CAGs July Pick Up List "Did I really buy this?"

[quote name='Dro']I only buy real, even fakes are expensive so for like double the price of a fake one you can get a real one so why not.

But yeah I spend alot of $$$ on clothes but right now I still don't pay bills or anything so I'm just enjoying it for now.[/QUOTE]

Whered you buy them from? Real Bapes are at least $300 and up for just one hoodie. Same with BBC. Unless you bought them used.

Went to ToysRus today and got what they had left:

Battlestations Midway x5
Hitman x2
Def J.Icon
Super Monkey Ball Wii
Virtua Tennis 3 x3

Gamestop/Ebgames: (w/25% coupon)

Marvel AU/Forza 2 Bundle x3
Beautiful Katamari

S6302657.jpg

Lucky Star Vol.2 LE
Kujibiki Unbalance Vol.2
S6302660.jpg

[quote name='Zing']HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is by far the funniest thing I have read in weeks. This is a joke, right? Tell me it isn't really BABY APE hahahahaha.[/quote]
Its Bathing Ape actually.Clothing and Shoe brand. Shoes look suspiciously like Nike Air Forces.

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm glad I am a jeans/t-shirt kind of guy. More money to spend on games and not clothes.[/quote]

Same here. I'd sooner go to the Salvation Army and pick up some second hand 'name brand' shit than pay $300 for something brand new. I'm like Cmosfm, I wear the SAME 2-3 jackets I've had for YEARS already and only buy other stuff when it hits clearance.

Back on topic though, I'm thinking of grabbing Genji(PS3) from Kmart for $5 or so(if it drops to $5 and not out of the system this month). Otherwise, I'm not really planning on grabbing anything this month.

Oh and WTF is with the massive hoarding from TRU and Gamestop? I assume I'm missing out on some majorly abused big % off coupon that won't be accepted by the time I print some up, huh?

[quote name='LeafPanda']Odin Sphere on Final Clearance at Gamestop[/quote]
There was actually 1 left!!!
The nearest gamestop to me sold all Odin Spheres on Day 1! T^T

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Oh and WTF is with the massive hoarding from TRU and Gamestop? I assume I'm missing out on some majorly abused big % off coupon that won't be accepted by the time I print some up, huh?[/quote]
I haven't been following the TRU thread, but I think it's because of "cheap clearance plus 20% extra off" at TRU and high TIV at other stores, possible the "extra $10 on two current gen trade ins".

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm glad I am a jeans/t-shirt kind of guy. More money to spend on games and not clothes.[/QUOTE]Same here. I cant justify spending that much money on a crappy cotton hoody with a stupid design.

Basically, you are paying for the logo on the front. With 300$ I can go down to the Outlet Store in Morongo and buy a buttload of Levis, a bunch of plain shirts and shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has their own stuff the like. Some people here buy lots of games and do they play them? Sometimes not. They just buy it to buy it. Do they care no since they enjoy it. Audiophiles buy some expensive ass speakers when cheaper speakers can also do. Some people just like buying certain clothes.

I just purchased an Xbox 360!

This is what was included:

Xbox 360/20GB HDD/Power/AV Cables
Controller, however it is missing the battery pack, but it came with a Play and Charge Cable.
The Godfather

All of that was $150 on Craigslist.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']There was actually 1 left!!!
The nearest gamestop to me sold all Odin Spheres on Day 1! T^T[/quote] There's at least one left at every GS I've been to.

Haven't posted in one of these threads for awhile:
purchases018amediumxg8.jpg

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 part 2 graphic novel and Earth Defense Force 2017 for the 360 along with a bunch of DVDs.
The DVD next to EDF2017 is Mystery Science Theater 3000 the Movie, the one below it is 12 Monkeys, and the first one in the bottom row is Cowboy Bebop the Complete Series.

Just Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne from Amazon for $30 shipped for me so far. With UT3 and Civilization out, that may change soon..

So far:

Deus Ex: Invisible War (have yet to play it...)
Overlord
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion CE (found a used, perfect condition copy at one of the two Gamestop stores I work at; netted it for about $20 after tax)

[quote name='Dro']Everyone has their own stuff the like. Some people here buy lots of games and do they play them? Sometimes not. They just buy it to buy it. Do they care no since they enjoy it. Audiophiles buy some expensive ass speakers when cheaper speakers can also do. Some people just like buying certain clothes.[/quote]

This is true, but think of how many normally priced items you could have had for the price of those TWO. Hell, I even cringed and it was almost impossible for me to consider parting with $350 for the part I paid in cash for a 40 gb PS3.

But, as you said, you enjoy it so you buy it. But as for me, I still buy some of my stuff from Salvation Army, just not the pre shit stained undies some of them sell though. :whistle2:# I don't know how it's even LEGAL to sell dirty old underwear.

Yo, it costs a lot to look that cheap.

LOTR BFME (360) - $14.99 @ BB
Ikaruga (GC) - free @ BB

Ikaruga was actually tagged $34.99 from October 2004. ;)

Picked up:

Eye of Judgment Bundle 29.99 @ Walmart
Eye of Judgment Booster Packs x2
Eye of Judgment Theme Deck

I think I'm done buying shit this month.

Picked up this crap so far:
80 gig mgs4 ps3 bundle
ps3 games:
nhl08
hot shots golf oob
harry potter
uncharted

360 games:
tomb raider legend
bully se
eternal sonata

1 gamecube component cable

Probably some other stuff I can't remember right now as well

Some pickups from today at Book-Off!

2659726971_1be746bf47.jpg

My daughter picked this out, she loves Azumanga Daioh now... she also found this and picked it out...

2660554734_27ff0d9c37.jpg

Dude, I don't remember CDs from 1987... When did CDs pick up here in the US? Anyways, Hokuto No Ken, nuff said...

2659727401_0521e20ae3.jpg

2660555174_474c64d69e.jpg

Dragon Quest monster encyclopedia! 2 hardcover books! $14, I was stoked to see it!

[quote name='joshingit']So far :

Trauma Center 2 24.99
PES 2008 19.99
SMT Nocturne Amazon DoD 29.99[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking..

where did you find Trauma Center 2 for 24.99?

Some of these were picked up in June, but these are the stuff I got recently...
DSC04358.jpg

Picked these up on day 1 (June 12th I think?) and the GS Artbook (not listed). Love the hardcover guide and the game was an amazing adventure.

DSC04359.jpg

Thanks to bigjunior for .hack//G.U. Vol 3 Redemption
Super Smash Brothers Brawl courtesy of Amazon's Deal of the Day

DSC04362.jpg

Picked up I am Legend when Amazon had it for $13 and change and also picked up American Gangster with it.

DSC04367.jpg

Picked these up yesterday with 20% off, might return them, the backlog is already packed. (Enchanted Arms with comic, Moto GP 07, and Crush)

DSC04377.jpg

New phone, the LG Dare from Verizon Wireless. This phone is amazing (especially alot better than my old phone, Samsung Glyde. Great for people that want something with a touch screen like the iphone, but not with att.

I will put up a mini review in my blog later today.

I picked up the following over the weekend:

Rainbow Six Vegas(PS3)-$22.99(FYE)
Heavenly Sword(PS3-$29.99(Gamestop)
Superman Returns(special edition in a metal lunchbox with a comic book)-$6.99 with ANY purchase at FYE, normally sells for $12.99

Nice lunchbox with the SR movie too, since it has a kinda 3-D look to it.

I may stop back at this local shop tomorrow and grab Uncharted for $24 too.

purchases019mediumgp9.jpg

A few DVDs and games I bought over the past few weeks. The one that's kind of hard to see is the Shield Season 1 (which was a blind buy), got it for about $15 after the 40% Half Price Books coupon. I also got the Invisible Man Season 1 (I loved that show when I was younger, I didn't even know it was on DVD) for $18 after HPB coupon.

Timeshift was on clearance at Target for $10, and they had a ton of copies (at least 40). I also got good deals on the Tomb Raider games at Half Price Books, they were both less then $10 each. I haven't played them yet, but I've heard good things about both of them.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Where'd you score that?[/quote]

from a guy trying to sell it at gamestop.
They offered him $12 :lol:

My pickups for the late June and July month:

These are the games I received from Goozex.
goozex.jpg
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Genji
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- Grandia II
- Legaia 2
- Castle Shikigami 2
- Wild Arms 4
- Arc the Lad: End of Darkness
- Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
- Ar Tonelico (Sealed)

These are some free PS1 games I picked up from someone moving away.
ps1.jpg
- Chrono Cross - Complete
- Final Fantasy 9 - Missing Disc 3
- Ehrgeiz - complete
- 3 wrestling games - meh
- Theme Park - Long Box Complete
- Shadow Madness - Missing manual
- Harvest Moon - Missing Manual

Just some miscellaneous pickups that were all free except the Brave Story game:
misc.jpg
- A bunch of PS2/XBOX manuals and some movie inserts
- Spell Force - Forgot to include with the Goozex games
- Creative Zen - Mp3 player
- Apocolypto - Picked up complete from switchplanet.com
- Curse of the Golden Flower - Picked up complete from switchplanet.com
- Brave Story - Purchased at Gamestop for 19.99 + tax

And the last one, a Goozex shirt:
shirt.jpg
- The Goozex shirt was free because our team won in the Goozex Olympics held on the site.

bread's done
Back