CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

Thanks guys I found it shortly after asking. I should look around once in a while before asking haha.

Oh and the companion app is out

I'm not to happy with Amazon.com right now. I'm thinking I should have just went to GameStop and paid the tax for the game. This is the first time since I started to pay for prime that I have not had the game on release day. I was hoping to be able to play over the next two days before I had to go back to work.

[quote name='sendme']I'm not to happy with Amazon.com right now. I'm thinking I should have just went to GameStop and paid the tax for the game. This is the first time since I started to pay for prime that I have not had the game on release day. I was hoping to be able to play over the next two days before I had to go back to work.[/QUOTE]

Is yours actually not scheduled for delivery today? Mine showed up earlier this afternoon as expected. But I almost always get.things quickly from Amazon because I'm not too far from the shipping center in KY. Still...at least you didn't order from Toys R Us, haha.

[quote name='jza1218']You have to go to extras or something in the hit menu. Any of your bonuses should be there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']Thanks guys I found it shortly after asking. I should look around once in a while before asking haha.

Oh and the companion app is out[/QUOTE]

Glad you asked that, I had forgot all about it carrying them over.

Is the companion app on iOS or Android? I was just looking for it on Android and couldn't find it anywhere in the store.

Now the reason I came to post...

I don't know if this is some fluke or what, but I just started my HUT up and had selected Detroit as my favorite team upon startup of the game. So what do I get in my starter pack, but Wings home and away jersery, logo, and 4-5 Wings players (although 2 of them aren't even Wings). I ended up getting Ericsson, Miller, Hudler, Murray, and I think one more.

EDIT: FYI per the EA site... Pre-order codes are not currently working until 6PM PST tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mvp828']Glad you asked that, I had forgot all about it carrying them over.

Is the companion app on iOS or Android? I was just looking for it on Android and couldn't find it anywhere in the store.

I don't know if this is some fluke or what, but I just started my HUT up and had selected Detroit as my favorite team upon startup of the game. So what do I get in my starter pack, but Wings home and away jersery, logo, and 4-5 Wings players (although 2 of them aren't even Wings). I ended up getting Ericsson, Miller, Hudler, Murray, and I think one more.[/QUOTE]

Not a fluke, it's intentional.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Is yours actually not scheduled for delivery today? Mine showed up earlier this afternoon as expected. But I almost always get.things quickly from Amazon because I'm not too far from the shipping center in KY. Still...at least you didn't order from Toys R Us, haha.[/QUOTE]

Not till Friday but usually it says that and I get it the day it comes out.

EDIT: Now it says I should have it tomorrow.

[quote name='mvp828']Glad you asked that, I had forgot all about it carrying them over.

I don't know if this is some fluke or what, but I just started my HUT up and had selected Detroit as my favorite team upon startup of the game. So what do I get in my starter pack, but Wings home and away jersery, logo, and 4-5 Wings players (although 2 of them aren't even Wings). I ended up getting Ericsson, Miller, Hudler, Murray, and I think one more.

EDIT: FYI per the EA site... Pre-order codes are not currently working until 6PM PST tonight.[/QUOTE]

The companion app is iOS only. I just looked it up and all I can find it for is the iOS.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well, that's stupid as hell. They better make it for android.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised. I think it's probably easier to make it for IOS, because of all the different Android devices running different versions, etc.

iOS would be easier to program for. With Android you have so many different devices and versions of the OS. I'm surprised EA does not have it out for Android because they do have a lot of games on Android. It might come out in the next month or so but I doubt it.

Well, HUT already has a glitch. I started a offline tournament to build up pucks. I win the first game advance to round 2, win the second, it then puts me back against my first round opponent playing first round again. Then after I won that game, repeated the same team and round again.

[quote name='sendme']Not till Friday but usually it says that and I get it the day it comes out.

EDIT: Now it says I should have it tomorrow.

The companion app is iOS only. I just looked it up and all I can find it for is the iOS.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. They're usually really great about making sure things ship out a few days early so you get them on release day.

As for the app, yeah, I'm really pissed that it's iOS only. The "too many Android versions" argument is crap. There are so many independent and shovelware apps that work on pretty much all Android versions, it's just lazy for EA to not bother with it. But then again...these are the same developers who thought people wouldn't have a problem playing 82 game seasons in GM Connected.

Oh wonderful... So thinking I would get the game I went out and used my BB $25 gift card and got the game for $40. So just now I get an email from TRU saying it has shipped. WTF.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I'll take the Montreal Canadiens :) This is my first CAG League. This is for xbox 360 only right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's for Xbox 360. I'll add you to the OP.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oh wonderful... So thinking I would get the game I went out and used my BB $25 gift card and got the game for $40. So just now I get an email from TRU saying it has shipped. WTF.[/QUOTE]

When you get your copy from TRU, just return it. Or for that matter, you could return the sealed copy from TRU to BB with your BB receipt. (for anyone wondering, this would not be return fraud, since you're returning the exact same product with a valid receipt). Not sure how BB factors in gift card purchases though. I assume they'd just give you a new gift card.

Yeah, I'll just do that. I've just had a real crappy day and one more thing not going right is the nail that broke the camel's back...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Yeah, I'll just do that. I've just had a real crappy day and one more thing not going right is the nail that broke the camel's back...[/QUOTE]

It's the straw that broke the camel's back, or the nail in the coffin. Get your analogies right! Lol just bustin balls

[quote name='Panther1484']Are we set up yet in-game? If so, I'm not exactly sure what I should be searching for...no hockey league is coming up with squat.[/QUOTE]

Waiting to see if they do another roster update before the lockout.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Waiting to see if they do another roster update before the lockout.[/QUOTE]

Lockout? Hey there's still like 0.0000001% chance the season starts on time....:roll:

EDIT: It's a good plan though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DeskLaser']If there are any spots open, I will go ahead and fill in a spot. I have decided to go ahead and pick this game up today after work, as my friend plays it all the time and I figured I might as well give it a shot as well. However, I practically have no experience with a hockey game since Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on the N64, so should I even join up? I am still completely willing to play out games just for the fun of it, even though I most likely would get stomped anyways. I can take any team that is available, since the only hockey team I really know is my regional team of the Capitals, and they are taken already anyways. My schedule is usually open any Monday - Thursday after 7 PM (sometimes earlier, but I mark 7 PM just in case), but Friday - Sunday afternoon can get pretty busy. I am usually available Sunday evening/night though.[/QUOTE]

Hey, sorry. Didn't mean to skip over this post! You're welcome to join. If you really don't have a team preference, I'll put you down for the Winnipeg Jets, who used to be the Atlanta Thrashers, and are therefore still in the same division as the Capitals...so maybe you'll have a little familiarity there. Also, it will help balance out the conferences. If you'd rather play as another vacant team, just let me know.

Since Snake dropped out, I'll take Montreal since that was one of the two I was trying to decide between when I originally posted (Dallas being the other).

[quote name='mvp828']Since Snake dropped out, I'll take Montreal since that was one of the two I was trying to decide between when I originally posted (Dallas being the other).[/QUOTE]

Ok, got you switched.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry, looks like I'm out. The PAL version seems to be region locked as well. :([/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks, Cheapy. Crazy you had to go through all that to find out.

Luckily, I was able to cancel the PAL order.

Apparently I can download the PS3 version directly from PSN.

Btw, the iOS companion app is out now.

Well fuck me running...

My HUT save/team got screwed up somehow tonight.
I was in the menu and the system froze. Rebooted and when I started it up it was as if my team didn't exist anymore. So I lost everything. Lost all the carry over pucks and team "EST. since xx/xx/10" and close to 2,000 pucks that I had banked from the Live Moments Mode. Not to mention I had already used my demo packs, and got 3-4 other packs with pucks that I carried over. :(

[quote name='mvp828']Well fuck me running...

My HUT save/team got screwed up somehow tonight.
I was in the menu and the system froze. Rebooted and when I started it up it was as if my team didn't exist anymore. So I lost everything. Lost all the carry over pucks and team "EST. since xx/xx/10" and close to 2,000 pucks that I had banked from the Live Moments Mode. Not to mention I had already used my demo packs, and got 3-4 other packs with pucks that I carried over. :([/QUOTE]

Wow, that's scarey. Hopefully this isn't a common occurrence I might give hut a back seat for a bit.

That's what I plan on doing. I might get the starter pack and play with it for a little bit, but when it comes to putting in a lot of time with it I don't plan on doing that for some time.

got my copy yesterday. I'll take the Dallas stars, I don't have that much time to play these days so I don't have any specific times yet

Hi guys....I noticed when I was checking the boards today that my name was taken off the GM roster for the dallas stars....did I get the boot for some reason??

[quote name='mnwild22']correction..I got switched to Montreal...I would rather be Dallas if thats ok.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was late when people were switching around last night. I tried to make the edits real quick before bed, and moved the wrong person. Got it fixed now.

[quote name='garrett007']got my copy yesterday. I'll take the Dallas stars, I don't have that much time to play these days so I don't have any specific times yet[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I made a mistake switching owners in the OP, and Dallas is in fact taken. You're welcome to take another team though.

This is what actual nhl players must be feeling right now...we want to play, but the league doesn't want to let us unless we aggressive to compromise and go by its rules.

#nolockout
#nohockeyleague

>_>

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sorry, it was late when people were switching around last night. I tried to make the edits real quick before bed, and moved the wrong person. Got it fixed now.

Sorry, I made a mistake switching owners in the OP, and Dallas is in fact taken. You're welcome to take another team though.[/QUOTE]

I'll be the Coyotes

[quote name='moojuice']This is what actual nhl players must be feeling right now...we want to play, but the league doesn't want to let us unless we aggressive to compromise and go by its rules.

#nolockout
#nohockeyleague

>_>[/QUOTE]

#nhl13mostrealisticgameever

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8849625.page

After reading this, I'm okay with having to play the full 82 game season. It seems like we can get through a season fairly quickly as long as the commish moves the schedule along. I'm completely fine with having to sim a bunch of games throughout the year as long as I don't have to do it all at once (ie. play first 30 games, be in 4th place, sim remaining games, miss the playoffs).

Personally I feel that we should play 2 weeks of the NHL schedule over the course of 5 days or so. It would probably be 5-6 games that we would play in 5 days. And you can sim your games against the CPU or the games that you don't have time to play.

I'm the type of player who probably won't play every day, but when I do play I'll sit down and play 3 or 4 games at a time. I really don't care how we format the season I just want to get started (after roster update) :)

yea that was the best part. if it's monday and the guy you play first can't play til friday then u got the whole week to play everybody else.

I honestly have no preference about how you decided to deal with the 82 game schedule, I'll tough it out either way.

Have a few questions to throw out there for you guys was wondering if anyone pre ordered from gamestop and had/is having issues redeeming their hut pack code. Also any decision yet on what day we'll be starting the league? and one final question... anyone interested in playing a few friendlies?

[quote name='Canbanana']
Have a few questions to throw out there for you guys was wondering if anyone pre ordered from gamestop and had/is having issues redeeming their hut pack code. [/QUOTE]

Found something on the EA forums last night saying that they are still having issues getting the pre-order codes to work... No ETA on a fix.

[quote name='garrett007']I'll be the Coyotes[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, man. I'll get you added to the OP.

[quote name='Twick87']http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8849625.page

After reading this, I'm okay with having to play the full 82 game season. It seems like we can get through a season fairly quickly as long as the commish moves the schedule along. I'm completely fine with having to sim a bunch of games throughout the year as long as I don't have to do it all at once (ie. play first 30 games, be in 4th place, sim remaining games, miss the playoffs).

Personally I feel that we should play 2 weeks of the NHL schedule over the course of 5 days or so. It would probably be 5-6 games that we would play in 5 days. And you can sim your games against the CPU or the games that you don't have time to play.

I'm the type of player who probably won't play every day, but when I do play I'll sit down and play 3 or 4 games at a time. I really don't care how we format the season I just want to get started (after roster update) :)[/QUOTE]

Again, not to be a Debbie Downer, but this viewpoint is a bit idealistic. There's only 6 spots left in the league. There's not going to be that many CPU teams to sit down and bang out 3-4 games against. The timeframe you named is almost dead on. 2 weeks of schedule time needs to be about 5 days of real time. On average, you're going to have 6-7 games during that 2 week stretch. You'll probably be lucky if 2 of those games are against a CPU team.

So, you're going to have 5 games to play against human opponents in a 5 day span. I'm not saying it CAN'T be done. But no CAG league has ever operated at that speed before. Unless you're scheduling your entire 2 weeks in advance, and lining up times with each opponent, it's not going to happen. Even then, people have lives outside of video games. People have jobs, wives, kids, school, families, other responsibilities, etc.

I'm not saying this to make things sound all doom and gloom. But games are going to get simmed. You are right. The only way to get through it is for me to keep things moving. And that's what I'll have to do. I just don't want anybody thinking that they're going to get to play all their games (honestly, I think anyone even playing half will be a huge accomplishment).

If people don't accept that a lot of their games are going to get simmed, they're going to get frustrated. While this is our first real NHL league, I've run a lot of leagues for other sports games on CAG. Once it gets going, it's going to be a whirlwind. No game has ever taxed us with trying to keep this kind of pace before, so I really don't know what to expect. But as I said, I will keep the schedule moving...I just hope everybody can hang on.

[quote name='Canbanana']I honestly have no preference about how you decided to deal with the 82 game schedule, I'll tough it out either way.

Have a few questions to throw out there for you guys was wondering if anyone pre ordered from gamestop and had/is having issues redeeming their hut pack code. Also any decision yet on what day we'll be starting the league? and one final question... anyone interested in playing a few friendlies?[/QUOTE]

We're going to wait on the lockout just to see if EA does another roster update. Once 9/16 hits, I'll probably get things set up and we can get started.

how do the sims work anyways? can 1 guy sim and the other guy play against his team? I'm assuming both teams will be simmed, but I could be wrong...

bread's done
Back