CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

So I just got done playing my game against the CPU Steelers...  The Steelers ran the Read Option (???) until Ben Roethlisberger got hurt in the second half.  I had 5 turnovers including 3 in my own red zone which put me in a 17-0 hole at halftime.  CJ Spiller was terrible in his first game back from injury including 2 fumbles in my own red zone.  Thankfully I could mount a comeback in the second half thanks to some huge kick returns that set me up with good field position.  But sure enough Bruce Gradkowski lit it up in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter with 2 long TD passes to put me back in "comeback mode".  I came back to re-take the lead twice in the final minutes and the Steelers were back in Bills territory before McKelvin got an INT to seal up the win 35-31.  Also, I lost Stevie Johnson for 6 weeks with a dislocated elbow suffered in the fourth quarter.

Annnnnnd it looks like in my simmed game against KC I lost both Jairus Byrd and Eric Wood to BROKEN JAWS!!!.   fuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...we already advanced. So, yeah, it got simmed. You really need to rethink this "I don't like playing the CPU" policy though. For one, this kind of screwed up Twick's 1 game suspension...since it was supposed to be against a HUMAN opponent. I'm not going to make him sit out another game though just because you weren't interested in playing.

Secondly, take a look at the member list in the OP. This league is half full. If you're that averse to playing the CPU, does it really make much sense to play here? I'm pretty sure there's one spot open and plenty of human opponents in the Official League if you really find the CPU games that tedious. I'm sorry...it's just silly to participate in a league that consists of 50% CPU teams and feel like those games are unimportant. They're going to determine playoff spots just like any other game.
Ok I understand. You can boot me. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I am not going to make time to play against the computer when I could be doing other things.

Ok I understand. You can boot me. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I am not going to make time to play against the computer when I could be doing other things.
Fine with me. Just seemed like your concept of what this league is was a bit off. Like I said 50% of the teams are CPU. We're in Week 10 and I'm about to play my 7th CPU team of the season (I've played you and the Pittsburgh owner...before he dropped). If we all had this attitude, some of us would never play. I've said it many times, this year, this league is basically an enhanced single player franchise.

Fine with me. Just seemed like your concept of what this league is was a bit off. Like I said 50% of the teams are CPU. We're in Week 10 and I'm about to play my 7th CPU team of the season (I've played you and the Pittsburgh owner...before he dropped). If we all had this attitude, some of us would never play. I've said it many times, this year, this league is basically an enhanced single player franchise.
Ok. I'm not trying to hold the league up or anything. No hard feelings. Good luck guys.

Just looking at the schedule in game, and it looks like the Jets have been having quite a bit of connection troubles. 4 of their 9 games played were started at least twice. All four games were against the CPU...and both times they played the Patriots, the game was started 4 times. I'm not trying to accuse anybody of anything here. But you can imagine how this looks. Might want to get your connection looked at.

Ravens over the Bengals 35-21. This was the first game this year where I felt like I got "Maddened".

Tied at 7, near the end of the second quarter I was inside the red zone and looking to go up 14-7 and I was getting the ball back first in the second half. I threw a pass to my WR, who caught it inside the 5, and promptly fumbled it with Baltimore taking it back for a touchdown. It was all downhill after that.

There was another fumble, a ridiculous phantom pass interference call (which I don't blame Flyersfan at all for accepting. I would've done the same thing), and then one of the craziest kickoff returns I've ever seen. Baltimore caught the kick and started their return. In pursuit, I read the cut to the outside PERFECTLY. I nailed the kick returner. He bounces back 5 yards, and then proceeds to run around my guys for the TD.

Overall, my defense wasn't bad. I think I held Flacco to 2 completions on 9 attempts.I feel like I could've played the perfect offensive game (which I didn't by any means) and still ended up with the loss due to not ever being meant to win this game. Nothing against Flyersfan. He deserved the win, and likely would've won even if some of those crazy bounces had went my way.

Good game, Flyersfan. I look forward to our second matchup in Week 17.

Yeah I was the first to admit I got lucky, besides my first run of the game for 50 yards or so I couldn't move the ball at all. I vaguely remember having the same problem against you last year when I was the Raiders and you were the Bears I believe, and I snuck out with a win that time as well.

Immediately felt Ike a dick for accepting that penalty, but it was pretty much instinct to press a right away from playing the CPU.

Yeah I was the first to admit I got lucky, besides my first run of the game for 50 yards or so I couldn't move the ball at all. I vaguely remember having the same problem against you last year when I was the Raiders and you were the Bears I believe, and I snuck out with a win that time as well.

Immediately felt Ike a dick for accepting that penalty, but it was pretty much instinct to press a right away from playing the CPU.
Like I said, I don't blame you at all. I think all of us likely would've accepted the penalty. With all the randomness in this game, you know your time to get screwed could be coming at any moment, so we've all got to take every ounce of good fortune that the Madden gods throw our way. :lol:

Ok. We have advanced to Week 11. The showed the Bears/Lions game as not being played. Not sure if that's accurate or if dr0ppinl0adz said something about that one. But anyway, the deadline for Week 11 will be 11/1!

Yea I got back from vacation Tuesday and have been sleeping since lol. Partied like a rockstar so my body needed to recoup and totally forgot about Madden.

Just got tackled on the one yd line after a 50 yd scramble with Joe Flacco in practice.

Now if only I could replicate that in a real game. Or Flacco in reality could actually do that

Btw. I never really saw/used this formation much in my earlier games (I believe), but the ravens have a formation that uses two tight ends and lines one up wide. Just a heads up to future opponents if it shows two tight ends.

Not that my tight ends can't be covered by linebackers though, because they absolutely can. That's a weak point on my team.

Btw. I never really saw/used this formation much in my earlier games (I believe), but the ravens have a formation that uses two tight ends and lines one up wide. Just a heads up to future opponents if it shows two tight ends.

Not that my tight ends can't be covered by linebackers though, because they absolutely can. That's a weak point on my team.
The worst is the formation the CPU Patriots used constantly. It showed 2WR, 2TE, 1RB. I always assume this is a linebacker and heavy run formation. However, for the CPU Patriots, it's a five wide only passing formation, lol.

The worst is the formation the CPU Patriots used constantly. It showed 2WR, 2TE, 1RB. I always assume this is a linebacker and heavy run formation. However, for the CPU Patriots, it's a five wide only passing formation, lol.
Yeah, I fucking HATE that one. It's such garbage. And it's tough, because I can't say a defensive coordinator wouldn't go with a 4-3 against that set of personnel. But in Madden...where you're not going to have 3 LBs who can hang with both TEs and the RB, it basically turns into an exploit. Even a team with good TEs, you might see what...nickel? But I shouldn't have to run quarters defense with only 2 WRs on the field...and even then, usually the extra DBs still can't cover them, lol. <3 EA

Ravens Over the Jets in a nail biter in Baltimore. Won 20-17 in overtime. GG HooRox.

My next four games are all against the CPU. I suck against the CPU so hopefully I can make it through that stretch at least 3-1 . I finish the season against pitfall and the Bengals in what could very well determine who wins the division. Looking forward to that.

I know this isn't Madden related, but I am really excited how the Panthers are playing this year. It seems like a year where old teams are falling and new teams are rising. It's fun to see them playing decently again!

I know this isn't Madden related, but I am really excited how the Panthers are playing this year. It seems like a year where old teams are falling and new teams are rising. It's fun to see them playing decently again!
gone are the days of winning with free agents and now it's building teams from the draft and not over paying for players. Most of the teams last couple years that have done well over and over are teams that know how to build in draft and sign players when needed.

All right, well this is ri-goddamn-diculous. I've now won 8 straight online ranked games and I'm somehow in the top 10.7% of Madden players. The only time I back out on people is when they go straight for an 87+ team (considering I use the Titans who are 77 OVR, I can give a little...but when I pick Tennessee, and my opponent goes straight to Seattle or San Fran, they can go play with themselves) or when they have custom playbooks (sorry, but custom playbooks = cheese on demand).

I'm not falling for your tricks, EA. I am not good at this game. Maybe I am avoiding "elite" players by not playing top teams, but whatever. I figure if somebody is actually skilled at this game, they should be able to beat me with a similar rated team, and shouldn't need to make a freaking beeline to the highest rated team in the game. But either way, this is an unprecedented stretch of me enjoying this game, lol. I'm scared. :lol:

Is the Dolphins owner still around? I pmed him yesterday, and I have yet to hear back. It doesn't look like he's on Xbox much either. Hopefully, he'll get back to me so we can play this game!

Oh that class action thing? I would have only got like. 30 bucks was not worth it .
$30 isn't worth 5 minutes of your time?

I got my $75 check today. I had actually forgotten all about this & figured I would never see the money anyway.

Oh that class action thing? I would have only got like. 30 bucks was not worth it .
Didn't you say once that you've bought Madden and NCAA every year since Sega Genesis or something? I've even missed a few and I got $149. It was definitely worth the small amount of time I spent filling out the form.

Did you have to prove you bought them? For some reason I thought you did. I've definitely had every Madden since 95 or 96

Didn't you say once that you've bought Madden and NCAA every year since Sega Genesis or something? I've even missed a few and I got $149. It was definitely worth the small amount of time I spent filling out the form.
No shit. I got $149 to spend on Black Friday. That's money that I won't have to spend out of my own pocket, even though I'm sure I'll still spend plenty of my own money during those sales.

Did you have to prove you bought them? For some reason I thought you did. I've definitely had every Madden since 95 or 96
No. You just had to fill out the form. It was simple.

Titans escape with a very narrow win over the Colts, 31-28. Tennessee won the coin toss, and elected to kick off, which was almost a huge mistake, as their defense couldn't stop Indianapolis to save their lives. The Titans found themselves trailing 7-0 and 14-7, before notching a field goal at the end of the first half to pull to 14-10.

Scoring on their opening possession of the 2nd half became a must, and Tennessee responded, to take a 17-14 lead. This was followed by the first defensive stop for either team of the game, and another Titans TD to open up the lead 24-14. The Colts responded immediately with an insane 69 yard QB option run from Andrew Luck that featured several missed tackles all the way into the end zone.

Late in the 4th quarter, with Tennessee leading 31-28, and having possession of the ball, they had a chance to basically ice the game when Kevin Walter dropped a pass on 3rd and 11. This gave the Colts one last chance, as Andrew Luck tried to work his magic again. Again, the Titans defense looked bewildered, even letting a few game ending INTs bounce off of them. Finally, with 0:58 left in the game, Blidi Wreh-Wilson came through for Tennessee, snatching a Luck pass out of the air, foiling the comeback attempt.

Crazy good game. I hated seeing my guys drop balls, but yeah...it happens. No idea why Wilson was all of a sudden able to catch one...but I feel lucky he did. Good game, DarkTower.

Nate, looking forward to our game. Really determines the 1 seed in our conference. Speaking of, Dark Rider, any chance we can get a playoff picture? I'm curious. If not I think I could do one

Nate, looking forward to our game. Really determines the 1 seed in our conference. Speaking of, Dark Rider, any chance we can get a playoff picture? I'm curious. If not I think I could do one
I'm not...my defense hasn't been able to stop shit lately, lol. I'm going to have to count on my offense coming through most likely. Shootouts have never been my thing. This is all scary to me, haha.

I'm not...my defense hasn't been able to stop shit lately, lol. I'm going to have to count on my offense coming through most likely. Shootouts have never been my thing. This is all scary to me, haha.
Oh trust me I've got my own concerns. I've been picked off a ton lately in my offline league, and I threw a couple picks in my CPU game today. I just meant from the standpoint of I don't think we've ever played a meaningful game of madden

Oh trust me I've got my own concerns. I've been picked off a ton lately in my offline league, and I threw a couple picks in my CPU game today. I just meant from the standpoint of I don't think we've ever played a meaningful game of madden
Well, I don't think I've EVER played a meaningful game of Madden, lol ;)

Dunno if we advanced but I'm about to hop on and play my game right now Nate if we didn't. Hope you see this beforehand. If I see you sign on I'll send you a XBL message.

Just got back from the airport/five days working on the road. Realized on the plane back that I hadn't posted about it, my bad.

EDIT* Finished. Beat the CPU Steelers 24-17

All right, we have advanced to Week 14. Sorry for the late advance. I felt like crap when I woke up this morning. I think I might be catching my wife's cold (yay..). Anyway, the deadline for Week 14 will be 11/13!

Wow, just lost to the CPU Bucs 27-21. Although EJ threw for almost 350 yards, his 4 INT's ultimately did me in. I was driving to score the go ahead TD with less than a minute left and 1st and goal from the 9 when EJ threw his second end zone pick of the day at the worst time. Tampa's DB's were unbelievable in this game and I found myself having to steer clear of Revis Island for the second half.

But it looks like it should be a tight finish for 1st in the AFC East with the Dolphins and Jets right on my tail. Good luck gentleman.

if anyone can join the official league as the redskins and join as tim jennings could you plz let fero know 

Awesome...my game with Kaster just dropped midway through the 3rd quarter. Dude, I really like you...like seriously, I've always thought you were a good guy. But your connection is TERRIBLE. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I really don't want to sit through that again...like ever. It just makes games against you no fun at all. And it has nothing to do with how good your team is, or how skilled you are as a player. I was actually really enjoying our chess match of playcalling and audibles. But then the execution gets all screwed up because the timing is off with connection hiccups every 3-4 seconds, and it just taints what would otherwise be a good game.

It's just not really fair to make people go up against that. I don't know how you can even get used to it because it's the kind of stutter that starts to give me a headache. Anyway, I hate to say this...but if this is something that can't be improved, maybe this should be your last season. I would LOVE to play you on a smooth connection, but I also feel like we've been waiting on that for years now. I even shut down the internet to the rest of my home before the game to make sure I was doing everything I could to help.

And STILL, I'm having to press the button on my controller multiple times to get a pass to register. Or I get stuck in a pre-play menu because one of my "Konami code" of adjustments isn't registering. It just sucks, man. I mean, I guess if it doesn't bother others then you shouldn't have to be forced out. I just really don't want to play games where I feel like I'm gimped because of something beyond my control. I'm really not trying to be a dick. It's just not fun.

Playoff Picture: (I know, I know, it was requested like a week ago.)

AFC:

1. (z) Titans (11-1)

2. (z) Broncos (11-1)

3. Ravens (10-2)

4. Bills (8-5)

5. Bengals (9-3)

6. Colts (7-5)

In the Hunt:

7. Dolphins (7-6)

8. Jets (6-7)

9. Texans (6-6)

NFC:

1. (z) Panthers (13-0)

2. Redskins (10-3)

3. Bears (9-4)

4. 49ers (8-5)

5. Eagles (8-5)

6. Saints (7-6)

In the Hunt:

7. Lions (6-6)

8. Cowboys (6-7)

9. Seahawks (5-7)

Awesome...my game with Kaster just dropped midway through the 3rd quarter. Dude, I really like you...like seriously, I've always thought you were a good guy. But your connection is TERRIBLE. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I really don't want to sit through that again...like ever. It just makes games against you no fun at all. And it has nothing to do with how good your team is, or how skilled you are as a player. I was actually really enjoying our chess match of playcalling and audibles. But then the execution gets all screwed up because the timing is off with connection hiccups every 3-4 seconds, and it just taints what would otherwise be a good game.

It's just not really fair to make people go up against that. I don't know how you can even get used to it because it's the kind of stutter that starts to give me a headache. Anyway, I hate to say this...but if this is something that can't be improved, maybe this should be your last season. I would LOVE to play you on a smooth connection, but I also feel like we've been waiting on that for years now. I even shut down the internet to the rest of my home before the game to make sure I was doing everything I could to help.

And STILL, I'm having to press the button on my controller multiple times to get a pass to register. Or I get stuck in a pre-play menu because one of my "Konami code" of adjustments isn't registering. It just sucks, man. I mean, I guess if it doesn't bother others then you shouldn't have to be forced out. I just really don't want to play games where I feel like I'm gimped because of something beyond my control. I'm really not trying to be a dick. It's just not fun.
Nate I know you're trying to be fair and I totally get it. I'd like to see how other people I've played this year felt about their experience playing me, because for me I don't have the lag. It's wierd. The game speed is a little slower but it's not choppy or anything, most of the time.

If my connection is causing so many problems for others but not for me, I totally agree that it's unfair for me to play in the league. Hell, I've won every game I've played in the league so far this year. And I think my connection was okay in madden 12, but since I started college, you're right, the latency has been shit. I hate playing in horrible lag as much as the next person so I don't want to make somebody play with that. Especially when my game isn't lagging nearly as badly.

Nate I know you're trying to be fair and I totally get it. I'd like to see how other people I've played this year felt about their experience playing me, because for me I don't have the lag. It's wierd. The game speed is a little slower but it's not choppy or anything, most of the time.

If my connection is causing so many problems for others but not for me, I totally agree that it's unfair for me to play in the league. Hell, I've won every game I've played in the league so far this year. And I think my connection was okay in madden 12, but since I started college, you're right, the latency has been shit. I hate playing in horrible lag as much as the next person so I don't want to make somebody play with that. Especially when my game isn't lagging nearly as badly.
It's just crazy because I've played a lot of online ranked this year...and the games aren't even as laggy in there. I've had maybe one or two that were as bad/worse than yours. But yours is pretty up there. Seriously though, I will jump for freaking joy when you get into a place of your own and have a dedicated connection as I really enjoy playing with you and I really appreciate the mental grasp you have on the game.

I have to pull a "back in my day" here, but I only lived in the dorms for one year before my buddy and I got an apartment, and that was in 2001...so yeah, online gaming wasn't much of a thought then. And even the first apartment we lived in included internet with our rent. But, no surprise, it was horrifically slow (shared by the entire complex I'm sure) and we ended up just paying the $35 a month to have our own connection. And these days, my wife would murder me in my sleep if we didn't have a fast connection, lol. I feel for you, man. I really do. One day you'll kick that tin can internet and join the rest of us in the 21st century, lol ;)

I'd really hate to lose you over it...but yeah, it's a rough time. I'd definitely be interested in hearing from other people who played you this year.

bread's done
Back