CAGs Most Ordered in Q1 2009 - Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]208[/img-r]The following are CAGs most ordered games from Amazon.com (through CAG affliliate links) during Q1 2009 (Jan 1st to March 31st). Xbox 360 dominates again with 18 items in the top 50. Many CAGs jumped on the GTA: Lost and the Damned with 3 months of Xbox Live free promotion, pushing both items into the top 5. DSi pre-orders were also very strong taking the #5 (Black) and #10 (Blue) spots, likely helped by the Rhythm Heaven (#11) promotion.

1. :360: Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card plus 1 Month Bonus
  2. :ps3: Killzone 2
  3. :360: Xbox 360 Live 3 Month Gold Card
  4. :360: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
  5. :ds: Nintendo DSi Matte Black

Keep reading for the rest of the Top 50 and the breakdown by platform.[/preview]

1. :360: Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card plus 1 Month Bonus
  2. :ps3: Killzone 2
  3. :360: Xbox 360 Live 3 Month Gold Card
  4. :360: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
  5. :ds: Nintendo DSi Matte Black
  6. :ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  7. :360: Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition
  8. :ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2
  9. :360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  10. :ds: Nintendo DSi Matte Blue
  11. :ds: Rhythm Heaven
  12. :ps2: Yakuza 2
  13. :ds: Bleach: Dark Souls
  14. :360: Earth Defense Force & Samurai Warriors 2
  15. :wii: MadWorld
  16. :360: Fallout 3 Collector's Edition
  17. :360: Xbox 360 Live 1600 Points
  18. :360: You're in the Movies
  19. :ps3: Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition
  20. :ds: Luminous Arc 2
  21. :360: Guitar Hero World Tour - Guitar Kit
  22. iconamazon.gif
    Rock Band 2 Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit
  23. :wii: Wario Land: Shake It!
  24. :360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
  25. :ps2: God Hand
  26. :ps2: Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
  27. :ds: Retro Game Challenge
  28. :ps2: Samurai Showdown Anthology
  29. :wii: Sega Superstars Tennis
  30. :ps3: RealTriggers
  31. :ps3: Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition
  32. :360: Xbox 360 Resident Evil 5 Elite Red Console
  33. :360: Crackdown
  34. :ds: Chrono Trigger
  35. :pc: The Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Anthology
  36. :ps3: Ferrari Challenge
  37. :wii: Samba De Amigo
  38. :wii: Geometry Wars: Galaxies
  39. :360: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  40. :360: The Club
  41. :360: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  42. :psp: Manhunt 2
  43. :ps3: Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller
  44. :ps3: Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li
  45. :psp: Taito Legends Power Up
  46. :ds: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
  47. :ds: Summon Night: Twin Age
  48. :ds: Peggle Dual Shot
  49. :360: Raiden: Fighter Aces
  50. :360: Guitar Hero III: Wireless Guitar Bundle

Top 50 Breakdown
:360: 18
:ds: 10
:ps3: 7
:ps2: 6
:wii: 5
:psp: 2
:pc: 1
iconamazon.gif
1 (multi-platform accessory)

Previous reports

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these numbers only from people who used CAG links to Amazon? I am just trying to figure out how these are deduced.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm shocked that neither Halo Wars nor RE5 (Individual game) made this list.[/quote]

61. :360: Resident Evil 5
103. :ps3: Resident Evil 5
196. :360: Halo Wars LE
302. :360: Halo Wars

[quote name='CheapyD']61. :360: Resident Evil 5
103. :ps3: Resident Evil 5
196. :360: Halo Wars LE
302. :360: Halo Wars[/quote]

Ouch is all I have to say.

#3 and #4 are pretty bloody correlated such that it ought to be the same item, y'know?

EDIT: Seeing Yakuza 2 at #12 gives me some insight into how many clickthroughs this site actually gets, given the pants-shittingly low sales numbers that game's had thus far. I've still no idea, but my guess is that these sales, like many, are concentrated at the top and spread thinly towards the bottom. I'd wager that the top 10 selling items account for over 90% of the clickthroughs from CAG to Amazon, and the remaining 40 items the other 10% (or lower, actually).

[quote name='KingBroly']Ouch is all I have to say.[/quote]

I think it has to do more with the fact that there were no deals on those games on Amazon. If there were deals (there were several), they were typically on other sites (buy.com most prominent). This becomes pretty apparent when you look at the list (Bleach at 13 and that only went on sale last week).

[quote name='Shady3011']I think it has to do more with the fact that there were no deals on those games on Amazon.[/quote]

Exactly, those results basically show what Amazon deals people jumped on. From what I remember there were no RE5 deals when it launched.

CAGs would have bought from TRU if they bought RE5. It's really interesting because the list essentially highlights the best amazon deals of Q1.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... I can't believe so many CAGs are getting the DSi. Nice to see Killzone 2 do well at least.[/quote]

Ha, yeah. I preordered as soon as a link went up. I just want it because the DSiWare shows so major promise.

Interesting no PS3 love from CAGers? Its no surprise that KZ2 is right there at #2 that game is pretty much the reason to own a PS3 right now until GoW 3 comes out. For now is this a sign that there are more 360 gamers who buy more thru CAG links than PS3 gamers?

Any chance we could get a distribution graph? No numbers, just to get a general idea of the drop off as we go down the list.

Glad to see a lot of support for CAG coming from super niche titles that bombed hard at retail.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm shocked that neither Halo Wars nor RE5 (Individual game) made this list.[/quote]

I'm not sure about halo, but I'm sure the reason why RE5 is so far down on the bottom of the list is because its only the sales on Amazon itself. Now if we remember the RE5 with the $20 gift card offer in TRU or BB. im sure that is the reason why RE5 is scored so low.

I would have guessed Xbox 360 Live 3 Month Gold Card & Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned from the $20 Amazon deal at the #1 & #2 spot. I didn't even own GTA IV and I picked it up trading the DLC on Goozex(850 points at the time) & the 3 month for a copy of Condemened 2 + $10.

Phantasy Star AoTI made it on the list?! Who is playing that there are literally only like 6 people online ever anymore?!

Saints Row 2 was a helluva deal for $35 imho when it was up.

If Amazon kept the 13 month card for XBL at $30 I would have bought more.

bread's done
Back