sign my two free agents?

Sorry, I haven't ever posted saying that I was done. I feel like I have overcome my Madden fatigue, and I would like to come back for a season. It's been really busy, and I have just been preoccupied with other stuff.

Good luck without Cam, lol.

Gotta love that Madden CPU logic.

I would love to stick with this game over Madden 2015 if only for the fact that it will mean I won't have to buy 2 copies (this and PS4) of the new one in August.

Edit: Is it alright if I sign my two free agents?
Yes, feel free to sign your two free agents. Just post them in the thread so we'll have record of it.

I have Wes Welker now? WTF?
Haha, yep...and Ryan Fitzpatrick as your starting QB, I think. You're just lucky I thought to put you on autopilot throughout free agency...otherwise your team would probably be in pieces. I can't say the moves the CPU made for you were smart...but at least they made moves.

Yes, feel free to sign your two free agents. Just post them in the thread so we'll have record of it.

Haha, yep...and Ryan Fitzpatrick as your starting QB, I think. You're just lucky I thought to put you on autopilot throughout free agency...otherwise your team would probably be in pieces. I can't say the moves the CPU made for you were smart...but at least they made moves.
It could be worse. I am going to start the kid I drafted last year in the first round with 97 speed.

I barely survived the Chargers in OT. No joke: I threw interceptions on each of Dalton's first four passes. I guess I'm a little rusty.
I think the Chargers just get Madden help in the preseason. I played them in week 1 and fumbled the opening kickoff and then on my first offensive drive too. Always nice to start out down 14-0 with something I have no control over.

It beats watching Cam Newton come out after the first quarter and then get Kaepernick the rest of the game. Oi that wasn't fun.

Yeah, my game against the CPU Bears was odd. I couldn't do anything with my starters...and the 1st quarter finished in a 0-0 tie. Then, my backups went bananas...with DuJuan Harris averaging 14 yards per carry, and my rookie QB going 4-6. His only incompletions were INTs on new passing plays I wanted to try. I also really enjoyed having Jurrell Casey and Marcell Dareus on my defensive line. Dareus had 3 sacks, and my rookie DE had 2 sacks of his own. John Skelton is laughably bad. :lol:

This also happened in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUg4EUkYVBQ

I'll be the first to admit that kick returns are too easy and can be exploited. But that shouldn't be to offset horrible blocking like that. You can probably guess that #51 ends up making the tackle. If Campbell had blocked him like he should have easily done, it would have been a TD. Not a huge deal, but it stood out to me as a glaring example of EA breaking the game in one direction to balance out them breaking it in another direction. Two wrongs don't make a right...but they can make an EA Sports game.

Nice to see the CPU Vikings playing Adrian Peterson all game as they are getting blown out. He was in as a WR when they went to 3 or more wide.

So far Ingram has been fun as my backup to Bradshaw.  2 carries for 162 yards and a TD in this game.  Would have been two 80+ yard TD runs but got tackled at the 1 yard line from behind on the second one.  But it is probably just because of the crappy 2nd string AI defenses.

Jets claim MLB Sean Spence.  When Is open FA going to start?  I still have a couple of positions with no, or at best, minimal depth.

Why don't we say open free agency will begin tomorrow (4/10) at 10AM ET?

And for that matter, let's have the deadline for pre-season Week 2 be tomorrow as well. I really doubt most people need more than a game or two to figure out any question marks on their team...and most of us probably want to get to games that count anyway.

Just for giggles, I looked at the Dolphins roster. Before they signed Newton and Kaepernick, they already had an 83-overall Ryan Tannehill. Oh Madden.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 3 of the preseason. Surprisingly, there's several human vs human games this week. Obviously, no big pressure on anyone to play them...and we'll keep the deadline set at 2 days just to get through these games. So, that would put the deadline at 4/12.

And in case anybody missed it, free agency is now open.

Apparently the game won't let you move a halfback to fullback.  Vick Ballard was going to be my 4th string HB but is rated 90 at fullback but the game won't let me change his position so it shows I am not carrying the 1 required FB.  So I am going to have to carry a useless FB on roster even if I never play them.

Apparently the game won't let you move a halfback to fullback. Vick Ballard was going to be my 4th string HB but is rated 90 at fullback but the game won't let me change his position so it shows I am not carrying the 1 required FB. So I am going to have to carry a useless FB on roster even if I never play them.
I'm pretty sure that's what everybody does, lol. And we had a discussion at one point about using a power RB at FB and people were mostly against it (I think the player in question was Joique Bell).

I must have missed that discussion earlier, found it pretty easily now.  I will resign Havili so I have a fullback to play at position since I can't use Ballard.

I'm pretty sure that's what everybody does, lol. And we had a discussion at one point about using a power RB at FB and people were mostly against it (I think the player in question was Joique Bell).
That's funny, I was going to ask about that. I drafted a 6-foot-6, 245 lb running back and was wondering about that.

Ok, we have advanced to the final week fo the preseason. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the regular season and really curious to see if my team can maintain its level of play.

The deadline will be 4/14.

All right, happy tax day, everybody. We have advanced to the regular season! Our key human vs human games for this week are:

Jets (Hoo Rox) vs Titans (n8rockerasu) - a rematch of the AFC Championship game and week 1 of the preseason, lol. Really glad we didn't bother with that preseason game considering Madden decided to do this anyway.

All right, happy tax day, everybody. We have advanced to the regular season! Our key human vs human games for this week are:

Jets (Hoo Rox) vs Titans (n8rockerasu) - a rematch of the AFC Championship game and week 1 of the preseason, lol. Really glad we didn't bother with that preseason game considering Madden decided to do this anyway. <3 EA Scheduling.

The deadline for this week will be 4/18.
I never knew that NFL scheduled teams to play in the preseason & regular season, but this year the Seahawks & Broncos actually play in pre & reg seasons...weird.

Jets (Hoo Rox) vs Titans (n8rockerasu) - a rematch of the AFC Championship game and week 1 of the preseason, lol. Really glad we didn't bother with that preseason game considering Madden decided to do this anyway. <3 EA Scheduling.

The deadline for this week will be 4/18.
Yeah, I'm glad we didn't play the preseason game, too. After that beating in the championship game, I'm glad the Jets aren't in your division. :whistle2:0

Great to start off the season with a hardcore Maddening.  Every play that could have gone against me did.  I couldn't get anything going and every ridiculous break went to the Dolphins, broke a 35 yard run and fumbled on a shoestring tackle.  Also would have been nice for my defense to cover anyone or catch any one of the 4 picks they dropped that hit them in the hands.

Titans - 21

Jets - 17

YEESH! I feel like I just got punched in the mouth in this game, lol. Hoo Rox was all over my ass in the 1st half. I couldn't stop Mike Goodson to save my life and any time I made a mistake, it seemed like he capitalized on it. This led to a 17-7 Jets lead nearing the end of the 1st half...with the Jets having a chance to add more following a second Jake Locker INT. But instead of kicking the field goal, New York decided to push its luck, and Geno Smith threw an INT of his own with 0:05 left in the half.

At the time, this seemed fairly insignificant, but it ended up being the turning point of the game. The Titans came out of the half with renewed vigor, riding Chris Johnson down the field (God, I'm going to hate Madden 15...*sigh*) for his second TD of the game, pulling Tennessee within 3.

The next Jets possession resulted in their first punt of the game, as the Titans' defense was finally able to put up a stop. With possession of the ball for the first time in the game trailing by less than 7 points, Tennessee would not waste the opportunity, as Jake Locker found Delanie Walker on a 9 yard out pattern for the go ahead score. A final Geno Smith INT would give the Titans the ball back, and they were able to grind the clock out with a little mix of CJ and Pierre Thomas, picking up a final 1st down at the Jets 1 yard line before kneeling to end the game.

Hell of a game, Hoo Rox. Like I said, I feel like Houdini with these wins because I feel more like I'm escaping than actually winning. I'm glad I finally found some defensive plays that worked in the 2nd half, but at the same time, I always wonder how much of it is EA tilt. My run defense in the 1st half was so bad, I went to a 5-2 with flat zones a couple times and Goodson would still gain 7 yards, lol. Then, in the 2nd half...I run nickel cover 3's and stopping the run. I'm really not sure that that makes any sense...but whatever, Madden, haha. Good game, again.

Titans

Jake Locker - 8-11, 136 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

Chris Johnson - 20 att, 157 yds, 2 TDs

Kenny Britt - 4 rec, 89 yds

Delanie Walker - 3 rec, 36 yds, 1 TD

George Wilson - 3 tackles, 1 INT

Bernard Pollard - 2 tackles, 1 INT

Jets

Geno Smith - 5-9, 102 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 1 att, 28 yds

Mike Goodson - 11 att, 122 yds, 2 TDs, 2 rec, 9 yds

Jeff Cumberland - 2 rec, 44 yds

Santonio Holmes - 1 rec, 52 yds