CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

Thanks for the update hostyl. I'll send an invite after my Madden league game tonight.

You can send friend invites if you want. It isn't necessary, but it certainly doesn't hurt. But, aside from this thread, the gamertags for everyone should be easily accessible in the game or the league's site(which I posted in the OP).

So I'm going to have to back out for the moment. Hopefully I can catch on for the 2nd season or midway through. I'm still caught up with Madden for my sports fix + strapped for $$$. Good luck to all though!

I can do 6. I like more time though because not just for stats but I like to have time to adapt and adjust my game. If you go down by 12 pts early with 5 minutes quarters it can be devastating.

This is going to be a problem. Since uber dropped out, then we may need to drop someone else, since 2k only allows an even number of users in a league.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']hey can you you switch me from the Nuggets to the Washington Wizards before we start.[/QUOTE]
Not as simple as you think since you already signed up. I'll have to kick you out(or you just drop out), and then re-invite you to the league. I'll do it right away.

EDIT: ok, invite sent.

[quote name='xXx NASO xXx']When's my first game? I don't wanna miss it! I have never played a league on NBA2K.[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping that it'll be by Friday night. Right now, we're still in the middle of people signing up. Yesterday showed some promise since 12 people signed up. Today though...only one signed up.

hey good game earlier doom, hopefully I can get better with my players as a team before the franchise begins, lol

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']hey good game earlier doom, hopefully I can get better with my players as a team before the franchise begins, lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah good game man. John Wall was going off. Let me know if you ever want another scrim. I need the practice.

[quote name='Deuce20602']what team did ubernes have?

cru... u shoulda stuck with denver. john wall can't win every game for u[/QUOTE]

I know he can't but I just be having alot of fun with him out there I would rather lose and have fun than lose and not have fun lol

[quote name='Deuce20602']what team did ubernes have?
[/QUOTE]

NYC

Ok, looking good so far for signups. We have 15 signed up. To those who haven't signed up yet, please say whether you're committed to playing in the league. I'd rather have you quit right now than in the middle of the season.

If you need another team I will be the Clippers. Haven't played since 2k9 but I did a failed CAG league back then:) Gamertag is I Cubsrock23 I.

Thanks for stepping up guys. ai03mj23, I'll have to put you in a waiting list if you're still interested.

@y2j, I'll send you an invite later today.

This is exactly what I was worried about after allowing team changes.

No, you're stuck with a team that won the championship 3 times in the past 7 years. Congrats.

[quote name='eddie291']No, you're stuck with a team that won the championship 3 times in the past 7 years. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

lmao

[quote name='hostyl1']
Which I guess brings me to the next point, I suppose, following the lead of the current Madden league, we should give our general availabilities.
[/quote]

I said that in the post above yours. :p

Also, unless you're on the west coast (as I believe Matt Young is (damn you for taking my Bulls! ;))

Also :p

How are you all dealing w/ the delay between button press and on screen action? It's really blowing me that it takes so long for the animations to switch from drive to pull up / layup.

[quote name='eddie291']This is exactly what I was worried about after allowing team changes.

No, you're stuck with a team that won the championship 3 times in the past 7 years. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I didn't meant to say the Spurs are a bad team. I have no problem playing with Timmy.

I've updated the OP with the list of people who signed in already. I'm just gonna put a deadline on the sign ups. Have it done by Tuesday night, or I'll just cut out who didn't sign up yet and start the league. And we have 16 players signed up already, so I won't have to cut anyone who already signed up.

Sorry guys, I have to go out of town, please drop me from this league, been busier than expected. Sorry again.

Gamertag: Ang Colette

And with that, we have 17 players out of the remaining 17 players signed up, which is a problem. I don't wanna do it, but unless someone volunteers to leave, I'm going to open up registration for one more day and if no one else signs up, I'll have to kick out the last person who signed in(which in this case is Venom) and start with 16 players.

I sent a PM to ai03mj23, who volunteered before.

EDIT: ok, just got a pm from n8rockerasu. I'll start the league once he signs in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so n8rockerasu will be signing up as the Hawks, which gives us 18 users. I'll be sending him an invite later tonight, so league may finally(!) start tomorrow. All depends on how soon n8rockerasu signs in of course.

Well I'd like to get in my game tomorrow (wed) if possible. Thursday I'm gonna be out all night bowling so if not Wed, it'll be Fri or Sat. I'll be checking in during the day to see who the opponent is and sending PMs

[quote name='eddie291']Alright, so n8rockerasu will be signing up as the Hawks, which gives us 18 users. I'll be sending him an invite later tonight, so league may finally(!) start tomorrow. All depends on how soon n8rockerasu signs in of course.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not sure if you meant signing in like posting in the thread. If so...

CAG Name - Team - Gamertag
n8rockerasu - Hawks - n8rocker82

I sent eddie a friend request on Live and tried to find the league, but even when I searched by the exact name, it said "no league found". If you can get me an invite before 8 PM EST, that would be great. After that I'll be playing NHL 11.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sorry, not sure if you meant signing in like posting in the thread. If so...

CAG Name - Team - Gamertag
n8rockerasu - Hawks - n8rocker82

I sent eddie a friend request on Live and tried to find the league, but even when I searched by the exact name, it said "no league found". If you can get me an invite before 8 PM EST, that would be great. After that I'll be playing NHL 11.[/QUOTE]
Oh, by signing in I mean signing into the league, and accepting the invite. Which I'm in the middle of sending right now. To get to the invite, in the main menu, go to game modes, then online leagues, then invites. Accept ours, and choose your team and you'll be set.

And yeah, I think I need to send out the invite for you to get into the league. I've set it as a private league, so I think that's why you can't find it. Besides, you'll need a password even if you found it(which you don't need if I send you an invite).

Sorry for not sending it earlier. I've been studying all day. I came here in my little break I had earlier today.

Anyways, I think the deadline for the first game(assuming we start tomorrow) should be by Saturday or Sunday. We'll see once we start.

Alright, the league will officially start tomorrow, about 3pm est.

Also, I've created 2 conferences. Basically, East and West. Only problem was that I had to send one West team to Eastern, which was Memphis, because there's 10 Western teams and 8 Eastern teams. Look in the standings page in the league website if you wanna take a look.

[quote name='eddie291']
Also, I've created 2 conferences. Basically, East and West. Only problem was that I had to send one West team to Eastern, which was Memphis, because there's 10 Western teams and 8 Eastern teams. Look in the standings page in the league website if you wanna take a look.[/QUOTE]

No prob, I'd prefer Memphis in the East in real life too:D

[quote name='eddie291']Alright, the league will officially start tomorrow, about 3pm est.

Also, I've created 2 conferences. Basically, East and West. Only problem was that I had to send one West team to Eastern, which was Memphis, because there's 10 Western teams and 8 Eastern teams. Look in the standings page in the league website if you wanna take a look.[/QUOTE]

Come on. Everybody knows Minnesota is closer to the central division than the mid-west one! You just screwed my team into unnecessary travel!

lol, I actually had the T'wolves in the East, but I quickly ninja-edited it and went with Memphis. Only reason because of team ratings. I have no idea how good you guys are(for all I know, the best player here could've chosen the worst rated team in the league), so I went with team ratings to see who to send to the East.

Anyways, I'm in the middle of scheduling right now. Basically, here's how it works, because the way 2k has it set up is a bit confusing.

There's 15 games total in the season. 2k separated the schedule into 5 sections, consisting of 3 games each. Each of these 5 sections are called a Game, and then each individual game is called a Round. So using the Heat as an example.

Game 1

Round 1: Grizzlies @ Heat
Round 2: Celtics @ Heat
Round 3: Heat @ Wizards

So in Game 1, I have 3 games or Rounds. I know it's confusing, but that's how 2k has it set up unfortunately. And yeah, kinda weird because you'd think they would have the names reversed. But whatever, nothing we can do about it.

Anyways, check the league website for the schedule or you can check in the game. The league has finally officially started. Good luck everyone and have fun!

All right, hopefully we have more than a week to actually play the "week 1" games, but I assume we should be starting with those.

My first 5 opponents are

Matt Young, Calinks, urmomlikesme, Mr Grand Cru, and BossOfAllBossez.

I'm available most evenings...and I'm usually on pretty late (except lately since I've been sick and the Nyquil seems to knock me out by midnight, haha). If you see me on Live, just message me and I'll probably be able to play.

I checked the website shortly afetr reading eddie's post earlier, but saw no scheudle. Good to know I'm playing Nate... although I am winless.

[quote name='sublime90']eddie my friend wants to be the Knicks so if you have a free spot hes in. his GT is "And I Ball"[/QUOTE]
Nope. From what I know, I can't change the user amount once I started. Besides, we couldn't even if we didn't start the league. Adding him would give us an odd number of members, which again, 2k doesn't allow.

If he wants, I can add him to a waiting list, but he won't be able to choose any team since he'll be replacing someone if someone leaves.

[quote name='Matt Young']I checked the website shortly afetr reading eddie's post earlier, but saw no scheudle. Good to know I'm playing Nate... although I am winless.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing, considering the league site has come to a crawl ever since I generated the schedule. You should definitely be able to access it through the game itself.

EDIT: Ok, it seems like the Results/Schedule tab isn't working in the site. But it does in the My Schedule tab. Which is in My Team --> My Schedule

ANOTHER EDIT: Holy crap the scheduling is confusing. First the game told me everything is split up into 5 sections with 3 games. Now the website has 3 sections with 5 games each. Highly suggest you guys look up who you play first in the game. It should just tell you outright from there. From there, we'll figure out how it is in the site.

[quote name='Calinks']So we can play anyone in our group first?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to check if you manage to bump into one of your guys you have to play in a later game online.

Anyways, guys, start PM'ing your next opponent so that you can set up a time to play your game. Since we started in the middle of the week, I'm hoping we get through at least our first game by the end of the weekend.

Yeah, I got the schedule to show last night after examining my roster on the site. My first 5:

Washington Wizards
@ Atlanta Hawks
Phoenix Suns
@ Dallas Mavericks
Portland Blazers

Hey, whoever is the celtics, any interest in trading one of your many big guys? Maybe shaq, jermaine o'neal, or rasheed Wallace?

edit: I'm the suns btw

bread's done
Back