CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

Maybe try restarting the game and going into the online mode? I'm not sure what could cause that.

Nate and I had an epic game. It went back and forth, but he dominated in FG% and almost doubled me in points in the paint, and that was the difference. Boozer couldn't score, and Noah blew easy 2 footers en route to 1 point for him. I tied the game up with 4.9 seconds left, but Nate drained a shot with 1.9 left and Derrick Rose missed a buzzer beater attempt to give the hawks the win, 48-46.

Atlanta Hawks 56, Chicago Bulls 54

Now it looks like I'll be playing Cru (Washington). 3 games consecutively... nice!

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I've been kicked from all my leagues for some reason :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that and was wondering what happened. I got worried you quit. That's weird.

The Bulls are 1-2 now. After a big win against Phoenix and a 2 point loss to Atlanta, the Bulls played Washington. It was a tightly contested game throughout, with neitehr team leading by more than 5, but Washington took control in the 4th and Chicago's shooters went cold at the wrong time, leading to a Wizards victory. All the fast break points killed me, too.

Washington Wizards 59, Chicago Bulls 47

Gilbert Arenas was player of the game with 7 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, and 6 steals. His PG counterpart, Derrick Rose, scored 11 points along with 5 assists and a game-high 7 rebounds. John Wall led the scoring with 23. Kyle Korver dropped in 20 points.

[quote name='Calinks']Looking for the Trail Blazers and Pistons.[/QUOTE]

I'll can play anytime tonight from 7pm -1am central. I'll keep checking my xbox live messages every 10 minutes since i wont be logged on. Let me know if anyone who needs to, wants to play our game tonight.

Only team in round 1 that I have left to play is the Jazz, who is the only team left that has yet to play a game. Not sure what eddie's planning for deadlines (especially since he's only played one game himself), but hopefully people start playing more often since a good amount of games got played today.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I'm ready to play some more tomorrow afternoon if possible. Looking at you, Portland and Dallas![/QUOTE]

I'm good Sunday afternoon.

I don't know what happened SAC, but I lost my live connection and can't reconnect. I'm obviously online posting this, so I don't know what's going on. Sorry about this.

[quote name='Mizzou75']I don't know what happened SAC, but I lost my live connection and can't reconnect. I'm obviously online posting this, so I don't know what's going on. Sorry about this.[/QUOTE]
No problem. We'll just have to get eddie to reset the game.

Is there any way to cancel our game or anything? I didn't think it'd go final for the connection dropping. I don't deserve to "win" a game like that.

edit: ok good it can be reset. please do that eddie when you get a chance. thanks.

^I've done it through the site, so it may take a bit of time for it to officially reset(evidently, doing it in the game is instant, but its not when in the site).

BTW, if you guys need help like that, PM me through here. Even though I check the thread at least once a day, I get emails everytime a person PMs me. So that usually grabs my attention right away, and so I can deal with whatever you guys need.

Im trying to get a game in but it seems no one is avaliable that I need to play. Anyone nee to play the Jazz, post or message me on live within the next hour.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Im trying to get a game in but it seems no one is avaliable that I need to play. Anyone nee to play the Jazz, post or message me on live within the next hour.[/QUOTE]

i'm having the same problem... and one of my opponents is the league creator :whistle2:/

Notice anything strange with this league game picture?

m2891260.jpg

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I'll can play anytime tonight from 7pm -1am central. I'll keep checking my xbox live messages every 10 minutes since i wont be logged on. Let me know if anyone who needs to, wants to play our game tonight.[/QUOTE]

Are you available today?

Lakers, Wizards, Heat, Hawks, Bucks. Are any of you guys able to play a game with me tonight? I really want to get a game in but no one has responded to me here or on xbox live. I don't want to get booted from the league because I can't get a game in.

[quote name='Calinks']Notice anything strange with this league game picture?

m2891260.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lol that was our game. Also wish you had a shot of me hitting what looked like the game tying three pointer with steve nash to take it into extras but turned out to be a two pointer

I'm online now and will be til 10:30 or so. Magic, Heat, Jazz please PM me here on CAG as I'm watching TV and can see the pop up on the lappy before seeing it on XBL. Thanks
(BUCKS)

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I'm home sick so if anyone wants to play just send me a message.[/QUOTE]

Can you play in 30-60 minutes?

I have to admit, i'm getting pretty irritated that this league has yet to advance past the first series of games because a bunch of teams are never available to play. What was the point of joining the league if u weren't gonna play games? I understand people have lives outside of their xbox but come on... i have a full time job, a daughter, a dog, i coach basketball teams, i play basketball on a regular basis... and i still find ample time to play in my leagueS (both 2k and Madden). Come on people...

Sorry, I know I said I was able to play this week but I have been too busy with school and the nba games. Dallas and Orlando I(Spurs) will be available this weekend.

P.S.- Cleveland just beat Boston, the day after Boston beats Miami. -___-

[quote name='Deuce20602']I have to admit, i'm getting pretty irritated that this league has yet to advance past the first series of games because a bunch of teams are never available to play. What was the point of joining the league if u weren't gonna play games? I understand people have lives outside of their xbox but come on... i have a full time job, a daughter, a dog, i coach basketball teams, i play basketball on a regular basis... and i still find ample time to play in my leagueS (both 2k and Madden). Come on people...[/QUOTE]

Well, the founder of the league has played the least amount of games, lol. I'm sure eddie's got a lot going on, but that definitely doesn't help things. I've got one game left in series one, but honestly, I haven't been making much of an effort to get to it because I see other teams with 3-4 games left. Deadlines suck, but generally they are needed.

[quote name='Deuce20602']I have to admit, i'm getting pretty irritated that this league has yet to advance past the first series of games because a bunch of teams are never available to play. What was the point of joining the league if u weren't gonna play games? I understand people have lives outside of their xbox but come on... i have a full time job, a daughter, a dog, i coach basketball teams, i play basketball on a regular basis... and i still find ample time to play in my leagueS (both 2k and Madden). Come on people...[/QUOTE]

I think it's tougher just on the fact that you can't just invite someone. You both have to be in the league menu, that alone is annoying. I think it would've gone far better had we put on Flex Scheduling, that way whenever two people are on and they happen to play a game even if it's in round 3 they don't have to wait and it's outta the way. Anyways, if anyone wants to get a game in later I'll be on, if not then I'll be on tomorrow playing my CAG Madden Game against Matt Young. So either before or after that I could get one in as well.

I know I was a replacement player and have been in the league a shorter time then the rest of you, but I have posted damn near everyday trying to get a game in and only one person has ever responded. I am really getting frustrated as well.

i dont want anyone to feel singled out... there are a bunch of teams with a bunch of games left to play but i just feel like we should've been in the third round of games by now and the reason we havent is simply because no games are being played. I got three games done in three weeks... clearly short of the "two games a week" declaration in the OP... but my last two gave been exceedingly difficult to schedule. I've at least made contact with the Lakers on multpile occasions and the one night we actually tried to play, the servers went down. I guess my frustration is with the lack of interest. I understand people watch NBA games but they JUST STARTED this week. This league has been up way before the season started. I feel that if you cant play your games because you have other things to do, you shouldnt have signed up for the league.

Eddie, i know you're online often enough cuz ur in the Madden league and u get games played. I've been online just about every day since this league was conceived and i have yet to catch u online to attempt a game. Also, u being the creator/commish of the league, i think it's somewhat important to lead by example and u having the fewest games played out of anyone seems a bit ridiculous. I completely understand if life has u by the nutsack but if that's the case, stepping aside and allowing someone to take control to move this league along would be the reasonable thing to do. There are numerous people in this league that would be willing and able to take over and handle the duties.

i acknowledge the complete and utter hypocrisy(the opening sentece and then speaking directly to someone) in my above post... i guess i shoulda posted them separately but o well... had to get it all out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='venom']I think it's tougher just on the fact that you can't just invite someone. You both have to be in the league menu, that alone is annoying.[/QUOTE]

While a bit annoying, I dont see that as a huge problem. You just go to the user's gamer card and send a quick msg. That's pretty much how I've gotten contact in my few games. Problem is, I can never seem to catch two of the people online.

Yeah I apologize I haven't been on since the weekend. Honestly, if there's someone out there who wants in the league and would be more active than me I wouldn't be offended. I've been devoting all my time to New Vegas, plus work is picking up here and I'll start having to work weekends and traveling soon, so.

That said, I'll try and pop on tonight. Probably after 7 pm CT.

[quote name='hostyl1']Problem is, I can never seem to catch two of the people online.[/QUOTE]

This is why sometimes you have to communicate with the person in this thread or through PM and set up an actual time to play. Relying on bumping into each other is just silly.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is why sometimes you have to communicate with the person in this thread or through PM and set up an actual time to play. Relying on bumping into each other is just silly.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I have a very specific time that I'm on every night, and have said such through out this thread. I've also posted to try and set up games, but that didnt happen either. So say what you will.

As much as I enjoy the aspect of this league, it's just not working for me. Communication among users is slow and overall scheduling is extremely slow compared to the madden league.

I agree with pretty much everything Deuce brought up. Sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. Just isn't fun when things are moving this slowly.

bread's done
Back