CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

This version feels like a Mario Party game. No matter how good you are, you can always count on those random ass bonus stars to screw you over.
LMAO...it does! It's exactly like Mario Party!

"Yes, I only have 3 more spaces and I get the last star."

*fuck YOU! GO BACK TO START!*

"Damn you, Mario Party!!!!"

Yeah, that's why I was one of the all time best in Mario Party 2.

And let me just say that I'm glad we dodged the bullet on Timbo Slice trying to join this league. Holy fuck.

I have no idea where we are sitting right now but with clearing up a couple games as vs CPU, any chance we advance this afternoon/before football start?

I have no idea where we are sitting right now but with clearing up a couple games as vs CPU, any chance we advance this afternoon/before football start?
me and joey are playing our game after the 4pm football games. so i dont think were advancing before then at the earliest

Sorry. Early advances aren't really our thing. And I definitely don't want to start the habit of pestering that goes on in the Official League. Things are much more casual in here.

So I haven't heard anything from the Patriots since Wednesday. Am I able to play his CPU at this point?
Yeah, but I doubt he's on auto-pilot. And it's going to be a little while before I'm able to get to that. I think that guy is about done. I'm pretty sure he signed up for 2-3 Madden leagues, and now all of a sudden has abandoned all of them. It takes a special guy to have that lack of self-awareness. If I could just boot him from the website, I'd do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting the Partiots on auto pilot now. Feel free to play that game as soon as you can, Twick.

EDIT - Derp...nevermind, lol. He was also one of the ones who never bothered to join. So, yeah. I'm just going to revoke his invite. Obviously, you can still play this game at anytime.

Another topic of conversation...there is a slider for fumbles. The default is 50. Anyone think it should be turned down? If so, to what?

Another topic of conversation...there is a slider for fumbles. The default is 50. Anyone think it should be turned down? If so, to what?

I don't think so

I'm good with where the fumble setting is. I had a couple fumbles in my game but they were warranted..one was a Cutler scramble, another was when Forte got hit while trying to do a move.

So how about the Panthers absolutely demolishing the Giants? :D

In other news, I played the Seahawks vs Panthers CPU game. I won 28-14.

Also, I think the fumble setting is fine where it is.

Man, what in the hell is up with my first games being ridiculous abnormalities? lol...people are going to start thinking I'm making shit up. Chris Johnson had 2 fumbles in mine and swift fix's game alone...one of which came when I tried to utilize EA's stupid "precision modifier" leap over the line play at the goalline where it seemed like he wasn't touched (other than maybe hitting the ball on one of his own lineman's helmet). Then, I think both QBs had fumbles, fumbles on kickoffs, receiver fumbles. Honest to God, we had at least 6 or 7. But yeah, if this is an aberration, I'll accept it. I just don't know why EA keeps fucking with me, lol.

The CPU Patriots had no answer for CJ Spiller today as he set an NFL record with 364 yards rushing in a blowout. If only he could do that in real life :(

The CPU Patriots had no answer for CJ Spiller today as he set an NFL record with 364 yards rushing in a blowout. If only he could do that in real life :(
573 yards of offense against the CPU, and it looks like Fred Jackson only had 3 carries. Direct violation of this:

There will be times during this franchise that you will have to play the CPU. Whether it's because that team is currently without an owner or the owner is just unavailable to play, these games should be approached in the same manner as games against a human opponent. General expectations are that CPU games are "easy wins". It is also acknowledged that CPU teams do not manage the clock well and will frequently turn the ball over when they are behind. Of course, you can run your offense and play the game normally. But once the 4th quarter begins, if you have more than a 2 score lead, you should be running the ball and chewing up clock. If you are a running team, you should also strongly consider bringing in your backups to not only avoid accusation...but injury as well. Running up the score and mining XP for your players will not be tolerated and anyone discovered to be doing so will receive a strike.
Hope you've got an explanation.

573 yards of offense against the CPU, and it looks like Fred Jackson only had 3 carries. Direct violation of this:

Hope you've got an explanation.
I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't aware of this rule. It was not intentional. CJ had 3 carries of about 80 yards apiece in the first half when the score was still close. About halfway thru the third quarter I started running out the clock (no pun intended) and it didn't even dawn on me to put in my backups. Once the notification on the screen popped up that CJ had broken the record I started throwing the ball more and stopped running with him. To be fair he only had like 22 carries, it's not like I ran the ball every single play. My pass/run ratio was around 50/50. Also, I figured nobody would care since it was against the CPU. I didn't even realize that we rack up XP during these games (never used it before).

Anyways, now that I am aware of the rule, I won't do it again. As you know, I was in the "Gentleman's League" last year and dropped out after week 5 when I was 0-5 and getting blown out every week. I was honestly so surprised that I was playing so well I had to pause the game to check if the difficulty was on "rookie" or something. I was expecting the CPU games to be much more difficult as I remember losing to them both times last year.

Anyways, I'm sorry to anyone I may have offended, believe me it was not intentional.

FWIW I noticed that Adrian Peterson also had close to 350 yards this week.  Not sure if that was against a user or the CPU tho...

FWIW I noticed that Adrian Peterson also had close to 350 yards this week. Not sure if that was against a user or the CPU tho...
Well, that was against a human opponent, but the more relevant issue there is it was only a 10 point game. In close games, you can obviously leave your starters in. The issue is when the game is well in hand, no reasonable NFL coach would risk injury to his star players (and considering injuries in this game, that's taking a hell of a chance). There were a couple other blowout games I looked at (Chiefs/Jags, Dolphins/Browns), but their numbers weren't quite as gaudy, and the blowouts weren't as bad. Whether or not this means they chewed clock more than you, I can't determine. The post-game stats only show so much.

But by your own admission though, once you realized Spiller had broken the yardage record in the 3rd quarter, you decided to start throwing the ball? I really hope that didn't continue into the 4th quarter...as that becomes its own issue. I did see you had 4 passing TDs as well.

I understand where you're coming from though, and yeah...I know you didn't play much or find a lot of success last year. But this is a separate matter, and it's a rule violation on its own merit. And everyone who joins this league is expected to read over, be aware of, and abide by the rules. They're in the OP in detail. But nothing about this needs to be personal or inflammatory. It happens and we have consequences for it. So, I'm going to give you your warning strike on this. I hate to do that so early, but I really really want things to be as cut and dry as possible this year. If somebody is out of line, they get a strike, and we move on.

No hard feelings. I doubt anybody is going to hate you over it, and it's obviously not a reflection of your character. You overlooked a rule, and that's the way it goes. It's like missing a speed limit sign. It happens. But I do hope this serves as motivation to take a closer look at the rules and policies as written in the OP (obviously, that's something for everyone else to consider as well).

@AttackingMVP Wednesday or Thursday early morning this week let me know thanks
While members are expected to keep up with this thread, you should be sending your opponent a private message to schedule your game. You can easily do this by looking in the first post of this thread, finding his team, and clicking on his CAG username. Thanks!

I have to admit that I also missed the section about CPU rules in the OP. While I genuinely couldn't care less about anyone thrashing the CPU and re-writing the record book, I will obviously respect the rule going forward (even though I didn't do that much out of the ordinary) .

I have to admit that I also missed the section about CPU rules in the OP. While I genuinely couldn't care less about anyone thrashing the CPU and re-writing the record book, I will obviously respect the rule going forward (even though I didn't do that much out of the ordinary) .
It's not about rewriting the record book. The issue is earning an absurd amount of XP that allows you to turn your players into superheroes and further exploit an already poorly programmed game. I don't expect people to be gaining 370 yards of rushing every week, but it's still wise to have limits in place.

And like it was mentioned before, if you used Miller (or Twick used Spiller) one more time in the 4th quarter...up by 4+ scores...and he breaks his leg and is out 12 weeks, that would seem pretty silly wouldn't it?

But yeah, the biggest difference between the two of you is Miller had 7 fewer attempts and about 200 less yards. I'm sure Spiller was having a better game prior to the 4th quarter...but really, that's all the more reason to ease up and give him a break in the 4th.

And mostly, this league had some issues with people running up the score and mining XP against the CPU (ironically with the Bills). Just want to cut that off before it starts.

welp, the Madden gods have their own way of fucking you regardless.  In my week 2 game today against the Panthers I was up 33 - 14 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter and our game "desynced".  Spiller was having another great game with around 150 yards rushing and Cam Newton was throwing picks like it was his job.  After restarting Spiller picks up 40 yards on my first drive and then goes down with an injury a minute into the game and is done for the day.  Fred Jackson wasn't up to the task and the Panthers went on to win 21-7 in the rematch.

It just goes to show you that the Madden gods have their own Karma.  :-({|=

Also I noticed that some teams (CPU and users) have started re-signing their own players.  Are we allowed to do that now?

welp, the Madden gods have their own way of fucking you regardless. In my week 2 game today against the Panthers I was up 33 - 14 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter and our game "desynced". Spiller was having another great game with around 150 yards rushing and Cam Newton was throwing picks like it was his job. After restarting Spiller picks up 40 yards on my first drive and then goes down with an injury a minute into the game and is done for the day. Fred Jackson wasn't up to the task and the Panthers went on to win 21-7 in the rematch.

It just goes to show you that the Madden gods have their own Karma. :-({|=
Yeah good game(s)! I was playing so badly in that first game. It was such a weird desync. It came up on screen and said it was rebooting (or something like that), then it tried to replay the last play several times in row until it kicked us both out. Not going to lie, I was happy to get a second chance at the game. However, I really did feel bad that Madden screwed you over, as you had pretty much won that game.

Also, there is typically no problem with resigning your players when the season starts. You just can't sign free agents yet.

Nate, are we doing anything for disconnects like we did with NHL last year where the teams get the score to what it was, possession, and time left, and then continue from there?

EDIT: Also, how are we working it if you and your opponent more than likely can't get a mutual time?  I say that because looking at the Cards availability, I see he only has 3 hours each day that are 9-12 AM MST.  I unfortunately am no way able to play in the AMs since I am gone from 5A-3P EST for work.

Nate, are we doing anything for disconnects like we did with NHL last year where the teams get the score to what it was, possession, and time left, and then continue from there?

EDIT: Also, how are we working it if you and your opponent more than likely can't get a mutual time? I say that because looking at the Cards availability, I see he only has 3 hours each day that are 9-12 AM MST. I unfortunately am no way able to play in the AMs since I am gone from 5A-3P EST for work.

Yes that's cuz I worknights I get off of work at 10pm I'm free after I get home witch is around 10:40pm. But I'm free Saturday evening. I sent you a private message @mvp828

welp, the Madden gods have their own way of fucking you regardless. In my week 2 game today against the Panthers I was up 33 - 14 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter and our game "desynced". Spiller was having another great game with around 150 yards rushing and Cam Newton was throwing picks like it was his job. After restarting Spiller picks up 40 yards on my first drive and then goes down with an injury a minute into the game and is done for the day. Fred Jackson wasn't up to the task and the Panthers went on to win 21-7 in the rematch.

It just goes to show you that the Madden gods have their own Karma. :-({|=
Wow, that sucks. Not the kind of "punishment" I was trying to send your way. Leave it to EA to always one up me, lol.

Also I noticed that some teams (CPU and users) have started re-signing their own players. Are we allowed to do that now?
If you're referring to people re-signing their own players (ie. offering contract extensions) as Dark Rider alluded to, then yes, that is 100% allowed. But human controlled teams going and signing current free agents is not allowed at this time. If you have examples of people doing that, please let me know. I looked at the news ticker last night, but it tends to get fairly crowded with worthless information. So, it's entirely possible that I missed something.

EDIT: Also, how are we working it if you and your opponent more than likely can't get a mutual time? I say that because looking at the Cards availability, I see he only has 3 hours each day that are 9-12 AM MST. I unfortunately am no way able to play in the AMs since I am gone from 5A-3P EST for work.
Disconnects are a case by case basis. We don't run the score and clock back because that's a bit more involved and has a tendency to skew stats more than it would in an NHL game. Basically, if the game is well in hand and "over" (meaning less than a 1% chance of a comeback), then the team that was leading is usually allowed to play the CPU. In any other case, the game is just replayed.

As for availability, this is a great question, and something we always have to deal with. The general rule is the person that is determined to have more available (during that timeframe) is allowed to play the CPU. For people who only have availability on weekends, this usually becomes a problem. If 3 hours a day during the early morning is all ppeterson21 can manage, it's likely that you'll be allowed to play the CPU. It sucks, but these things happen. We all just have to do the best we can and accomodate each other as much as we can.

Yes that's cuz I worknights I get off of work at 10pm I'm free after I get home witch is around 10:40pm. But I'm free Saturday evening. I sent you a private message @mvp828
The problem is the deadline is before Saturday (Thursday is the last day to play). Like I said, this is just the way the timeframe bounced for you this week. I can completely understand it being harder to find time during the weekdays. Do what you guys can to try to work it out (as you already are). And if it just won't work, we'll just have to decide what the most fair thing to do is.

If you want me to add an additional 10:40 PM - ? timeframe to your Sunday - Thursday, I can. Whatever helps you get these games in.

The problem is the deadline is before Saturday (Thursday is the last day to play). Like I said, this is just the way the timeframe bounced for you this week. I can completely understand it being harder to find time during the weekdays. Do what you guys can to try to work it out (as you already are). And if it just won't work, we'll just have to decide what the most fair thing to do is.

If you want me to add an additional 10:40 PM - ? timeframe to your Sunday - Thursday, I can. Whatever helps you get these games in.

Yes I'm available Sunday - Thursday mornings and after 10:40pm MST and anytime Friday and Saturday beside this week due my wedding anniversary leaving town Friday morning till Saturday evening I believe

Also, it was brought up to me that AZ Vikings may have done a couple questionable things in his game. So, I'd like him to explain these issues.

First was the use of hurry up. Now, it was pointed out to me that there's not a hurry up policy in the OP. I think it was one of those things we talked about so much last year, everybody kind of got an understanding for it, and it never got added. Obviously, that doesn't help the new guys. So, if anything egregious was done here, it's probably my fault more than anything.

But in general, hurry up should be used situationally. What this means is you need something to happen and you don't have a lot of time to do it. If you're using it because "My opponent picked a stupid defense and I don't want to let him choose a new play or get different players on the field!" then it quickly turns into garbage ranked style. Chetty has a clear policy on this in the Owner's League, and I might just bring that same thing here...as I think it's pretty reasonable and essentially describes how we view it anyway.

The other issue that was brought up, however, is worthy of an eyebrow raise. I was told that after getting the ball back, down by 10, with only :30 left in the game, the Lions just decided to run some short plays and kill the clock. Until the Vikings decided to call a timeout with :01 remaining. This is a direct violation of these statements from our rules in the OP:

I've always said, if you have a lead in the 2nd half, your objective should be to get the game over with as quickly as possible.

But once you get to a comfortable spot in the 4th quarter where you can whittle down the clock and dictate the end of the game, that's all you should be trying to do.
So, yeah...we need an explanation here. It may not have actually affected anything, but it's not exactly great sportsmanship either.

Chiefs send:
T. Bray, Quarterback, 21 years old

Overall Rating: 77 (Strong Arm Scheme)
Contract Info: 4 total years, 4 years remaining, 2013: $370K, 2014: $420K, 2015: $480K, 2016: $570K, signing bonus $800K

Relevant Attributes By Position
74 Short, 71 Medium, 79 Long Throw Accuracy, 96 Throwing Power, 47 Awareness

A. Sherman, Fullback, 24 years old

Overall Rating: 79
Contract Info: 4 total years, 2 years remaining, 2013: $440K, 2014: $540K, signing bonus $360K

Relevant Attributes For Position:
80 Speed, 75 Acceleration, 69 Carry, 82 Impact Blk, 76 Run Blk, 62 Pass Blk

D. Bowe, Wide Receiver, 28 years old

Overall Rating: 93
Contract Info: 5 total years, 5 years remaining, 2013: $4M, 2014: $8M, 2015: $12M, 2016: $16M, signing bonus $10M

88 Speed, 88 Catch, 94 Catch in Traffic, 85 Route Running, 98 Release

Team Cap Space: $6.87M

For

Raiders Send:

D.Moore, Wide Reciever, 24 years old

Overall Rating: 79
Contract Info: 4 total years, 2 years remaining, 2013: $470K, 2014: $550K, signing bonus $1.76M

94 Speed, 84 Catch, 73 Catch in Traffic, 84 Route Running, 74 Release

M. Reece, Fullback, 28 years old

Overall Rating: 89
Contract Info: 2 total years, 1 years remaining, 2013: $1M, signing bonus $0

90 Speed, 91 Acceleration, 84 Carry, 89 Impact Blk, 75 Run Blk, 60 Pass Blk

T. Pryor, Quarterback, 24 years old

Overall Rating: 78 (Strong Arm Scheme)
Contract Info: 4 total years, 2 years remaining, 2013: $590K, 2014: $710K, signing bonus $600K

Relevant Attributes For Position

Team Cap Space: $60.1M

Relevant Attributes By Position
73 Short, 75 Medium, 76 Long Throw Accuracy, 92 Throwing Power, 63 Awareness

KC Gets:
I need someone to run up the middle (J. Charles is injury prone) so Reece can fill that role out of the FB spot. I get a replacement for Bowe and a backup QB or even a possible starter.

Raiders Get:
The QB that he has been asking for since day one of this league in Bray with a monster arm. A legit #1 receiver in Bowe and a solid blocking FB in Sherman to replace Reece.
TRADE REJECTED

Unanimous rejection. The committee recognizes that Bowe is a huge asset in Madden and the only truly high level player Kansas City is getting back is Reece, who, while being a very good FB...is not close to the level of a WR with Bowe's attributes.

I was told that after getting the ball back, down by 10, with only :30 left in the game, the Lions just decided to run some short plays and kill the clock. Until the Vikings decided to call a timeout with :01 remaining.

So you were losing and the guy you were playing was leading and ran the clock out?

I was told that after getting the ball back, down by 10, with only :30 left in the game, the Lions just decided to run some short plays and kill the clock. Until the Vikings decided to call a timeout with :01 remaining.

So you were losing and the guy you were playing was leading and ran the clock out?
What is being alleged:

The Lions were losing by 10 points.

The Lions got the ball back with :30 left in the game.

The Lions decided to just let the clock run out by running some short plays (ie. not going for broke with a Hail Mary/onside kick/Hail Mary triple miracle)

The Vikings called timeout with :01 left in the game, rather than just letting the clock run out.

I understand that may have been confusing, but let's not add too much commentary until AZ Vikings has a chance to respond.

Oh ok So the violation was on the Vikings for calling a timeout instead of running the clock out? Just trying to understand it cuz I play by the rules and want the most realistic game.

Oh ok So the violation was on the Vikings for calling a timeout instead of running the clock out? Just trying to understand it cuz I play by the rules and want the most realistic game.
The alleged violation is that the Vikings didn't let the clock run out despite having the game in hand.

I was unable to make our scheduled time on Thursday night, but KingOfOldSchool hasn't responded to me since then. Not sure what's up.
Yeah sorry, didn't get on until last night so I didn't see your messages until then, but was in a foul mood after the game yesterday and didn't feel like doing anything but try to finally play a bit of GTA V.

bread's done
Back